• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Elder Scrolls :: A New Rule (restart) - OOC

Wackadoodle0987

Arch-Magnate of the Beau Monde Patriciate
Link to the Main RP (IC)
Submit a Character Application ::

FOREWORD ::

This is a reboot of another roleplay, as mentioned in the title, due to the GM... well, GMing... (going missing).

-----------------------------------------------------

This will be the sub-forum for all content associated with The Elder Scrolls :: A New Rule. With its creation, we implore that you keep all OOC chat out of the IC (including after post messages) - you can just put it here. Tags in the IC (if you use them) are fine.This shall also be the place for nonsensical chat. :D

For those coming from the old RP, I recommend that you put another character application in the appropriate sub-forum. This is for a couple reasons. First, it allows us to keep track of exactly who is staying with the RP, and which characters you will be using. It presents the opportunity to make changes to your characters, or use different ones, if you feel the desire to. And lastly, it means that any newcomers to this RP will be able to understand your characters (as they won't have prior experience).

To all new RPers, please, if you wish to join the RP, you are welcome. However, you will have to submit a Character Application (through the link provided above) for acceptance. This allows us to determine the 'lore-friendliness' (we're not excessively strict [I am, but that's why we have others :D]), to ensure no gary-stus or mary-sues, and to make sure your characters don't have an unfair advantage. It also allows us to keep track of who is coming into the RP.

After submitting a character application, please wait until either I (@Taure Tavari) or @SolistheSun reply with either an acceptance (most likely) or requested editions (unlikely) -- this list of 'GMs' will probably expand, as the rebooting of this RP was a group effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. :D  - But don't expect anything from me yet. I wasn't going to start posting until at least everyone from the old RP (that was a part of the reboot chat) was ready to go, or at least had said whether we should begin without them.

Others, feel free to post though, if you want to get this thing started already. (As I've reiterated many times, this is a group thing)

@Yohimitsu - Please put your CS from the old RP in this new one :D  -- So new characters know who you are.

PS - Totally didn't copy/edit a post from the old RP... :/

So Vaun's a bit lonely and he's currently hunting for vampires. I think this is a good way for our characters to meet, @Taure Tavari, if you don't mind, may I ask if your vampire sisters are famous in the vampire faction? Maybe I could get a contact in Movarth's Lair about your movements and find something out? If the idea's not that good. We could always think about another way for all our characters to meet, right? 

@ProxCnC - No, House Montclair have nothing to do with any other vampires, apart from a few other vampire houses in High Rock and Cyrodiil also part of the Lamae Bloodline. They despise their 'lesser' kin, and consider them no more than rabid beasts; and would happily kill them just as any other. The Montclairs are more 'infamous' among vampire clans, but certainly none of them would know about the Montclairs' movements. And my intention is to go to Whiterun, and then for something to occur that should inspire us all to move to one location.

It doesn't help that everyone's dotted themselves around the Province. :/

Will you be the one to make it that happen (inspiring us to move to Whiterun, I mean)? Or should I let my Vaun introduce himself to the protagonists by doing something oppressive or something :/  

Entirely up to you. All I'm saying is that when my characters are in Whiterun, anyone that is still 'doing there own thing' will be encouraged to group together (because staying separate for too long is bad for business). What anyone does before then, whether its make their own way to Whiterun for some reason and meet up with my characters, or continue doing what they're doing, us up to them.

@Slothtastic @ProxCnC - Regarding your question. I don't know what spells are in this Apocalypse mod, but so long as they are within reasonable boundaries of the schools of magic, it is fine. Please bear in mind your character's magical affinity when using magicka though. :)

Also, a couple things. Quick and easy, please could you hide the OOC questions from the IC sub-forum? ;-: It's messy. xD  The link to this OOC chat is at the top of the first page in the IC, if you didn't spot it (as are links to everywhere at the top of the first page of each sub forum) :) .

More importantly, please can we keep consecutive posts to a maximum of two? Not all of us are so available to post as frequently, and now that you guys are already in Whiterun, that's time-skipped everyone else by at least two days, which we're going to have to make up for in our next posts. It makes keeping everyone on the "same page" much easier. Sorry.

Sorry for not jumping in earlier. Got a lot of things in my life keeping me busy. I'll see if I can get my other two characters up first, and then I'll try to make a post later.

Just do it like I did :) Copy the whole text then past it on the reply comment tab then remove the formatting :)  

@GreenEyedStranger - Sorry, I didn't know it was hard to read. My theme is set to "The Night Life" if that makes any difference, but I use the default font, colour and everything else so the issue is with the site's formatting... again, sorry.

To me, I see light grey, almost white text, with a black background.

@Taure Tavari I actually had issues with that too before but I set my theme permanently to default. You should try that too because when a default theme is displaying a Night Life theme, all it shows is just completely black with barely any text that can be seen :)

@ProxCnC - Ain't nobody ever gonna beat Taure in a battle of words or wills. :D  Kudos for trying, and good luck if you continue to do so.

PS - I rarely RP such late (on the timeline) stories, and so Taure is different to how I usually play him. He's grumpier, less tolerant, and generally more of a miserable old git.

@Taure Tavari oh the curse of not-being-a-politician curse! :D  hahahaha Taure should be a lawyer in real life lol

and yeah Vaun is actually based on my most favorite book and it's called Faith and Fire. Look it up if you want to :D  He's the main villain actually and he's real good at it. Thought I just wanted to reincarnate him here. 

Ilinita's Deep is really not that far right? So I guess, I'll be waiting for maybe one more post before posting again. 

@ProxCnC Well, a lot of people treat distances as small, because they don't take long to travel in-game, but an RP isn't a game. I treat distances more realistically when concerning what is essentially a country, and base times more akin to how they're treated in the few books.

Even then, if you were to walk in the game from Whiterun to Ilinalta's Deep, it would take several hours - multiply that by a factor of 'we're not looking to make everything short because we now make games that cater to 4-year olds with no attention span and would just get bored' and limitations of software in 2011, the actual size of Skyrim would be a lot larger.

Also... have you played ESO? Gives a much better indication of the size of a province.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back