• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Expanse (Canon/Canon or OC) Season 5 Spoilers Inside

giphy.gif

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE POST.
I know it's a long one, but it covers a lot of questions you might have.

Sup, my dudes! This search thread is for the fandom The Expanse so if you've come here for anything else, you'll wanna back out now.

I'm presently all caught up with the show and working on Leviathan Wakes (while slowly rewatching the show).
I prefer our potential roleplay take place after season 3, when the Ring Gates are open, but I am up for hearing your other ideas.

I want you, potential partner, to play Amos Burton for me (either for my OC or Clarissa Mao).
In return, I can play nobody (if we don't double up) or anybody. I'd love to play Bobbi or Alex, but honestly, I'm game for whoever.
(Well, okay. I take that back. I have negative desire to play Marco Inaros or Murty. Fuck those two.)

I'd like our roleplay to be Expansive. (Ha...get it??) What I mean is that I want to be able to bounce headcanons back and forth,
to build a plot together. Too many times are in such a hurry to get started (which trust me, I am too sometimes),
but it doesn't give us enough time to get excited. I like having even a vague idea of where our roleplay is going.

To the nitty gritty - my limits are your limits. As you may know, The Expanse brings up some difficult topics.
If there's anything in the Expanse that bothers you, please tell me so we can try to steer clear of it.
However, I will say that I don't want to completely brush aside Amos' abuse (especially since it's WHY he is who he is).

I like my posts like I like my meals - with the appetizer, salad, entrΓ©e, AND dessert. Sure, meat and potatoes will fill ya up,
but all the delicious details are what make me love roleplaying. I don't care if my character won't hear your character's internal dialogue,
I just like knowing what's going through their mind. It's one of the reasons I read in the first place. I want substance in your post.
Not just dialogue and actions.

That being said, I think somewhere between 400 - 1000 words per post is adequate. Of course, if we decide on a faster paced roleplay,
I'm fine with less. On a similar note, have at least a high school level, uh, grasp? of the English language. Trust me,
I understand accidentally using 'their' instead of 'there' and vice versa, but when the errors accumulate, they become distracting.
And no, this doesn't necessarily include stylistic choices like conjunctions at the start of sentences or technical stuff like that.

I am not a stickler when it comes to "Mary Sues." As a wise roleplay partner once told me, too many times are guys let off for being
Sues, but women are targeted. My own OC could be seen as a Sue, but don't you dare tell me Holden isn't a bit Sue-ish, mmmkay?
The fact that him and the Rocinante crew (excluding Alex @ the end of season 5 [which is because of the actor, not an actual plot point])
have survived this long? Come ooooon. If we're gonna throw an OC or two at them, they should be of the same caliber, right?

That's all I've got for now! I do have Discord for chatting OOC, but I'm a-okay with everything being on site.
PM me with any relevant questions or propositions you might have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back