• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Experiment

Scaddox

Formerly Funny.
Underground, somewhere south of dystopian London, a facility has been created by 'Medicorp' (Yeah it's tacky, I'm up for suggestions to the company name), a public organisation creating new prescription drugs in order to test the side effects of their medicine.

Subjects are given a drug on the way into the facility, causing an amnesiac effect that causes them to lose all of their memories. A reverse drug is given upon exit of the facility, causing all previous memories to be returned, and all memories of the facility to be removed, in order to prevent the discovery of Medicorp's underground facility. After a major blackout occurs, leaving the patients in darkness for several hours, the doctors and scientists are no longer seen, and it can be assumed that the patients won't be let out anytime soon, and it is likely that their memories will not be recovered.

In the roleplay, the patients will be forced to maintain the facility. Without their memories, they'll do their best to find out about themselves, the lives they used to lead and the skills they have to survive in a small underground complex no larger than a football pitch. There's a possibility for romance, situations, and general friendship. I think eight people would be an ideal size for this, given four pairings for romance.

Male Characters: LaDouxTromperie LaDouxTromperie , VectorPoint VectorPoint , August August
Female Characters: Scaddox Scaddox , M MiladySolo , Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123

Last edited:
Well, the thread isn't up yet, this is merely an interest check. Besides, a bio won't be necessary until later in the RP, if ever.

Definitely interested.

Though I'm curious if second-nature skills, muscle-memory, and knowledge will remain in spite of memory loss. i.e. If the person was a skilled dancer, though they can no longer remember specific details of who they are (no name, age, memory of home or family, etc.), they can still recite dance terms, and they can still dance quite well. Would that be the case, more or less?

Definitely interested.

Though I'm curious if second-nature skills, muscle-memory, and knowledge will remain in spite of memory loss. i.e. If the person was a skilled dancer, though they can no longer remember specific details of who they are (no name, age, memory of home or family, etc.), they can still recite dance terms, and they can still dance quite well. Would that be the case, more or less?
I'd say they'd have some difficulty initially, but most if not all skills would return, as you say, they are muscle memory, but knowledge of a lot of things would likely be gone.

I'd say they'd have some difficulty initially, but most if not all skills would return, as you say, they are muscle memory, but knowledge of a lot of things would likely be gone.

Understood! Thank you for clearing that up for me. Only asking because should you decide to start this specific storyline, I would be bringing in a doctor character if you'll have me. Cheers.

it's been a while since I've been on (trying the app now) but I'd like to join as a male character please?

it's been a while since I've been on (trying the app now) but I'd like to join as a male character please?
Sorry, but I'd rather have someone that has a bigger record of writing on the site, as I'm unable to gauge how well you write.

If you're ever in need of more characters, I'd love to join as a female! I know I'm new to the site, but I really like this storyline and can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks!

Been a while since I've been on the site, but your concept is quite the interesting one! Would be happy to join in. No real preference to male or female, whatever's needed.

Willing to do a female, my writing tends to vary from topic to topic but usually I do atleast a scentince minimum (sometimes it's all you need(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back