• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark World (rp)

Vira

Tib199u.png

'You need money,' Ellie reminded, still trying to convince her sister. From her tone, she was obviously annoyed, thinking this had been resolved. 'Think about it. The gang taxes these people heavily. Where does all that money and supplies go?'

She frowned, staring ahead at darkened, empty road, stars appearing overhead as night came upon them. Ellie made a convincing argument there... 'The spoils of war,' she carried on. It was obvious to imagine a treasure trove, just.. sitting there, within the gang's hideout, wherever it was. Vira didn't imagine it would be that hard to find. It had to be close, with how overrun Svitch was with The One members. 'And you'd be doing doubly good: helping out these poor people.'

'Mhm... right.' She noncommittally responded. It sounded like a done deal. Go to The One base. Kick some ass. Probably stop and/or kill Big One. Then ??. -Profit? She could even imagine the visual representation of her plan before her. Written out on a whiteboard or something. It sounded too good to be true. Which it was. There were obvious risks involved. Just.. killing Big One, and stopping the gang's rule over this town wasn't so easy, otherwise someone would've done it already. There had probably been attempts before, honestly. None of which she imagined ended well.

Vira was done ruminating on such things, feeling resolved finally. She turned, and stopped, catching the dull pinkish eyes of some girl just.. standing there. Standing there staring at her. Both females looked at each other for a moment, before Vira decided this girl was a weirdo. Shivering, she mused aloud to where the girl probably heard, "Shha, creepy." Shaking her head, the chick turned back towards the path there, and headed back into town, walking beside the other girl. Glancing her way, Vira spoke up, "Yo, try not to be such a creeper. Not many are as forgiving as I am." An ironic statement considering who it was coming from. Vira knew if this girl bugged anyone, or overheard something, or saw something she shouldn't, that ill things could befall her. Faintly the battered and beaten image of that 'girl' from before flashed through her mind; she wondered if that was what happened with her. Maybe..

Vira then moved off through the town, looking in ever cranny, down every alley. She was trying to locate someone in specific. This place wasn't the biggest town, so there wasn't many places someone like that could go. Unless they were in hiding somewhere, of which Vira would have been annoyed with, then she should find him soon enough.

Ah! There he was! Honestly not too far away from that weird girl. The one kid who had come up to her at the counter of the tavern. Vira walked quickly, but calmly over, so as to not spook him. She tapped the kid on the shoulder, and bent down just a bit. She rummaged through her small bag, plucking the coinpurse from it, still heavy with the coins within. "Here kid, you keep this. I won't be needing it," Vira spoke bluntly to him, pushing the coinpurse right back into his hands. Using her own hands, she forced the kid's hands to gently wrap around it. With that done and out of the way, Vira turned on her heel saying, "Thanks anyway kid. Oh, and you did a good job. Now be smart, and stay safe." Before she walked off, disappearing down an ally.

"Hey!" She called, once in that alley. Glancing around in the dim gloom, she was anticipating someone to appear. "Hey!" Vira called again, expectantly. Eyes flashing, she called, "I know you're out there! You paid the kid to come get me. Alright, I'm here! What do you want? Show yourself! Hey!!"

Interacts: littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
Mentions: NyxDarling NyxDarling

It all happened within a second, oscar had been killed and gail had been severely injured. But einua pay little attention, the pain that wracked his entire body made everything foggy. Focusing on anything almost seemed impossible, the world seemingly spinning and shaking to him. Blood spilled into and against einua's lips and mouth, the taste of iron and the realization of how bloody hot his blood was, as it dripped down onto the concrete it sizzled and ate through the rock with ease. He tried to raise his hand in order to warn the two strangers who had come to help him, his blood would surely cause them harm. The thought of accidentally hurting his saviors seemed a bit silly,but this thought was muddled as he coughed up blood. He was hurting bad, he wouldnt be able to keep himself awake for much longer. It scared him, the idea of blacking out at the back of a bar, in a town he had never been to before. Where no one truly knew him or his name. And then a feminine voice rung out, and he swore it had asked him for his name. He chuckled, coughing up blood. What a thing to ask one that just had their bones kicked in, and was currently coughing up their own blood "I...its Einua." Shaky and broken, the words barely leaving his lips. He disjointedly pushed himself up into a sitting position, leaning against the wall of the bar. With a long breathe in he started to wheeze heavily, the tears still streamed lividly down his cheeks as the girl with long black hair stepped up to them, her blade glinting softly against a far off light. He closed his eyes as she spoke, her words lost in the sound of ringing that ran through his thoughts. The mentioning of a nurse inside the bar he had heard, and by the time he had opened his eyes, she was gone. If he remembered correctly, her name had been vira. He would have to thank her later as well. "t...thank you..for..saving me" He weakly gestured to them, a broken smile splaying across hislips as he tried to stand, only to fumble forward. "c..could you help me, get to that nurse?" His voice was soft and pleading, his gaze drifting up to meet theirs.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Nicholas sighs. His conversation with the girl had been fruitless. He hated to admit it but he needed help. He had been wandering for days before finding this town and was in pretty bad shape when he arrived. He wasn't going to leave until he was absolutely sure he knew where he was going next. Nicholas walks out of the bar once more and feels his chest tighten a little, the unconscious thugs were gone. They had probably scrambled to tell their boss about what had happened which meant Nicholas was in trouble. He had heard people talking about the person in charge of this town, they always sounded fearful when they talked of him Probably wasn't the best idea to attack his goons...I need to get out of here fast...But where do I go? The people here refuse to speak to me and I refuse to walk in a random direction until I find a town. Nicholas sighs once more and presses his back to the wall and slides down it until he's sat down. He looks at the street and the people walking around. He didn't belong here.

Anyone Anyone who cares

Scarlett O'Hare

Scarlett was surprised Patrick followed her out onto the street. It wasn't like she was in danger. Did he forget just WHO she was? She felt a small pang of guilt for making him worry though. Nobody had worried about her before, at least as far as she could remember. She tilted her head in confusion as Patrick asked her to NOT call him master. But that's who he was. He was her master, she was the pet. Wasn't that what she was supposed to refer to him as? You can't do anything so he doesn't want you as a pet. Scarlett shivered as her old master plagued her mind. She could feel every muscle in her body tightening in fear and anger. What have you done for them so far? You destroyed a bar that got this group on the run. You turned their campsite into a dust bowl. And you got involved in an argument when you should've just killed that Lucas boy. You've done nothing to help them. You should just come back, serve me once again. Scarlett shook her head wildly as the words of her master assailed her mind. Dropping her axe, the girl curled up on the ground just to the side of the entrance. She was trying to drown out the voice, just replace it with anything. Where was that sweet lilac smell when she needed it most?

Morgan Llewellyn

There was a kitten. A super adorable kitten. Morgan could feel her fingers digging into the table as she did her best not to immediately take the creature from this Snow girl and cuddle it. Well at least cuddle it against wherever she was clothed. Damn her façade. If only she was in private right now. She could love on the kitten as much as possible. The old man walking about the tavern was knew and once again he seemed to know people in the group. "What an interesting group you all have." Morgan decided with a quick look around that this group could be of use. "You seem to keep looking for people Miss. Does that mean you haven't seen everyone in your group?" Morgan leaned back taking another swig of her drink. "So, you have a small gang here. Very nice." The gears inside Morgan's head were turning wildly.

"It also seems like you all need money." Morgan continued on quietly as she contemplated how to word this. "This town is heavily oppressed by a gang called The One at the moment. And they have some crack pot leader who calls himself Big One. They're currently hoarding all of their ill-gotten loot in their hideout, somewhere near the town. It's a small secret that a majority of us townsfolk have agreed to give a fairly decent portion of the loot to whomever can get them out of the town. Seeing as how you all are outsiders, I was wondering if you'd be interested." Looking over to the counter, Tanya was seemingly having a difficult time keeping up with all the orders. "Something to think about, but if you do plan on going. I want to come with." Standing up she smiled. "Don't want you betraying us and making a deal with them if you decide to go." She waved over her shoulder before heading to Tanya, who immediately glared at her for coming over in the first place.

Khayn Powers

Petting, affection, oh this feels gooooooood. Being pet by the two females here got him purring loudly. It wasn't the first time that he'd been pet, but it was the first time that he'd been pet so affectionately. Nissa should take some lessons from these two. He chuckled as couldn't help but stretching out his toes and claws. "Mrow." He mewled as he climbed up onto Snow's shoulder and then to her head, curling up on top like it was natural. However, his ears flicked at the mention on The One. Khayn, so long as he could find a member, would be able to track them down, but fighting the gang on his own was out of the question. Part of him wanted to change forms and let this group know what he could do, but he decided to just lay there on his perch and listen to what the group decided to do.

littleberry littleberry Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Third and Fifth -

Third would so stare down Vira was she gave her the money bag. The Projection seem to have the idea to put a target practice at the Vira's back and order Fifth to shoot some arrows, maybe even start a competition. However, she had a more important job to do. When the victim spoke it's name, struggling for each every word, Third came to the conclusion that, whatever done to this poor child had nothing to do with the head - there was blood lose, yet that was that.

Fifth looked at the child as well and spoke, "We must get her inside-" the Third did not share eye contact as she responded with a dismissive shake of her head, "It's a he- and we can not arrive at the bar. There are rules." Fifth stopped from his rush aid in order to face the fact that Third had a sudden change of heart, "Then break them!" the Fifth whispered with a strong tone on his voice. The Third took his hands away and faced him instead of letting the wounded child hear them, "And then what, Fifth? We can not interfere and save everyone who come through our path." "Then why help him?" He replied, quick and sharp as if he cut the conversation, "Why save him from the thugs if we are to leave here to die?"

Behind the mask, both of them had a very angered look on their eyes - their expressions struggling such as much as their own minds. The Warden's belief lays with the destiny, but interfering with destiny has proven to be futile. Perhaps the child was meant to die and this interference must end here and now. Maybe it was time for them show upon the public and be known. Probably yes. But it was on their code not to aid any side of the great war that was coming - but to remain on their own. Fifth thought otherwise, being the most naive and yet the most human of the five.

"No-" the Fifth so responded, his grip became tighter then released her, "Stand and watch - But I am getting him to the bar." "He is a threat!" Third responded as Fifth lifted Eiuna then clear his throat as to answer, "I don't care. I am not heartless." but the Fifth rushed to help the child also came with the difficulty to carry him alone. The Third, finally, would so help him to take him to the bar - seeing there was no point into making this harder than it already was, "Whatever happens now - we must be together." The both shared a sight, carrying the kid on both of their shoulders; walking at the same pace, quickly.

The bar, as crowed as it was, would make notice of the new comers that would open the door right away. Fifth would seize of a chair to set the boy down as the Third so announced, "Nurse! A child needs aid." on her off-hand she had the bag with coin that she would so threw at whoever would help the child.

Second and Patrick were as well in the bar, having not the time to walk away from the people summoned around them. The Second would make a expression with his face towards the Third and Fifth but they were already inside, and everyone might had notice them. The only thing left was to stay put, stay together - and hope for the best to work out.

NyxDarling NyxDarling Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Kiroshiven Kiroshiven @AnyoneOnTheBar​

Last edited:
Jackson paused as he heard Morgan's offer of taking down the big bad of this town for a sizable monetary sum before they left to go back to the bar. Turning back to Snow, and Sera who were still at the table with him, he spoke, "from what I've seen this boss controls a great deal of goons, but from what Morgan says it's a great deal of money. I propose that we sleep on it and let Morgan know tomorrow, theres no need to run into such a dangerous situation. Now tell me," Jackson took a sly tone in his voice, "do either of you know any good card games, I know a few myself." However, his hopes of playing cards were dashed as two more members came in and approached Sera asking for aid on behalf of a child.
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven littleberry littleberry Syphe Syphe ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Nicholas sighs as someone rushes into the bar holding a kid. From the looks of it the kid was in bad shape but looking at the faces of a few onlookers on the street, it wasn't unnatural for a kid to be hurt. He feels his hands clench into fists at the thought of a kid being ganged up on by the thugs controlling this town and then relaxes them again before muttering to himself "No point in thinking about it. The people here don't want help because it might cause more trouble. Better to suffer in silence than reach out for help I guess..." Nicholas stands up and shrugs "if they die then they die. It's not my problem..." He shakes his head and lets out a really deep breath. He didn't want to think like that but he had no choice. He had shown the people that the thugs weren't as tough as they let on and people still got mad at him and told him to stop making a scene so despite his tendency to help those in need, he would have to ignore his goodwill and let the thugs treat these people like dirt.

@AnyoneInside/OutsideTheBar

Lucca Malkovich

Patrick's pat on the back, or "Pat's pat" as one may wish to put it, was unexpected, even more so when told that he could come with them or not, that either way, it'll be his choice, free to join them as a companion, not a prisoner. How odd that things can change this much in just one night, but Lucca certainly isn't complaining.

Then, when Patrick walked over the the armored guy and the medic's table, he spotted the person that had helped kept him from being killed, Snow, apparently safe. Along with her, there's also a cat. Are cat's even allowed in this establishment? Well, the bouncer certainly doesn't look like he's about to complain. But as much as Lucca liked to join them, the table was looking to be a bit crowded with everyone there, and right now, he really doesn't want to sit near the plant lady, even if she is occupied with looking after the man with the gas mask.

Lucca shrugged, it would have been awkward anyways, it not like he's that close to any of them yet, most of them he didn't even know their names. He wouldn't know what to talk about even if he sat with them. But though he did not sit with them, he was listening on their conversation, and from what was talked about one thing piqued his interest, the talk of loot, the loot of the gang called The One. He wasn't sure what it entails exactly, but surely among them, there must be some weapons, no? And Lucca's been feeling rather naked without his guns, naked and helpless. Even the fox guy called out on it when they were at the river. Of course, he could always ask the plant lady to give him back, but he had a feeling that it ain't gonna be that easy, especially after what happened.

Quickly Lucca gulped down his drink. Perhaps if he shadow one of the gang members, he'll be lead right to this "loot pile", and perhaps he'll then find a chance to help himself to some of it. It'll also be good to know more about a gang before beginning the hunt, two birds in one stone. It was then decided, and Lucca stood up from his stool, ready to head out, eager to do some work. But just as he was about to leave, some black robed characters cam stumbling in, a kid in their hands, and kid that looked familiar... Lucca vaguely remembers this girl, but she was definitely at the camp with them, so undoubtedly she was part of the group, and now she seemed quite beaten up. Well, good thing they brought her here, our medic here should be able to do something right? Or does she not have the supplies? Perhaps there'll be a need to look into that "loot" sooner than later after all. But well, at least she'll be able to take a look at her... yet, something felt off, something about these people.

"So you came to a bar to look for a nurse," Lucca walked up to the ones bringing the girl, "are you already drunk, pal? Also, why a nurse, usually one would look of a doctor, would they not? Or are you looking for a specific nurse? But what a coincidence, I just so happen to know a nurse, but there's no way the one you know and the one I know are the same right? Since she and I had arrived in this town only moments ago." Lucca's eyes bore into theirs as he continued to ramble on, searching for the truth, his wits and instincts are telling him that these "good Samaritans" are no mere passersby. "Or did the 'child' here told you of our nurse? In that case, how odd for you to say 'a child needs aid' rather than 'your friend needs aid', wouldn't you agree?

Lucca isn't going to stop them from bringing the girl, or perhaps a very effeminate you boy, he doesn't know but either way, he won't stop them from bringing her closer nor will he stop someone from receiving her, but if there's any sudden movements from them, he's prepared to bring down the closest stool within arms reach on them.

Interacting: ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
Proximity: Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe FrostFire FrostFire littleberry littleberry NyxDarling NyxDarling Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Noodle Time Noodle Time Spice Spice BlackJack BlackJack

Third - Fifth

The Third would have taken down Lucca without a second thought, he seem to know too much or at least presume it. Nevertheless she was not a hot-headed projection like First, in other words - her cunning mind approached as she recall the course of the event, "A woman in red armor, black of hair, reached us with the information of a nurse - More to it, this child is no one to us; we happened to find the same beaten by two thugs. The child may so confirm our story." she rested her right hand on the hilt of the sword, not interested to go down without a fight - like if she could be taken down by physical objects. Instead of insisting though by force through the blade, just to distract the man. She threw the bag of money to him, regardless of what other question Lucca could have muster, "You know the nurse - Tell her we pay her services."

The Fifth, however the odds of his acting taken as a threat, responded in rush, "What if we leave the questions once Eiuna gets the help he needs?" a clever move to say the name rather than to leave it by the word 'child' but it also seem to leave Third's statement shaking as if thinking - why would they know the child's name if they just passed by? How did they have the time? - regardless, it also meant they cared for the child safety, "Hey child. Tell me, one plus two, what is the result?" he tried to keep him sharp on thought so he wouldn't pass out - knocked down by blood lose or by trauma.

revior revior NyxDarling NyxDarling @AnyoneOnTheBar @TheFreakinNurse

First -

"Desperation." the voice of the First came as a dart in the wind. Vira would feel as if First was everywhere around her, which was odd. In fact, the First had yet to materialize himself on the top of the roof of a near building, "Yet - standing on her ground." the particles would finally reach a point to appear. It began constructing the legs, the belts and robes that already covered the body. The arms and so the sleeves that lead back to the tunic. The chest, and as it follows towards the neck, the metal-skull mask would replace the skin as to show his face, "Reckless pride, bound by ruthlessness." then, the yet to be complete figure would drop off the building and strike down the ground - making his landing.

The First would raise from his posture while his off-hand seems to generate a weapon from the void itself, the sheath of a sword and then, the sword itself. As the First raises, he stared down the woman before him, up and down as if he admired his adversary, "The appeal of a huntress. The care of a mother." he tilted his head to a side, as he began to walk in circles still not taking his sword out in order to strike, registering what is around him and, as well testing her foot-work, "Rude and Gentle. You are a controversy. Your words hurt and make distance - Your actions aid the need, you reward the good-deeds." he stood, finally quiet and completely straight, not waiting for an answer but to make a pause, "Who are you?"

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Kore Dair
Kore stayed silent, listening to everything that was said. She herself could also do with some money, perhaps she could get enough so that she could go back home, and maybe take Zephyr with her. Although he didn't seem to be an abnorm, Kore felt for him, and had already decided to look after him if she could. So this was a good opportunity for her to earn some money - something she hadn't really done before.
Just as she was about to get up and join the conversation, when two people came in with the woman who had been in a coma, and then in their group. Kore was no medic, so she kept out of it, but she recognised the woman's voice as the one who had been following her. As much as she disliked Lucas at the moment, she had to agree with him, but of course she knew these were the people who had been following them... Did they do this to the odd woman? Well, she was sure the rest of them would handle it, Sera being the 'medic' they were looking for and all.
Still saying nothing, she stayed in her seat, and merely observed, sitting back in her chair.

Nissa
3091164_1354423934455.25res_500_281.jpg

Nissa watched blankly as the rust eyed woman seemed to be thinking really hard, lost in her own mind. How strange. Nissa wasn’t close enough to sense what the woman was thinking, but surely it was interesting… Oh, she’d been spotted.

The woman looked at Nissa as she blankly stared back, eating her lollipop. Then she came closer, oh good. Here was what she was feeling… creeped out. Worry… hmm about herself or Nissa? Oh yep, it was about Nissa. Self worry always had a certain determination feeling because the other person wanted to save their own skin while worry about others has tinges of sadness because well… they can’t do anything about it.

So the woman was worried about her hmm… aww how sweet. Nissa liked this girl and decided to follow her. Because Nissa hadn’t really actually maybe been listening at all to the woman's words. She approached a orphan child and gave him money… oh how nice. This woman must be a truly kind hero just like Khayn was.

Nissa knew the woman knew she was following her for Nissa didn’t exactly hide. She just… silently shadowed. What a weird stranger this rust eyed woman was going into an alley and calling out. Nissa stopped at the side wall and continued her cat eyed silent stare. Oh… and now there was a mystic person circling. Weird…

Nissa stared at him, wondering if she should try harder now to find Khayn… he would probably know what to do.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | The River

Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

“Seems your abnormality is quite potent.”

Kaia stopped her fussing for a moment to look up at him with a quite puzzled expression on her face. “I…I don’t have an abnormality. Well, I mean I do, just looking at my hair and eyes, as I’m sure you’ve noticed. But nothing…like this,” she scrambled to put a decent sentence together, tripping slightly over her words, “At least…one I haven’t been able to use…” She sat quietly, her eyes widening as she watched his skin repair itself. “So you are an abnormal. Hard for me to tell with this ragtag group,” she finally continued, “Snow? She’s that blonde girl you were talking to last night, right? Just a guess.” Even though Ryuji could heal himself, just in case it was her, she subtly continued to hold her robe out over his torso to shield him from her even after he handed it back. “I’d imagine healing and not being able to feel pain are two different things.”

“You’re not going to ask?” He caught her attention once more, pulling her gaze from his mild injuries. "I’m sure you’re curious about what just happened.” Sitting back on her heels, Kaia rubbed her shoulder gently. “Let’s just say…I know regret when I see it,” she answered, her voice barely a whisper, “That kind of pain…it can drive you to do insane things. And no matter what you do...how long you meditate...it's always there in the background. Hungry.” Her own violet irises seemed to look right past him as her mind traveled back to her sister. To Skylar… If she’d let herself continue the vision any longer, she was sure those pesky tears would have returned so she shook her head and cleared her throat. “And what about you? You’re not going to ask…?” she redirected the question back at him, looking down and rubbing the inside of her wrist where the tattoo was underneath the fabric that bound them. “Most people do. And considering I was half naked, I have no doubt you saw at least one.” At this point, her body was no longer radiating cold and had seemed to go back to a normal temperature.

Snow

Friendly hmm… Snow bit her lip as she stared at the bouncer while the old man walked away from their table. She nodded a bit as Sera began to busy herself petting the cat. “Oh him… um… in the place I went when I ran off. He um… was there…” Snow trusted Sera but she really didn’t want to give away Khayn’s secret. That was his to keep.

Suddenly the bouncer began talking to her. Of a gang… Snow flashed back to the feeling of a strong hand on her head threatening to pop it like a grape… her body shivered as she blinked a little, tears coming to her eyes. She frowned wiping them away with shaky hands as this boy called them a gang. A gang? Snow was apart of no gang.

Jackson was talking about how they should think about it when Khayn decided to climb on Snow’s head. She sniffed a little but smiled, enjoying the comfort he provided. Sure he was a small kitten… but Snow knew that this kitten was taking everything in. Just as Snow took in Patrick who had began making his way over but stopped to chat to the old man who had gone over to bother Kore… hmm. Patrick seemed to know him. The conversation didn’t seem… right to her. And her blood was humming softly. Something was wrong.

Snow excused herself from the table to slowly begin making her way over, careful not to jostle the tiny kitten on her head. Why did that man call Patrick Mr. O… weird. And this man was worried about them? Thought they were potential threats??? Snow opened her mouth to tell this man they were no threats when suddenly the doors burst open to show a seriously injured Einua.

“Oh my god Einua?! What happened to her- him…” Ugh Snow needed to figure that out. But… these people… they gave her blood the same noise as the old man… eerily close signals… Snow shivered and reached for Khayn, holding the tiny cat in her arms protectively. Snow knew that Einua was crazy powerful, sensed it in her blood… and the old man had been talking about potential threats… had these two supposed good samaritans hurt Einua?? Luckily Lucca decided to voice his concerns with the scene as well. Oh… they spoke of Vira. Made sense… kind of. Vira was a gamble on if she would help or not.

Snow scooted over closer to Patrick and looked up at the man with questioning eyes. “Patrick…”

She left the question open ended, knowing he would understand she had noticed more than the face value these three strangers were trying to push off. Snow put the kitten back on her head, holding herself as her thorns began to peep through her skin, tiny pin marks with drops of blood on each point. But they had been coming out so much recently Snow now knew the warning signs… so… plus side?
Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish revior revior Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven ShadowBroker ShadowBroker FrostFire FrostFire NyxDarling NyxDarling

Ceasing her subjection of affection to the cat, Sera gave Snow a lingering look. 'Ran off and found a cat... a clean and friendly one too. At least she seems fine... but..' Maybe in a flourishing town, but this place is infested with baddies and gang members. Sera didn't like to doubt her friends, it leads to a rift in the group, and that is the last thing they needed right now. However, there might be something Snow isn't letting up on. Sera felt like she should keep an eye on her, just in case something happens again... in case she runs off on her own again.

On a less concerning note, Jackson mischieveously suggesting playing cards. Scoffing, Sera leaned back and crossed her arms, "Cards, huh? I'd wager you aren't suggesting a simple game like Goldfish, are you. You look awfully confident." Sera smirked, this was definitely not the first time someone offered to "play card games" with her. There was usually a catch, a wager, bets, gambling something. Be it money, shots, ammo, even clothes, Sera has seen them all. Although, she could be overthinking it, considering a child is here.

It was getting late, even if Sera wanted to take on that gang that was apparently "ruling the town," that'd have to wait. Snow took off again, over to where Kore and the bounty hunter was. Not too long after, her alarmed voice was clearly heard, indicating something serious. Standing from her table, Sera bolted upright, assessing Einua's condition. Pushing past the people at her table, she quickly rushed and grabbed Einua by the hand and supported her with her shoulder as cleared an empty table, getting ready to patch up Einua as best she could. Sera had almost nothing to treat cuts, but it seems like bruises and fist marks, no blade, fortunately.

"You'll be ok, Einua. It's nothing serious." Her voice betrayed her relief. "Whoever did this to you, had better watch themselves." Sera's voice had a deeper tone as she tidied up Einua.

NyxDarling NyxDarling Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

ZEPHYR XENOS
2a7908494166d591511a24e1ab3162e5.jpg

Zephyr was still rubbing his face on the table when Kore returned from 'talking' with Lucas. Zephyr drowned out all the yelling. He was far too focused on claiming the table as his own. Eventually Kore came back and asked him if he wanted a drink of water. She seemed to be followed by a rather odd man. Zephyr paid no mind but the area started getting a bit crowded. He could feel his heart rate picking up again as he looked around. His vision grew blurry once more and he looked to Kore before the man arrived and said something very odd. His expression and tone sounding void of emotion. His skin very pale as he spoke "Just kill..." he says before turning back to the table and slapping his face down and rubbing it once again. His eyes were back to normal and he seemed surprised as she sat next to him "Oh you're back, water would quench my bench" Zephyr says lifting his head up once more, his hair standing a bit on end where he was rubbing the table "I think thats how that saying goes" Before he could say anything or before she could the new guy spoke.

They had a really weird interaction and eventually the man was taken away by robo grandpa. Zephyr looked over to Kore "
You have a lot of admirers, even the old guys are interested" he says to her shrugging and then throwing his bag onto the table and digging through it. Eventually he found what he was looking for and pulled out his water jug and set it on the table. It was empty, he looked to Kore "You have water magic too?"

(( FrostFire FrostFire ))

Ryuji Nakamoto

She didn't realize her power. "You have a gift in that abnormality. Trust me, I've see quite a few of them after all." He chuckled as she continued to try and cover him with her coat. "Are you embarrassed to see my body? Is it truly that amazing to you?" He joked as he finally managed to sit up better. She talked about regret, his regret, as if it were her own. She'd made a difficult choice in her past and she wasn't going to tread on his because of it. Thinking about it he couldn't help but chuckle. "You're a sweet girl Kaia." He pet her head gently as she fired his own question back at him. "The tattoos? What about them? Are they special or something?" Ryuji wasn't sure why she asked that. Back in New-Asia people got tattoos all the time, heck he had one on his left shoulder. Sure the design was.....different, but that was her choice right? "Sorry. I should probably let you know that I'm not from this land. I came all the way here from New-Asia so if there's some kind of custom or significant meaning to your tattoo, I'm not sure what it is. And even then, based off you firing my own question back at me, they can't be anything good." He moved to his knees and pushed her coat back onto her and whispered into her ear. "Let me say this to you Kaia. Those tattoos don't mean anything when I'm around. Okay princess?" He slipped in a little flirt to try and deflate the serious atmosphere around them. Neither one of them had let the other know about their past, but they both had a simple understanding of the other. They'd both suffered and were both trying to move on from it.

Tyra Tyra

Nicholas stands up and walks back into the bar. He sits down on a stool and begins tapping while he waits. He wasn't normally one for drinking but when he was stuck in a hopeless situation there was nothing else to do "can't save this town...Might as well get drunk..." Nicholas produces a small pouch of currency and waits for someone to notice him. He was going to order the stiffest alcohol they offered and he'd wait for potential customers to approach him. Not like they were going to considering they lived in fear and refused to ask for help

Einua could barely recognize snow's voice as it rang out, her pleading tone calling out his voice. Did he look that bad? was he in worse shape then he had thought? He cursed himself, if only he had been able to fight back, to let his power flicker freely, something had kept him from being able to use his power, was it fear or was it that he didn't know how to control it yet. This thought was drifted of by his hand being grasped by who he remembered to be sera, the worry in her eyes flaring up as she supported him and moved him over to a table. His hands instinctively grasped at his clothes, keeping them taught against his body as a flashback of gail's and oscar's hands traveled against his form and along his chin. The memory of the rough hands groping his form sent him in shock, tears once again welling up against his cheeks. his pupils dilated as the memory became all that he could experience in this moment, it caused his entire body to shiver and shake. The sound of weeping and wheezing leaving Einua's soft lips "Pl..please...d..dont look at me..i...im fi-" He coughed mid sentence, splattering up more blood, which seemingly burned through the wood floor; the pain in his ribs becoming almost unbearable now. but what was even more so unbearable, was the memory. The idea that there were people out there still like that, that gail was still alive. Fists clenching in a combination of pure rage and anguish, he felt sickly and wish he could just hide, but at the same time he wanted to hunt down the bastard who did this to him, pull gail's guts from his stomach and show them to him. Taking the effort to sit up he went into a coughing fit, the sound and energy in the bar had stilled, and he felt almost all eyes on him. He didnt like being the center of attention, if he had been able to...fight, this wouldnt have happened, people wouldn't have to take care of him again. Like always. "im sorry....i se-*coughs*seem to be depending on you all recently." He was sitting now, atop the table, however he looked decrepit, and was covered in blood; he deffinitley needed a shower now. To wash away the dirt and grime and blood...but also...wash away the feeling of filth, the sickening sensation their hands had left. "n...nothing serious huh....i feel like my ribs are broken se-*coughs* sera.....i feel...i need a shower, please, i need to wash off." His tone which was usually feminine and graceful was now cracked and stressed, he sounded broken at this point, as if his care and kindness had been stripped from him, and all that was left was dissociation and lack of expression. Of course he could still and express emotions, but his mind had gone blank at this point,in order to keep himself from going crazy.

Syphe Syphe littleberry littleberry

Kore Dair
Kore couldn't help the smile that pulled up the corners of her mouth as she watched Zephyr. "I'll get you some water after everything's.... Calmed down. I'll be sleeping... Elsewhere, once everyone decides to retire for the night.", she spoke quietly to him, the slightest amount of tenderness in her voice. Kore was, of course, intending to go back to the forest to sleep in a tree. She had never been comfortable sleeping amongst civilisation, and could never manage to fall unconscious unless she was high up and safely away from people.
"No, I don't have water magic, unfortunately. Heh, they aren't admirers, Zephyr... If only people had such pure intentions...", she sighed wistfully, before shaking her head a little and coming out of the clouds.
She didn't like what she saw going on in the rest of the bar, and decided it was definitely best to avoid what was going on, even if she felt for the woman who had been hurt. There was nothing she could do but watch - and she observed with some worry the blood... Was it extremely acidic? Kore decided it was best not to find out.
BlackJack BlackJack NyxDarling NyxDarling

Vira

At first she hadn't noticed the weird little girl following her, sensing no ill intentions from her, but one glance behind her had told her another story. Glimpsing the redhead, Vira realized she was being followed. Normally that would be a red-flag for someone who didn't even possess the power Vira did, but because she had this power.. She knew the weird girl was fine. As long as Vira couldn't sense anything from her, she assumed the girl was safe to be around. Probably just some orphan living within this despicable town, making do. Vira just ignored the fact she was being followed by the dangerless person. Unless... she was masking her presence somehow. Could be the case if she simply wasn't dangerous right now. She may just be hiding strength, after all, those were the most dangerous of them out there. This girl was surviving somehow, seemingly on her own, so it was highly likely. Ah, well. Whatever. It didn't truly matter. Vira would just keep any eye on her.

Now, in the alley, waiting for the person who had sent for her, her hackles did rise. Sensing oncoming dread, her power of danger-sense flared to life like a fire. It came from all around her.. Well, it always did that, but it was spiking in the immediate vicinity right now, not background white noise. Vira knew something was coming.

Eyes narrowing at the voice, she decided to sarcastically echo him in her own way. "Desperation, evident." She would speak at each moment he did. "Trying too hard be Mysterious." He begun to materialize -for lack of a better word- before her. "A poetic with a voice of stupidity." He landed before her not finished. "The unappeal of discarded garbage, unimpressed." As soon as a weapon appeared in his hands, Vira whipped her blade out of its sheath with surprising speed. As he rounded her, Vira's dull crimson eyes kept him centered, her blade poised up, ready to clash. "Still talking? Boy, you are a talkative one; like the sound of your own voice, huh?" She crudely interjected, done mimicking in this strange game. This person... felt quite familiar, and very odd on her enhanced senses.

She narrowed her eyes at his question. "Why? Who wants to know?!" She grinned wickedly, lightly changing the angle of her sword, letting light from a nearby lit torch to catch the deep silver of her blade, glinting warningly in his face. "So, what? Brought me here to attack me?" That wasn't the brightest of ideas, for it seemed senseless. Suddenly harsh spikes hit her senses. Three at least.. no -four -five?! How many? It drew her attention so much, that she glanced away suddenly, eyes scanning the immediate area. These sharp spikes sounding like alarms in her head. They were closing the distance fast, and they were already near. "If so, you might want to hurry. We might not have enough time to really get to know each other, I'm afraid. Our date may come to an abrupt end, unfortunately. Darn!! I was so looking forward to getting to know you! Boo!"

She turned back to him, snickering. "Though it's fine, isn't it? You're a chatterbox, right?" She shrugged. "You won't need much time I'm sure."

Interacts: littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
Mentions:

Patrick's eyes narrowed at Seconds answer to his questions, that was this one's problem never a straight answer always working around it telling the truth but not all of it.

He looked back over his shoulder to Kore nodding to show he had heard the young woman, it didn't surprise him in the least bit, the Wardens followers always operated like that. Observe, classify, neutralize if needed, that last part is what worried him. The group was powerful and could probably handle the ones Patrick knew about if they worked together, but he didn't know how much power the Warden and his guys could bring to bear and the old soldier did not like not knowing.

Fine Second I need a smoke anyway
, Patrick grumbled as he spun on his heel and headed for the door. He managed to get maybe two steps before the door burst open and two more wardens piled through holding the battered body of the glowing kid Keiji had found in the woods.

Patrick cussed under his breath, there was Third and Fifth, now the only missing one was First, and Fourth he guessed if such a being existed.

He moved back away from the main group to give Sera enough room to work. All the while giving Second a look that said in no way we're the two done with they're conversation. Then much to the old man's surprise Snow appeared next to him. I... Honestly Snow I don't know, these crazies are dangerous, Patrick paused as if struggling with what to say next like there was something he was trying to keep hidden, stay close for now, normally when they show up trouble isn't far behind, he finally grumbled before lighting his cigarette.

littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker FrostFire FrostFire

Lucca Malkovich

The dark haired one... Ah, so it was her. But still, Lucca didn't think that she would e someone who'd stop to help. Perhaps she's nicer than he thought... perhaps, just perhaps though. After receiving the small bag of money he laid it on the table where the rest are gathered, maybe they can get some supplies with this. But either way, Lucca is no help here.

"I'm heading out," he though that he'd tell them, "see if I can find some 'supplies'."

And by supplies, he meant the loot, maybe weapons, maybe medical equipment. Leaving through the door, Lucca quickly disappeared into the night, glad to be on the job again. Surely this will let him take his mind off a few things.

Firstly, Lucca decided to head towards where the gang members tend to gather. Before, he would have been more careful, but since learning of his abnormality, he was bolder now, carefreely strolling through the gang infested streets. If there's ill gotten goods gathered here somewhere then the gang will definitely want to keep it close, where they could see it, somewhere spacious but not too conspicuous perhaps, and there'll definitely be guards. If Lucca were precious goods, that is the kind of place he'd want to be in. This is almost like bounty hunting, but rather than for Abnrms, it's for "loot". Lucca couldn't help but feel liberated for the first time since yesterday, for the hunter is now in his elements.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe FrostFire FrostFire littleberry littleberry NyxDarling NyxDarling Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Noodle Time Noodle Time Spice Spice BlackJack BlackJack ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

"Hrm..." Sera felt a strange heat from the blood on Einua's mouth when she was about to wipe it off. Her abnormality must lie in her blood, noting the marks left by blood drips. "Sorry I can't help you out anymore, but I can still help with the recovery. Just sit tight and try to get comfortable.. if you can. I'll be right back."

With her bag, Sera went inside the bathroom at the back of the building. Looking through, she luckily had some old rope and tape left. This should do for binding. Taking a deep breath, Sera calmed her nerves and relaxed her muscles. Holding her arm in front of her, she kneeled before her backpack. For the first time in a long time and in this group, Sera was going to use her abnormality. Normally it would seem like it just healed flesh wounds on herself, and the "bio-bandage" simply came loose and could be peeled off like a regular band aid, but could it be used on other people reliably? Her blood was not harmful, so it's maybe risk-free. 'Here we go...'

Bringing the edge of the knife to her arm, just below the wrist, Sera braced herself, and swifly sliced.

"Gah ha! Ah- haa...." Despite being able to repair herself, the pain was in no way lessened. Some of the blood landed on the bag before morphing into a skin-like substance. Sera gritted her teeth, trying to fight the pain and urge to cry out. Taking deep breaths, Sera picked up the bandaid. 'Too little... need more...' She set it back down and brought the knife back to her arm.

Breathing a bit harder now, Sera struggled to keep her hand still. She was trembling. 'Huh... years of service and I'm still afraid of pain.. when no one is around...' Exhaling, Sera stilled herself, and quickly worked the knife once more, making sure to keep the blade still as to draw more blood.

A couple minutes later, Sera walked back out into the bar, to where Einua was sitting, and suddenly lifting up her shirt enough to work. "It's crude, but it will get the job done. Get ready." Wrapping the bandages around Einua, Sera felt fatigued, and she was sure she was sweating a bit. 'This first, rest later.' Fastening the ends together with the tape, Sera snugly wrapped Einua up, rope in mouth as she went around covering up her sides. Hoping to cause as little discomfort as possible as she worked. Finally, the rope. It was to further brace the ribs and keep the bandages together, as there was not enough tape. Once that was finished, Sera took a breath and smiled, to reassure her patient. Wanting to sit down, Sera made her way back to the table, hiding a small stumble as she went.

"So... cards?"

NyxDarling NyxDarling Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

First -

After hearing all what Vira had to say, he was indeed surprised that she called him a chatterbox. "I requested your name." ignoring her reckless questioning and stupidity; knowing she used insults as a defense mechanics, "Behold me - For I am whom will cleanse you from existence." he stood, on his spot as he watcher her turning around, saying farewells as if she had the possibility to escape from The First - as if there was such a possibility, "You have proven to be - unreasonable and uncontrollable." but before he pulled his sword out, he thought for actions rather than let himself guided by her insults. "Yet here you are-" his hand letting go slowly from his own blade, not afraid of whatever she could do to him. His head tilted behind him - sensing the same danger, the sound of war was known to him - the peace before the storm, "War." his deep voice seem to whisper that word, though it could easily be heard for the voice was too strong and metallic for a normal man, "Finally - " he took his sword out, one that began to materialize from thin air as the blade met it, such a metal translucent that could cheat the eye, a ghost blade made of nothing.

He aimed the blade towards Vira though, no matter what horror came to the alley, he had a task and he would so fulfill it. "Don't die." The First so spoke, a long stare focused on her as he prepared himself to kill whoever finally arrived, whatever weapons he needed to use, "Not yet. Back to back!" The First would fully turn around and pose his sword above his shoulder level, copying a very knightly position. Vira would not feel danger from The First, but no one would be stupid enough to give the back to man alike him and expect no harm come to one. Thing is he is not some normal man, having a strange sense of honor and all coming from the oath - or maybe from his own mad-personality.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko littleberry littleberry
Second, Third and Fifth-

Second would so nod towards Patrick and look over the little child beside him, the child known as Snow. He knew the name by Fifth last observation. Something was clearly out of common on her, the odds her power could be powerful were tremendous - yet she seems insanely weak when it comes to physical encounters. Nevertheless, his attention returned to him - to the man who was lighted a cigarette, "Still killing your lungs - Mr O." the old man grinned while the mask began to materialize upon his face - tattered bandages that covered his face and gave his voice depth - making it more profound, "With me." he guided him as he walked out from the bar. Fifth and Third would notice the Second's actions and so followed him - understanding the child was now under protection.

Once outside, the three projections would fold their arms behind their back as they waited for Patrick to arrive; Fifth would be the first to introduce himself, "You may not know me - The Warden was not yet prepare to cast me. I am Fifth." the Third shook her head as she spoke, "You seem well - all things considered." The Projections acted friendly towards Patrick because they knew his power and his capabilities. Even more - he was not a potential threat since he seem adequate with The Warden's will.

But the Second went right to the point, "Tell us, Mr O. You know better than our presence here is no coincidence neither our interest for the company you stall with." his left hand left it's resting position as it moved around to explain, a mark of persuasion, "It would be of utter disappointment if you hadn't. You might as well allow us the needed information, instead to proceed to analyze, face and vanquish each and every individual that disrupts the balance."

"Patrick - The First is already at this town. None of us can stop him - Not even The Warden."
the Third would try a more gentle approach, trying to reach for the man rather than pursue with a superior power position.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish

Vira

"You don't need it," she callously said, turning back to face him. She wasn't just going to give out her name just like that. When it came to names, Vira knew they held power. Knowing another equated to lording over them. She only gave her name if someone earned it. So far this weird... projection guy-Abnorm thing had only annoyed her. Thus he hadn't earned it. She smirked giving a sardonic shrug, "Besides, you didn't tell me yours. Proper manners and respect and all that." Vira cocked her head and said vivaciously. "Ha! 'Cleanse me of existence'? You're welcome to try!" The chick wasn't the least bit scared. She paused, seeming to consider something. "Though, it really isn't -wasn't a good use of money." Thinking about how he had paid her to come here to kill her. Why would he give her money if it was his intention to kill her?

His 'ghost blade' meant nothing to her. She didn't rely on her eyes in battle. With her ability to sense danger it was like his weapon was a light-saber of red light, growing bright before her. It could've been totally invisible, and Vira would easily 'see' it. There was literally nothing this person could do that Vira wouldn't see coming. Regardless, when he offered her his back, she narrowed her eyes, gripping her sword tighter. He was a fool if he trusted her like this. And more fool if he expected her to trust him in any way.

All of the sudden, people leaped out of the shadows. Some coming over the tops of the nearby buildings. They were muscular, wore ripped and leather clothing, and stank of booze and sweat -and violence. Gang members, obviously. Without warning they struck out at the two there. Vira dipped to the side, avoiding a kick, she spun and kicked the man herself. A dagger slashed at her, and she ducked, only to strike this other man hard in the gut with the blunt end of her weapon. He recoiled, and she ducked under him, hitting him a few times, before coming up, grabbing him, and flipping him over onto the ground. Two more gang members attacked her with flashes of steel, but neither served any better. Both took hard hits from her and staggered away with grunts of shocked pain. Vira stood her ground, staring down the assailants. So far this had been easy, but just who.. why were they here? They were members of The One obviously, by their various eye-shaped markings.

Screams rang out across the town, and one spoke up, "It's begun," he claimed. Vira knew, from her pulses in her mind, that the gang was attacking the town.

Interacts: ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
Mentions: basically everyone :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back