• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Day Haru Was Taken Away (Free! Rp)

Makoto was a bit disappointed to hear that the only thing he could do was be around Haru, but he was also a bit happy. It meant that Haru wanted him around, and really, what more did Makoto need?

He smiled at Haru, showing all of his teeth. "I think I can do that much for you. I want you to be happy too, and my hope is that after we get you better and back home, that we can work on finding your purpose. Hopefully, together, if you'd have me."

Haru relaxed seeing Makoto smile like that, it added a bit of light to his life and he made a small nod. As much as he felt hopeless, he really wished that with Makoto working with him they could fix everything.

"...I'm going to keep having my bad days Makoto... Even with us trying to make things better...I will still have days where I feel like this.." He warned. It wasn't a lie, he still felt terrible, he still wished he could be dead... But he didn't want to upset Makoto anymore, that was one of the only things getting him to agree to try and find a purpose.

"...I don't want to live right now... I wish that wasn't true but... I really don't want to... But....I don't want to hurt you so... I'll do my best..."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thank you." It was a simple two words, but it was all he needed to say. They would do better starting now. And that meant making sure that Haru's stay at the hospital was purposeful and comfortable.

Remembering what the doctor said about Haru's medicine, Makoto noticed the cup of pills and glass of water that had been placed on a table by the door. He retrieved it and brought it back to Haru, "You should take this and then try to get some sleep. I can tell it's going to be a long day, for both of us."

Haru made a tiny nod and sighed. He hesitantly took the medicine and water, once he took the medicine he followed it up with a couple sips of water, it was obvious by his wincing that it hurt to swallow.

Haru tried to move over to one edge of the bed, as if trying to make room. "...I want you to lay down with me..." He said quietly.

"O-okay," his voice was soft, his initial shock evident. Makoto hadn't expected such a request, but he also wasn't one to refuse Haru. Moving as consciously as possible, Makoto tentatively slid into the space next to Haru.

Was it just him, or did Haru look incredibly smaller whenever he was in a hospital? Maybe it was the large bed and various medical tubes running from his arms, but Makoto swore he looked practically miniscule. Small enough for even a tiny breath to knock him over.

Despite the large bed, Makoto was still a little squished, his arm against Haru's. He blamed his overly-broad shoulders. But the warmth that was building where their arms touched seemed to make his small complaint fade away. "Did they tell you how long you have to stay here while I was on the phone?"

Haru watched as Makoto climbed into bed, relaxing as he did and snuggling up as best as he could.

"They told me once they think I won't kill myself again I can be discharged.." Haru said quietly with a sigh.

"Are you comfortable...?" He asked after a moment, looking up at Makoto and biting his lip as he did.

I'm always comfortable as long as I'm next to you...

Is what he would say if it wasn't so damn cheesy. "A little cramped, but it's no big deal. What about you? If you're cold, I could go hunt down a blanket for you. Or a pillow. Anything, really. Whatever you need."

His voice trailed off when he realized that he'd once again, unconsciously switched into mom mode. It was just so easy to worry about and dote over Haru, especially in the hospital setting.

Haru shook his head, holding onto Makoto and relaxing. "You're like my own personal furnace... I'm fine.." He said quietly and rested his head against Makoto.

"...I love you." He added after a moment, blushing as he spoke. He just felt like he had to say it after everything that happened. He had to try and make it up to Makoto.

Makoto's chest swelled as he draped his arm around Haru. "I love you too." So, so much. More than Makoto could ever hope to explain. He was happy that Haru still loved him- to be honest, he was scared Haru would hate him after not letting his suicide attempt succeed.

"We should do something fun after you recover," he mused to himself, "We could take a trip somewhere, just you and me. Though Nagisa will never let us hear the end of it if we don't invite him," he chuckled.

Haru relaxed when Makoto said that and yawned, comfortable being cuddled up to the other.

"Let him be mad... I want it to just be us...somewhere nice.." He said, his voice showing how tired he was right now. He closed his eyes, getting ready to rest.

Makoto's fingers found their way between Haru's hair as he brushed through it. "You should try to get some sleep, love. I'll be right here when you wake up." He placed a kiss on the top of Haru's head.

//Sorry it's so short//

Haru blushed and made a small nod soon falling asleep.

After, when he woke up he started coughing and winced.

//Sure, I'll do it now :)//

Haru's stay at the hospital wound up being longer than Makoto originally expected. Before, he'd thought a couple of days, at most a week. But in actuality, it became weeks. Still, Makoto wasn't complaining.

The neck wound hadn't taken terribly long to heal, but the doctors had wanted to keep Haru until they were sure he was stable enough. After all, they didn't want to send Haru home only for him to attempt suicide again. It made sense, but Makoto was happy to be leaving.

Right now, Makoto was just entering the hospital. He'd gone home the night before to prepare a surprise for Haru back at the apartment; he hoped that he'd like it.

When he got to Haru's door, he knocked in case he was getting dressed or taking a bath.

//i just got home from work and it was good until right when I was leaving there was this really bitchy lady and now I want to cry :c

Haru was eager to get out of the stuffy hospital room, he had known it would take a long time before he could but he hadn't expected weeks.

He had refused to face his friends or family in that time, only wanting to be near Makoto. He did talk on the phone with everyone, though, just to make sure they knew he was okay.

When there was a knock on the door he relaxed, knowing it was Makoto. "Come in..." He said, he had just finished getting dressed and had been looking at himself in the mirror, there was a large scar on his neck still.

Makoto gripped the doorknob to anchor himself before pushing the door open. He'd been harboring an irrational fear all night that Haru's condition would've suddenly turned for the worst. Those fears were alleviated, however, when he saw said boy standing in the middle of his room looking fresh and healthy.

The sight was enough to bring a smile to Makoto's face. "Good morning, beautiful. Ready to go?"

Haru blushed when Makoto called him that and looked away. "I'm not beautiful..." He mumbled and sighed. "But yes... I'm ready to go..." He added after a moment and walked over to Makoto.

Haru grabbed Makoto's hand and went to leave the room. "...I can't wait to get out of here..." He said with a sigh.

Makoto's smile widened when he felt Haru slip his hand around Makoto's, fitting perfectly. They checked out and left the hospital as if they'd never been there. As if this wasn't the second time they'd done this.

While in the car, Makoto could barely contain his excitement about the surprise waiting at home for Haru. It wasn't too extravagant, and since it was mid day, none of their friends could get away from work to come, but that was okay. All Makoto needed was Haru.

Not wanting to let his enthusiasm give him away, Makoto turned on the radio to distract his thoughts. Immediately, some sugary pop song started filtering through the speakers. Makoto groaned, "This song has been stuck in my head all day." He changed the channels but no luck, everything else was playing a commercial. "What do you think of it, Haru?"

Haru held onto Makoto's hand a little tighter as they left the hospital, he just wanted to get back home and shut himself away from the world again, just him and Makoto. Though, Haru was still slightly nervous to go back home, he was scared that things may get worse...

As they were in the car, Haru looked out the window, watching all the people and cars around them wondering if any of their lives were like his... He doubted it.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Makoto spoke up, he looked over, blinking a couple of times as he did. "..It's okay I guess... It reminds me of you. You're very peppy." He said after a couple moments.

Peppy? Was it weird that the statement made Makoto kind of...happy? No one would've even dreamed of calling Makoto peppy during the five years of Haru's disappearance. Quite the opposite, he would've been described as trite, stoic, and to-the-point. But now that Haru had re-entered into Makoto's life, he was starting to find that he was changing drastically (though for better or for worse was anyone's guess).

Still, Makoto smiled all the same. The hospital was fairly close to Makoto's apartment so it really didn't take terribly too long to get there. When Makoto parked the car, he exited and went around to the other side. Opening the passenger door, Makoto reached his hand in to help Haru out.

This was actually a quirk that his dad had taught him years ago to help him pick up girls. Seeing as how well that plan turned out, Makoto thought he'd instead try it on Haru.

Haru watched as they got to the parking lot of the apartment complex. He blinked when Makoto opened the door and held out his hand but none the less took it and stood. "Thank you..." He mumbled, a slight blush on his cheeks.

He stayed close to Makoto and went to walk to the apartment. "...How is Saba Hime..? And... Was the kitchen cleaned...?" Haru asked, his voice quiet as he spoke and slightly nervous. He didn't want to see his blood all over the kitchen floor... And he felt terrible that Saba Hime had been left alone for the past weeks because Haru was in the hospital and Makoto was staying by his side.

Part of Haru was nervous to get back to this life, this life of staying in the house and practically hiding in fear of the world around him, the life where he was left alone with the voices in his head while Makoto went to workout or get groceries... Usually, when he was with Makoto, the voices didn't bother him as much, it was the worst when he was alone though, even now with the medicine he was taking.

"Yup, it's all clean. Actually, it's probably cleaner than it's ever been," Makoto confessed as he fiddled with the door. "As for the princess, I think she missed you a lot. Whenever I'd come home to change clothes she'd always look at the door like she was expecting you to walking right after me. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you again, though she'll never let you know it." Saba-hime would, at most, let Haru pet her a couple of times before demanding food. That's just the kind of cat that she was, and yes, Makoto did realize that it was partially (well, mostly) his fault for spoiling her so much.

Makoto had to jiggle the door open since it still didn't quite fit as it should in his doorframe (he made a mental note to fix that problem later), but he still managed to get inside. There, he was met with the "surprise" that he'd set up for Haru. It wasn't anything extravagant, but that didn't matter. A "Welcome Home, Haru!" sign was the first thing that was visible from the doorway, stretched out against the wall. Nagisa and Rei had put multiple hours into making it the "most beautiful welcome sign", as Rei had put it.

In the kitchen was a breakfast that Rin had been nice enough to help Makoto put together right before Makoto left to pick up Haru since, truthfully, Makoto was worried about doing such a daunting task alone. On the table were pancakes, fruit salad, eggs, and sausage. The table was already set for two and ready to eat. "Welcome home, Haru," Makoto greeted warmly, a smile smile on his face.

Haru relaxed hearing that the kitchen was clean now, he didn't know what he would do if it still held spots of blood from his attempt. He let out a soft sigh as wel after hearing Saba Hime was okay just missing him. He missed the cat as well, even if she wasn't too cuddly, she was the right mix of independent and lovable. "I missed her too... It'll be good to be home..." Haru said softly.

He watched as Makoto opened the door, looking into the apartment his eyes widened, first laying eyes on the sign. He hadn't expected anything to be set up here for him, he just expected to get home and maybe have something to eat that wasn't spoiled before laying down, but he wasn't disappointed. Haru was actually a bit happy, even.

Haru's eyes landed on the breakfast, he wondered who did that considering he never allowed Makoto in the kitchen... He was more of a liability in there than anything. Still, everything looked delicious. He could tell his friends helped out with this which made it even more special to him.

Haru's eyes landed on Makoto and he blushed slightly. "..I'm home." He said quietly, a soft expression in his eyes as he seemed relieved, happy even. He went to walk inside and take off his shoes, more relaxed now.

//Sorry for not being on much. I've been having midterms all week DX//

Makoto kicked off his shoes and put his coat on the coat rack by the door. He could tell by Haru's movements alone that he was glad to be home. Home. The meaning of that word had changed tremendously over the past few months for Makoto. Before, it was just a place to eat, sleep, and change clothes in. But now, it meant a lot more. It mean love and safety, relaxation and family, and, most importantly, it meant Haru.

Makoto walked into the kitchen to start preparing the table for said special person. He pulled out a chair to sit, but found Saba-hime sitting in it, looking up at him as if he'd severely inconvenienced her. Rolling his eyes, he chose a different seat- he couldn't kick the princess off of her throne, after all.

Under the table, in his hands, he held a box. It was thin and long and wrapped in blue wrapping paper. The ribbon was silver. Makoto may not be very capable of cooking, but he could wrap a present like a pro. Was it a more useful skill than cooking? No. But was it still useful in incredibly situations such as this? Hell yeah. Makoto would take a win wherever he could get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back