• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Elder Scrolls :: A New Rule (restart) - OOC

Depends on whether you want to ruin your horse's knees or not, or kill it outright. If you're kind to your horse, you'll allow it rest, walk most of the time, or a reasonable trot - a gallop can be kept up for a few miles if it's a well conditioned horse before it'll need to rest. You'll also need to stop for water, and I wouldn't recommend the stuff outside Ilinalta.

On horse back, rest included, at best, I'd say the better part of a day - perhaps half a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I always try to stretch out 'travelling' posts, because it gives it a more realistic feel when compared to how much is done by characters that aren't moving (sort of like real-time RPing). This sort of instance is easier if you have more than one character, because it means I can ignore the travelling one (Evangeline for example) and focus on the events surrounding the others. Then I don't have describe every second of her long and uneventful journey, and can just give snippets.

So having his journey split into a few posts is a good idea.

Forgot to add to my character sheet, so I'll do that right now, but because of Sun's expertise in the Sneak skill tree, and his mental age being extremely discordant with his physical one, he suffers from bouts of personality loss, and slips between the mindset of an adolescent and adult. It maintains how he appears on the outside, but robs him of the tact and precision an adult would normally have consistently.

@The Daemon Sultan @Slothtastic @coold00d12 @ProxCnC @GreenEyedStranger

There's some confusion/ misunderstanding as to the time of day. Right now, in the RP, it is late morning, about 11am.

Two ways to avoid this. Referring to the time of day, and weather must be based off one person's posts, and change when they change it; then we're all on the same page. Or, we just promise to keep a close eye on mentions of time of day, and make reasonable assumptions as to how much time has passed since the last reference.

Also, the month is Hearthfire, so it'll be mostly Autumnal and Wintery weather.

Gotcha. I'll fix it up.

EDIT: Edited, only included one reference to the time of day. I'll avoid further allusions in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just let Vaun think it was full afternoon because that's how he manually judges the time :)

I blanked.

Is everyone at Riften still? I can always have Zion be in Riften this time.

@Taure Tavari lol I actually edited my post here saying I was gonna edit the guard but then saw Evangeline reacting to it :D  

P.S. - You're right, that guard was stupid as oblivion. Oh how I'm making things easy for Vaun lol 
P.P.S. - We're lacking females in this RP. I suppose I can make one by the start of Christmas break :)  

*facepalm* 

So she's an experimented Nord, a girl who has wings, two katanas, and is lesbian?

Yep. this RP is officially in the sexist section thank you very much 

:D  

Don't worry, Amelie is bisexual (no, that's not apt... she's sexually pragmatic - she'll do what suits the situation)... not that she'd ever fraternise herself with a human... except Veronica Fairbridge, but she's been dead for centuries.

Hello, sorry I didn't reply before. I understand your concerns about my character and I have edited him, removing the Daedra prince stuff. The idea is a brainchild of mine I haven't completely figured out how to make plausible anyway, so I have no problem editing it.

@Taure Tavari

That is good, now all I have to do is figure out how I am going to introduce him into the story.

Well, if it helps, there'll be an important plot point coming up soon. I'll be posting my next post tomorrow, and it will only be a few until this really gets kick started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back