• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark World (rp)

"Oh. Right. I don't look like an abnorm, do I? Ha ha... that means these rags do work, after all." Sera slid apart two pieces of cloth on her left forearm, revealing the numerous, thin black lines in a parallel pattern relative to her arm. Like a jet black snake, it trailed along the muscles of her arm, fading out as it neared the elbow joint. Usually it's hidden, but when visible it looked like she had a tattoo with this certain design. Although, if a person knew Sera well, they would know that she was not a fan of tattoos. She held out an arm to Jackson to see. "These are not tattoos. I wouldn't be caught dead with one. I guess you could say this is... natural? Not too sure what it means though. Maybe I passed out bad and someone thought it'd be funny."

As they walked, she saw a none-too-strange face screaming again. What is it this time, Sera wondered. Oh, she wanted to go kill some people. Surprise!

Sera stopped in her tracks. "The One? I'm not one to do my research about gangs but aren't they one of the big ones? And she wants to just waltz right into the heart of their territory and snuff the leader out? As if it's going to turn out that simple!" Turning to Jackson, she sighed, exasperated. "She even said it herself, the repercussions aren't going to end with her, and whoever who was with her, to end in all their deaths. It's going to spread, and who knows what innocent lives would be caught up in their wrath. Ah! There's no other way around it! Not with her! We might as well just go with her. Hey, hang on! Whatever the hell you're thinking, you're involving us one way or another, miss! Come on, Jackson." Sera half-stomped her way over to them, following the general direction they were headed.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe FrostFire FrostFire Kallo Kallo

Jackson's eyes went wide as Sera explained that she was indeed an abnormal, like he was. Unbelievable, he muttered under his breath. ~She could have just told me she was an abnormal from the start and I wouldn't have said a word.~ He was about to get a closer look when Vira started to scream at them that they needed to stop The One. Jackson visibly shook as Sera began to explain what she wanted to do and she half stomped away which visibly worried Jackson. "Now hold on Sera!" Jackson ran over to her and put his hand on her shoulder in a grip. "I understand you want to rush in with her, but you have to understand. If this is who she says this is, then we cannot just run into his den! We need to plan out our moves. There is a good chance that this "one" got to where he is with strategic thinking and planning. Besides, We need to stick together don't we?"
Syphe Syphe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko FrostFire FrostFire Kallo Kallo

Garret
meh.jpg

Slowly but surely slacking and falling behind, Garret slipped away. He had been thinking. Yes, the influential gangs had to be stopped. That was definitely for sure. At the same time, he knew full well he could hardly contribute to their demise. Simply, he was not strong enough. Not powerful enough. Not ready enough. Perhaps, he thought to himself, I may go searching for these odd people one day in the future.. but I don't belong and I can't help. Decidedly, he slipped away and out of the small but powerful group so that they could be on their way without him. He didn't know them well but he trusted their might and determination enough to be sure that they could take down almost anyone they truly wanted to. As he made off for a new town and a new beginning, Garret wordlessly sent his grattitude towards his angry savior, and luck as well in her upcoming battle. With that, he left entirely and didn't look back.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko @everyoneelse
(Bye guys!! <3)

Kore Dair
Saying nothing as Vira expressed her lack of a plan, Kore decided it was best not to rile her up or make her more angry than usual - she would just have to improvise... She usually did, but she had only ever fought hunters before, and these were abnorms, powerful ones at that - their powers certainly surpassed her own, and as she had seen, it was a bad idea to underestimate any of them. It certainly wouldn't be as easy as Vira set it out to be, and if she needed to, Kore would retreat back into the forest, disappear in seconds - then assess the situation in front of her.
Kore walked through the dense undergrowth easily, as it parted for her and moved back to it's original position almost immediately behind her. Just as Vira was about to push through the last of the undergrowth, Kore's eyes widened and she opened her mouth to speak - but she was too late to warn Vira, who was already in the clearing.
She eyed the odd woman, sticking behind Vira and a little to the side... She was worried, maybe this girl was working with The One...?
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Last edited:
Vira

Tib199u.png

As she neared, Vira recognized the eye-like tattoo symbolizing this girl's affiliation with The One gang. Just seeing the tattoo angered Vira, her hair standing on end. Fuzzy burning sensations within her told her to strike, but she held onto her cool as they neared the lone girl standing before the slightly intimidating structure that was The One gang's base. She stood there in an elegant white dress, looking out of place against the backdrop of trees and grayish building. Her size was small, unassuming. Vira knew not to judge a book by its covers, but this lady had her intrigued.

"Hello," the woman spoke as Vira neared. "So you and your friends are why they all left..."

Vira raised her eyebrow. "They all.. left?!" she hissed out angrily. "What do you mean?"

"They knew you were coming, and.. well they fled," she answered, seemingly sad about that fact. "The place is completely abandoned."

"Where did they go, and who are you?" Vira asked angrily. Hearing that they fled set her off. She wanted nothing more than to end them.

"I don't know exactly, but I can tell you they went East somewhere; that's all I know. My name is Anesha," she answered, looking over the dark-haired woman in front of her. Running a hand over the tattoo on her other hand, she sounded hopeful in her next question. "So it is true then? You came to end The One?"

"East?" Vira repeated, looking out towards the forest east of them. "Yes. That is true."

"Do you think you can do it?" Anesha asked in the same hopeful tone, with a side of thoughtfulness, her blonde locks falling in front of her face while she considered something, looking down.

"..Lets just say, if I don't then I'll be dead," Vira answered bluntly. It was either her or them. The One was a nuisance and Vira felt an obligation to destroy them.

"Perhaps I can help you then," Anesha replied.

"You are an Abnorm then?"

Anesha nodded. "The One only cares about Abnorms, and only allows them into the group. Well... they only care about Abnorms anyway, anyone else is worthless fodder."

"So I noticed. Well, how can you help?"

Anesha sniffled, rubbing her eyes. "My Abnormality... I can grant wishes. Or at least I can try to." Seeing that further explanation was needed, she continued. "My wish granting is why The One wanted me, but it has it's issues. I can't just 'wish someone dead', or 'wish someone alive' again. Nothing like that. In fact my ability seems to have a lot of complications. The headaches it makes for me.. I don't really control it, nor do I understand what these complications are or anything, but... I can still try to help you."

Vira thought it over. Her power sounded ridiculous. Both ridiculous nonsense, and how useful it could be. Ultimately, she grinned. Well, if Anesha was offering! She began to speak, but saw the woman falter. "What is it?"

"Th-there's just one major issue..." Anesha twiddled her fingers. "I can only grant one wish. ..I believe. My power is directly linked to my life force. Another wish is all I have left in me, before..."

Vira understood exactly what she meant. "Then nevermind."

"No! No no.. I-it's okay! I want to make this wish. It is my wish. Not yours. It's why they left me behind, because I told them I couldn't make anymore wishes without it killing me." She appeared angry, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists. The poor frail thing. "The One abused my power.."

Ah. Now Vira understood why this woman would turn on her own gang. She wasn't sure how she felt in using up Anesha's life to make some 'wish' as the girl put it, but if she was willing to lay down her life for it. Then far be it for Vira to deny her such. "How do I do this? Phrase it like a genie?"

Anesha nodded. "Yep, that'll work."

"I wish to have the power to defeat The One," Vira chanted immediately.

Anesha's lips curled into a smile. "That is my wish." Her eyes lit up, glowing a bright iridescent hue. Light spread the clouds above, landing upon Vira in front of her. Then... nothing.

Vira lifted her arms, inspecting herself. "Uh, is that it?"

Anesha's eyes returned to normal. The time of her power passed. She stared at the woman in front of her. Finally, she shrugged simply. "I.. I suppose? Again, my power isn't exactly as cut and dry as you'd think. I do not know what each of my 'wishes' will do. So, um.. Yeah. That's it. I cannot do anything more. I'm sorry."

Vira stared, then looked at the building. "No. It's fine." If that was it, then that was it. It was probably foolish to imagine this whole 'wish granting' thing was anything substantial. Probably why The One was so far up its own ass. It was stupid. The abandoned building there though was interesting. Abandoned, huh? "Anesha. Do you imagine anyone would say anything if we were to say.. use that building?"

Anesha looked towards The One's base. "No. I suppose not.."

Vira grinned. "Good. Cuz even if they did -they'd have to answer to me."

Anesha
IUp8WQv.png

Mentions: FrostFire FrostFire Kiroshiven Kiroshiven littleberry littleberry Isolde Isolde Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe revior revior Tyra Tyra Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
to everyone else! :3

He watched with a raised eyebrow as he watched the scene unfold. Standing slightly in the shadows still as he watched the light shine down before fading. Sighing slightly at the explanation, seeing as the woman wasn't lying about having a power. Though he still had his suspicions looking around as he started to look for any signs of how long ago they left. Broken branches, trampled saplings. Anything that would confirm the recent movement.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Kore Dair
Kore stayed by the treeline as Vira went ahead to talk to the girl. As soon as the girl started talking, her suspicions were confirmed - the girl was indeed working with the one, although she seemed innocent enough... But appearances could be deceiving, so Kore decided it was best to let Vira do the talking as she hung back next to the trees, on high alert just in case.
She listened to the exchange, her resolve stronger yet to defeat the One. If they abused and mistreated humans, it wasn't good, certainly, but didn't bother Kore too much. But using abnorms? That she wasn't happy about. Her own kind.... She could not condone such abuse.
Kore opened her mouth to object to Anesha using the last of her power, but the words died before they reached her lips. If it was her wish - and it was a well founded one, who was she to say otherwise? So she stayed quiet and just watched silently, having nothing to contribute. She looked up at the sky, listening to the rusting of the trees that only she could understand. The One had indeed fled, Anesha had told the truth, so Kore was satisfied that she was genuine - once the moment passed, Kore would back up Anesha's claims... Not that she needed to, Vira seemed pretty convinced so far.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko @to whom it may concern

Jackson's grip on her shoulder made her advance come to a halt. His sudden opposition to her actions had opened her eyes to the magnitude of her decision. She nearly gasped as she realized what just happened. Going to the heart of gang's hideout, a large one no less! When she was just a mere "nurse" as these people seem to see her as. There was something strange with why Sera was willing to follow that woman. Almost impulsively, her body moved in the direction where her aid would be needed. This wasn't the first time, but that didn't mean she'd be just as well off as the last -- and the first time could have ended horribly several times over!

Letting out a little sigh, Sera looked at Jackson and nodded. "You're right. What should we do, then? I'm not sure she is going to listen to reason like I am.... I'm worried."

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Jackson replied, "well, I'd assume she is the way she is right now due to her abnormality so if she feels confident in her abilities, then she should just go in; she could handle herself normally. However, I propose that we simply follow for now until we have a clearer course of action. Jackson paused for a moment with his hand on his chin and wondered if Sera would recognize the origin of his analytical and strategic thinking before he continued. "Common, lets go after her, I'd also keep those bandages on as well. Wouldn't want someone to think otherwise than a simple human huh?"
Syphe Syphe

Readjusting the cloths on her arm, Sera nodded. "Hm, you're smarter than you look. I like that. Let's go." Stepping forward, she covered a bit of distance, taking note of the conversation that occurred simultaneously as hers did. The clothing Anesha wore stuck out quite a lot, its white color being a rarer sight these days. Sera vaguely wondered what wearing a dress was like, but shook the thought away -- it would only distract her from a potentially perilous situation. On the road to The One, the unknown only added to its danger. There wasn't going to be a break anytime soon, was there?

Crossing her arms, Sera stopped a few yards away from the red-haired woman, behind. They were going to follow this woman, yet Sera still did not know her name, a fact that does not sit well with Sera.

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
FrostFire FrostFire
Kallo Kallo

Vira

Tib199u.png

Even though it was early, it felt like a time to cool down and chill. Vira glanced once behind her, to see everyone who had followed her. Then she walked up to the building, and pushed open the heavy metal door. With a grunt she managed to get it open. Stepping inside, her view was met with a pretty drab entrance. A staircase across the room lead up, and there were rooms off to the sides. There was obvious signs of people departing. Stuff had been stripped away, leaving non-necessities strewn about, with cabinets open revealing nothing left within. To Vira, this seemed more home than any other place she had been to in many years, and it was nothing more than an abandoned base of a terrible gang.

Anesha
IUp8WQv.png

Mentions: FrostFire FrostFire Kiroshiven Kiroshiven littleberry littleberry Isolde Isolde Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Syphe Syphe revior revior Tyra Tyra Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
to everyone else! :3

Jackson followed Sera up until she stopped to see the spectacular event that occurred. He also caught glimpses of Vira's wants and wishes before the events occurred. Seeing Vira also brute force the door open also earned a whistle of "wow" from him before he followed her inside, but not before he held up his right hand and motioned forward to Sera, and anyone else watching, with his middle and pointer finger. His boots made a *pat* *pat* as he walked along the floor before he stopped in the middle of the room and took note of his surroundings. This room was square in shape and consisted of one staircase going up to the second floor and was flanked on either side by 2 non descript rooms with an equally bland door for each of the 4 frames. Cabinets that once held goods now laid bare with some doors hanging by one hinge, likely due to the rather hurried nature they left in. As for the general upkeep of the room, bits of paper were strewn about, but nothing else came to mind. Likely, the real information would be on the second floor along with any useful items, that is if there were any left. Taking out his titanium knife and holding it in his left hand with his right hand at the ready, Jackson walked up to Vira and spoke. "I'm going to check out the second floor, I'll let you know if I see anything useful." To Jackson, this was just like field exercises from his WG high school training and those that his father spoke of. He knew the proper precautions and the correct steps to take. Quite frankly though, he wasn't sure if anyone else knew, which was why he was going to put himself in front of them.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven FrostFire FrostFire littleberry littleberry Isolde Isolde revior revior Tyra Tyra Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

He would have followed the group in. Looking over at Jackson with a raised eyebrow before shrugging. As he then slowly followed behind him. His hands inside the pockets of his jackets as he watched. Stopping about halfway up the stairwell before looking over at vira. Then at the second flight of stairs on the other side of the room. Dropping down to the ground level and landing suspiciously soft. As he then goes up the second flight of stairs. The doors opening as he stands halfway up the flight. Waiting to here if anyone reacts upstairs.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back