• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The Fate of Creation - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Just a question regarding potential character progression.

Since I've been thinking of pursuing gradual mastery over an SMA style as we progress, I wanted to ask if any of you would have any preference / wish / suggestion regarding that style or if there would be a style that you'd wish to see in-play etc.

Currently I'm thinking of continuing on the Prismatic Arrangement of Creation, from which I already know a couple of charms, due to its varied nature, its multiple forms and the fact that mechanically I can achieve its pinnacle without the need to raise my Essence to 6 or 7.

In addition to that from a thematic perspective its usually the first advanced style taught to Sidereals and therefore the easier to grasp, even in terms of concept and application, emulating Creation's basic concepts / magical materials / divine beings, whereas the other styles appear somewhat more nebulous conceptually and while they all intrigue me, I will need to achieve a higher essence rating and perhaps overall understanding of how to properly utilize them in order to master them.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)

That SMA style, once you have it mastered, will give you a variety of special powers that will be very handy for you as you advance in the game. While it is not a very helpful answer, you should go with whatever style you feel is the best fit for your character and that you like the most.

Also, even though this has been brought up in PM between the two of us, Psychie Psychie should also be told that when you are ready to learn a new MA style, your new Sifu's are the Maidens themselves. Also, for the time you are away from Yu-Shan, you will be given the needed instruction through your dreams. There is actually a SMA that has that as its mechanic to learn the lower level Charms for it already, so I'm just going to expand that to include other styles. This way you can go ahead and learn whatever MA style you want that would normally require an instructor.

I'm glad to hear that we are not going to have to reinvent each technique from whole cloth. I have been wondering what CMA or SMA style to begin focusing on, since it is just the two players, I have been thinking on getting a different technique from Kenji's main style to help us broaden out our abilities. Perhaps the Charcoal March of Spiders style? Hmmm. Much to ponder.

I'll have a post up for you guys hopefully a little later today or tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have had a busy week, and should be able to get a post up later today.

Thanks for your understanding. I have a appointment with my lawyer trying to get full custody of my niece later today; hopefully her mother will sign the papers without having to go to court and fight in front of a judge. Pretty crazy stuff going on.

No problem at all. Given that my own job is in the Justice/Law field I can understand that such proceedings can take their toll on all parties, both in terms of time and in terms of the emotional and financial burden involved.

Psychie Psychie Ebon_Arbiter Ebon_Arbiter Due to my being a forgetful schmuck, I have let this game go by the wayside. Thanks to Ebon_Arbiter, I've gotten a nudge to resurrect this board, and Psy has replied to my PM saying she's still in, too. Give me a day to reacquaint myself with what I've got posted, and we'll continue.

And did you notice that I didn't disagree with you about being a schmuck? <bats eyes coyly>

Not a problem. Unless you are trying to raise your Essence, most of the time I won't be stressing on training times.

Since we're on that, I was thinking of acquiring an SMA charm, probably God Ways from the Prismatic Arrangement of Creatio, since it's the style I've started on and also it can open the way to acquire one of its form-type charms afterwards [Games of Divinity form], given that I already have its other prerequisite charm (Exalt Ways].

Admittedly though the prospect of re-establishing contact with Axtis Jen, who is proficient in two other Sidereal Martial arts is also interesting, but it might be better to stick with the style I've already started on and see how things go :)

EDIT: Would I need to take into consideration anything different in terms of training time to acquire that charm Sherwood?

EDIT: Would I need to take into consideration anything different in terms of training time to acquire that charm Sherwood?
I think you're good to go. If you want the Charm, go ahead and add it to your sheet. As I posted earlier, most of the time I am not going to worry about training times, unless you are in the middle of a combat or there is some story-driven reason to make you wait.

I think you're good to go. If you want the Charm, go ahead and add it to your sheet. As I posted earlier, most of the time I am not going to worry about training times, unless you are in the middle of a combat or there is some story-driven reason to make you wait.

Thanks. Added it in my character sheet accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back