• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Ebon Embers need you!

Bakuyoshi

The lord of shipping
Ever wanted to fight wanted to raise your arms to fight yet felt no need to commit to a single nation? Felt that being in any form of town guard or Millitia was just not right? Are you feeling restricted with where life seems to drag you? If any of these are yes then the Ebon Embers are looking for people with that mindset. We take jobs wherever we go and our allegiance never remains with one single nation. At the moment many different skill sets are welcome, we need warriors, Medics, Those good with animals, and if need be you don't have to know anything. We could easily teach you the finer points of combat and swordplay. And for joining you got yourself a little family in all of us and a roof over your head. And if you do choose to join, get ready to be the start of a new fire.

The idea of this Rp is to play as a mercenary group going through some hard times, we are starting from nothing and going back up to the top.

The setting is something between a lighthearted Journey and a Darker Story, and this is more like medieval fantasy where magic is rare and various races are available. My character and my co-GM character are going to be the leaders of this mercenary company, who were once the leaders of another but something happened to it. Every player is basically a new recruit to this company.

The goals of this Rp are as simple, this mercenary Company is trying to become more famous and renowned, we are to deal with troubles from our pasts and deal with them, and to exact revenge.

Archdemon Archdemon

Last edited:
Hm, i do have a character that would fit in the whole setting of the group perfectly and that i really want to use more.

The issue is that she is already a capable swordswoman and changing that fact destroys her whole backstory.

So here my question, does meaning "being a recruit" only mean being new to the organisation, could they have been freelancers before?

Interested!

Quick question though, would it be possible to play a character that has a griffin for a friend? I've got a character in mind who already exists and I want to know if I should use the griffin too.

OK apologies for the wait, just got up and came back to see this. So best get some answers for thy questions.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof You can have any form of progress before joining the group. In fact it may be good way to be recruited for good skill. More skill means an easier time getting in

Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr Sadly a griffin would be considered an extremely rare creature and with the world they are very aggressive. I would have to say no to the griffin.

OK apologies for the wait, just got up and came back to see this. So best get some answers for thy questions.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof You can have any form of progress before joining the group. In fact it may be good way to be recruited for good skill. More skill means an easier time getting in

Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr Sadly a griffin would be considered an extremely rare creature and with the world they are very aggressive. I would have to say no to the griffin.
Are elves living in that world? My character is an elf, meaning she would also have a little age advantage on a bunch of the people there. Is that possible?

Oh the Races, we are allowing all forms of Elf, by that I mean High elves, Wood elves, and Dark elves, with High elves being the stereotypical elf.

But for the rest of the races
Human
Dwarf
Elves
Tritons
Dragonborne (No not the Skyrim kind)
Orcs

Oh the Races, we are allowing all forms of Elf, by that I mean High elves, Wood elves, and Dark elves, with High elves being the stereotypical elf.

But for the rest of the races
Human
Dwarf
Elves
Tritons
Dragonborne (No not the Skyrim kind)
Orcs
Could i dm you about my character? Theres a bit of lore things that´d need to be cleared up and i dont wanna spam this thread.

The CS is already done, so here is the Link. Also most of the stuff we want is there but if you'd like to add more detail to the CS that's okay. I like reading your CS's no matter how detailed they are.

Fantasy - The Chronicles of the Ebony Embers (CS)

Okay.

I see a "max" of 4 paragraphs for a bio... That's kind of a bummer. But oh well.

Anyway, what would your and Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi 's policy be about a player who wants to play two characters such as a pair of old friends or lovers? If that's not allowed I'm fine with it, but I have been having a desire to do that lately in whatever the next RP I either started or joined was.

Oh, also what are the big (or small) differences between Dark and High Elves, and what does a Dragonborn look like?

I will say yes, Not the lovers but the old friends, And if you believe you can do it that is also fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back