• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Driftwood Throne - A Game of Thrones RP Interest Check

Alright. The wait is over. The official thread will be up before this Sunday! But for those of you incredibly anxious to get started, you can begin on the character sheet today!
General Information:
General information about the character.

Name:
Title(s):
Moniker(s):

General History:
Events that have taken place over the characters life. Please include things such as a character’s ambitions and their origins, how a character reacted to lore events that occured in their proximity, and their opinions on various relevant people.

Biography:

Practical skills and weaknesses a character has and how they developed them. This includes things such as martial prowess or proficiency with a musical instrument. This is NOT a place to write subjective skills such as intelligence and charm, as they shall be determined in character.

Practical Skills and Weaknesses:

General Questions

Two questions must be picked from each category. Answers can be any length, but a few sentences is advised. The Martial category is optional if it doesn’t apply to your character.

Casual
* If you're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line, what do you do?
* If you're in an inn and you don't have enough coin to pay for ale, what do you do?
* An attractive person catches your eye, how do you respond?
* A group of suspicious characters in armour are whispering in the corner of the inn, they are armed, how do you respond?

Martial
* You've been placed in charge of an army, what's your general approach?
* You're in charge of a fortress under siege, you're running out of supply, the civilians are starving, how do you respond?
* Arthur Dayne has challenged you to a formal duel tomorrow evening, how do you respond?
* How do you react to entering a battle against grim odds?

Lordly
* A member of another house has insulted a member of your close family, how do you respond?
* Your hypothetical sibling is engaged to, their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful, what do you do?
* Your hypothetical sister is betrothed to Arthur Dayne, but she's in love with a butcher's son, how do you proceed?
* Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers, how do you respond?

Godly
* Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree?
- If you're not faithful, explain why:
* Marriage, oath of fealty to your lord, oath of fealty to the king, oath to the gods, which takes precedence over the others?
* If you're in a room with a sword, and you have to kill the your religious head, Arthur Dayne or your mother, who do you kill?
* Someone is openly questioning your faith, how open are you to their reforms, or are they a heretic?

In order to be approved, GMs will ask a specific question or two about your character, with the intention of helping them to be better understood and more fleshed out. Once this question is answered, the character is approved.

Take your time filling them out! It would be easiest if you do this in a google documents, rather than here or the discord!
I'll also show interest in this. Seems neat. :)
Great! If you want to join the discord, the link is at the very bottom of the page! We're more active there, discussing our future characters!

TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt
I'd also like to participate in this. Will be joining the discord shortly.

Also, I rarely like writing as canon characters so would a lady, lord or something of that nature work for this roleplay? I feel like I just asked a stupid question. lol

TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt
I'd also like to participate in this. Will be joining the discord shortly.

Also, I rarely like writing as canon characters so would a lady, lord or something of that nature work for this roleplay? I feel like I just asked a stupid question. lol
No worries! This entire RP is AU, with no hint of canon characters existing for a generation. Anything and everything should be custom made by the players!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back