• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Five Steps || Characters (new)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

smolfluffball

Dork #1
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Blank Character Sheet★ Feel free to fill it out as your character if you want! That's what I did for both my characters, and it was a lot more fun, so I recommend it! Try and have fun with it, because I know character sheets can be a pain :’) It’s totally OPTIONAL to fill the sheet in as your OC - you don’t have to if you don’t want to! ★
ALSO: Remember to PM me your sheets!!!

What’s your name?: [first and last]
↳ Nickname/Alias: [if none then delete this]
How old are you?: [between 17-25, because they’re in college]
Gender?:
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?:
Tell me what you look like:
[Please, do not post a picture unless it is your own art or a picrew (with credit/a link). If you have a FC in mind, then describe it for us! A general description or a detailed description is okay, so long as we know what the character looks like. Please note: it’s a regular world, so odd colored eyes and unnatural hair can only be achieved through colored contacts and hair dye!]
Give me those personal deets: [Please describe your characters personality a little! Don’t use JUST character traits - I want to read about your characters persona, so give them details.]

Other/Trivia: [can include vices/virtues, or anything else you might have handy!]

How about that backstory?: [This can be either very detailed or not as detailed, depending on if you want to reveal it in the RP or not. I would prefer if you talked with me about traumatic past events, but if you want to keep them a secret to everyone else, you don’t have to include it in the characters thread! Apart from that, I just need a basic backstory.]

✩ This information will NOT be included in the main character thread, but keep this information included when you PM me your sheets! ✩
♡ These were asked on the sign-up for The Five Steps experiment, so you can answer them as your character if you want to! Or not, if you don’t want to. It’s up to you~
Reason for joining the experiment:
Tell me your secrets:
Tell me your fears:
Tell me your dreams:
Tell me a good memory from your youth:

You need to fill out this questionnaire, too!
You need to fill this out as best you can as your character for me, please. After you have filled it out, send it to me in a PM. This questionnaire is going to guide me toward deciding what character your character would match with the most, and since that is a secret going into the roleplay, it’s important that you only share it with me. Please, DO NOT share the completed questionnaire with anyone else if they’re considering joining the roleplay.
I'll be looking at how your character answers each question and deciding based on that, so please make sure your character answers honestly!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is separate from your character sheet, but both still need to be filled out! I know it seems like a lot, but hopefully this questionnaire is fun to fill out and also lets you get to know your character better.

There will be examples of completed character sheets and questionnaires right after this post.
Please read them to see what I'm looking for!

Jasper and Trent
What’s your name?: “It’s Jasper. Reinhardt. Jasper Reinhardt.”
↳ Nickname/Alias: “Trent calls me Jazzy and Jas. He also calls me Rood, with two o’s, he said. I don’t really like having my name shortened into anything else, if I’m being honest. Jasper works just fine, but I can’t stop Tree from calling me Jazzy, so he gets to be called Tree. Together, we are Jazzy Tree. What a fucking pair.”
How old are you?: “Nineteen.”
Gender?: “Male, forever and always.”
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Gay as fuck, but no one would want to date me, so why does it even matter?”
Tell me what you look like: “White boy with medium-ish length blond hair. It’s naturally blond, and kind of wavy. I can pull it back and tie it up if I really want to. Blue eyes, but they’re kind of gray too, so, like, blue-gray eyes. I guess I’d be attractive, if I had a decent personality. Attractive in like, not the super macho way, but more cute. I guess. I’m 5’9 and not a skinny beanpole or chubby, since I actually go for runs pretty frequently. Gotta be fit for when I finally land that hot date, ya know! And… that’s it, right? I just wear dark and dreary clothes, but I know how to style them because I’m not an animal, and, oh, gee! How could I forget my freckles. All over my damn body. But mostly on my cheeks and arms. They’re not charming or endearing or cute; they’re a nuisance.”

Give me those personal deets: “The long and short of it is that I’m an asshole. Like, basically. I mean, God, not really, but Jesus. What should I say? That I’m just prickly because I failed last time, although I actually thought I was doing better? And yet I still bombed the experiment, even though I liked someone and actually made a human friend. I had a bet with Telly that I wouldn’t succeed last time, and I won, so I decided to dig a hole and live in it. That’s what it is. Who cares? God, ya know, I know Telly would absolutely scold me for being so abrasive, so: I’m not really a jerk. It’s truly amazing, wow, extraordinary. I actually get pretty damn attached to people, but I have no friends, so therefore I have no attachments. Except Telly. If anyone hurts that robot, I will cut off their hands and feed them to the sharks. I also have a sense of humor and am not a complete and total jerk, because it goes against my coding. Robot jokes. Great. Fucking nerd. I like animals and robots, obviously, and I don’t want people to get hurt. Like, I’ll get annoyed if people end up hurting themselves over stupid things. Sure, yes, get in a fight, but make sure it’s really worth it. And also, humans, by nature, are not assholes. Just like me. Not an asshole by nature - just hurt. And angry. And trying to be better. It’s a work in progress.”

Other/Trivia: “Do you want a fun fact? Sure ya do. I named the robot when he was first made. His name’s Telltale, but I call him Telly, because I tell him all the things. He sees all the things, too, I swear to God. His name really suits his purpose. Oh, and also? This experiment? It’s ridiculous - I don’t know why people actually believe in it. Prove me wrong, Telly. Find someone who’s my match again, because Trent really worked out, didn’t he?”

How about that backstory?:
"Backstory, huh? I was born to two loving parents in Oregon. I think I’ll refer to them as Mom and Dad, because, ya know, that’s their names. What I called them, all my life. Mom was a stay at home mom during my younger years, until I started kindergarten. Dad was a professor at a popular, fancy university, and he taught robotics. He actually got paid pretty well, because robots are the future, as everyone knows. We weren’t poor growing up, and I got to take piano lessons and dance lessons and martial arts classes all throughout my childhood and high school years. Though I stopped taking dance lessons when I was a freshman, because I was more interested in other things. Dance wasn’t my passion, like, at all. I only did it because my mom did back when she was a kid, and I honestly liked it too, but I wanted to try other things.

Anyway, big events that happened over my lifetime. Nothing that major, honestly. I came out to my parents when I was thirteen and they were cool with it, which I still appreciate, because I’ve heard the stories of how hellish it can be. I was stupidly popular all throughout my life, I was friendly and outgoing and my house was the coolest place to hangout at after school. I got invited to every single party and always had people to sit with at lunch, or to go to dances with, or to just text and hang out with. I also got asked out a lot, because of my freckles, I bet, but nothing really came from any of those past relationships. Like, yeah, I did probably fall in love with someone, but he broke my heart, so it’s whatever. I’m not still bitter about it or anything. We were stupid and young. I’m way better now, obviously. I broke my arm by falling in a sewer, which I went into on a dare with a guy I had a crush on. In hindsight, what a stupid fucking idea. It was so gross.

The sad parts? We had a cat named Chance throughout most of my life, until he passed away when I was twelve. Old age. In his sleep. I was heartbroken. I still miss him. My parents rescued him from a horrible storm before I was born, and they told me he had injuries that were life threatening, but my parents decided he deserved a second chance and they decided to take him to the vet and take care of him. Hence his name. My mom ended up getting a job back when I was like five, and she became a nurse. I remember watching her work late at night, after I was supposed to be in bed. One of my favorite memories is seeing her doze off to sleep at the table, and watching as my dad got her a blanket and sat with her until she woke up. Just watching her sleep, and laughing at the doodles in her notebook. He drank the coffee that she had, because he didn’t want it to go cold, and because they drank the exact same coffee drink. That’s actually how they met, but that’s a story for a different time. My mom loved being a nurse, and she always regaled Dad and I with stories about the kids that she got to work with. I’ll admit it; I was kind of a jealous brat, thinking that those kids got to see my mom more than I did. It really bugged me when I was like six and seven, but I ended up crying about it and my mom comforted me. As moms do, if they’re a good fucking parent. I grew out of it, and we were such a happy family. Mom was there when I woke up every morning (and, sure Dad was too), and she always made me lunch to take to school, so I never had to wait in line. She drew silly things on notes and left them in my lunchbox everyday, even when I was older. I loved them, and I fought with anyone who even dared tease me about them. I miss them.

My mom ended up getting into a car crash on her way home from the grocery store when I was sixteen. It wasn’t her fault: some jackass ran a red light and t-boned her. I remember that same day, we were going to go get a cat at the shelter. My dad had taken a day off work and I got to skip school, because the event was pretty big. A new pet, after four years! Except we never went. Because my mom died. Her injuries were severe and life threatening, and although the doctors thought she might pull through for her family, she didn’t manage to make her way back to us.
I guess she didn’t get a second chance.

Needless to say, that fucking sucked. Hard. To make matters even worse, my dad ended up blaming himself, and I was pissed too, because I could have been the one to go get the stupid fucking cupcakes. I had my license. But no, my mom said, it won’t take very long. I’ll be back in a heartbeat. You won’t even notice I’m gone. She had insisted she go, because she was worried about me driving by myself, since I was still a relatively new driver. It was supposed to be less than fifteen minutes, because she was going to the grocery store that we always went to, which was so close to our house. After that amount of time passed, we were worried. The thing about my mom is that she was always on time, for everything. She always kept her word. But Dad and I heard the sirens. And it was not a good feeling.

After the funeral, my dad told me we were moving to California. After I spent sixteen years in Oregon, with all my friends, and all my plans, and my mom. After I spent sixteen years in the same house, which probably still has that dumb rubber duck in the wall that I left behind after I accidentally poked a hole in it. After everything. I had to say goodbye to my friends, which also sucked, and then we went and moved.

California was nice, but I was not. I was so angry at my dad, because he just left everything that we had behind and acted like it was a new start. I didn’t want a new start. I wanted my old friends and my house. I wanted my mom. I wanted at least one friend that I could talk to, or some pet, or something, because my dad’s new job took him away from me. He was now making robots, instead of teaching about them. He knew that he fucked up by getting the new job, but he was so passionate about it. I didn’t care. We ended up getting into some pretty bad fights in my late teens, and I also got arrested once, because I was an idiot. He actually came home to bail me out, which was great. I didn’t get arrested again, though, because those cuffs aren’t pleasant. Plus, I… I didn’t want to disappoint my dad. Although he disappoints me, but he also works with robots, which is badass, but still.

I did make some new friends after we moved, but I wasn’t the same. I evolved into a grade-A asshole. I don’t know why people tolerated me. After I graduated from high school, I didn’t talk to them again, and they didn’t reach out to me. It was fine, though, because I did have one friend by my side. I also ended up becoming way too interested in robots, because my dad was so passionate about his job, and now I’m studying it in college. I’m going to beat him at his own game.

About six months ago, I found out about the experiment from a source. I was eighteen, and I didn't even want to do it, but I was basically forced to anyway. See, the thing is, I don't want to make friends or fall in love. But since I was forced to come initially, and since I failed the first time around, I get to go again, but this time I get to be the fucking tour guide. With Trent. It's fucking great, and it'll definitely help. Maybe this time around, as the goddamn guide, the person that I like might actually like me back, but I highly doubt that. In fact, my trust in this experiment?
It’s sitting at about zero.”

✩ This following information will NOT be included in the main character thread, but keep this information included when you PM me your sheets! ✩
(I’m including it so you can see what I’m looking for.)
Reason for joining the experiment:
“I was forced.”
Tell me your secrets:
“Suck my dick? Wait, actually, don’t listen to me, Telly. Don’t learn that word. Erase it from your memory, please. Ya know, it’s not a secret, but I guess I do wonder why Trent’s even still here. Didn’t he succeed already? Am I missing something? Why is a nice guy like him still stuck on this island, when he made so many friends last time? Like, the dude even likes ME, so why is he still here?”
Tell me your fears:
“Ducks. Quack quack. Not really. I actually love ducks. They’re cute. I wanted one as a pet, before I was whisked away. You want a fear? My fear is that I’ll be stuck on this island forever, until the day I die, because of certain reasons that I cannot divulge for some other asinine reason. And I don’t like the dark that much. And geese. The bastards.”
Tell me your dreams:
“Casually skips the question. Actually, nah, I’ll answer this too. My dream is to become a better person. Hopefully I can accomplish it this time around without burning down all my bridges.”
Tell me a good memory from your youth:
“Every year, on the nineteenth of December, my mom and dad would take me to go pick out a tree at the Christmas tree farm. When we got home, my mom would make some hot chocolate while my dad set the tree up. After the tree was up, we’d all work together to decorate it. We had this tradition of picking out a new ornament each year, so we always put our new ornaments onto the tree first. I got to go first, every year. We had a playlist that had the best Christmas songs on it, and we always danced around and sang along to the songs. After the hot coco got cold, it always got cold before we got to drink it, we had eggnog and watched whatever Christmas movie was on TV. I got to open two presents. It was always a perfect day. Makes sense, because it’s my birthday, and my parents were amazing. Too bad mom’s dead and dad’s too busy to spend time with his lonely, loser, lameass son.”

This is Jasper's second questionnaire!

What’s your name?: “Trenton Kearns.”
↳ Nickname/Alias: “Trent, usually, but Jasper likes to call me Tree. Please don’t call me Tree.”
How old are you?: “I’m twenty-one.”
Gender?: “I’m a trans guy.”
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Ace and panromantic. Anyone works for my lovely self, so long as they don’t want in my pants. Oh, uh, I mean. Not that. Oops.”
Tell me what you look like: “I’m mixed race, so my skin is a light brown color. I have Indian ancestry, I’ve been told, so my black hair is pretty straight. It’s been cut short by someone who has no experience with cutting hair, so it’s actually kind of uneven. My bangs are all messed up, and there’s a strand of hair in the back that’s just a bit too long, but I don’t mind that much. I have dark brown eyes and a slightly angular face, and I’m 5’7. I wish I was taller. There’s a scar on the edge of my jawline, near my right ear, but it’s mostly faded. It looks kind of bad, and I don’t really like it. It’s part of my face though, so I simply must accept it. I guess… It’s not that noticeable. Just when you’re up close. Since I’m on the island, I wear mostly button up shirts and t-shirts and shorts. I, sadly, lost some of my clothes during my first run through. I know what happened to them. I know that someone didn’t like some of my shirts, and so they have left my suitcase. Uh… I don’t really know what else to say. I have a scar on my chest from my surgery, but I’m fine with talking about it. Oh. There’s also a scar on my lower back. Guess I’m just covered in scars. They’re all not even really pleasant memories, either.”

Give me those personal deets: “Hm… Uh. I guess I’m mostly pretty calm. I do like laughing and having fun with people, but I’m still kind of shy so I sometimes clam up. I like talking about the things I like, and I get excited when I get to do so. I actually think I can be something of a dork when I get excited. Um… Oh, yeah. I can be kind of proper, and maybe stuck-up? Uncouth things or inappropriate conversations tend to get on my nerves, because I’ve had some bad experiences with people not getting the message. I also am a stickler for people being polite and kind to each other, because it’s really not that hard to do. I think it’s way more difficult to be a jerk, honestly. I don’t know. I’m just me, I guess. Oh.. Oh. I also am pretty patient and I don’t like people who rush things. And I get nervous pretty frequently, but I’m trying to hide that and just accept that sometimes mistakes happen and that I’m not perfect.”

Other/Trivia: “I make a delicious raspberry pie.”

How about that backstory?: “I’ll keep it short and sweet, because I’m really not much of a story teller. I was born as a girl to a mother and father, and I had an older sister and a little brother. My family is very close with each other, so we often went over to my cousins house, or they came to our house, to hang out. My school life was rather simple, although I did attend private school for most of it. My parents wanted me to have a good education, which they thought I couldn't obtain from going to public school. They also were very strict with me getting good grades, so I didn’t get to go out with friends. Not that I even had any. I was really shy growing up, but I think a part of it was because I didn’t feel right in my own skin. I’ll spare you the details of my realization that I was trans, because, quite honestly, it was not a fun time. It was a lot of confusion and hating myself, and then learning to accept myself and worrying even further about the future.

My parents were proud of me when I graduated from high school, since I was the top of my class. And, of course, they wanted me to go to university. Even though I didn’t want to. I expressed this to them, and they wouldn’t hear it from me, since I had used the money I’d been saving up for years to get top surgery. They said I mutilated my body. I try not to think about it too much. At least some of my cousins understood, even if my parents still call me their daughter.

I ended up going to one of the universities I had applied to back when I was a junior, because I got accepted. It was not what I wanted, and after a year of going to school I decided to take a year off, to try to figure out what I did want. My parents were somewhat understanding, but they wanted me to pursue my skills, which were both science and mathematics based. A year passed, I got a pet bird, and then I applied again and got accepted again. Another year later, and I still don’t even know what I want to do when I finish school. I'm two years in and yet I'm completely lost.

I had wanted to join the experiment because I thought it’d be a nice break from my life. I wasn’t ever really social growing up, and I figured that if I was out of my comfort zone it’d help me figure out who I really was. And it did. And I’m grateful, truly, but I’m slightly worried about why I’m even still here. I’ve learned to make friends and I do believe I’ll still be friends with some of them even when I get back home… I just need to figure out why I have to do this entire thing all over again.”

Reason for joining the experiment: “I’m not entirely sure why I’m still here, but I initially wanted to join because I thought it seemed interesting. And I wanted to fall in love, potentially. I’m a bit of a romantic, truth be told. I think Jasper is too, but he’d be embarrassed if he found out I said that, so let’s not tell him.”
Tell me your secrets: “They haven’t really changed from last time. Hm. I guess I do have a new secret: I have a feeling that I know the exact reason why I’m still here. It truly sucks, and has nothing to do with the experiment. Am I right, Telly?”
Tell me your fears: “I want to be accepted and loved. My fear is not having that. I think it’d be very sad to not have that in your life. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have that in my life. Granted, my parents aren't the most understanding, but they still love me and are trying to come to terms with me being a guy. I know it was hard for them. I’m glad they’re working on it.”
Tell me your dreams: “I want my parents to call me their son, just once. That sounds sad, so I also want to open a bakery. I do enjoy baking things for people and seeing their smiles when they eat my sweets.”
Tell me a good memory from your youth: “I have better memories from the past six months then from my youth. You know when Jasper slipped and fell off a rock and landed in the ocean, even though he was entirely convinced that the rock wasn’t slippery? That’s a memory I’m fond of. He looked like a soaked golden retriever.”

Trent's first questionnaire! || And his second one, too!

Charles Andersen
What’s your name?: Charles Andersen. Pretty bland if I say so myself but hey I'm the one who picked it so I shouldn't be complaining.

↳ Nickname/Alias: Most people call me Charlie, my family calls me Chuck but I'm not a fan of it.

How old are you?: 23

Gender?: Trans Male

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: Pansexual

Tell me what you look like: I think I'm pretty average. Well, maybe not exactly. I'm 5'10. I work out pretty often, plus from working at my Dad construction company I do a lot of heavy lifting. So I guess I'm pretty fit but I don't wanna brag. I have dark brown/black hair but I like to dye it green. I keep it cut short. My face is clean-shaven and I have brown eyes.
sorry if it isn't great I'm not exactly an artist but here he is lol
charlie hehe2.png
Give me those personal deets: I guess I'm a nice guy, I dunno is it really genuine if someone tells you what they're like? (I'm gonna write this OOC since he wouldn't say in character. Charlie is someone who doesn't like to talk about themselves, he cares more about others and always puts people before himself. He's somewhat soft-spoken but not for a lack of things to say, he tends to wait until he has something important to contribute. Some of it is due to anxiety but once he becomes comfortable he can be more talkative and likes to goof around. He can be a little bit of a jokester. He might be a bit spacy at times. He gets easily attached to others and can be a little annoying. He also plays down any of his accomplishments or skills because he doesn't think he's good enough.)

Other/Trivia: I really don't like when people grab my arms or shoulders. I Just don't want my hormones to rub off on people.

How about that backstory?: I like to think I have a pretty normal life. I grew up in a small town, my family has struggled a few times but we've always managed. My dad owns a small construction company and my mom is a receptionist at the local clinic there. I went to the same public school all throughout my childhood. I had a couple of friends but that's about it. I was a pretty average student, mostly Bs in all my classes. Well actually if I'm being honest I was actually a bit of a butthead as a kid. I'd pick fights with my classmates a lot, I'd just get frustrated really easily and not really know how to handle it and just get mad. I eventually was able to work through it. I kinda forget about it cause I feel bad for being like that. I was in wrestling from middle school until about my sophomore year of high school because of an incident. Ya see, since I was afab and in a 'mens sport' most boys were kinda odd about having to go against a 'girl'. I got into a fight with one of the guys during practice cause he had been saying some not very nice things about me and I was removed from the team. I think they were just looking for an excuse cause I'd just come out a few months before that. Coming out wasn't a really big thing for me, it was more just finding out that there was a word for how I felt. My mental health suffered a little and my grades went down but hey I managed to graduate so that's all anyone cares about. I stayed home a year to help my Dad at his company. My parent both never really talk about my transition like they didn't disapprove or anything. I think they mostly tried to ignore it. Like maybe I'd 'knock it off' if they didn't pay attention to me. Well, suffice to say it didn't work. Cause after I turned 18 I started hormones. They started getting a bit more vocal about it. They kept trying to cover up by saying they were worried about my health but then when I'd explain how it works to them they'd ignore me again. It wasn't until a year later when I had surgery that they finally showed how they felt about it. I got kicked out of the house. Very unceremoniously. Just a few bags and a note waiting for me on the end of the driveway. I was supposed to be resting cause ya know, surgery, but then I had to worry about finding a place to stay. Luckily my buddy let me crash with him till I found an apartment, I owe him a lot. Then suddenly my folks showed back up. Tried apologizing for what they did. I mean I guess I forgave them but I never really felt the same around them. You can't exactly take that back. I started college a little late than most but hey, better late than never I guess. I mostly hang out with my close friend when I'm not busy, I think he's getting sick of me though.

Last edited:
Thomas "Tommy" Erald
What’s your name?: ”Thomas Erald”

↳ Nickname/Alias: ”Tommy”

How old are you?: "old enough to drink" (21)

Gender?: ”you could call me a girl if you wanted, but I’m most definitely a guy.”

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “I go for guys mostly, but girls are nice too.”

Tell me what you look like: “hmmm... I have brown hair and... green eyes... i had braces when I was younger so my teeth are straiter than I am. I work out, I promise. I may look like a string bean now, but if i remove my shirt”, removes shirt, “you will see i have a six pack” (is 5ft 9 inches)

6A3465B6-BD8B-4D67-8442-7FD2AFB454FA.jpeg

Give me those personal deets: ”people have called me a bit of a flirt. I like to think Im charming, but i guess I cant exactly tell myself... What do you think?” winks "I can be a bit obsessive at times, but its no biggie. I have a few emotional scars from past trauma, but I dont really show them all that much."

Other/Trivia: ”I can tend to get a bit... obsessive... over people”

How about that backstory?: ”for all you know I only started existing 30 minutes ago”, winks, ”just kidding. I like to play. My parents are twice divorced. My dad died after the third time they got married and my mother married another woman. My dad was abusive as shit, so im honestly kinda glad he’s out of the picture. My second mom is the most adorable lady ever, shes a bit chubby, but my mother likes girls that way. Not gonna lie i do too. I just started college because I wanted to make something of my life, the only problem is i dont know what. I chose a random major with the intent of figuring it out next semester after im used to college life.”

Last edited:
Tobias "Toby" Winfrey
What’s your name?: “Tobias Winfrey.”
↳ “Well, my dad calls me little guy if that counts.”
How old are you?: “23-ish? I think?”
Gender?: “Male. Man. Dudebro.”
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Uh, well, I haven’t really figured that out yet? Like uh, I know I like girls… oh god do I like girls… but I’d be open to trying a relationship with a guy or an enby.”

Tell me what you look like: “I’m pretty short, like around 5’4 last I checked? And I’m also relatively built, I guess. Been trying to hit the gym more often, but I’m more lean than muscly right now. Skin’s kinda milk-chocolate brownish, and my hair’s just like a mess of dark brown straws stuck to my head. I’m pretty sure my eyes are black or just a really dark shade of brown, and my face is kind of squarish.

I do have this picture of me that my sister took of me, just... don't laugh? I'm pretty camera shy, so I sort of panicked."
Smile-1.png

Give me those personal deets: “No. But in case this is required and if I don’t answer you’ll send some sort of drone after me, I guess I’d describe myself as painfully awkward. Like, excruciatingly so. I tend to blurt things out and say stupid or mean shit accidentally. And I usually don’t have the guts to apologize and it gets into this big mess and just- yeah. I can… kind of come off as an asshole to people? I don’t really try to interact with people I don’t know, so that just makes me look kind of stand-offish and mean. I get it- I can be kind of blunt and get riled up over small shit- but I’m trying to get better. I mean, I wouldn’t have agreed to do this if I wasn’t, but it’s hard. Other than that, I can get pretty emotional over some stuff, and I kind of have a tendency to cry at cute or gushy shit? It’s weird, I know, but shut up you asked the question.”

Other/Trivia: “I can cook surprisingly well. It’s something my mom taught me.”

How about that backstory?: “Well, what’s there to say? I grew up in a pretty conservative household, had a cat named Jackie and have a sister also named Jackie, although I’m pretty sure my sister came first. All in all, a breezy life. Broke off from my family and moved to Ohio for a bit to stay with my aunt and uncle, before moving back to Kentucky to pursue engineering. Even managed to get my own apartment thanks to my dad and aunt. I’m not exactly done with my courses yet, but I should be graduating next year. If things go according to plan. Which I sincerely doubt. And uh, now I’m here. Friendless and half-ready to mingle… That is how that saying goes, right?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Boone Balago
What’s your name?: Boone Balago
How old are you?: 25
Gender?: Male
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: What? I like girls. Straight, definitely. [Closeted Bisexual]
Tell me what you look like: don't you have a camera or something for the...database? Fine.
Height: 5'10" and about 140....did you ask that?
Body Type: Praying mantis. But really, I'm pretty thin despite what I do. The other guys at work used to give me shit for it but I can bale with the best of them.
Hair: sandy brown and in desperate need of a haircut. I usually put up up under a hat when I'm...well, pretty much anytime I'm not asleep my hair is up.
Eyes: hazel last I checked
Overarching: Ummm....well I mainly own jeans...I think I have one pair of nice pants for events. I guess I'll need some new clothes before I go. Everything is stained with something from nature. We didn't get many opportunities to dress up on the ranch. I usually wear ball caps or mesh back caps because sunburned corneas are for amateurs. Speaking of that, I'm pretty tan but it's not "beach tan" it's like....sun stained?....That makes sense to a robot, right? I spend a lot of time outside. I promise I'll shave before the trip. Beards are commonplace with the guys. We are all lazy. Yeah...that's me I guess.

Personality: Umm...It's hard to answer stuff like this...I guess people have called me a respectful and kind person when i'm first getting to know ya. The closer I get to someone, the more I will pick on you. I "pull pigtail" if you will. You know, like in elementary school when you have a crush on someone and....oh...never mind. I'm is willing to try just about anything once...well, any sport or activity, even if i'm no good or interested... I'm not great at talking about my feelings, horses and cows don't ask many questions after all. My ex told me I resort to "barbaric defensive strategies" to ditch uncomfortable topics but she said all sorts of things. I'm not really comfortable with all this new tech everyone has. A lot more has changed than I thought while I was working on the ranch.

Other/Trivia:
-I'm a pretty good survivalist
-I got a pretty persistent nicotine addiction
-my physical strength is often underestimated due to his stature, I can beat most people in arm wrestling. you wanna try?...oh, sorry...

How about that backstory?: "Since my twenty first I have been working on a remote site called Skinwalker Ranch out near Harvre, Montana. A Beautiful place in the warm months, a nightmare in the cold ones. I've lived most of my time there in a dilapidated camper I've been slowly fixing up over the years. I finally got her roadworthy... anyway, I've seen plenty of other ranch hands come and go and considered most good friends, but I have been told I'm easy to get along with. I am guilty of letting my work consume my life. I go into an almost auto-pilot like state that lasts months sometimes. I lose the ability to distinguish days from one another, eventually getting to the point where months are flying by and I don't even notice. I'd still be in an autonomous state if it wasn't for the night the owner's wife blew the boss's head off with his own shotgun. After the cops opened and shut that case, the Ranch was slowly cannibalized by the bank and family until it was only the land and a handful of us left. Skinwalker Ranch was a husk of its former self and the remaining property was purchased by the government to build some sort of facility. Me and the other boys were suddenly out of jobs and a home. They all picked up what they could and moved on. I joined the Five Steps as a kind of "reintroduction" back into normal life, I guess. Think you can help me?"

Nathalia "Nat" Rogers
What’s your name?: “For, uh, legal reasons, I’m going to use the name that isn’t on my birth certificate: Nathalia Rogers.”
Nickname/Alias: “You can call me Nat or Tally, either is fine with me. Just, not Natalia.”

How old are you?: “I turned twenty three a few months ago.”

Gender?: “I’m a female, born and raised. She and her pronouns.”

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “I’m a lesbian, but if Chris Evans asked, I wouldn’t say no.”

“I’ve got what my dance instructor called a ‘ballerina's dream body’. I’m 5’4” exactly and most of that is in my legs. I’m rather curvy, but most of that is muscle. My hair is very long, halfway down my back, and a really dark brown. People mistake me for being Italian instead of Russian because of how easily I tan, but my accent definitely throws them off, even if it isn’t that obvious. My eyes are bright blue; my mama called them ‘Siberian Blue’. I try to hide them, but I have burn scars on my right shoulder and another scar on my thigh. They’re not easy to hide, though.
I won’t lie, I have expensive taste in clothes. All of them are designer, but they’re comfortable, too! And you certainly won’t see me without my favorite red lipstick on. Yes, I've learned to run in heels. I live by the phrase, 'Whatever you die in, your ghost will wear for eternity'.”

Give me those personal deets: "If you know me during my Academic hours, I’m very serious. People think I’m a thoroughly dedicated scholar, always asking questions in class and taking notes. I guess I’m rather blunt, because I don’t see the point in lying to make others feel good. If you know me during Lights Out, I’m definitely the life of the party. I like to outdrink the boys and I like to have fun. If you get to know me, I guess I’m a bit of both sides of me. I take a lot of shit seriously, but I know how to laugh about it. I like to make others happy, and I don’t want them to know how I’m really feeling. It’s easier for everyone, and honestly, it’s just nicer in general. Less stressful. Besides that, when I get really passionate about something, I can’t contain my excitement. I love to learn new things and meet new people.”

Other/Trivia: “I still practice my morning ballet routine - stretches and dances. I actually enjoy it, if you can believe it. I’m also fluent in Russian, but that’s probably a little obvious given I sound like it. I’m a skilled cook, though I can’t bake to save my life which is a shame because I love desserts.”

“You could say my family had that All-American-Dream look. My dad was a successful businessman, my mom was the faithful housewife. They came to America when they first got married and simply couldn’t think of leaving. I had two older sisters, Lissa and Tanya. My oldest sister - Lissa - was always the shining apple of my parents’ eyes. So, growing up, I did everything I could to be better. I was a straight-A student, committed to ballet because my mom, back in Russia, was a ballerina and I wanted to make her proud. It didn’t work, but I did excel nonetheless. We had a perfect life if you didn’t really live it.

Truth is, papa was an angry drunk and mama wasn’t so faithful. I was maybe twelve when shit really hit the fan. Guess papa was making deals with some not-so-official partners. Woke up one night to the house engulfed in flames. You know, some people think fire is alive - I don’t know about that, but it definitely felt alive. Anyway, I ended up jumping out of my window from the second story. Got burns on my shoulder and back from the fire and a wicked scar on my thigh from the impact. Doctors said I was lucky to keep my leg.

The rest of my family wasn’t so lucky. Their bodies were found by the firemen, all together in my parents’ room. After I recovered, I moved in with my American Godmother because apparently my parents had the decency to leave me a good inheritance as well as ensure that I wouldn’t be sent back to the motherland upon their untimely demise. In case you were wondering, yes, that’s why my accent isn’t so… aggressive.

Old habits die hard. By day, I was the perfect little girl. The orphan who stayed strong, the orphan whose criminal father left her with a big fat red target on her back but still got perfect grades and danced for her mother. But by night? Well. I still played a perfect role. Still starring in my own world, the life of the party. The girl who could drink with the boys and win over the other girls. I’ll admit, I gave Nancy a shit of a time, but I was never mean to her. I stayed out often, but I didn’t get into trouble at school and I did what she asked of me. We aren’t estranged or anything. She’s supportive, but - it’s pretty obvious I was her first experience at rearing a human being. It was never her thing, and I don’t blame her.

When I was twenty-one, I was still mixed up with the wrong crowd. Had a girlfriend that treated me like garbage, but I really did love her. They have a saying in Russia: ‘Lybuov zla, polyubish i kozla’. It means ‘Love is cruel; you could fall for a goat’. And, yeah, what a goat she was. Found out she was cheating on me and our entire ‘friend group’ knew about it, but since I was a steady stream of income, they kept quiet.

Needless to say, I started to realize the toxic people I surrounded myself with. So, I dropped all of them. Cold turkey. I’m not that perfect doll anymore - maybe I never was - but… I’m working on accepting that. As for my papa’s former business partners? They reared their ugly heads a few months ago. Started following me around when they found out who I was. Lucky for me, the feds are quick to help a sweet little rich girl in danger, and they arrested the goons. Still, for my protection, they recommended I change my name and move across the country. So, I did. And here I am.”

Seba Lynn Wan
What’s your name?:
"Seba Lynn O. Wan, let's just say my parents were anticipating a boy and only had the name Sebastian lined up. And yes my first name has two parts to it, so no Lynn is not my middle name."
↳ Nickname/Alias:
"I like Lynnie, it's the nickname my little cousin gave to me. But there's also the other nickname of Slowpoke cause my initials for my full name come out as S.L.O.W..."
How old are you?: "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22! Taylor Swift? No? Okay."
Gender?: "Female."
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: "I wouldn't say that a certain sex determines my attraction to them. It depends on certain qualities. Guy or gal, I feel that I can be with either. However, I do find myself falling in love with people I become close to in terms of friendship. It really becomes a struggle at times."

Tell me what you look like: "Take a look at me, what do I look like? See these somewhat almond shaped eyes and slightly biggish nose, yes I'm part Asian. Although my skin is quite pasty compared to some of my cousins.

So I have dark, dark, dark brown, thick hair with a blonde balayage. Because it grows to be so thick, I only ever have it reach to just rest a little bit on my shoulders. Oh, and it currently has textured layers cut into it, just to give it that oomph and give me some different lengths for strands of hair to play with since I don't have a particular way I part my hair. My eyes are light brown, nothing spectacular, although I heard they're quite pretty under sunlight, especially sunsets. I have a slightly wide nose, double eyelids, dark brown eyebrows that could use a trim, a few acne scars close to my temples, thinnish lips, distinct cheekbones, and a strong jawline. These are all details that at least have been described to me on how my face looks to others since I don't really pay too much attention to my reflection in the mirror.

As for my body, I think it's pretty average for my height of 5'9" weighing at about 144 lbs. I have somewhat an hourglass figure although it is lacking on the upper half as my bosom is small. My hips could be bigger too considering how thick my thighs are, which complement my slightly muscular arms. And I'm working on it, but I do have a small belly, no abs or flat stomach. I've enjoyed my sweets too much to have the complete built unit of a health nut.

Oh? You want to know about my usual wardrobe? Simple. If it's comfy, it's on me. This sometimes means I can either look like a complete couch potato or glamorous wild child of the woods. And if I especially have the resources I could be adorning the many cute rompers or overalls that are out in existence that have big enough pockets to hold all my necessities."

Give me those personal deets: "Whew, there's a lot to know about me. But as soon as you ask me on the spot, my mind goes blank. How is it that my friends can even describe me better? Anyway, I guess that's one thing you can notice, I end up talking too much or off tangent when I'm nervous. I feel that sometimes I'm not describing my thoughts or feelings enough. Then there's the case where I'm an overthinker, not about everything though. Just the big decisions or contemplating on the what-if situations. It's a real nuisance when I start running my mind in unhealthy circles with decisions I've made and cannot reverse.

Moving on, I, somehow, emulate an air of intelligence you can say? People, whether they know me well or not at all, see me and describe me as intelligent quickly. Perhaps it also has to do with my Asian genes, although they aren't wrong. I enjoy learning new things all the time, practical or non-practical. The challenge of knowing more and using it for other things in life motivates me to strive a lot in life. My ambitions can sometimes get the best of me and burn me out too quick, which I've learned from that to take deep breaths and enjoy the little things in life.

I'm a listener. I'm more on the introvert end of that scale. But if I need to perform in front of people without replaying whatever silly antics I'm doing, then in a way I appear like an extrovert. I enjoy being with others even if it can be tiring. The laughter and happiness I can bring to others. We all want to be happy and feel happy, even if they're fleeting moments in time. So while I can be silly, chilled, adaptable to most situations, cool, and calm, I can also be a beech if needed. If the situation reaches the point where I need to be blunt, then I'll say something. Although that's something I'm still working on so it may come out more like me snapping or nearly hissing. Depending on how I feel that day, my emotions can go from 0-100 real quick.

Well, that's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's a lot more to me than what I can think of for myself. You'll just have to hang around me to find out more."

Other/Trivia: "Hm, I do have a bad sweet tooth, is that something useful? Oh, and while I don't drink a lot, I can go overboard when I'm around others. Must be peer pressure or something."

How about that backstory?: "Considering I have horrible memory and my life has mostly been uneventful, I'll just give the quick rundown. Eldest child of four kids to two parents who were brought together through an arranged marriage, so there's not much passionate love between the two rather it's more companionship. There were times where it was clear that loud arguments were about to burst from my parents, so I'd always take me and my siblings to play outside or something. Since there's a 2 year age gap between each one of us, we're pretty close in a way. That and I'm the only girl. So none of my things were passed down and I had my own room to myself.

Gradually, our parents continued to drift apart while us siblings grew closer. I became a role model to my brothers which was a lot of pressure since I'm not perfect and well I've messed up a lot. I've snuck out to meet up with friends, I was not the most studious student, although I still passed with low As, and I liked doing my own things. The only ones who've caught me at my worst times have been my brother, Rowen, second eldest of family, and my mother. My father was seldom present.

Anyway, school years were fine. I had friends, enjoyed my classes, participated in some electives like running and choir. Had some fun times with friends and steered clear from law enforcement."

Hana Imai
What’s your name?:
"Imai, Hana." (Surname, first name)

How old are you?:
"23."

Gender?:
"Female."

"Straight... I'm pretty sure of that... I get thoughts about girls that I can't describe, sometimes... but that doesn't make me gay... right...?"

"I've never taken a selfie before... but here... don't judge too harshly..."

1622170332802.png

(5'1 / 155 cm)

Give me those personal deets:
"I'm not too good with people... If I had to break any silence, I guess I could start a talk...? When I'm caught in social situations, I tend to freeze up and become formal... Like, Japanese formal... The only reason I had friends was either because they're a social butterfly and roped me along with them... or it was during my childhood when I was less shy... My friend has sometimes said I'm rather blunt at times, but I don't think that's true. She's too energetically dense to realize what I have to go through in social situations... Oh, d-don't tell her I said that... Aside from all that, I'd like to say I'm more social with people I know better? She also told me that I'm like a house mom, which makes sense because I had to tidy up the home for my parents when I was in my first year of high school... And that I'm very compromising, eager to please, and... nice? I... I guess...?

Other/Trivia: "Interesting things...? I-I guess I can blend in with the crowd easily... And... I can't think of anything else..."

"I don't think my background is anything special... I grew up in Tokyo as a single child, and I never could mingle with the crowds... After overhearing the drama that the talkative people gossiped about... the world of social butterflies sound terrifying... Anyways, when I was in elementary, my parents moved to America for work, and I had to come with them. We've lived there since, and I'm fluent in both languages. Everyone crowded around me at first, and it was really scary, but thankfully someone yelled at them to give me some room... They're still my friend today, and I'm grateful...

"I made another friend entering middle school, but they never really got to meet each other. I've only had two friends up to now... Aside from that, my life's been pretty normal. Everyone eventually forgot about me because of how shy I was, but that's fine, because I had those two. My parents work all day, so it was my responsibility to tidy up the house. At some point I had a crush on my guy friend and it was like that since...

"I moved out after high school, so I was on my own for a while. Oh... but the crush just ended a while back because I never gathered the courage to confess... I heard he found someone he loved... I'm just pathetic like that... He hasn't spoken to me since; maybe he's too busy having fun with his girlfriend... When I vented to my other friend, she told me she was signing up for whatever this is, and she pushed me into it, too... I honestly don't know why she thinks I need this... or why I even accepted... Maybe I shouldn't be here... But I might as well try since my friend went through so much effort..."

Last edited:
Ramona Rowan

332600_ryJLEc9U.png

Ramona Rowan

• "What's your name?"
    "Let's do this! Hiiii I'm Dory...”
    (laughs)
    “Just kidding."
    "Nah but seriously. My name is Ramona. Ramona Jade Rowan.”

"Do you have any nicknames?"
    “Most people call me Ray. But I’ve also heard Spazz, Red, Mona, Bubbles… and I guess Mortimer… it’s a long story.”

"How old are you?"
    "I am 24 years old.. well in this life at least."

"Gender?"
    "I am allllll woman."
    (wiggles eyebrows)

"Now what is your sexuality/romanticism?"
    "Demisexual, polyamorous. I have to really get to know someone in order to find them attractive. Like a deep emotional connection. Aaaand… well I’m not really monogamous. Free love and all that jazz."

"Tell me what you look like."
    "Yessir!"
    (salutes)
    "Well, I have long, red curly hair. Its name is Leonidas. I decided to give my hair a name since it seems to have its own personality. My gauges are currently at a size 00 and I have piercings in my septum and bellybutton. At least those are the modifications you CAN see."
    (winks)
    "Um... I have green eyes from my mom and freckles from my dad. I'm pretty pale. I am a curvaceous cutie at an average height of 5’5”. OH! And I usually prefer more of the bohemian clothing style when I'm not feeling too lazy."

"Give me those personal deets."
    "I am open-minded and really friendly. I'd like to think I am more optimistic when it comes to dealing with things. I am curious and creative. I like to try a bunch of new things. I want to experience ALL of what life has to offer. I don't mind being someone's shoulder to cry on... I'm a pretty good listener.
    (thoughtful pause)
    I've been told by a few people that I am... what's the word. Flighty? I tend to flit from one thing to the other. Hobbies, people, locations, literally everything. And while I may seem really extroverted... I don't know if I am...? I don't know. I think I'm just worried about making everyone happy."

"Any trivial details that come to mind?"
    “I’m really good at reading tarot cards. I have been practicing for over a decade now. And I'm a vegan if that matters.”

"How about that backstory?"
    “Hmmmm… well I grew up in Oscoda, Michigan with my parents and older brother. It’s a tiny town in the boonies. The vibe is a lot of nature hikes, stargazing, and a quick swim in Lake Huron. I loved it there. But I moved over to California a few years ago to try and find myself.”
    (awkward chuckle)
    “Okay… honestly I moved to California to follow a girl I thought I was in love with… but that’s a long story. Before coming here I worked part time as a librarian (which is literally the coolest job ever), and I also work freelance as a tarot reader at the local spiritual store.”

Attachments

• 1626066633935.png
    1626066633935.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Astrid Hale
What’s your name?: “My name’s Astrid Hale.”

How old are you?: “I’m 21!”

Gender?: “Oh, I’m a girl.”

Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Well, um… it’s a bit complicated… I think I could be attracted to any gender but I do find men a little scary… I for sure like girls though, and non-binary people too.”

“Let’s see… well, the first thing people probably notice is that I’m pretty small, around 5’1” and a quarter. Don’t laugh, the quarter inch is important! My body type is somewhere between average and chubby, around 130 lbs. I’ve got long, reddish-brown -- auburn, I guess? -- hair that’s pretty wavy and habitually messy. Seriously, it’s got a mind of its own. I brush it all the time and still it--... sorry, I digress. I have pretty dark brown eyes, which I always thought was sort of boring. My brother ended up with dreamy, hazel eyes and I just got brown. My skin is pretty pale, as I don’t get out a lot, and I’ve got a smattering of birthmarks all over my body. Yes, I do have a favorite birthmark, and it’s probably the one on my chin, or maybe the one on my left knee that’s vaguely heart-shaped. I always thought that was kinda cute. My style is pretty cutesy too, I like pink stuff a lot. I wear a lot of dresses and skirts, though in summer I do favor shorts and rompers and stuff, so if I make it onto the island, that’s what I’ll probably wear most. I wear glasses too, for nearsightedness. I'm pretty blind without them, so I've almost always got them on.”

Give me those personal deets: “I suppose most people would describe me as… quiet. If they would describe me at all, that is. I think for most of my life, I’ve been sort of invisible. And honestly, that’s been okay with me a lot of the time. I’ve never been outgoing or someone who wanted to be in the spotlight. Other people are really hard for me to understand and I just don’t get along with them that easily. My preference has been, in the past, to just be by myself. I’ve always felt a closer affinity to animals than people -- they’re straightforward, y’know? They don’t judge either. So, I’ve volunteered at animal shelters and the like a lot in the past, and now I’m studying veterinary medicine. Although it’s true that I liked to be alone in the past, after high school, it started to get old. I saw people around me with friends, supporters, even lovers and I began to want that to be a part of my life too. I guess no matter how I feel about others, how they confuse me, I still want human connection. I tried to sort of reinvent myself in college -- doesn’t everyone? But it feels like every time I try to be social, something in me malfunctions and I just fade into the background, like always. I get anxious and it feels like I can’t speak up. I guess old habits die hard. As you can hopefully tell from my application, I’m actually pretty smart and observant. I have a lot of thoughts in my head at any given time. So I feel like I have it in me to be fun and interesting! I just have trouble expressing myself. I hope the island and the experiment can change that.”

Other/Trivia:
  • “I enjoy playing video games in my spare time! I like to collect retro games.”
  • “I really love math, believe it or not. I take math courses every semester, even though they’re not required for my major.”
  • “I’m super coffee addicted. I started drinking it in middle school and have been hooked since.”
  • “My dream pet is a cockatiel!”
How about that backstory?: “Ah… to be honest, I don’t talk about it much, but I guess it’s necessary for the application. My childhood was a little… troubled, I guess you could call it? I don’t want to really get into it but the short version is that both of my parents had drinking problems and my dad could be pretty abusive. It was small things at first, but as these issues often do, they escalated until we -- my brother and I -- were taken away from them. My school teacher noticed bruises and called the authorities… CSA or something, I don’t remember all the details. I was about 6 at the time. Our aunt, my dad’s sister, ended up taking us in and not long after, my parents died in a drunk driving accident. It was sad at the time but I hardly remember them now. Our aunt was very sweet, as was her husband, but I think we were a burden on them, even though they tried not to show it. They already had three kids of their own, and adding another two so suddenly was probably quite difficult to handle. The whole situation felt crowded and foreign. That’s when I really started to keep to myself. We had to move to another state to live with my aunt, you see. We started over, new school, no friends, all that. Somewhere in there, I started to just feel like I wanted to be alone. I had plenty of meetings with the guidance counselor over my solitary nature -- ‘what’s wrong? Are you being bullied? Is there something going on at home?’ etc, etc. She didn’t understand, nor did most others. I think this is when I began feeling really alienated from other people too -- I felt like no one could just try to listen to me, to stop assuming I wanted the same things they did and that I wanted to be just like them. I felt weird at home already and now I felt weird at school too. This was when I started volunteering at the town’s small animal shelter, just to be able to get out of the house. I found that animals made much more sense than people. Even though they couldn’t speak, I felt connected with them! This basically carried on until I went off to college -- I already knew I wanted to work with animals, the thought of doing anything else honestly felt sad. However, I had become kind of sick of being alone. Nothing really changed, I just… wanted people I could trust. I hadn’t had that pretty much ever. But as I said before, old habits die hard, and I don’t think I’ve managed to push myself much. And that’s basically where we are now.”

Dane Morgan
What’s your name?: Dane Morgan
↳ Nickname/Alias: Most just call me Dane or Morgan but my clown name is Jester!
How old are you?: 18
Gender?: I'm male but you can use whatever pronouns you want for me!
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: Well I guess you could call me graysexual, I've felt attraction to people before only like a little? And I guess I'd say I'm Pan. I just think people are neat!
Tell me what you look like: Hmm, I'm kinda tall. I think about 5'10. I'm pretty thin, i've been called wirey before.My hair is sandy blond naturally but It's currently dyed pink! It's short but gets rather curly the longer it gets. Uh, I got blue eyes. I got freckles mostly just around my nose. There's a small scar on my forehead right above my right eyebrow from a plate spinning accident but I guess that don't matter too much. Aha, My fashion sense has been mostly described by others as 'disaster' but I just like wearing anything colorful and fun! I also have a purple clown nose on a string that hangs around my neck in case there's an emergency clown moment.
Give me those personal deets: Loud, that's a word people use for me a lot. I like to think I'm energetic. I can't really focus on just one thing for long. I guess I kinda like being the center of attention. Oh! And I like people. I like entertaining and doing good things.

Other/Trivia: I have more jokes memorized than you could probably write in a book. My favorite word is platitudinous.

How about that backstory?: There ain't really too much to tell ya. I was raised by my single mother. She worked really hard to make sure I had everything I needed. She was a nurse and worked long hours and I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her except on weekends but she was usually too tired and stressed out to do much. I became pretty independent at a young age, after school I'd spend my time at the comic store below our apartment building. The owner was a nice older man and let me sit and read comics until mom came home in the evenings. It's silly but when I was little I wanted to be a superhero so my Ma wouldn't have to work anymore and I could make her happy, make a lotta people happy.
I was about 8 when she brought me with to work one day because a group of clowns was visiting the patients on her floor. I stayed in the nurse's station and watched them go room to room. Each time they came out there'd be so much laughter and smiles. Even Ma looked real happy when they stopped by the station, they showed me a few magic tricks and played around with me before moving to the other side of the hall. And I just remember thinking, "That's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna make people laugh." And I've been trying ever since. I started going around our apartment looking for chores the neighbors needed doing after school and saved up enough to buy my first magic kit. Then my next birthday I told Ma all I wanted were juggling balls. I poured over every joke book from the library. I'd practice in the mirror every evening. Then at 15 I started doing birthday parties for the younger kids in the neighborhood.
I never really considered doing anything else until right before I graduated high school. I had some doubts about whether or not this is what I should be doing. I started to feel guilty that I was wasting my time and my Ma's. She worked so hard and I'm gonna throw it all away to be a clown? I got a stern talking to when she found my juggling and magic stuff and costumes in a box in the storage closet. Saying "The only way you're throwing anything away is if you decide to quit now. I don't care what you decide to be Dane as long as you're happy, I'll be proud of you either way." So, after graduation I contacted a college in Chicago that still teaches circus arts. And I guess after this, if I do get in, next year I'm headed there.

Alfie Reed
What’s your name?:
"Alfie Reed, the only lad back home doaty (stupid) enough to sit 14 hours on a plane to land in a place that can get hotter than the hottest season in Glasgow, just to board a boat for this vague island as part of some questionable experiment."
↳ Nickname/Alias: "My pals back in Glasgow call me Fee! Christ, I can already picture those bawbags' faces when I tell them where I went, as if my bum's out the window."

How old are you?:
"21, now old enough to drink in America for whatever reason I'd need to be over in that hole."

Gender?:
"
Male. What else would you think I am?"

"Guess I never really thought about it... Demisexual, I suppose."

1624846636527.png
(Link)

"Pale as milk, armed with freckles, and the complete opposite of my viking of a father! I'm the slimmest out of all my mukkers (friends), save for the hens, but I tell you what, I can shout louder than any of those wee bawbags. My hair's pretty long and reddish-brown; the only maintenance I really need to do is for the one braid going down my neck. I couldn't care less what the front looks like, so it just ends up... bushy... Last I checked, I'm around 172 centimeters (5'8). I'm one of the few lads in Scotland who don kilts daily, despite the amount of times foreigners cried it a skirt. It's a green and black, plaid kilt, and tis nae (not) easy to mix them up!"

"I like to think I'm a carefree, light-hearted, honest, and compassionate Scotsman. The only issue is that the foreigners I've met rarely understand the way we talk and act! But that's their problem. I can't be arsed to act in a way people outside of Scotland find 'comfortable.' I, for one, thrive for fairness between everyone, so how I treat people, hen or lad, is no different. And how I treat people is with energy and familiarity! That's how I met my lads back in middle school! Just slap their shoulders a lot, and by the next day you're at the pub getting a wee dram at the pub! When I'm hammered, I've been told that I become way louder and more upfront than ever before... But I'm assuming this island doesn't want their guests getting drunk on arrival.

"I’ll say what I think, and my words mean what they mean, but it's usually nae with malice. I'm used to folk understanding that over in Glasgow, but oh just please forgive me for forgetting that everyone else takes things differently. It's like those Americans and whatever 'tipping' is—I have to wonder each time a tourist leaves more dosh (money) like I'm a beggar. Point being, my way with words is diverse from everyone else's way of speech. They're fiery and bold. Like the historical Scots of braveness, stubbornness, and courageousness. Still true.

"Like everyone else back home, I know how to have a good time. Celebrations, dancing, drinking, singing…. we’re experts at these. We enjoy our food and Scotch like no other! Well, most of the times I apparently danced and sung was when I was hammered, but either way, I'm not wrong!"

"To be frank, part of the reason I'm so gung-ho with certain people is to prod if they're shy or not. And let me tell you, watching a nervous bloke go all red and having their blethering go all stutter-y makes me roar with laughter!"

Other/Trivia:
"Well, I can hold my whiskey, and I tend to go way off when I'm smashed—not that you guys allow drinks on the island—I also firmly believe in all the supernatural shit like the Wulver or the Bean Nighe. You guys probably wouldn't know what they are, but I won't be swayed if you say otherwise!"

"I swear, whenever I travel out of country, I get these random folk asking me what it was like growing up in Scotland, like they're expecting a tale of vikings and boating through rapids, armed with face tats and axes. No, it's normal shit, similar school systems and day-offs like American people get. My family is average. My life is average. I have this circle of bawbags that I'm close with; have been since my middle years of school. We got drunk together, did stupid shit, spent the time of our school lives doing fuck all.

"After graduating, we kind of went separate ways. They all went to focus on their lives. Some even found their 'destined ones,' like some sappy love story pulled out of their arse. I wish them well, of course, but it's like everyone's gotten their hands full with life. Not a single way I can interfere. So, I'm bored and wanna travel, and here we are. Spending 14 damn hours in a plane to land in a pit where it can get hotter than the hottest seasons in Glasgow. This experiment thing better be worth it."

Cecile "Rosy" Rosine
What’s your name?: “Cecile Rosine, but you can call me Rosy.”
Nickname/Alias: “Sexy, hottie, just anything ending in -ie.”
How old are you?: “21 and ready to mingle~”
Gender?: “An extremely attractive lady.”
Now, what’s your sexuality and/or romanticism?: “Pansexual. I have my preferences, but I’m always weak to a pretty face.”

DV4xYgGmnuzD0lcyRZZvQ0_dYBWH8wLIslgb9-c5rmXmnYE2Z7Co1M_j9c30M8rBH8KadIomdU1NkgtZUHIp737QKuFQSAW3Z6JheizPiNCOYFh4Ppxkhlw_DewzHYs4A2TYiPqD
“This was a very cute picture of me around my late teens, when I was still part of, shudder, the drama club. A... old friend, shall we say, took this photo when I showed interest in becoming a model for her photographs.”
jCo583S9ebSXyzowVYFSntKGDLv9hYWeI12yKNvA5-ZN2ZktxFV0tmPuYs9VcSI1KzX-ayyyCTEJbgtHzgmpW_zuDUy2g4gcB1T7E9Le_wanC8-WJG3ANEI1nuH87EgxJHLRioQs
“Oh yes, this is a very cute photo of me as well! It’s a bit more recent, so you can see my hair is slightly faded, but I still look absolutely gorgeous! I mean, it’d be hard to make me look ugly, but I’ve seen people try. As for a general description of me, I would say I’m around 5’10, slim, and extremely attractive. My face is a bit rounder than most other French people I know, but I’m still plenty cute! I have a few piercing holes in my ears as remnants from my rebel phase, but other than that I don’t have a lot of other body modifications. I like to keep myself in shape, you see. After all, this body is the one god gave me, and I would like to enjoy it for as long as I am able!”
“Ohoho, and we’re allowed to say anything? Hmhm, don’t mind if I do. Let’s just start off easy then; I’m charming, kind, and an absolute sweetheart! Well, according to my mother that is. Gosh, my mother. She really is a darling you know! The sort to baby you even if you aren’t related by blood. Oh but that’s neither here nor there right now, this interview is about me, me, me after all! Ah... but I suppose that’s something people find annoying about me. Yes, yes, I know, hard to believe, but it’s the truth. My sheer, shining confidence just rubs people the wrong way. Personally, I would love to hang out with me, but folks just find me annoying. Yes I can be a little harsh, and perhaps just a smidge too pushy sometimes, but that’s just part of the package deal sweetie! A lot of people say I am much too egotistical. Pardonnez-moi, but it isn’t my ego talking, it is simply your awful sense of fashion Justine! Et non, je ne suis pas une connard because I yelled at you when you insulted ma mere, pute, god. Ugh, pardon. It’s just that I seem to attract the most horrid of human beings to me. And I couldn’t possibly know why. After all, I am a lovely young lady am I not? Sigh, I suppose the universe feels it has to stunt my growth to keep me in check. Oh but let us not end on such a bummer note. Let’s see... mmm, I enjoy a good time, a good fuck and a good puppy!”

Other/Trivia: “I own a wonderful Bernese named… Bernice! Creative name, I know. He’s just an absolute darling. Right now my dearest mother is taking care of him, but I’m sure he’s having the time of his happy-go-lucky life!”

“Ah, my birth. Truly the greatest event to occur in history. I was but a peachy young child when I left my dear mama’s womb, thus giving the world the 1st true wonder. Yes, yes, my entrance into this wonderful life started on a cold, dreary afternoon in Bordeaux. My mother had been reclining upon her sofa and sipping a cup of warm Jasmine tea, when she felt a jolt in the pit of her stomach. Pain gripped her like a vice, tight ‘round her belly as I kicked in the warm embrace of her womb. Yes, she could feel me alright. I was ready. Ready to be born. Everything afterwards was a breeze and nothing else of note happened. The end!”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back