• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Day Haru Was Taken Away (Free! Rp)

/Aww it's okay, I hope it went okay!//

Haru let out a small breath of relief, he had missed this place, surprisingly enough... Though he was nervous to go in the kitchen, he didn't want to be where he had tried to end his life just mere weeks ago.

Hesitantly, Haru went over to the table, as much as he didn't want to be near the kitchen, he didn't want to be alone either. He wished to be close to Makoto. It was where he felt the safest and the happiest.

Haru saw Saba Hime and blinked, he bent down onto his knees and pet her. "Hey... I missed you." He said, though he knew the cat wouldn't understand. After a couple pets, he stood, not wanting to overwhelm or bother the cat. He went to pull up his own chair to sit down. "...Thank you for all of this Makoto..." He said quietly. "I...I'm assuming the others helped too?" He asked after a moment.

"Haha, was it really that obvious?" he asked while putting food on his plate, "You're right, though. Rin came over this morning and helped cook the food. He wouldn't let me try to do it myself." Makoto rolled his eyes.

"But, I did this all by myself." Makoto pulled the present out from under the table and held it out to Haru. Inside was a long, grey scarf. Since it was going to start getting colder, Makoto thought that Haru could use something to keep him warm. And, since Haru was already self-conscious of the scars on his back, Makoto figured that he might want something to cover up his neck scar. A dual purpose gift, if you will.

"I'm glad you didn't cook alone... You'd probably start a fire..." Haru said watching Makoto. "Though, it would be a good way to get to know the firefighters you could be working with soon." He added, more in a way of teasing than anything. He went to put some food on his own plate after.

Haru's eyes widened when he saw the present, he hesitantly took the box, being delicate as he did. He looked up at Makoto. "..You didn't have to get me anything..." He said quietly, but seemed happy nonetheless. He carefully unwrapped the wrapping on the box, not wanting to destroy the wonderfully wrapped paper. Once opened, his eyes landed on the scarf. He picked it up and looked at it, he decided quickly that he liked it, it was soft and he liked anything from Makoto. He wrapped the scarf around his neck, glad that it also could cover the scar.

waterproofbacon said:
Nagisa started gushing about how much fun they were going to have while also trying to convince Rin to give skinny dipping a try. Makoto did think he'd go for it, but hey, it never hurt to try.
Still, he couldn't focus on them for too long, for he found his gaze locked onto Haru. His face was rather blank, a mirror of his younger days, and would tell any common person that Haru was feeling neutral. However, Makoto could tell just how excited his friend was. There was a new sparkle to Haru's eyes that hadn't been there needle. Makoto found that he loves that too.

"This is exciting news," said Makoto, "Do you want to try it?"
i need help with this i was wondering if u could help

if thats ok

//Also, could you please use pm or out of character chat so it won't be interrupting the roleplay?

"Thanks, but I don't think I'll be putting 'experienced kitchen fire-starter' on my resume," he said with a chuckle.

Makoto picked up his coffee mug and took a big swig, trying to hide the fact that he was watching Haru's every move, trying to gauge his reaction to the gift. A smile crossed his face when Haru put the scarf on. "I'm glad you like it- it looks good on you."

In fact, it looked even better on Haru than Makoto had originally thought.

"Aw but I'm sure they'd love that, they'd have a lot of fires to put out because of you." Haru teased.

Haru blushed at Makoto's compliment. "It's really soft.... Thank you.." He said, cuddling up in the scarf.

He went to start eating. "..you're too good of a boyfriend for me.." He said quietly.

Makoto smiled as he chewed. He very well could refute Haru by saying that no, he wasn't the best because of all of the times he'd screwed up in the past half year, but Makoto knew that he didn't need to do that. Haru was willing to look over everything he'd done wrong and instead see the best parts of Makoto. Makoto wanted to do the same.

"Thank you, Haru," his voice was soft and warm. Feeling like he was on the verge of saying something incredibly sappy, Makoto cleared his throat and changed subjects, "So, how's the food?"

Haru relaxed and continued eating. "The food is good." He said and smiled to him. "Maybe one day I'll try and teach you how to cook." He said, thinking about it for a moment. "As long as you're careful and don't hurt yourself while doing it." He added, knowing how much of a cluts Makoto can be.

"How close are you to becoming a firefighter..?" He asked after a couple moments, curious as to when Makoto would begin working again.

"That's what you'll be for; to make sure I don't accidentally chop off one of my fingers," Makoto teased playfully.

Makoto was surprised by the sudden question but not bothered. He took a few moments to consider before answering, "Well my training regimen has been going really well. I think I'm at the point where I'm happy enough with my level of abilities to start looking for test dates. I've been studying for the writing part and I think that if I just practice a little more that I can go take it whenever."

He looked at Haru, "I actually wanted to talk to you about this since I told you I'd wait for the test until you were sure that you were at least ready enough to be home alone for a whole day."

Back then, the thought of Haru ever not being okay had never even crossed Makoto's mind. How naive he used to be...

"I can wait to take the test for as long as you need, no problem. All I want to say is that when you're ready, I'm ready."

Haru rolled his eyes at Makoto's comment. "That's not my only purpose dummy." He teased but had a soft expression in his eyes.

He listened to Makoto speak about the test and bit his lip, he wanted Makoto to achieve his dream but he knew if he told Makoto it would be okay right now he'd be lying... And as happy as Makoto would be with his dream career, he wouldn't want Haru lyng and putting himself at risk for more anxiety and panic attacks.

"I'm glad to hear your progress is going well.." He started and sighed. "...I....I'm not ready to be alone yet though..." He admitted and bit his lip. "...I'll do my best to become ready...so you can achieve your dream." He assured after a moment.

"Thank you for being honest with me," he said earnestly, "We can wait as long as we need to- there's absolutely no rush."

Makoto thought Haru was...different. It was a subtle difference, one that was rather hard to define, but he could tell. Haru was beginning to be a little more open and confident around Makoto, though he doubted anyone else would've been able to spot the difference. Still, Makoto decided to take it as a sign of Haru's healing, "You have a cute smile," Makoto confessed with a smile of his own, "I'll have to do more stuff that'll get you to show it to me."

Haru made a tiny nod, relaxing as he realized there was no negative consequence of him telling Makoto... Makoto was happy and Haru felt relieved... It actually worked out in his favor.

Haru blushed when Makoto complimented his smile and looked away. "I feel like I look weird when I smile.." He admitted and bit his lip. "Your smile is a lot better than mine is.." He added after a moment, his voice quiet. It was true though, Haru felt as though his own smile was out of place, while Makoto's smile lit up rooms.

"That's just because I've had more practice than you."

He was referring to how his mother used to do a ton of different things to get him to smile as a baby since she was obsessed with taking pictures of him being cute. When he said he'd had practice since birth, he was by no way exaggerating.

"But," Makoto pointed out, "Yours is more special than mine. Nagisa says I hand my smiles out like free samples...whatever that means." Eye roll. "But yours is like a reward. I have to work for it but it's damn well worth it. And don't even get me started about your laugh. I swear, when you laughed in high school I saw stars!"

Yes, he was being uncharacteristic ally silly. He didn't really know why- maybe there was something in the orange juice?- but he also didn't mind. This moment, together with Haru, was all Makoto could've wished for.

Haru blushed and rolled his eyes. "I guess you have had your practice huh." He said and relaxed. He remembered how growing up Makoto always smiled... "But you have smiles that you reserve for only me..." He added quietly.

Haru blushed even more. "I didn't know my laughs did so much for you.." He added after a moment, maybe he could try and laugh a bit more for Makoto...at least that way he could see the other smile.

Haru continued eating and sipped his juice. "...so...um...what should we do after this?" He asked quietly.

Makoto paused, he hadn't exactly thought as far as after breakfast yet. "Um, I dunno. I think Rin and everyone else wanted to visit at some point, but I told them that since it was your first day back that we should save it for another day."

He shrugged, "We can do whatever you want, really. There's still about a week before we have to do anything important." And by important, he meant finish the doctor's trial, "Is there anything you want to do?"

Haru looked down at his plate and shrugged... He wasn't exactly sure what he wanted to do and they were quite limited to things in the house since Haru was too nervous to go outside and face the world.

"...We can cuddle.... Take a bath...Um... Watch a movie....Play something...." Haru listed, biting his lip as he tried to think what else they could do. "...I could always try on the dresses I got..." He mumbled quietly.

Oh shit, the dresses! What with the court trial and the suicide attempt, Makoto had completely forgotten about Haru's newest closet additions. Makoto would be lying if he said he wasn't excited to see them again, and now that some of the craziness had calmed down, maybe he could do just that.

"Well, it would be a waste to let such nice dresses sit in a box forever," his voice was light and a lopsided grin graced his face. "I wouldn't mind seeing you in a few of them."

"Okay.. We can clean everything up and then I'll try them on and show you them.." Haru said quietly, blushing a bit. He really hoped Makoto would like them...

"You'll have to tell me which one is your favorite.." He added after a moment, finishing his food and going to get up so he could clean his plate.

Makoto had finished his food by now so he stood and helped Haru clean up. Makoto found himself grateful for the thousandth time that he had invested in a dishwasher. It was a small thing to be happy about, but Makoto didn't care. There was just something so nice about being able to skip the hand washing and go straight to automatic cleaning. Rin had once told him that he'd never met someone so aware of their privileges as Makoto- he'd decided to take that as a compliment.

Suffice it to say, the clean up process was quick and painless, just the way Makoto liked it. Despite his efforts, a smile had worked its way across Makoto's face as the anticipation for Haru's mini fashion show began to grow. The box had remained untouched in the back of Makoto's closet ever since Haru had opened it weeks ago, but today that was going to change.

Haru was surprised by how quick everything had been cleaned up, though he didn't complain... Part of him wanted to see Makoto's reaction to the dresses... Before it had made the man get a bloody nose so... He hopefully would like it.

But what if it didn't live up to his expectations?

That thought made Haru slightly nervous. He wanted Makoto to like him in it but he was aware of how ruined his body was... Haru bit his lip and once they were done cleaning, looked towards Makoto's room. "...I'll go get one on... I'll be right back." He said and walked off. He easily found the box and took out the first dress, a blue and white striped dress, it went to about his knees and was fit to his body, the three quarter sleeves went on along his arms, revealing his shoulders. After a moment of hesitation, Haru left the room with the dress on.

//Sorry for not replying. I've been really sick for the past couple of days DX//

Makoto sat on the living room couch while he waited, twiddling his thumbs to keep his mind from wandering too much. It had been awhile since Makoto had seen the dresses, so long that he'd mostly forgotten what they looked like. A motion from the hallway caused his to look up, his eyes landing directly on Haru's frame.

Holy shit. The color of the dress was perfect: blue and white, which complimented his skin tone and paired with the deep blue of his eyes. It wasn't long, but it also wasn't short enough to be tacky, showing off Haru's killer legs. Best of all, it hugged every inch of Haru's skin that it touched, causing Makoto to see Haru's body in a much different way.

Makoto cleared his throat, "I- I like it. The color looks really nice on you. What do you think?"

//Aww, it's okay! How are you feeling?? I hope you get better!//

Haru looked at Makoto as he was eyed, blushing as he realized the other liked it. He was glad to hear it from Makoto, he had been so worried that the other would hate them... Especially since it was Makoto's money that paid for them. He still felt terrible about doing this without talking to Makoto first.

As Haru looked down at the dress, he bit his lip. "I like it... It's more comfortable than I would've thought..." He said, it was true. Sure, he had to get used to feeling a little airy on his legs, but the fabric was soft and the way it hugged his body was actually pretty nice.

"I'm glad to hear you like it.." He added after a moment, looking back up at Makoto.

//I'm feeling a lot better, thanks :)//

Makoto smiled when Haru said that he liked them as well. It meant that Makoto wasn't the only one gaining from the whole cross dressing thing.

Haru had pretty good taste, too. He wants to ask him more about the dress, but he decided to ask a more pressing question first.

"So, will I get to see the others or are you going to save them for later?" He didn't mean it, but by the time the words had left his mouth, he was left with a habitual smirk, a shadow of his more jaded self from before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back