• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Five Steps IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Seba Lynn Wan
Location: On the boat | Interaction(s): Tommy, AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 , ClownPope ClownPope | Mention(s): Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
229486_VJb7iqLB.png
Either Seba had been too entranced by the performance from the violin player or her perception was off since someone else's voice chimed in right after Seba's comment. Her gaze slid over to the owner of the voice and noticed that there had indeed been someone else there, a built man with short black hair that had some green strands peeking out. Although he didn't seem to have noticed Seba and how she approached the violinist to start a conversation first. This faltered Seba's earlier smile and she felt her tongue ready to click in annoyance on how the other man's interference came across nearly rude to the young woman, but she held back as the movement of the boat distracted her. Seba reached for the nearest pole fixture and held onto it to provide her with support as she was still standing in place.

Her calm expression returned with its pleasurable smile when the violin player turned his attention to her for a moment. But he soon directed some words towards the other man sitting on the bench. At this point, Seba could tell that the built man had been included into the conversation. She subtly exhaled a long breath as she watched the violinist play a short part of the requested song from the man on the bench.

Once he was finished playing, Seba cleared her throat then, hoping to catch his attention or else her words would be missed, "How long have you been playing the violin? My name is-" Her sentence halted halfway as a certain, bright hue of red seemed to have danced its way over to the trio. It was a quick interaction of a red, striking, curly-haired, young woman handing over what Seba overheard as a teabag to help alleviate nausea for the muscular man on the bench. Yet another interruption to her conversation, although she was in awe rather than bothered from the interference of the red-head. Her mind had been attempting to connect some dots the instant she saw the girl, but as soon as she had passed over the teabag, she was gone, like a fairy.

Seba blinked a couple of times, before gazing back over to the boy with the violin and the man sitting on the bench. "Sorry, I got a little distracted there. My name is Seba Lynn Wan. But please call me Seba," this time she passed off her attention to both of the men, "I didn't get to enter the chat often since I was busy so I'm having to play some catch-up."

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

Nat

X

X

Nat kept her gaze trained on the messy-haired boy, finding a small amusement in the fact that she wasn't the only one suffering today. Now that she was closer, and got a good look at his features, she was able to appreciate his boyish good looks with a bemused smile that came easier with someone to talk to. He needs a haircut, she noted absentmindedly, before her brain registered his question.

Opening her red-painted lips to respond, Nat only managed an inhale before a blur of red caught her attention. A girl like a blazing ball of energy had seemingly appeared from nowhere, though Nat distinctly remembered seeing her beside one of the quieter girls. This was someone Nat could see herself getting along with easily; Nat was a flashy person herself, and there was nothing lowkey about this other woman in the slightest. Even her voice was a chattering, excited tone that Nat's sluggish brain took another moment to process. She couldn't even thank the redhead before she was back out of sight again.

Giving a quiet chuckle, Nat turned her attention back to the boy she'd originally approached. "Well, at least we know our stay will be interesting." Her accent showed horribly with the final word, the syllables tangling with consonants clumsily as her aching brain struggled to keep itself from wilting. With a slight pause to watch the redhead return to her place, Nat looked at the bag in her hand with an arched eyebrow. She wasn't sure if it would help much, considering the only thing that she figured would help any of this would be just one little tiny drop of alcohol, but she gave it a delicate sniff anyway. Instantly, she sneezed at the strength of the peppermint and laughed at herself.

Nat suddenly remembered the boy's question, and gave a polite smile. "I'm a lucky guesser. And you're quiet in the chat, so I figured..." She waved her hand in a noncommital, indistinguishable gesture before tapping it against the railing. "I'm Nat. Pleased to meet you." She shoved her hair out of her face when the ocean breeze forced it in her icy gaze. "Who do you suppose that was?" She inquired, looking back at the redhead and throwing a wink her way, bringing a faux-cocky smirk to her lips. This trip could definitely be tolerable, once she stopped feeling like she was going to die a horrible painful death.

mood: Missing Dry Land | location: boat outfit: x |tags: Kidzait Kidzait (boone) Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 (ramona, mentioned)

Nat kept her gaze trained on the messy-haired boy, finding a small amusement in the fact that she wasn't the only one suffering today. Now that she was closer, and got a good look at his features, she was able to appreciate his boyish good looks with a bemused smile that came easier with someone to talk to. He needs a haircut, she noted absentmindedly, before her brain registered his question.

Opening her red-painted lips to respond, Nat only managed an inhale before a blur of red caught her attention. A girl like a blazing ball of energy had seemingly appeared from nowhere, though Nat distinctly remembered seeing her beside one of the quieter girls. This was someone Nat could see herself getting along with easily; Nat was a flashy person herself, and there was nothing lowkey about this other woman in the slightest. Even her voice was a chattering, excited tone that Nat's sluggish brain took another moment to process. She couldn't even thank the redhead before she was back out of sight again.

Giving a quiet chuckle, Nat turned her attention back to the boy she'd originally approached. "Well, at least we know our stay will be interesting." Her accent showed horribly with the final word, the syllables tangling with consonants clumsily as her aching brain struggled to keep itself from wilting. With a slight pause to watch the redhead return to her place, Nat looked at the bag in her hand with an arched eyebrow. She wasn't sure if it would help much, considering the only thing that she figured would help any of this would be just one little tiny drop of alcohol, but she gave it a delicate sniff anyway. Instantly, she sneezed at the strength of the peppermint and laughed at herself.

Nat suddenly remembered the boy's question, and gave a polite smile. "I'm a lucky guesser. And you're quiet in the chat, so I figured..." She waved her hand in a noncommital, indistinguishable gesture before tapping it against the railing. "I'm Nat. Pleased to meet you." She shoved her hair out of her face when the ocean breeze forced it in her icy gaze. "Who do you suppose that was?" She inquired, looking back at the redhead and throwing a wink her way, bringing a faux-cocky smirk to her lips. This trip could definitely be tolerable, once she stopped feeling like she was going to die a horrible painful death.

mentions: Life. Life.

TOMMY

Tommy kneels down and places his violin and bow in their case. Listening to the one that calls themselves Seba, “You can call me Tommy.”, he stands back up with his case in hand, “I couldn’t help but hear you try to ask me how long Ive been playing… well, that is a complicated question for me…” he tries to fake a smile, “ive been playing since I was 6 I suppose, though I didn’t actually enjoy it until I was 18.”

he looks around for a seat, but being in the middle of the boat, there wouldn't be any unless someone moved a chair out. So he decided to use his suitcase as a seat. it wasnt very comfortable, but it was probably better than the floor, “its probably okay that you weren't in the chat often. I don’t suppose this whole experiment is supposed to revolve around our phones anyway. It seems like the kind to examine how we are socially in person with each other. Otherwise they probably wouldn’t have us go to the island.” He smiles, more genuinely this time, “I just wonder what they have in store for us.”

Astrid Hale
interacting with: Ramona ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 )
mentions: Tommy ( AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 )
outfit: [x]
mood: anxious and uncertain

Astrid looked down at her feet as Ramona began clapping along to the violin music, feeling relieved that the red-head hadn't been unkind about Astrid's misspeaking earlier. The girl chattered on a bit, Astrid listening but not sure how to respond. Tombo, huh? Interesting nickname... She turned her head to look out towards the ocean, feeling the slightest bit overwhelmed, in hopes that the clear blue water would calm her. It helped a bit, for a brief moment, but the hint of serenity slipped away quickly when Astrid turned back and Ramona had run off to speak with others. "Oh..." Astrid sighed, a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth. I must be so boring... can't even keep a conversation going longer than a few sentences. She rested her head in her hand, looking back out at the sea. People had never been her forte, and coming on a trip like this was beginning to seem more and more like overly wishful thinking. For a split second, she wondered how long it would take for her to swim back to shore, but as appealing as that might have seemed to her at the time, she pushed the thought away -- alas, while a nice idea, it seemed too dangerous. Astrid could faintly hear Ramona chatting to others elsewhere on the ship. She couldn't make out the conversation, but she could easily assume that everyone else here was probably twenty times as fun and talkative as Astrid was. Yet another perceived strike against her. Maybe I ought to just withdraw from the experiment once we get there. I'm sure they'll understand. She nodded to herself at the thought. She wasn't cut out for this, clearly.

After what felt like a very long time, Ramona did eventually make her way back to the corner where Astrid was seated. "I'm so sorry about that. I often find myself wandering around without a thought sometimes. Stupid ADHD." The girl said with a giggle. Astrid forced a small smile. "Oh, um, it's no problem." She said, trying to keep her comments short. She didn't want the conversation to end, but she felt this was likely one-sided. If she started talking a lot then Ramona might feel forced to keep chatting with her, and Astrid knew full well that there were much more interesting things on the boat than her. An unfortunate problem of Astrid's was the feeling that anyone interacting with her must be doing it out of obligation, guilt, or pity. Ramona, as far as Astrid was concerned, clearly fell into the pity category, and she was not about to have anyone miss out on fun things because they felt bad for her. She sighed again, staring back down at her shoes. What a disaster. Negative thoughts cycled in Astrid's head, her anxiety growing. She caught a bit of movement out of the corner of her eye, which at least drew her focus elsewhere for a second -- The violinist... Tommy, right? had sat down atop his violin case as there weren't any chairs nearby. She stared in his direction, feeling like she should help or at least offer a seat, but unable to muster the courage to speak up. After a few seconds of feeling conflicted though, she accidentally made eye contact with him. She quickly turned her head in another direction, making a poor attempt to pretend that she hadn't been zoning out directly at Tommy. Oh my god, Astrid. Seriously? Save for some tsunami or storm or crash, she was beginning to feel like this was about her worst nightmare coming true.

code by RI.a

Astrid looked down at her feet as Ramona began clapping along to the violin music, feeling relieved that the red-head hadn't been unkind about Astrid's misspeaking earlier. The girl chattered on a bit, Astrid listening but not sure how to respond. Tombo, huh? Interesting nickname... She turned her head to look out towards the ocean, feeling the slightest bit overwhelmed, in hopes that the clear blue water would calm her. It helped a bit, for a brief moment, but the hint of serenity slipped away quickly when Astrid turned back and Ramona had run off to speak with others. "Oh..." Astrid sighed, a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth. I must be so boring... can't even keep a conversation going longer than a few sentences. She rested her head in her hand, looking back out at the sea. People had never been her forte, and coming on a trip like this was beginning to seem more and more like overly wishful thinking. For a split second, she wondered how long it would take for her to swim back to shore, but as appealing as that might have seemed to her at the time, she pushed the thought away -- alas, while a nice idea, it seemed too dangerous. Astrid could faintly hear Ramona chatting to others elsewhere on the ship. She couldn't make out the conversation, but she could easily assume that everyone else here was probably twenty times as fun and talkative as Astrid was. Yet another perceived strike against her. Maybe I ought to just withdraw from the experiment once we get there. I'm sure they'll understand. She nodded to herself at the thought. She wasn't cut out for this, clearly.

After what felt like a very long time, Ramona did eventually make her way back to the corner where Astrid was seated. "I'm so sorry about that. I often find myself wandering around without a thought sometimes. Stupid ADHD." The girl said with a giggle. Astrid forced a small smile. "Oh, um, it's no problem." She said, trying to keep her comments short. She didn't want the conversation to end, but she felt this was likely one-sided. If she started talking a lot then Ramona might feel forced to keep chatting with her, and Astrid knew full well that there were much more interesting things on the boat than her. An unfortunate problem of Astrid's was the feeling that anyone interacting with her must be doing it out of obligation, guilt, or pity. Ramona, as far as Astrid was concerned, clearly fell into the pity category, and she was not about to have anyone miss out on fun things because they felt bad for her. She sighed again, staring back down at her shoes. What a disaster. Negative thoughts cycled in Astrid's head, her anxiety growing. She caught a bit of movement out of the corner of her eye, which at least drew her focus elsewhere for a second -- The violinist... Tommy, right? had sat down atop his violin case as there weren't any chairs nearby. She stared in his direction, feeling like she should help or at least offer a seat, but unable to muster the courage to speak up. After a few seconds of feeling conflicted though, she accidentally made eye contact with him. She quickly turned her head in another direction, making a poor attempt to pretend that she hadn't been zoning out directly at Tommy. Oh my god, Astrid. Seriously? Save for some tsunami or storm or crash, she was beginning to feel like this was about her worst nightmare coming true.

Last edited:
Interactions: queenbean queenbean (Nat), Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 (Ramona)
Mentions: AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 (Tommy)

Boone swore the sea was getting rougher. His eyes could not confirm this and the ocean had not changed since the boat shoved off. It remained the cartoonish green-blue he had imagined before he stepped foot in California. His seasickness was just caused by Boone being sick of the sea. He really wished his meds would kick in so he could at least enjoy the company around him and the adventure ahead.

“Hello friends! I’m Ramona and this is for you.” Boone hardly had a chance to get a word out before a small sack was placed in his hand. He wasn't even sure what compelled him to outreach his hand in the first place.
“I know this sounds odd… But if you smell this it will help ease your nausea.” the red-head chirped cheerfully. Boone blinked in confusion and looked down at the small bag in his hand. When he looked back up to thank her, she had already flitted away to help another poor soul with the air seasickness. Boone wasn't even able to get a good look at her. Did she introduce herself?

Boone looked at Nat, who had her own tea bag in her hand, " uhhhhh...was she real?" he asked with a bemused smile, " and did she say her name was Ramona or did I imagine that? With that said and done, Boone glanced back down at the little tea bag in his hand. The sea spirit said that the smell would quiet his stomach and if he has learned anything from living alone it's this; always trust a hallucination. Boone cupped the tea to his nose and inhaled slowly. The peppermint in the tea leaves filled his nose, causing his eyes to water slightly. He was unsure how powerful the placebo effect was but he did find his stomach finally began to calm down.

"I'm a lucky guesser. And you're quiet in the chat, so I figured..." The woman said, trailing off with a motion that made it look like she was trying to swat a fly, "I'm Nat. Pleased to meet you."

" nice to meet you too, Nat the Lucky Guesser Boone said with a chuckle, ” not sure why I was so quiet, really. Guess I didn’t have much to say”. Boone fell silent for a moment, grateful that someone came up to chat but mortified because he was unsure how people did chatting.

"So Nat, what do you do outside of entering game shows in your free time? He asked, taking another inhale of the tea bag. It seemed the guy with the violin was done with his concert, allowing the hum of the engine to cut through the air with surprising volume.

Hana Imai
#F7DA64

1624261537013.png
Interactions: AreSneksSly AreSneksSly (Tobias)

Th-That's not... Between her reddened cheeks, Hana's mouth quivered, then curling into a relieved smirk. Funny... With each of Toby's chortles and vain attempts to stop himself, she felt more of a smile creep up on her. Oh God, that's so embarrassing... Though she stepped back and hovered a fist over her mouth, anyone could tell how less tense she'd become. "It... It's fine," she choked at his apology through stifling endeavors to hold her "obnoxious" chuckling. With a quiet sigh, she released the nervous pressure that built in her stomach during her panic-fueled stumbles. Miraculously, her own awkwardness solved itself. That's what she figured when a more "sparkly" Toby started more small talk. I... guess it's fine if it made him happy...? She formed a little smile, finding the turn of events weirdly humorous. "I've been living alone for a few years, now... I think I'm pretty good at cooking... o-only simple things, though. I can boil an egg..."

Hana tapped her fingers, as if counting them for a recital. "Eto (Um), omurice is like fried rice wrapped in an omelette. It's supposed to be really soft and savory, but when I make it... I don't think I'll ever be as good as my mother..." She glanced to the side, unable to keep eye contact with him; another thing she never understood in interactions. Eto, eto... "Dorayaki's really yummy, too..." Hana intertwined her fingers, repeatedly mouthing an 'eto.' "It's this thing... made of two little..." She bit her lip, motioning with her hands pressed against each other flat like a burger. Buns? Pancakes? Aren't those too big for dorayaki? What do you call them?! "Two little bread patties with sweet azuki bean paste in between." With a slight tilt of her head, she quickly added more. "Or, eto, red bean paste... Which is what azuki is..."

With faintly reddening cheeks, Hana softly giggled at herself. "I'm sorry, I'm not good at explaining things." For a moment, she wished that at least one of her friends stood beside her. They'd be the ones talking for her... Which would leave no point in her participating in the experiment. Do you want to try one? You look like you might like it. She held her tongue. Wouldn't that come off rude? Assuming based on his looks? "Eto," she suddenly spoke, biting her tongue far too late. Now she had to say something, cursing her overbearing mind. "I-If it's possible, when the experiment is over... I can get some of my mom's homemade dorayaki and give some to you..." Doesn't... Doesn't that sound insinuating...? Hana glanced around herself as she mouthed more lines, trying to hide the ever-so gradual return of the nervousness; like a curse overriding a temporary cure. "Eto, m-my friend, the one you look kind of like, told me they were really good, last time I gave her some... S-So I just thought... You know..."

1624314929221.png
28e7a9b65a809afef9d9a7d01c5ab844.png

Location: Boat ∞ Island | Interactions: peach moon peach moon & all passengers | Mood: Excited~☆ | Outfit: Boho Outfit & Backpack | 95f9b5

For a moment, the two girls didn’t say a word to each other. Other than the slap of waves and chittering of passengers, a silence permeated the air. Ramona took this time to relax a little, resting her arms on the back of the bench they shared. She hadn’t had a minute’s peace since she had told Naomi of the experiment. Now, with some distance, she could at last think for herself.
Tilting her face up, she smiled softly as the sun’s warmth caressed her cheek. The redhead's hair seemed to light up, turning into a crimson fire. At this rate, she would get a sunburn if she wasn’t careful….

“Hmmmm…” She breathed, noting the gentle bobbing of the boat. Its repetitive motion was almost hypnotic.

“Finally. A freaking vacation.” Ray spoke aloud, breaking the silence.
“Life was starting to get a little stale yanno? This opportunity couldn’t have come at a better time.”

Silence.

Ramona frowned. Opening one eye she glimpsed at the brunette, worrying that she had somehow annoyed her. What she saw however was something she had not been expecting. The look on her pastel pal’s face was not one of joy. It was not an expression of excitement. It was a look that Ray had had many times over the years. The haunted look of self-loathing.
Anxiety marred Astrid’s beautiful features, something that greatly upset the redhead. It was Ramona’s mission in life to make everyone smile. Failing to do so was not an option.

“Hey.” She spoke, suddenly sitting up in her seat. Voice full of an intense empathy.

She leaned towards her, their faces mere inches apart. Ray’s emerald eyes sparkled with anticipation as she reached forward with her index finger.

“Boop.” She grinned, pointing at the tip of Astrid’s nose.

“Enough of that ya silly goose. Smile! Look around!”

Her arms waved as Mona gestured toward the tropic paradise that surrounded them.
“You’re my new best friend okay? We are going to have an absolute blast! I need you on your A-game to help me prank Jasper…”

It was then that Ramona noticed her actions and the abnormal way she was behaving. Her brother had chastised her about boundaries many times. For some reason, it was a concept Ray had a hard time grasping when swept up in emotion.
Suddenly embarrassed, an obvious blush crept across her face.

“Sorry... again.” She murmured, scratching the back of her head and standing up.

In an attempt to save face she glanced everywhere she could, everywhere but in Astrid’s direction. Out on the horizon, as if appearing out of nowhere, she saw an island in the distance. An island the boat was sailing directly towards.
Just like that, her enthusiasm got the best of her and she forgot all about the embarrassing episode that occurred moments ago. Ray ran towards the edge of the deck, dangerously leaning her upper body over the railing.

“Guys!” She shouted, barely catching herself from falling into the ocean.
"LAND HO!”

mood
Relieved

outfit
here

tags
Tommy AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 , Seba Life. Life. , Ramona Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
Charles Andersen
After Tommy's answer and the small intro he chuckled. "Awesome man, I guess it must be a midwest thing then." He hadn't noticed the woman next to them till she cleared her throat. His face colored slightly as he realized he must've interrupted her. He was about to apologize when another young woman abruptly approached.

“I’m Ray, and I also love Charlie Daniels.” His brow rose in slight surprise from the sudden interaction. Ray? Ramona, had to be, the energy matched and that was the only person he could suspect with that nickname. So this was Ramona. His face reddened even more as he remembered back to the conversation they had of him gushing over the cute dog he'd seen. A small wave of embarrassment washing over him as he sat more rigidly, politely taking the tea bag from her. "Oh, t-" And with that, she was gone. Well, not gone, across the aisle talking to the quiet-looking girl sitting by herself.

Charles slowly lifted the bag to his nose and gave it a hesitant sniff. The strong smell making his nose tingle on the edge of a sneeze causing his face to crinkle up. It reminded him of when his mother had gotten obsessed with essential oils and practically doused his entire wardrobe in them, claiming it'd help his 'mental issues'. All it did was irritate him and on one occasion gave him a really bad rash. A small scoff shook his chest before realizing he was being included in the conversation that was still happening next to him. "Hm? Oh, I was in there a bit I guess. 'm Charles." He gave a curt wave to the two.

"LAND HO!"
The shout caused Charles to quickly turn his head, slowly standing up as he walked towards the front of the boat for a better view. "Thank god." He mumbled to himself seeing the landmass coming up. He couldn't wait to get off this dang thing and back on land.
coded by reveriee

Charles Anderson [#F05F3B]
After Tommy's answer and the small intro he chuckled. "Awesome man, I guess it must be a midwest thing then." He hadn't noticed the woman next to them till she cleared her throat. His face colored slightly as he realized he must've interrupted her. He was about to apologize when another young woman abruptly approached.
“I’m Ray, and I also love Charlie Daniels.” His brow rose in slight surprise from the sudden interaction. Ray? Ramona, had to be, the energy matched and that was the only person he could suspect with that nickname. So this was Ramona. His face reddened even more as he remembered back to the conversation they had of him gushing over the cute dog he'd seen. A small wave of embarrassment washing over him as he sat more rigidly, politely taking the tea bag from her. "Oh, t-" And with that, she was gone. Well, not gone, across the aisle talking to the quiet-looking girl sitting by herself.
Charles slowly lifted the bag to his nose and gave it a hesitant sniff. The strong smell making his nose tingle on the edge of a sneeze causing his face to crinkle up. It reminded him of when his mother had gotten obsessed with essential oils and practically doused his entire wardrobe in them, claiming it'd help his 'mental issues'. All it did was irritate him and on one occasion gave him a really bad rash. A small scoff shook his chest before realizing he was being included in the conversation that was still happening next to him. "Hm? Oh, I was in there a bit I guess. 'm Charles." He gave a curt wave to the two.
"LAND HO!"
The shout caused Charles to quickly turn his head, slowly standing up as he walked towards the front of the boat for a better view. "Thank god." He mumbled to himself seeing the landmass coming up. He couldn't wait to get off this dang thing and back on land.

Mood: Relaxed
Outfit: here
Tags: Tommy, Seba, Ramona

Tobias Winfrey
[#48c758]

Location: Boat | Interactions: Hana ( StaidFoal StaidFoal ) | Mood: Glad | Outfit: Summer Boi

A warmth spread in Toby’s chest as Hana seemed to relax, her lips curling into a small smile and looking significantly less nervous. Toby had honestly been worried that bursting into laughter would’ve caused Imai to overheat and melt into the floor, but thankfully that didn’t happen. Tobias let out a quiet sigh of relief, before he found himself smiling at Hana, listening intently to her story. Sitting back down, Toby looked at Hana with an honest to goodness twinkle in his eye as she sheepishly, albeit less so than before, explained what an omurice was, tapping her fingers as she did so.

It was only when she glanced away was Toby momentarily snapped out of his stare. ‘Oh gosh, was I staring at her?’ he thought to himself, flushing. He hadn’t meant to, really! He just wanted to be polite and maintain eye contact. But this is Hana, so he probably came off as far too intense. Damnit, why was this so hard? He knows her! He should remember what she finds uncomfortable! The man’s gaze shot to the floor as his face heated up. His hand was awkwardly hovering a few inches away from his mouth, torn on whether or not to smack himself in the forehead or cover his face and never leave. ‘You just got her to smile and now you’re panicking. Good job Winfrey. Real good job.’ Okay, this is fine. Just act normal. She doesn’t have to know you’re freaking out, so just… relax.

Easier said than done.

Looking back to Hana, Toby swallowed the lump in his throat that had mysteriously appeared in the last minute or so and smiled at her. But not too wide. And not to small. He didn’t want to come off as insincere, after all. At that moment she was motioning something with her hands and looking surprisingly concentrated, staring at the space between her palms. "Two little bread patties with sweet azuki bean paste in between," she finally said, lowering her hands. ‘Wait, two little bread patties? Wasn’t she talking about omurice a few seconds ago? Did I miss it??’ Toby tried to rewind his thoughts to back when she was talking about omurice, skipping past his little moment of panic, but he couldn’t recall her bringing up anything else. ‘Maybe she’s talking about dorayaki?’ his mind supplied, and Toby gave himself an almost imperceptible nod. ‘Yeah, yeah… that’s probably it…’

For the second time in a row Toby turned his attention back to Hana, just in time for her to explain what azuki is. A small blush covered the woman’s cheeks, accompanied by a soft smile as she giggled to herself. "I'm sorry, I'm not good at explaining things."

“It’s alright! I’m the one who threw you the question, heh…” Toby chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as a creeping red tinted his cheeks. Hana glanced to her side for a moment, seemingly pondering over something. "Eto," she muttered. "I-If it's possible, when the experiment is over... I can get some of my mom's homemade dorayaki and give some to you..."

Toby felt his heart light up as his head tilted and a small smile spread across his face. ‘That’s so sweet of her…’ His smile only grew wider when Hana mentioned having given it to her friend in the past, and Toby couldn’t stop the little gasp that slipped past his lips. ‘So that’s what is was!’ he thought to himself with a snap of his fingers. Realising he hadn’t answered her though, Toby coughed away his grin before turning back to his boat partner, a calm smile affixed onto his face. “I would love that,” he replied, struggling to keep his smile from breaking into a grin.

Just as he finished saying that however, a call hollered out from deck, in that same cheery voice Toby recognized as Ramona. "LAND HO!” she yelled, and Toby felt that familiar spark of excitement in his heart. He did it. He’d managed to survive on hour on this hellish boat ride. Holy. Shit.

“Wow, has it really been that long? It felt like just a few minutes passed, haha!” Giddy was the best word to describe the man at that moment. Looking to the woman beside him, Toby grinned. “I’m going to check on my luggage before we dock, but I’m holding you to that dorayaki promise!” Slowly rising to his feet, Tobias waved goodbye to Hana before making his way to his seat, when he paused. Turning back around, Toby shot her one last smile. “I’ll see you on the island, Hana.”

Walking over to where he’d left his luggage, Toby was relieved to see that no one had swiped it from under his nose. With a quiet exhale he sunk into the seat beside his bags, a strange sense of relief washing over him. He did it. Not only was he able to talk to Hana without spontaneously combusting, but he managed to do it without her recognizing him and for long enough that the island was in sight. There was probably still a few minutes before they docked though, and while this relief lasted Toby was going to stay right there, staring at the calm blue sea through his window with a tiny smile on his face.

Astrid Hale
interacting with: Ramona ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 )
mood: having butterflies

Sure, Astrid may have been physically on the boat, but mentally she was drowning. Utterly horrified by her own ineptitude, all she could do was look downwards, her eyes practically boring holes into her sneakers. She felt so out of her depth, maybe more than ever before. It faintly registered to her that Ramona was saying something, but Astrid barely heard it. Her lower lip quivered and she balled her hands into fists, blinking back a tear. She drew a shaky deep breath and nervously tucked her hair behind her ear, thanking whatever gods might be out there that she managed to compose herself. Yes, this was terrible and overwhelming but bursting into tears would certainly just make things worse. Suddenly, Astrid felt the hair stand up on the back of her neck... it felt like someone was watching her.

"Hey." Ramona said, breaking the silence. It was definitely said at a normal volume, but Astrid was already on edge and jumped in surprise. She shifted her attention, almost startling again when, upon looking up, Ramona's face was mere inches from hers. Her eyes were a lovely forest green, Astrid noted, and her gaze was very intense. She felt the urge to look away (Astrid was not a fan of lengthy eye contact), but something held her focus there... a magnetism of sorts seemed to radiate about Ramona. Astrid thought briefly about how to reply, but luckily she didn't have to. The red-head drew her hand up suddenly, startling Astrid a third time, and she brought her index finger to rest on Astrid's nose. "Boop!" "Wha--?" Astrid's mouth opened, unsure what to say, but again Ramona had her covered. "Enough of that, ya silly goose. Smile! Look around! You’re my new best friend okay? We are going to have an absolute blast! I need you on your A-game to help me prank Jasper…" Astrid was still listening, feeling the tightness in her face fade and a small smile creeping up on her, but Ramona trailed off. She seemed to withdraw suddenly. "Sorry... again." "Oh no, um..." Astrid began, but she was cut off. Ramona practically leapt out of her seat and dashed towards the railing, pointing out at the ocean. "Guys! Land ho!" Astrid looked, and indeed, she could see an island coming into view over the horizon. It was hard to believe that things were already so stressful and they hadn't even arrived yet, but such was life. Before gathering her things up, she knew she had to say something to Ramona. Astrid hesitated a moment, then walked over to the railing, standing behind the girl. "UM!" She tried to merely get the other girl's attention, but it came out way too loud. She covered her mouth. Bail. Bail! But she shook her head, as if to shake the thought off with it. "S-Sorry. Um... but thank you... for trying to cheer me up. D-d'you need any help gathering your stuff?"

code by RI.a

Sure, Astrid may have been physically on the boat, but mentally she was drowning. Utterly horrified by her own ineptitude, all she could do was look downwards, her eyes practically boring holes into her sneakers. She felt so out of her depth, maybe more than ever before. It faintly registered to her that Ramona was saying something, but Astrid barely heard it. Her lower lip quivered and she balled her hands into fists, blinking back a tear. She drew a shaky deep breath and nervously tucked her hair behind her ear, thanking whatever gods might be out there that she managed to compose herself. Yes, this was terrible and overwhelming but bursting into tears would certainly just make things worse. Suddenly, Astrid felt the hair stand up on the back of her neck... it felt like someone was watching her.

"Hey." Ramona said, breaking the silence. It was definitely said at a normal volume, but Astrid was already on edge and jumped in surprise. She shifted her attention, almost startling again when, upon looking up, Ramona's face was mere inches from hers. Her eyes were a lovely forest green, Astrid noted, and her gaze was very intense. She felt the urge to look away (Astrid was not a fan of lengthy eye contact), but something held her focus there... a magnetism of sorts seemed to radiate about Ramona. Astrid thought briefly about how to reply, but luckily she didn't have to. The red-head drew her hand up suddenly, startling Astrid a third time, and she brought her index finger to rest on Astrid's nose. "Boop!" "Wha--?" Astrid's mouth opened, unsure what to say, but again Ramona had her covered. "Enough of that, ya silly goose. Smile! Look around! You’re my new best friend okay? We are going to have an absolute blast! I need you on your A-game to help me prank Jasper…" Astrid was still listening, feeling the tightness in her face fade and a small smile creeping up on her, but Ramona trailed off. She seemed to withdraw suddenly. "Sorry... again." "Oh no, um..." Astrid began, but she was cut off. Ramona practically leapt out of her seat and dashed towards the railing, pointing out at the ocean. "Guys! Land ho!" Astrid looked, and indeed, she could see an island coming into view over the horizon. It was hard to believe that things were already so stressful and they hadn't even arrived yet, but such was life. Before gathering her things up, she knew she had to say something to Ramona. Astrid hesitated a moment, then walked over to the railing, standing behind the girl. "UM!" She tried to merely get the other girl's attention, but it came out way too loud. She covered her mouth. Bail. Bail! But she shook her head, as if to shake the thought off with it. "S-Sorry. Um... but thank you... for trying to cheer me up. D-d'you need any help gathering your stuff?"

[ Jasper and Telly | The dock/pier/whatever it's called | Interactions: Open! ]
A boy and his favorite rabbit-earred robot stood on the pier, not at all eagerly waiting for the boat to round the island. The robot was happily humming a song and bumping into the boy’s shoulder, but he kept being nudged away with said shoulder. There was no trace of the other boy that had been with the blond earlier, and the blond’s black flannel had a tear in the right sleeve, but he did not seem to mind either being alone or the distraught look of his shirt.

Telltale stopped humming and tilted right, then turned to Jasper. “Do you truly believe your plan will work?”

“No,” Jasper answered, shaking his head. “Maybe a few of them will fall for it, but I doubt everyone will be stupid enough to.” He looked back toward the beach. The play area was just out of sight. “As soon as we get over there the illusion will be completely ruined. I can’t hide Trent from them forever.”

“He volunteered to hide in the forest, though,” Telltale said. Jasper recognized the questionable tone in his robotic voice. “If you wanted your plan to work, then why did you tell him he didn’t need to hide? I was willing to assist you with the plan, too. It was a fun idea. Have you decided to approach the experiment with an open-mind?”

“As if.” Jasper rolled his eyes, then turned his gaze to Telltale. “Let’s test your understanding of human emotion, Telly.”

“I don’t want or need to be tested, Jazzy.”

“What would compel me to give up on my plan? That wonderful plan, that I put so much thought and care into. Why’d I just give it up?”

“You didn’t put that much thought into it,” Telltale said, his screen face frowning. “It was a whim and you were so eager to trick them all. You saw a perfect opportunity but then gave up on it. It’s unlike you.”

“Maybe I was threatened.” Jasper shrugged.

“No one threatened you,” Telltale said, bumping into Jasper’s shoulder again, annoyed. “I don’t need to be tested, Jasper. I know that Trent was excited for the experiment, so you decided to be a good friend and put your own grudge aside in order to let him be happy.”

“Bingo,” Jasper mumbled, poking Telltale’s screen. “You can’t let any of the newbies know that I’m such a fucking weakling.”

“It isn’t weak,” Telltale said, but Jasper shook his head. “You care so much for Trent. That’s proof that the experiment worked. You two are friends and have a connection. It’s unfair that you need to do this again.”

“Try telling that to the idiots up in that building,” Jasper said. He looked at Telltale, then heaved a sigh and nudged the box at his feet with his foot. “Anyway, when will the boat get here?”

“Any moment now,” Telltale said.

He knew that Jasper was dismissing the current conversation. His best (human) friend did not like to talk about his situation, and Telltale understood why he did not. It was, indeed, completely unfair. And slightly ridiculous. And annoying. And, dare the robot think it? Stupid! Hehe, he’d be told off if he ever verbalized that, but he wanted to rebel a little bit. He floated to the end of the pier, letting his mind wander to how else he might be able to rebel. Helping Jasper with his plan would definitely be rebellious, wouldn't it be? And fun! Perhaps he would do that. He hovered there, to stand guard over his friend, and Jasper looked down at the open box beneath him.

The play area had been set up for the game. The boys had put their bracelets, which kept track of heartbeats and every conversation, on each other. Telltale was eager to meet all of the new humans face to face. Everything was perfect.

Everything except for the fact that Jasper was not looking forward to this. At all. He seriously was considering high-jacking the boat once it was devoid of all the newbies and sailing back to California. He’d bring Trent and Telly along, and then he’d be able to figure out what was going on with his university. He didn’t even know if he was still a student there, or if he’d been dropped because he left without any warning or letter explaining where he was at. He really fucking hoped he hadn’t been dropped. He didn’t want to be behind all of his classmates, but he knew he absolutely was. It was infuriating being stuck on the island with no way to figure out what was going on back home.

He couldn’t dwell on that, though. He was meant to be a good guide. Stupidly, he had told Trent to stay behind, because he did want to see if he could fool any of the newbies. He’d enjoy seeing their reaction to him being by himself, since all of them knew he was not interested in meeting them. What he would not enjoy was giving everyone their bracelets. He did know that it was hard to put them on without any help, but maybe he could be an even better guide and have them put them on each other. Buddy up already and invade each others personal space.

Honestly, that wasn’t such a bad idea. But it would be too helpful to the TIES idiots, and he refused to help them. He wanted to make their jobs impossible. God, wait. Maybe he shouldn’t even give anyone the bracelets. How fucking dumb would that be. It’d definitely ruin the experiment, quite a bit. He didn’t think Telly’d let him get away with it. The robot was too keen on listening to everything to let something like that slip.

The boat rounded the corner and Telltale beeped three times, then spun in a circle twice as the boat pulled up to the dock. “Hello everyone!” he cheered, flashing a bright smile at the humans on the boat after it had stopped moving. “Welcome to the island! I’m Telltale, your host! It’s such a joy to finally meet all of you!” He was far too chipper, but he was always a cheerful robot. “As you get off the boat, please be aware of your footing. There’s a few loose boards in the dock and I would hate for you all to get hurt so soon.”

Jasper crossed his arms and eyed the robot. Oh my god. He was still doing the plan. If he wasn’t so dead set on keeping his scowl on his face, he might actually laugh. There weren’t any loose boards on the dock - Jasper and Trent had made sure of that several days ago. The little rabbit-eared robot was, Jasper thought smugly, lying. He shouldn’t have taught him how to do that, but he was quite proud that Telly was becoming so human.

“There’s also several traps in the sand, I’m sad to say. We have to make sure nothing dangerous comes up from the ocean. They aren’t deadly to humans, but they could leave you with a rather nasty injury.”

“And we don’t have enough supplies to take care of all of you,” Jasper added, kicking the box with his foot. “I did tell all of you to stay away, but you were all stupid and didn’t listen to me, so.” He shrugged and waved a hand down to the box. “Come get a bracelet and have someone else put it on you. It’ll help you survive this place. If you don’t, then the monsters might come at night and take away those who disobeyed.”

Were robot and boy being a bad host and guide? Yes. Did either of them care? Not necessarily. Terrifying these newbies would be fun, and Telltale knew Jasper was dreading this entire experience. One could say he was trying to cheer up his friend, and though that was a sweet gesture, it was not actually helpful to the experiment or to easing the nerves of the newbies. But it sure was rebellious!

1624467105001.png
28e7a9b65a809afef9d9a7d01c5ab844.png

Location: Island | Interactions: peach moon peach moon , smolfluffball smolfluffball | Mood: Excited~☆ | Outfit: Boho Outfit & Backpack | 95f9b5

“UM!”

Ramona turned around only to find her new friend looking a tad bashful. Her hands covered her mouth in what seemed to be a futile attempt to take back her sudden outburst.

“Hmm?” Ray mused as she arched a quizzical brow.

"S-Sorry. Um... but thank you... for trying to cheer me up.” Astrid shook her head nervously before continuing.
“D-d'you need any help gathering your stuff?"

Ramona smiled at her, the smirk darting across her lips.

“Good.” She thought.
“She’s starting to warm up to me.”

“Nah I got it hun.”
She said before heaving a duffel bag over her shoulder.
“But grab your things! The fun is about to begin.”

The boat finally docked as Astrid gathered her belongings. The crew even took a moment to signal to everyone that it was time to disembark.

“Let’s go. Let’s go. Lessgo!” She squealed grabbing Astrid’s hand.

With a bounce in her step, Ray practically dragged the poor brunette off of the boat and onto the island.

“Hi Telly!” She laughed, foolishly ignoring the robot’s warnings.

She continued to tow her new friend behind her as they ran past Telltale. Their pace slowing down once their feet met with uneven sand.

“Wow…” Ramona breathed.

Pausing, at last, to gaze at the scenery around her, she let go of Astrid’s hand. Unceremoniously, the redhead dropped her bags at her feet, figuring she could just come back and get everything later. The island was thriving. Lush green vegetation met with brilliant blue sky. Birds could be heard chattering in the distance. It took all of her willpower not to go into the forest and explore.
Someone stood along the shoreline. A fashionable blonde with a somewhat sour expression. She could only assume that that person was Jasper. Ray smiled widely, watching him kick a box near his feet.

“Yup. That’s him alright.” She thought with a mischievous smile.

For show, she began to crack her knuckles. Arms outstretched over her head as she prepared her next move.

“The time is now. Let the war begin!” She thought while running.

“Jellybean!” Ray cried excitedly before slamming into him, her arms wrapping his frame in a tight bear hug.
"How are you??"

Last edited:
X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

Nat

X

X

Nat allowed her idle conversation to fall short once the island came into view. Despite being experienced at sea, she couldn't deny the relief the thought of solid ground gave her. Once she was on steady land, her stomach would stop churning so unpleasantly. Once the boat slowed to a halt by the dock, her shoulders sank with relief and a small smile played at her lips.

"I'm a ballet dancer," she explained softly, hardly hearing her own words once her eyes focused on the rabbit-eared robot. "I'll be damned, I thought the robot was a trick." She couldn't hide the awe in her voice. An actual little robot, right there in front of her. Her smile only widened once the boys beside the machine began to speak. She listened with waning interest, still trying to figure out the names of a few of the fellow subjects.

At the idea of suffering some kind of injury, Nat let out a soft chuckle. "Well, isn't he a ray of sunshine? He must be Jasper." In their few interactions in the chat, Nat could already tell she'd like Jasper. Her whole life, she was surrounded by so many fake people with fake intentions. It was worse being surrounded by fake nice people than to be surrounded by outright mean people, in Nat's opinion. She found him rather refreshing. The closest thing to brutal honesty she'd ever had before this was her final screaming match with her ex.

That was different, she reminds herself sternly. Jasper isn't going to aim for low blows for the sake of it, will he? She should stop overthinking things. That was the most annoying part of sobriety: the overthinking. Constantly. Did her brain ever shut up? Absolutely not.

Shaking off the last of her wariness, Nat made for the exit of the boat and fixed that award-winning smile on her face again. The lush greenery beyond the beach surprised her more than anything else; she knew the island had a forest on it, but seeing it in person was breathtaking. She rarely got the chance to appreciate nature like this before. She liked the sounds the most; the lapping ocean waves, the wildlife calling from the jungle. Compared to the hectic life she'd lead before, this was the closest to serenity she'd ever come.

Taking a deep breath, Nat's eyes fluttered closed and her smile became softer, more genuine. The carefully sculpted masked she'd worn moments before was melting in the golden sun, and for a brief moment, Nat forgot about herself.

Until she heard someone yelling "Jellybean!" and the spell was broken, leaving her slightly dazed. She glanced over her shoulder at Boone, arching her eyebrow challengingly.

"Come on, cowboy," she teased. "Solid ground will take the green out of your face!"

mood: Relieved | location: Island outfit: x |tags: Kidzait Kidzait (boone) Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 (ramona, mentioned) smolfluffball smolfluffball (trent/jasper/telly, mentioned) TAGS

Nat allowed her idle conversation to fall short once the island came into view. Despite being experienced at sea, she couldn't deny the relief the thought of solid ground gave her. Once she was on steady land, her stomach would stop churning so unpleasantly. Once the boat slowed to a halt by the dock, her shoulders sank with relief and a small smile played at her lips.

"I'm a ballet dancer," she explained softly, hardly hearing her own words once her eyes focused on the rabbit-eared robot. "I'll be damned, I thought the robot was a trick." She couldn't hide the awe in her voice. An actual little robot, right there in front of her. Her smile only widened once the boys beside the machine began to speak. She listened with waning interest, still trying to figure out the names of a few of the fellow subjects.

At the idea of suffering some kind of injury, Nat let out a soft chuckle. "Well, isn't he a ray of sunshine? He must be Jasper." In their few interactions in the chat, Nat could already tell she'd like Jasper. Her whole life, she was surrounded by so many fake people with fake intentions. It was worse being surrounded by fake nice people than to be surrounded by outright mean people, in Nat's opinion. She found him rather refreshing. The closest thing to brutal honesty she'd ever had before this was her final screaming match with her ex.

That was different, she reminds herself sternly. Jasper isn't going to aim for low blows for the sake of it, will he? She should stop overthinking things. That was the most annoying part of sobriety: the overthinking. Constantly. Did her brain ever shut up? Absolutely not.

Shaking off the last of her wariness, Nat made for the exit of the boat and fixed that award-winning smile on her face again. The lush greenery beyond the beach surprised her more than anything else; she knew the island had a forest on it, but seeing it in person was breathtaking. She rarely got the chance to appreciate nature like this before. She liked the sounds the most; the lapping ocean waves, the wildlife calling from the jungle. Compared to the hectic life she'd lead before, this was the closest to serenity she'd ever come.

Taking a deep breath, Nat's eyes fluttered closed and her smile became softer, more genuine. The carefully sculpted masked she'd worn moments before was melting in the golden sun, and for a brief moment, Nat forgot about herself.

Until she heard someone yelling "Jellybean!" and the spell was broken, leaving her slightly dazed. She glanced over her shoulder at Boone, arching her eyebrow challengingly.

"Come on, cowboy," she teased. "Solid ground will take the green out of your face!"

Hana Imai
#F7DA64

1624838826031.png
Interactions: AreSneksSly AreSneksSly (Tobias) smolfluffball smolfluffball (Telly!)
Mentions: Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 (Ramona)

Hana had just jutted herself out of her own world at Toby's coughing, restraining an unnerved squeal from shock itself. Her gaze shifted back, right as he gave his own warm smile. “I would love that,” he replied. "LAND HO!" The voice of the bubbly fairy that danced around the boat brought everyone's attention to the horizon. Just in time for the boat to slow and the smell of sand to protrude. She breathed a sigh of relief; for herself, having miraculously kept a somewhat fluid conversation with a stranger, and for the end of what could have been a grueling, long boat ride. She withheld her excitement only because Toby already expressed himself, speaking her near-exact thoughts. And, with the boat stopping, came their temporary departure.

With a genuine enthusiasm, she returned his genial grin and his wave goodbye as he mentioned having to check his luggage. As for the second half of his statement, she dug through the small bag she had at her side, retrieving a little sketchbook. Give... dorayaki... to... Toby... she hurriedly wrote the notice on a blank page near the front, then stuffing it back in.

As she zipped the bag up, her head turned itself over to where Tobias left. A spontaneous reflex at the time, but a move that met his eyes once again. Turning back around, Toby shot her one last smile. “I’ll see you on the island, Hana.” She felt her heart beat again, and this time it wasn't because the boat ride was over.

"S-See you..." she muttered, not even loud enough for anyone to have heard, but at least waved back. It just felt weird to have someone other than her two friends say they'll see her again, she reasoned. Hana lightly slapped herself, knocking off whatever stricken look she bore. Now that the boat ride and her relief-fueled glee ended, she realized what that meant: socializing with even more people. People who could have not been as nice as Tobias. And thus, flooding her mind, was the unnerving cloud of fear-spun thoughts. The self doubt, and the anxiousness.

After double-checking what few items she brought, Hana took another breath, hugging the sack against her chest. She reset her countenance, plastering on her usual look of indifference. A mold to plug her anxiousness from showing; from making other people feel uneasy. Because who, on a tropical island, would want their mood shifted and mind preoccupied with worry for her own irrational thoughts? At the very least, that was what Hana felt: the core of her usual self and the general shyness bundled with it. No matter how she felt, she was already at the island; there was no turning back.

Stepping out the boat, the warmth of the sunlight was first to invigorate her as it blanketed her face, taking an edge off her mind and a swarm of thoughts with it. It brought her eyes to the blue skies and the occasional seagull here and there. "Sugoi..." Basking in the climate was the apparent charm of the island, a lush scenery that she thought she'd only see online. Hana made a mental note to come out here later to sketch it.

"Welcome to the island!" A robotic voice drew her focus to the front. A boy of lengthy blonde hair and an already notable abrasiveness—presented in the very first few moments she saw him, from the rattle of the crate as he kicked it and the sharp tongue he openly displayed—and Telly. The former of which didn't take a genius to tell that he wasn't the nicer of the hosts. Speaking of Trent, taking a quick glance around the dock, there was only his absence.

Today now marked the first time she'd been to a tropical island and seen a full-fledged robot with its own sentient persona. She half-expected it to be a mascot of sorts, meant to lure in people like a cartoonish advertiser. Hana would have liked to marvel at the AI and scurry over for a closer look, right until—"As you get off the boat, please be aware of your footing. There’s a few loose boards in the dock and I would hate for you all to get hurt so soon." Hana retracted her step from the wooden dock. Loose boards...? "There’s also several traps in the sand, I’m sad to say. We have to make sure nothing dangerous comes up from the ocean. They aren’t deadly to humans, but they could leave you with a rather nasty injury." Traps?!

Still a step away from the boat and the dock, she sighed. "Budgetary constraints...?" she said to herself. Maybe if I prod at the boards while I walk, I can—

A burst of wind swayed the girl slightly, like a speeding car and the wind it creates. Hana brought a hand to her hair to stop its flying, shutting her eyes as she felt specks of sand shower the air for a few seconds. The next moment she squinted, Hana saw her. Darting across the supposedly shoddy piece of construction was the very same bubbly girl who gave Toby the seasick medicine, dragging one of the other girls along for the ride. She stomped across the boards without a care in the world, speeding through until they reached the island itself. In only a half minute or more, she'd left Hana utterly stunned with awe.

"How does she manage to act like that...?" Hana murmured, walking to the side and hopping onto the dock. She followed the path laid by the rapid-paced girl, seeing as the boards she plowed on held firm. She kept her eyes on the floor ahead, wary of falling off the linear course. It only took the colliding of bodies for Hana to perk up.

And in doing so, the bubbly girl only left the onlooker Hana completely gobsmacked. Skipping over the box of bracelets, she embraced the Jasper in an unyielding bear hug, already calling him by a cute nickname. With not another word or thought to express, Hana scurried across the sand and knelt to the crate, retrieving a bracelet while they were caught up. An action she instinctively took, seeing as the (human) host wasn't in any state to acknowledge her. A perfect avoidance of social interaction! After backing up a few steps, she clenched her eyes shut. Why am I like this...

Turning her back from the boat and any of the others—partly ignoring them to tunnel her vision on the bracelet—Hana looked at her left wrist, holding the bracelet in the other. What did he say about this... 'Have someone else put it on for you'? She shook her head, escaping the reality that, perhaps, someone else's help would be more effective. Despite the fact it was that cursed clasp-type seal holding it together. It's just a bracelet, I can just do... this...? The bracelet snapped back into position, skirting past her wrist. She bit her lips for a few more miserable attempts. She'd turned her back to the people beside her, holding the thin ornament against her chest. After the fifth attempt, she caved in with a sigh. Then...? Hana glanced around for a moment, then shook her head. I shouldn't bother him again.

But before Hana deflated, a bright idea brought her chest out and chin up. There was still one option that wouldn't annoy anyone else. The "solution" brought a—perhaps literally—blinding sense of elation to her. One that blanked her mind for the time. With an eased smile, sidling away from the fiasco that was Jasper and Ramona, she approached the floating drone that was Telltale. She held the black bracelet out to the bot. "Can you?"

[ Jasper and Telly | The pier | Mentions: Boone and Seba ]
[ Jasper's Interactions: Ramona Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 Astrid peach moon peach moon Hana (vaguely) || Telly's Interactions: Hana StaidFoal StaidFoal and Nat queenbean queenbean ]

Jasper stared, wide-eyed, as a wild redhead bolted off the boat. She was dragging some poor ginger girl behind her, and she didn’t even wait to hear Telly say hello back to her. He did hear the name the robot said and took a step back once she was on the sand. No fucking way. Not this girl. And, god, the other one must be her partner in crime. He looked right to left for an escape and did not see the crazy girl coming at him. He almost fell over from the force of the hug but managed to keep his feet underneath him, thankfully. He’d have to find something sharp and dangerous if Ramona caused him to look completely fucking stupid in front of all the newbies.

He tried to shrug her off and she finally got the message after his third attempt. He took a step back and looked her over warily. He glanced back at the ginger girl, who he assumed was Astrid, the other girl who wanted to prank him, or whatever. He hated them. He did. Sincerely. He hated that they were already buddy buddy and they literally hadn’t even been with each other for an hour. It was so stupid.

Ignoring Ramona’s dumb nickname and cheeriness, he bent down and grabbed two bracelets from his box. He tossed one at Astrid then lifted Ramona’s hand and set the other one in her open palm. “Put this on someone, wild child,” he said, shaking his head. “And not on your newest friend. Go find someone else to be friendly to.” He moved around Ramona, giving her a wide berth, and pulled the box after him with his foot. “Same goes for you,” he said to Astrid, giving her a cursory glance. He scooted the box closer to the pier, then froze when he saw some black-haired girl speaking with Telly.

What the fuck? This girl was talking to a robot so casually, and Telly was, of course, listening to her request with full attention. How did Jasper not see her? She must have snuck by him. Annoying. He'd need to keep that in mind. Who was this girl anyway?

“I can’t help you, Hana!”

That was her? Okay.

Telltale rotated left and right, as if shaking his head. “I am, sadly, lacking arms.” He bounced up and down, beeping once. “I’m sure someone else would love to help you, though!” He turned to Jasper, who scowled in response to the silent plea.

“Shy girl needs to sort out her own situation,” Jasper mumbled, then he noticed more people getting off the boat.

No. He wasn’t doing it. Who was that girl and that guy? He couldn’t hear them very well. What other girl could it be? Nat or Seba? He didn’t think the girl talking with the guy was Seba, based on the conversations he had had with her. It had to be Nat then. The Russian girl that was possibly going through withdrawal, if he was remembering correctly. Or maybe it was Seba and he was completely wrong with his guesses.

It didn’t matter. He picked the box up and dropped it on the deck in front of him, ignoring the clattering racket the bracelets made. “Hurry up and come get these so this hellish experience can be over faster.”

Telltale ignored his friend's sour mood and turned his attention back to Hana. He would help her, if only he had hands! Why had he been designed without any way to grab onto anything? What an utter shame it was. He studied who was already off the boat and saw Nat looked very excited. Oh, that was just perfect!

Quickly, he went over to Jasper and bumped into the box. Jasper picked up a bracelet and placed it over the robots rabbit-ear antenna, then pulled his hand back and stuffed it into the pocket of his shorts, keeping his eyes away from the newbies. Telltale beeped cheerfully, thanking him, then floated over to Nat. He stopped when he came to be in front of her. “Hello! I would like to ask a favor of you, Nat.” He turned back to Hana. “Can you take this bracelet and go put it on Hana over there? She asked me for help but I am incapable of helping her, and I thought you might be willing to assist me with this!”

Last edited:
Seba Lynn Wan
Location: On the boat/Island Dock | Interaction(s): Tommy AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 , Charles ClownPope ClownPope , Toby AreSneksSly AreSneksSly | Mention(s): Ramona Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 , Astrid peach moon peach moon , Jasper/Telly smolfluffball smolfluffball
229486_VJb7iqLB.png
After easing herself from the craziness in which her interactions were moving, Seba learned that the name of the violin player is Tommy, who has been playing the instrument for years now, and the other man on the bench as Charles. She gave a slight bow with her head acknowledging their names and presence. Tommy tucked away his violin as he mentioned not wanting to continue distracting the other passengers from their conversations, but from the quick glance Seba did around the boat, it seemed that most interactions were dying down to a calm lull. That was until the blazing, red-head gal that had skirted around the boat shouted out sights of the island. This brought a new wave of energy into Seba's body as she looked down at her belongings to make sure everything was with her. Despite the earlier apprehension Seba felt existed in the atmosphere around most participants, it seemed now that excitement was mixed with the nervousness. How could they not be? As they approached closer to the island, Seba couldn't help but watch as details of the nature thriving on the landscape became more apparent. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Tommy and Charles. I guess I'll be seeing you guys around." While she could've walked in stride with the two guys, Seba was took excited to feel the sand on her feet and the sun burning her skin.

The eagerness to reach steady land must've been a mutual feeling among all of them since Seba had to dodge a person here and there to ensure she didn't get bumped or trip anyone on their way. She noticed the red-head dragging along a petite brunette. Seba took note that she will have to keep an eye on the red-head gal. The young woman wondered if perhaps she was the one of the only people she had communicated with on the text chat, that and she's probably the life of the party. Finally, after following the rest of the crowd down to the dock, Seba's eyes began to wander around to the scenery in front of them. Her eyes did catch a glimpse of a young man standing close to the dock, more than likely to greet them and a floating robot nearby, but Seba was too captivated by the shores to pay much attention to either of them.

It wasn't until she heard another bout of hollering from the same loud, ginger girl that she turned her eyes over to the interactions around her. A smirk lifted the edge of her lips as she saw the fiery, red-head slam herself into the blonde boy who held the expressions of a grumpy, old man. Since he was not on board the ship and had been here already at the island, Seba assumed that the blonde-haired male was the notorious Jassper. He already appeared occupied with the ginger who assaulted hugged him, so Seba swiftly walked up to the box that others had walked up to and saw bracelets lying in it. Seba had been too enamored by the landscape that she missed out on what possibly could have been some instructions given by the robot or the boy. But she followed others and grabbed a bracelet. Once she had the small accessory in her hand, she looked around and saw that others were helping each other with putting it on. As much as Seba wanted to not bother anyone else with helping her with a simple task, the little band was proving a little difficult to put on by herself.

She glanced around to see if Tommy or Charles were nearby, but they were facing others which left Seba to turn and see who was available close by. That's when she saw a short, dark-skinned boy with a loud Hawaiian shirt close by. He seemed ready for the beach as much as she was. With a soft, welcoming smile, Seba approached him then, "Hi, I was hoping perhaps you could help me put this bracelet on? It's proving to be more challenging than I expected."

Last edited:
Interactions: Telly, Jasper ( smolfluffball smolfluffball ), Tommy ( AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 ), Charles ( ClownPope ClownPope ),
Mentions:

"LAND HO!”

Boone turned just in time to see the gorgeous curly haired woman excitedly exclaim that there was, in fact, land ho. He made a mental note that she was the one who so graciously supplied with some relief for his seasickness. He would have to catch up and thank her later. Boone glanced at the other guests around him, trying to get a read on their reactions. The man in the hawiian shirt shared Boone’s sense of relief at the sight of their destination. The rest seemed to be mixes of nerves and bubbly energy that only amplified as the boat came into port.

"Come on, cowboy," Nat said over her shoulder as she walked ahead, Solid ground will take the green out of your face!"

Boone shouldered his framepack and clipped the chest strap. He hadn’t packed much for his stay and just hoped that there was laundry access on the island. Boone filed to the front of the ferry with the others, losing Nat in the process.

As he approached the gang plank, the chipper and electronic voice of Telltale piped over the chatter of the group. They explained something about loose boards on the pier and traps in the sand. Boone instinctively looked over the edge of the boat at the dock below. Sure, it was a few years old and had probably seen a few good storms but it looked like it was in good condition. His appraisal was backed up when the “land ho” woman bounded up to the scowling man next to Telly and wrapped her arms around his neck.

”Did that dude say something about bracelets that repel monsters?” Boone asked the closest few people. The man with the cool shirt and the violin guy was part of that group. He neglected to mention that he also heard that there wasn’t enough supplies to take care of them all. If that was true, he didn’t want the competition to get a leg up.

Boone towards the grumpy looking man and the robot at the end of the dock. His inner handyman caused him to inspect the boards he tread on. As far as he could tell, the dock was in good shape. Guess robots don’t make good carpenters?

As he got closer to the beach, he could get a better look at two thirds of their group of hosts. Telly was a familiar….face? Screen? This was going to take a while to get used to. The little hovering robot’s eyes darted from contestant to contestant as it bobbed playfully in the air. It seemed to be wearing one of the monster-repelling-but-most-likely-just- fancy-fitbits on one of it’s rabbit ears.

” Good morning, Telltale” he called to the robot.

Boone’s slow approach allowed the two women to move away from the grumpy looking young man with a box of bracelets at his feet. His blonde hair waved in the slight ocean breeze and what Boone thought was a tan turned out to be thousands of freckles smattering every square inch of skin. Boone didn’t need the display from earlier to know that this was Jasper. His demeanor over the public chat was all he needed to pinpoint him. Boone knew he would be the only one that looked like he wished his eyes shot lasers. Boone bent down and grabbed one of the bracelets from the box. He rolled it over in his hand to inspect the sleek design. He glanced up at Jasper, “so what does it really do?” he asked with a smile, Gotta give it to the TIES guys, it’s pretty clever to design them with a mechanic to force personal contact”

Not wanting to bug Jasper further but deciding to do it anyway. Boone held the band out to him, ” Mind giving me a hand?” he asked, motioning to the rest of the group with a nod of his head, ”Seems everyone else found a buddy already” Seems his lollygagging admiring the construction of the pier had given everyone else time to pair off to get their bracelets installed.

Tobias Winfrey
[#48c758]

Location: Boat > Island Dock | Interactions: Seba ( Life. Life. ) | Mood: Just strugglin tbh | Outfit: Summer Boi

Stepping off the boat, the island hardly seemed like it was real. A gorgeous sandy beach dusted the ground beneath the pier as the heat baked Toby in his shirt. Which he was honestly starting to regret wearing seeing as most of the others seemed perfectly content in their everyday clothes. At least, he assumed those were their everyday clothes.

As the sun shimmered in the sky and birds passed overhead, Toby’s attention was drawn to the lighthearted chirp of one Telltale. Or, as Toby would say, marshmallow. Indeed, the little robot was a miracle to the man’s eyes, hovering in the air and chattering away about something or other. Were Tobias to hear what Telly was saying he would’ve definitely been a lot more cautious when walking on the dock, but sounds seemed to numb as he was left in raw, uncensored and complete awe at the miracle of engineering before him. Immediately his head began churning out questions, things like ‘How is it floating like that,’ and ‘What does it run on?’ Questions, it seems, he would have to save for later.

Tuning back into reality for a moment, Toby was torn away from his constant stream of internal questions to glance at the man beside Telltale. The male was a blonde, with blue eyes that screamed boredom and apathy at the boat’s arrival. Toby’s mouth twitched into a frown for a moment as the taller man nonchalantly waved down at the box of probably very important supplies. With a calm exhale Toby simply tried to ease over the mild annoyance he felt in the pit of his stomach, choosing to grab one of the bracelets and not so subtly avoid eye-contact with the man. ‘What a warm welcome,’ he wanted to say, but stayed silent in favour of politeness. He didn’t even know who the guy was, so he was probably being a little unfair and kind of a dick.

Backing away, bracelet in hand, Toby only had a moment to examine the clasp before a red-head- sorry, Ramona- rushed by, sweeping the grump into a hug.Toby couldn’t help the little chortle that escaped his throat, as the man attempted to peel Ramona off of him. ‘That must be Jasper,’ Toby’s head supplied, seeing as Trent was apparently dead. Another chuckle bubbled in Toby’s chest as he recalled the guide’s attempts to spook the rest of the chat. Which, in fairness, had kind of worked on him. That was, until the man tried to convince them all he was a ghost. It was just a silly little thing pretty much all of them had went along with. Looking around the dock Toby wondered where the other guide was. A small part of him considered that, for just a moment, that Trent was actually dead, but the rest of Toby’s conscious mind smacked that idea down.

As more people filed out of the boat, Toby took the chance to actually look at the bracelets Jasper had so kindly given them. The accessory consisted of a black band, meeting together with a dark clasp. Had Tobias been equipped with the necessary tools he would’ve happily taken the little device apart to see how it worked (and maybe remove anything that tracked them), but his thoughts were interrupted by a woman approaching him. She was a few inches taller than him, something Tobias realised was true for most of the people here, and had long dark locks. ‘Pretty,’ was what his brilliant mind came up with.

"Hi, I was hoping perhaps you could help me put this bracelet on? It's proving to be more challenging than I expected,” she told him with a gentle smile, holding out the band. A moment passed in awkward silence as Toby’s brain attempted to process her request, before a quiet “Ah, sure!” spurred him into action. A flush covered his cheeks in embarrassment. Tucking his own bracelet away, Toby sheepishly grabbed the bracelet and attempted, to the best of his abilities, to put it around the woman’s wrist while minimizing contact. It wasn’t the easiest of tasks, certainly, but with a small triumphant smile Toby pulled his hands away to reveal that he’d managed to accomplish it.

“There we go,” he let slip from under his breath. Staring at his work, a lightbulb lit above his head, his body already pulling out the bracelet he’d tucked away to focus on his task. Holding out his own hand and the bracelet, Toby returned the brunette’s smile with one of his own, though his was significantly shyer. It pained him a little that he had to look up to keep eye-contact. “Would you, uh, mind doing the same for me?” he managed to squeeze out, his thoughts already collapsing into chaos. He must’ve looked like a damn fool, but it was too late now. Offering a painful smile to the woman he assisted, he prayed she wouldn’t run off on him; trying to put that bracelet on her was surprisingly difficult, and he did not want to deal with looking for someone else to bother.

Last edited:
X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

Nat

X

X

Nat can maybe count on one hand how often she and her family went to the beach before the fire. 'We're Russians, malyshka, the beach is not good for us.' It was probably a better excuse than 'every family vacation dissolves into arguments'. Nancy hadn't minded the beach, but her idea of a 'perfect' beach involved Florida, which Nat's definition of a 'perfect' anything did not involve whatsoever. Still, though, Nat has always enjoyed the beach. Moving to the West Coast was good for that, at least. She never has to face down an Atlantic City tourist again! (Hopefully.)

Nat had been so tuned out of herself that she'd almost forgotten about one of her favorite things about the island: the apparently sentient robot. She jumped a little when she noticed the rabbit-eared robot, but her smile immediately widened once she realized who it was.

“Hello! I would like to ask a favor of you, Nat.” Telltale greeted, turning to a girl visibly struggling to put her bracelet on herself. “Can you take this bracelet and go put it on Hana over there? She asked me for help but I am incapable of helping her, and I thought you might be willing to assist me with this!”

Nat bit her lip thoughtfully before carefully taking the bracelet dangling from Telltale's 'ear'. "You must be Telltale! You're even cuter than I thought you'd be!" She gushed, unable to help herself. "Just goes to show, cute things are always smart." She looked to Hana again. "Of course I can help, it's not a problem."

The brunette's boots sank into the sand as she closed the short distance between her and the unfamiliar woman. She'd noticed her on the boat, but the girl seemed a little shy and Nat hadn't wanted to make her more anxious than she probably already was. So, after only a moment of pondering, Nat began to struggle with her bracelet herself. She fumbled once or twice before sighing delicately and eyeing Hana.

"Guess he wasn't kidding about this being impossible to do on your own," she joked lightly, hoping she appeared friendly. "I'll help you with yours if you help me with mine? I'm Nat, by the way."

mood: howdoitalktopeople | location: Island outfit: x |tags: smolfluffball smolfluffball (telly) StaidFoal StaidFoal (hana)

Nat can maybe count on one hand how often she and her family went to the beach before the fire. 'We're Russians, malyshka, the beach is not good for us.' It was probably a better excuse than 'every family vacation dissolves into arguments'. Nancy hadn't minded the beach, but her idea of a 'perfect' beach involved Florida, which Nat's definition of a 'perfect' anything did not involve whatsoever. Still, though, Nat has always enjoyed the beach. Moving to the West Coast was good for that, at least. She never has to face down an Atlantic City tourist again! (Hopefully.)

Nat had been so tuned out of herself that she'd almost forgotten about one of her favorite things about the island: the apparently sentient robot. She jumped a little when she noticed the rabbit-eared robot, but her smile immediately widened once she realized who it was.

“Hello! I would like to ask a favor of you, Nat.” Telltale greeted, turning to a girl visibly struggling to put her bracelet on herself. “Can you take this bracelet and go put it on Hana over there? She asked me for help but I am incapable of helping her, and I thought you might be willing to assist me with this!”

Nat bit her lip thoughtfully before carefully taking the bracelet dangling from Telltale's 'ear'. "You must be Telltale! You're even cuter than I thought you'd be!" She gushed, unable to help herself. "Just goes to show, cute things are always smart." She looked to Hana again. "Of course I can help, it's not a problem."

The brunette's boots sank into the sand as she closed the short distance between her and the unfamiliar woman. She'd noticed her on the boat, but the girl seemed a little shy and Nat hadn't wanted to make her more anxious than she probably already was. So, after only a moment of pondering, Nat began to struggle with her bracelet herself. She fumbled once or twice before sighing delicately and eyeing Hana.

"Guess he wasn't kidding about this being impossible to do on your own," she joked lightly, hoping she appeared friendly. "I'll help you with yours if you help me with mine? I'm Nat, by the way."

Last edited:
Hana Imai
#F7DA64

1625214915659.png
Interactions: queenbean queenbean (Nat)
Mentions: smolfluffball smolfluffball (Telly)

"I am, sadly, lacking arms."

Oh.

With how hot her face went, Hana was certain that steam rose in clouds above her head. Her entire being froze up, slightly teetering around like a bobblehead. "Th-That's right... A-Anyone would have realized that... I-I was just..." As her mind lit on fire, her senses went along with the smoke. Cross-eyed, she only saw the blurred figure of Telly drifting away. Shimatta, shimatta, shimatta, shimatta... If it weren't for the many eyes around, Hana would have loved nothing more than to curl up and yell. Instead, she shut her eyes in disbelief. She internally groaned, only hearing the waves of the ocean and the warm winds brush past her. A small comfort, for things like this never got easier to deal with.

When she opened her eyes again, the blinding sun was first to welcome her back to the real world. But after a brief squint, the sunlight unveiled one woman who'd come with, having just stepped foot on land. She stood a few inches taller than Hana, armed with a gorgeous tan and... It was something she noted at the back of her mind, behind all the panicking and the glossing around, but... Why is everyone so nice-looking...? Her gaze drifted a short few centimeters to the side, afraid she'd been staring for too long. They're all leagues above me. They wouldn't ask a robot with no arms to help... Maybe I made a mistake in coming...

Before the frown fully curved, she noticed the floating robot drift over to the "model." Is Telly greeting her, too? "Hello! I would like to ask a favor of you, Nat." Wait... NO DON'T—! "She asked me for help but I am incapable of helping her," tell her I asked you... And now she'd noticed Hana's struggles. A fantastic start.

As Nat stepped closer, Hana steadily turned herself to her like a rickety animatronic, hovering her sights ever-so closer to Nat's face, yet cowering away; and repeat. Her eyes remained wide open as if she'd been watching a horror movie, frozen still. Elbows against her chest, Hana's arms were out with the difficult bracelet in tow. For Hana, it felt like the temperature spiked a few hundred degrees. Like a peasant beheld in the grace of royalty, her eyes gradually and finally made their way to Nat's. 'Hi,' she mouthed. Then, in seconds—exponentially faster than her recent movements—her arms fell straight against her body, which crooked forward at a perfect 45 degrees in a bow. "I'm Hana..."

Nat said something earlier; Hana only heard a garbled mumble, having focused on the more-important self-preservation. Nat? She caught the name. That was the most important part. What even was the purpose of her coming over? Oh. Hana cursed herself mentally; so much drama for something so stupidly simple. The bracelet. She bent her body back straight, reverting to her original pose with her elbows at her chest and arms out. She maintained eye contact for a few seconds before her pupils drifted to Nat's forehead. "I-I thought the robot—Telly, that he-his arms. Eto... he doesn't have..." The temperature rose another 10 degrees. It was stupidly sweltering in her clothes. "Y-Yes, I-I'd be glad to help you, too, Nat-sama..." The honorific slipped out without a second thought. But it was fine, she reasoned. Someone in a whole tier above her only deserved the respectful honorific.

Hana extended her arms and the bracelet to Nat by a whole four inches.

[ Jasper | The beach, right by the pier | Interactions: Boone Kidzait Kidzait | Mentions: Telly ]
Jasper heard it instantly when Boone said hello to Telly. The little robot said hello back happily, but Jasper couldn’t get over it. The drawl. That Montana drawl. He was really here, on the island. A cowboy on a tropical island. What a wild thought that was. How out of place the cowboy must have felt, with the tropical breeze and lack of horses all over the place. He kept his stupid smile at the notion of a cowboy actually being on the island off his face. Boone started coming toward him and Jasper realized, tragically, that he was not wearing a cowboy hat. Or a flannel. He just looked like a regular guy. The voice was definitely giving away his occupation as a horse wrangler, though.

It almost made his mood worst. Him not wearing a cowboy hat. Almost. But then he remembered that Boone had made an agreement with him and he needed to make sure he still remembered that. He would need to do it later. The cowboy drawl was only a little distracting, and Jasper eyed the bracelet in Boone’s hand before shrugging a shoulder. “It keeps track of everyone, I guess. Helps the monsters find out where we are and whatever we’re talking about.” And a few other things, but Jasper was not going to tell that to anyone. “It’s not clever of them, though. It’s stupid.” He rolled his eyes. “It doesn’t even force personal contact. It just keeps track of stuff.”

He realized what Boone was talking about too late, when he held the band out to him. No. This was what he meant by that. He felt so fucking stupid. And, double no, to Boone’s ask for help. Jasper did not want to participate. “I could help you, but you can’t help me.” He showed off his wrist to Boone, tapping the bracelet already on it. “Already been caught, ya see?” He dropped his hand then took the bracelet from Boone, despite his earlier silent objections. “But I guess I can help you with this one thing, Cowboy, since you agreed to be my bodyguard.” He wrapped the bracelet around Boone’s wrist and closed the clasp with ease, then released it with a flourish of his hands. The bracelet constricted around Boone’s wrist, but Jasper ignored it and instead eyed his face. “If you fail at you’re bodyguard duties, I will be summoning monsters so that they can get you and whisk you away. You have about three chances to get it right.”

He considered Boone for a moment longer, then took a step back from him. Being too close or too friendly with anyone would result in serious problems for him, and he refused to let anyone get to know him. Not some dumb cowboy, or some curly red-headed wild child, or some annoying engineering student. Or literally anyone else who had come in the boat. He knew the bodyguard thing was stupid and ruining his plans, but he really would prefer interacting with just one person, compared to everyone else. It would most likely be easier. But he also knew that he was doing something completely stupid. Maybe Telly wouldn't notice.

[ Telly | The pier, then beach. | Interactions: Nat queenbean queenbean | Mentions: Everyone ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 StaidFoal StaidFoal AreSneksSly AreSneksSly AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 Life. Life. ClownPope ClownPope peach moon peach moon queenbean queenbean Kidzait Kidzait ) ]
Telltale’s screen flashed a dazzling grin when Nat complimented him and he beeped happily. “Thank you so much for the compliment, Nat! You’re even prettier than I thought you would be too! What lovely eyes you have.” He flashed a heart at her, then turned and looked back at Jasper to see if he was still upset. Upon seeing what was happening by the beach, between the cowboy and robot friend, he giggled to himself and went back over to the sand, which was something that he never got to feel underneath him. What a strange thought that was, he noted. He pushed it aside for observation later. He studied all of the participants carefully, then sent a silent message to the TIES Committee. After, he made a loud beeping noise.

“Once all of you have your bracelets on, please drop your luggage either on the beach or leave it on the pier! There will be people coming by later to retrieve it. They will be delivering your stuff to your rooms in the house!” He moved down the beach, eager, trying to get the participants to follow after him. “If you’ll all follow me, then I will guide you to the play area. You all get to play a game as your first activity together! How exciting!”

interactions: peach moon peach moon ClownPope ClownPope
mentions: Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 smolfluffball smolfluffball

Tommy

Tommy sat on his suitcase for a bit, paying no mind to what was going on around him For a brief moment. He zoned out for a minute when he had this strange feeling someone was looking at him. He subtly looked around and made eye contact with Astrid. He wasn’t quite sure who he was looking at. But hey, he didnt really feel guilty about it, she was looking at him first. He thought she was pretty, but thats about all he could get from it as she quickly looked away. Must have been embarrassed or something.

After a tiny bit of time passed he stood up, thinking of introducing himself when he heard someone shout ”LAND HO”. Which distracted him enough to forget why he stood up. when the boat made it to land, he took his belongings to the dock and saw all sorts of commotion and social behavior. Something he would likley join if he was in the mood. He saw people putting on bracelets and interacting with each other while doing so. They must require that someone else puts them on.

he walks over to Jasper, who we could already tell who he was due to the sour mood and grabs a bracelet from the box, then looks around to see that almost everyone already has a bracelet Buddy. He looks around to see if anyone doesn’t have a bracelet and spots Charles. He decides to grab a second bracelet and walk over to him, “hey, do you still need one of these?”

Astrid Hale
interacting with: Ramona ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 ), Jasper + Telly ( smolfluffball smolfluffball )
mood: curious!

Astrid nodded at Ramona's suggestion and began gathering up her things as the boat slowed to a stop next to a small wooden dock. She gingerly took a few steps towards the boat's exit point but stopped then, resolving to wait and let others off first. Ramona, though, had other plans. Squealing excitedly, she grasped Astrid's hand. Astrid blushed a little -- she wasn't so used to this casual contact, but it wasn't so bad. Oh, her hand is warm! That's nice. Wait, is my hand sweaty? It definitely is. I should wipe it-- But before she could complete the thought, the fiery girl practically pulled Astrid off of her feet. She luckily found her balance but was off the boat before she could even figure out what was happening. She noticed, albeit briefly, the bunny-eared robot on the dock. This must be the lovely Telltale! He was quite cute in person, but his words were concerning. Loose boards? Traps?? There was a brief pause at the edge of the dock where Astrid thought Ramona would heed the little robot's instructions. "Okay, let's just use caution-- EEP!" She squeaked as the warning was ignored after all. She was tugged haphazardly across the boardwalk and into the sand -- she couldn't help but notice that no loose boards or traps appeared after all. Astrid had trouble telling when people were lying or using sarcasm, so she did consider it a possibility that the joke just went way over her head. It's a bit suspicious, though... already trying to trick us like that. Her face twisted into a small scowl, trying to process what was happening as she set her luggage down on the ground. They're trying to trick us and... and there's sand in my sock. Don't like it one bit. As Astrid considered her circumstances, Ramona let go of her hand -- a bit of a disappointment to the girl, to be honest, as she was rather enjoying her new acquaintance -- and bounded excitedly over to the only other human currently standing on the beach. He was good-looking -- on the taller side, with medium-length blonde hair and lovely stormy grey eyes. However, he was radiating a harsh aura of "don't talk to me!" and his expression seemed rather unpleasant. It had to be Jasper. All this was no deterrent for Ramona, however, who gleefully wrapped him in a bear hug. Astrid's jaw nearly dropped, awed by Ramona's outgoing behavior, even towards someone who claimed to dislike just about everybody.

To Jasper's credit, he did not completely rage out like Astrid thought he might. Maybe that wasn't his style... rather, he coolly pushed Ramona away until she (at least temporarily) got the message. He then knelt down in silence, reaching into the box full of bracelets at his feet. He tossed one to Astrid rather suddenly and she reached to catch it too slowly. It fell to the ground and she frantically scooped it up, examining it to make sure no sand had trickled into the machinery. As she shook the bracelet off, Jasper spoke up while handing another bracelet to Ramona. "Put this on someone, wild child. And not on your newest friend. Go find someone else to be friendly to. Same goes for you," he said, glancing at Astrid. She frowned, displeased with his demeanor. She didn't have much confidence, so she wasn't going to say anything. Instead, she waited until he turned his back and made a face at him, sticking out her tongue. This was silly, immature, and did nothing practical, but it made her feel a little better. While she was not a fan of the way Jasper addressed her, he did have a point in that she should probably try to speak to some of the other experimentees. However, as she looked around, folks were pairing up quickly and before she knew it, only a few people were left. "Um," she said, looking over to Ramona, "It looks like we have to help each other after all... let's just do it while Jasper's not looking." Her thoughts swirled with insecurity and before she knew it, she was apologizing. "Sorry, I don't mean to follow you or take up all your time... it's just a coincidence, I swear." Astrid said, rushing to get Ramona's bracelet on her so that she could be free to chat with others. Suddenly, the cute robot chirped up yet again -- the play area! That sounded fun... or maybe nerve wracking, Astrid wasn't sure which. As Telltale floated down the beach, she followed with the rest of the group, curious to find out what they were bound for next.

code by RI.a

Astrid nodded at Ramona's suggestion and began gathering up her things as the boat slowed to a stop next to a small wooden dock. She gingerly took a few steps towards the boat's exit point but stopped then, resolving to wait and let others off first. Ramona, though, had other plans. Squealing excitedly, she grasped Astrid's hand. Astrid blushed a little -- she wasn't so used to this casual contact, but it wasn't so bad. Oh, her hand is warm! That's nice. Wait, is my hand sweaty? It definitely is. I should wipe it-- But before she could complete the thought, the fiery girl practically pulled Astrid off of her feet. She luckily found her balance but was off the boat before she could even figure out what was happening. She noticed, albeit briefly, the bunny-eared robot on the dock. This must be the lovely Telltale! He was quite cute in person, but his words were concerning. Loose boards? Traps?? There was a brief pause at the edge of the dock where Astrid thought Ramona would heed the little robot's instructions. "Okay, let's just use caution-- EEP!" She squeaked as the warning was ignored after all. She was tugged haphazardly across the boardwalk and into the sand -- she couldn't help but notice that no loose boards or traps appeared after all. Astrid had trouble telling when people were lying or using sarcasm, so she did consider it a possibility that the joke just went way over her head. It's a bit suspicious, though... already trying to trick us like that. Her face twisted into a small scowl, trying to process what was happening as she set her luggage down on the ground. They're trying to trick us and... and there's sand in my sock. Don't like it one bit. As Astrid considered her circumstances, Ramona let go of her hand -- a bit of a disappointment to the girl, to be honest, as she was rather enjoying her new acquaintance -- and bounded excitedly over to the only other human currently standing on the beach. He was good-looking -- on the taller side, with medium-length blonde hair and lovely stormy grey eyes. However, he was radiating a harsh aura of "don't talk to me!" and his expression seemed rather unpleasant. It had to be Jasper. All this was no deterrent for Ramona, however, who gleefully wrapped him in a bear hug. Astrid's jaw nearly dropped, awed by Ramona's outgoing behavior, even towards someone who claimed to dislike just about everybody.

To Jasper's credit, he did not completely rage out like Astrid thought he might. Maybe that wasn't his style... rather, he coolly pushed Ramona away until she (at least temporarily) got the message. He then knelt down in silence, reaching into the box full of bracelets at his feet. He tossed one to Astrid rather suddenly and she reached to catch it too slowly. It fell to the ground and she frantically scooped it up, examining it to make sure no sand had trickled into the machinery. As she shook the bracelet off, Jasper spoke up while handing another bracelet to Ramona. "Put this on someone, wild child. And not on your newest friend. Go find someone else to be friendly to. Same goes for you," he said, glancing at Astrid. She frowned, displeased with his demeanor. She didn't have much confidence, so she wasn't going to say anything. Instead, she waited until he turned his back and made a face at him, sticking out her tongue. This was silly, immature, and did nothing practical, but it made her feel a little better. While she was not a fan of the way Jasper addressed her, he did have a point in that she should probably try to speak to some of the other experimentees. However, as she looked around, folks were pairing up quickly and before she knew it, only a few people were left. "Um," she said, looking over to Ramona, "It looks like we have to help each other after all... let's just do it while Jasper's not looking." Her thoughts swirled with insecurity and before she knew it, she was apologizing. "Sorry, I don't mean to follow you or take up all your time... it's just a coincidence, I swear." Astrid said, rushing to get Ramona's bracelet on her so that she could be free to chat with others. Suddenly, the cute robot chirped up yet again -- the play area! That sounded fun... or maybe nerve wracking, Astrid wasn't sure which. As Telltale floated down the beach, she followed with the rest of the group, curious to find out what they were bound for next.

mood
doubtful, impressed, excited.

outfit
here

tags
Tommy AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 (mentions ramona & telly)
Charles Andersen
As the boat rolled up and docked Charles had wandered back off towards his stuff. He slung the bag back over his wide shoulders letting everyone else pass by him onto the dock. His forehead scrunched at the mention of traps and loose boards. He wasn't believing it, there had been so many nonsense stories and attempts to get them all to not come that he was gonna be skeptical of a lot. Especially as Ramona tore down the pier onto the beach. No traps, no loose boards. Charles scoffed as he stepped onto the dock, heavy slapping steps from his sandles sounding out until he reached the edge.

There was a long pause where Charles wasn't entirely listening to anything being spoken, his eyes taking in the scenery in long sliding glances. He tried to conjure up some of the long-winded paragraphs of island scenery that stuck in his mind from reading 'Lord of the flies' back in school but couldn't quite grasp it. So instead he settled on a much shorter, "Neat." which he mumbled quietly to himself. But this place seemed a bit more like a resort than some stranded prison of jungle and vines.

"Hey, do you still need one of these?" Charles's body jolted a little as Tommy spoke to him. "Hm?" A low grumble rose from his chest as his eyes darted quickly over him and the bracelets he was holding as he tried to gauge what he was asking, he hadn't been paying attention again. A bit of embarrassment washed over him and then his brow rose as he finally got it. "Oh, yeah. No, I don't have one yet." He dropped his bag onto the end of the dock with a soft 'Thunk' before taking one of the bracelets. Gingerly wrapping it around Tommy's wrist, his large hands fumbling slightly with the latch before snapping it on. "Ey, there we go." Then holding his wrist out for Tommy to return the favor. Half listening as telly spoke, more intrigued by the robot itself. He wasn't very very mechanically smart so he summed up his opinion on the bunny bot in one word. Odd. Shooting a look back at Tommy he grinned. "Getting us in the first game already, you ready for it man? Make sure to watch for traps on the way over." he let out a small chuckle, waiting to follow the rest of the group. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little excited for what was to come despite all the warnings and attempts to get them to stay home. Hey, they were on an island in the middle of nowhere, why not have some fun.
coded by reveriee

Charles Anderson [#F05F3B]
As the boat rolled up and docked Charles had wandered back off towards his stuff. He slung the bag back over his wide shoulders letting everyone else pass by him onto the dock. His forehead scrunched at the mention of traps and loose boards. He wasn't believing it, there had been so many nonsense stories and attempts to get them all to not come that he was gonna be skeptical of a lot. Especially as Ramona tore down the pier onto the beach. No traps, no loose boards. Charles scoffed as he stepped onto the dock, heavy slapping steps from his sandles sounding out until he reached the edge.

There was a long pause where Charles wasn't entirely listening to anything being spoken, his eyes taking in the scenery in long sliding glances. He tried to conjure up some of the long-winded paragraphs of island scenery that stuck in his mind from reading 'Lord of the flies' back in school but couldn't quite grasp it. So instead he settled on a much shorter, "Neat." which he mumbled quietly to himself. But this place seemed a bit more like a resort than some stranded prison of jungle and vines.

"Hey, do you still need one of these?" Charles's body jolted a little as Tommy spoke to him. "Hm?" A low grumble rose from his chest as his eyes darted quickly over him and the bracelets he was holding as he tried to gauge what he was asking, he hadn't been paying attention again. A bit of embarrassment washed over him and then his brow rose as he finally got it. "Oh, yeah. No, I don't have one yet." He dropped his bag onto the end of the dock with a soft 'Thunk' before taking one of the bracelets. Gingerly wrapping it around Tommy's wrist, his large hands fumbling slightly with the latch before snapping it on. "Ey, there we go." Then holding his wrist out for Tommy to return the favor. Half listening as telly spoke, more intrigued by the robot itself. He wasn't very very mechanically smart so he summed up his opinion on the bunny bot in one word. Odd. Shooting a look back at Tommy he grinned. "Getting us in the first game already, you ready for it man? Make sure to watch for traps on the way over." he let out a small chuckle, waiting to follow the rest of the group. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little excited for what was to come despite all the warnings and attempts to get them to stay home. Hey, they were on an island in the middle of nowhere, why not have some fun.

Mood: doubtful, impressed, excited
Outfit: here
Tags: Tommy, (mentions ramona & telly)

Seba Lynn Wan
Location: Island | Interaction(s): Toby AreSneksSly AreSneksSly | Mention(s): Telly smolfluffball smolfluffball
229486_VJb7iqLB.png
There was a pause between her request and his response, although Seba did not blame him since she may have caught him off guard. That and she often was told in the past that she had a more "quiet presence". She knew, in truth, that she was just quiet in step for many people, leading to spooking others easily. The edge of her smile lifted higher as the young man responded, his cheeks flushing from the momentary awkwardness. Seba raised up her arm to show her wrist. Her skin appeared as an unflattering pale tone under the sun which made her appreciate the trip even more.

She watched as the young man worked the band she had handed over to him onto her wrist, but she noticed how he maneuvered around her wrist to avoid much contact, if any was even made since he managed to clasp the accessory around her wrist without Seba even realizing. It wasn't until she felt a tightening sensation that she noticed the band had been clasped around her wrist. "Thanks," the young woman mumbled, her attention still focused to the band with curiosity as she observed the small accessory, or what she assumed was an accessory. Her left eyebrow lifted slightly as she touched the bracelet with her free hand. The bracelet shrunk its length to fit perfectly on her wrist. Seba felt a slight uneasiness on how it managed to do it but the thoughts did not linger as she heard her peer close by asking her for the same favor.

"Oh, sure! The pesky thing definitely requires more than one hand," returning her full attention to the guy close to her, Seba waited until his bracelet was in her hand before she got to work. While he may have been cautious to avoid skin contact, Seba wasn't as concerned. Her fingers lightly grazed against his wrist as she brought the ends of the band close together until she heard them click into place. "There you go." Right as she finished, a loud beeping alarm sounded from Telly. Seba looked up to the floating robot, she finally took notice of the odd but cute looking invention with widened eyes. She listened and watched as the machine flew by announcing instructions and news. Her eyes glanced over to the young man close to her, "Looks like our adventure is about to begin with a game." There was a shine in her eyes that complemented her wide smile, "Last one there is a rotten egg?" Seba's excitement bubbled through her childish remark, she spoke it more with a humorous intent believing the young man wouldn't want to take on the challenge, but she didn't hint this to him as she sped walk away from him, threw her luggage onto the sand by the dock, and continued to follow after the robot nearly skipping behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back