• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓: 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖁𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖙 𝕺𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖆}

Rosemary looked nervously around the room, clutching her glass as if it were the only thing keeping her from floating away. She felt so small compared to the large crowd of people engaged in merriment all around her. Well, she was small but that was beside the point. Looking around she briefly caught sight of Johanna disappearing into the crowd and tho she longed to follow her she wasn't quite fast enough to catch up. Ah well, she'd probably just end up getting in her way anyway. Sighing, she asked herself why she had even agreed to come to this party. Normally she avoided such places, but Johanna had asked her to come and Rose wasn't the type to say no to her "mother", even if secretly she'd rather be home, tending to her plants.

Once more she glanced around the room, searching desperately for a familiar face. To her delight she spotted Lance and Leone and decided to go over and strike up a conversation with them. Weaving through the throng of partyers she made her way over to the two males and, smiling, began to converse with them. In the back of her mind however, she continued to wonder where Johanna had gone off to.

Evangeline watched all the commotion around her, the bustling almost robotic like servers caught her attention, their movements precise to the point of being physically perfect. Her gaze finally shifted at last, away from the servers and landing at the man at the head of the table, onto her patron Ajax. She respected the man, his will and drive to continue what he started rivaled her own will to survive. Though, the opulence of the whole thing was a little much for her, the crowd and gathering the largest she had attended in more than six decades. Trying to push the feeling of anxiety out of her mind she turned towards the glass of water she had on the table. Picking it up she quickly drank it down before holding it out for a servant to take. Feeling it glide from her hand she immediately turned towards the bowl, her thirst still not sated.

Taking her time she consumed the soup in front of her before setting it aside as she took a moment to take in everyone at the table. She knew of some of them, while others she had only now had the chance to meet. The aura of power emanating from the gathered vampires was almost palpable. She studied each of their faces, yet she knew in the coming days she would likely be able to find out more. Her mind finally snapped out of her mindset as Ajax stood, addressing them all and welcoming those new to their family to it. Raising a toast with the others she felt a sense of togetherness she hadn’t in some time, though the feeling made her a little uneasy. She knew the complexities of lineages, forebearers and the rivalries that came with it.

Upon their dismissal from the table Eva stood and waited around as the rest of the guests flowed out of the room. She turned to where she had her things and picking up her bag and tablet. Walking out behind everyone she glanced up every now and then to make sure she wouldn’t run into anyone, though her eyes suddenly locked onto the man without a shirt on. She gazed at him for a long minute like a predator studying its prey. Her eyes only distracted by a human, the scent of fresh meat and the unmistakable beat of a heart.. something she never had trouble hearing over the noise of vampires… the beat of a heart was unique, a light in the darkness of the gathering like beacon for her desire to feed. The thought was annihilated a second later as her eyes broke away from the meatsack.

Kindly declining several proposals to go somewhere more secluded from some of her kin she sought a place of refuge from the debauchery that was unfolding around her. The noises and chaos made her feel uneasy, she was a being of order despite her tendency to push the limits of what was acceptable. Pushing through the crowd she made her way up and to the upstairs balcony. Pressing the doors open she stepped out into the cool snow and let out a gasp of relief as the refreshing air enveloped her. Turning quickly she shut the doors before letting the cold make her feel alive. Turning once more she realized she was not alone having not noticed the figure standing near her. Walking towards her own little corner of the balcony she leaned over the railing, her hands gripping the sides of her tablet.

Risking a glance at Ajax she worked up the nerve to say something to her employer, Ajax. “Its quite the event.” Eva spoke up her eyes now fixed on the screen. She pulled up a recent autopsy, a boneskin she had destroyed and torn apart in a frantic means to understand. It was messy, one of the first she had ever had the chance to study. She critizied her own methods, the marks of a sloppy dissection evident on the screen. She let out a noticeable sigh yet no mist came out, for her body was as cold as the air around them. Finishing her quick study of the autopsy she swiped on the screen to bring up another, a failed experiment, a means to reverse the mutation plaguing the damnable creatures. Feeling her grip tightening she quickly relented before breaking the tablet in her hand. Turning and partially sitting on the railing she looked back at the doors before looking up into the sky.

“I’m not the most social vampire in the mansion but I do know that you give off an aura of someone deep in thought.” She spoke up, trying to force her mind into a social place rather than a place of thought and isolation. “This is too much for me… I will admit. It reminds me of the party that I had the chance encounter with you. To think that was just after I was reborn as a fledgling.” Eva continued, her voice growing quieter as if beginning to be lost in thought. Holding the tablet in one hand she brought the other up to the side of her face and held her head, her fingers weaving into her hair. “75 years… I still remember my death... so thirsty.” she mumbled her voice barely above a whisper.​

Ajaxius hardly moved when Eva came near. He was stoic, blowing cigarette smoke from his nose like a pale dragon. His head slightly inclined in her direction when she spoke, passing her a small, calm glance from over his shoulder. He remembered the event she spoke of, and nodded sympathetically. To him, seventy-five years was but a drop in the bucket, but for her, it was a lifetime. The humans believe that, as time goes on, things become easier-- For them, perhaps. But not for the undead. Of course, living this long comes with it's upsides; For him, it was many things. Women, money, influence.. Ajax was a simple man of not-so-simple pleasures. These nights were one of them. But not for the reasons most would think.

Once she had finished, Ajax turned to face her, resting the cigarette between his lips while he gently reached for the tablet in her hands. Her work was impressive; Sloppy, at first, but with the right direction, she had potential. Something behind Ajax's eyes seemed to light up as he flicked through her notes. He was utterly fascinated. This kind of work had crossed his mind many times before, but he felt no need to pursue it's uncertain rewards. Until Eva. Though their correspondence was brief, Eva demonstrated a skill Ajax had yet seen in some of his other kin. They were abominations in the eyes of nature; But why? What was so unforgivable of their flesh, even the earth wouldn't take them? He hoped, with Eva's help, they could unlock those secrets.

"Mm," Ajax vocalized approvingly, passing her back the tablet without taking his eyes off her. Taking the cigarette from his mouth, he snuffed it out on the ashtray resting there on the balcony. He had hardly touched the drink in his hand-- It seemed, for some reason, he lacked an appetite. Eva seemed to notice it too, and mentioned as such; Getting no more than a faint grin out of him.

"It can be quite bothersome, I admit. It keeps them... satisfied." He said softly, extending a delicate hand to brush a few spots of snow from Eva's shoulder, "..Until next year, that is. Perhaps it's something in the air." He smiled again, that usual charming grin he always wore. The girl was undeniably beautiful, and the poor thing looked a little overwhelmed. Ajax stifled a playful laugh; These parties were more for his guests than for him, but it was amusing to see she didn't care for it as much as he did. Or was he more amused with her in another way? Who could tell-- Like Winona, most struggled to even ponder what thoughts a man like Ajax could even have. But, he couldn't deny that something was nagging him. A kind of pain behind the facade that was almost palpable, if not fabricated entirely.

"You don't seem to take to these sorts of indulgences. I admire that, Eva." He extended a hand to her, as if asking her to dance, his voice nearly matching the tone of hers. His smile was gone now, and replaced with that same stoic, statue-like confidence that made it hard to say 'no' to. But there was another layer to his posture, too; Ajax wanted his own fun, even if for this brief moment. To forget... something, just for tonight.

Of course, the irony was not lost on him-- Ajax was a slave to his own emotions in his own wright, but somehow, he carried himself as though he didn't, and he had managed to convince others of the same. That was all that mattered to him in the end; Opulence over substance. He could thank Emmulsia for that bit of advice.

"..Do you remember when I asked you to dance that first night?" He chukled again, much more softly, his eyes glazing over her face with a mischievous intrigue, "You were so nervous, I thought your heart might yet beat once more."

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

"...Why'd they feet it a carrot, anyway?" Leone muttered curiously, his eyes transfixed on Lance's phone. Lance, for some reason, was too busy cackling to himself to notice Rosemary approach. The two of them had sought refuge from the rest of the party underneath the stairs leading to the second floor-- Somewhere nearby, others had done the same, most notably to partake in.. substances Lance would rather not name. He had sat through so many of these parties now, it didn't even bother him anymore. Leone, however, was a different story-- The shy, anxiety ridden man was furthest in the corner as he could get, leaning himself against the wall in a dark colored suit. His father never attended these parties, and Leone couldn't blame him. It was the one night a year that he was reminded of Ajax's existence, and who wanted that? Leon'e didn't have such a luxury-- With Adrian refusing to leave the cathedral, Leone was the sole successor of the Sionis bloodline. That meant he had a responsibility to Ajax; Which, in turn, meant attending these headache-inducing parties.

Whatever Lance was laughing at, Leone didn't seem to get the joke, but glanced up to see the girl standing their expectantly. He smiled a soft smile, and gave a small wave. Once Lance had finished laughing at what was probably a really stupid meme, he wiped a the tears from his eyes and finally looked to Rosemary.

"Oh, hey Rosie!" He said pleasantly, tucking the phone into the pocket of his disheveled pinstripe suit, "I coulda sworn I saw your mom earlier, but I'm glad you guys could make it."

"Only a few more hours of this, and we can all go home." Leone mentioned despondently, his smile only half-joking. "Dad get's antsy the longer I'm away."

"Eugh, let's not mention fathers." Lance rolled his eyes. If anyone here out of all of them had daddy issues, it was Lance. And boy did it show. "You see that boxing ring? I think Daedric enjoys this shit too much."

"Your sister seems to enjoy it more so than him. I practically slipped on a puddle of her drool earlier."

"Gross, dude."

Leone chuckled and turned his attention back to Rosemary, pulling himself from the wall. Behind him, tucked away there behind the stairs was.. something. A painting, perhaps, covered with a large sheet and shoved into the dark corner.. "Anyway, how are you holding up? I trust the night is treating you well?"

Nox Aeternae Nox Aeternae

James took a place in the corner of the new room. Already he could feel the party wearing on him, and the human blood they were serving at dinner wasn’t helping to settle his unease. His posture reflected his discomfort, his shoulders were tense, and an almost-scowl held his face captive.

Clasping his hands behind his back, he waited impatiently to see what would happen next. As the room filled the friend who had dragged him here nodded at him before continuing. It seemed he would be finishing this party alone, lovely. He supposed he should have talked to that friend a little more at dinner, but oh well, it was over now.

Finally everyone seemed to be present, and the show began. It didn’t take long for James to notice the human, great more humans. However he didn’t realize the display would be so brutal. Wincing at the first vampire powered punch, James quickly realized he didn’t want to witness this. Turning he quickly went to the foyar, where there were already a few gathered.

Leaning against the wall of the new room he closed his eyes and, ignoring everyone else present, began to murmur, “Alright, I’m done. Who cares if I never got to meet anyone important? I don’t. I’m going…” He got stuck on the word ‘home’ as he didn’t feel he had one, and so he paused for a moment “Anywhere but here is better than this.” Opening his eyes he resolved to leave, until he happened to glance up and see the big man himself, Ajex, going out to the balcony.

Taking a single step he was cut off by a woman. She seemed to be looking for someone. After watching her receding back for a moment, his attention was stolen again as another woman tried to keep up with the first. She seemed to be having trouble with that. Ajex was momentarily forgotten as he watched the two, soon enough he could no longer find the first woman, and neither could the second.

Chuckling a little, he looked down in thought. He really should try to talk to someone at least. If only so his friend wouldn’t drag him to someone else’s party, the whole reason they were here was so he could learn to socialize. His friend had a sink or swim teaching method.

Looking up again he found the girl from earlier, looking a little relieved, heading towards the stairs. It looked like her target was the two men under them. Nodding to himself, he started towards the trio, trying to plan a greeting in his head.

Stopping just short of the group, he began to rethink his limited plan. They seemed to know each other well, would it be rude to intrude? Did he really want to try this? Ugh, he didn't want to be brash like last time. In his moment of indecision he stood awkwardly just to the side of the stairs, waiting for something to make up his mind.

Last edited:

giphy.gif
fackel33231.gif

0503e2641bc9cd2ecd04fc0917f934a2.png
Can't see me

full

Sitting along the right side of the intricately decorated dining table, a white haired Vampire could be seen slumped against his chair, his head resting upon his hand which in turn was resting on the arm of the chair; his free hand grasping a wine glass as he lazily tapped away with his fingers. To many, it would appear as if Eldris was not enjoying the festivity as much as the others, though truthfully that was only half correct. At his age, parties such as these lacked any real 'flair', any 'pizzazz'. For the most part he had seen it all and experienced it all before and thus the lustre of such a spectacle of an event was lost to him. What made tonight any different from before? What spark would light the fire in his placid heart?

The boy despite sitting between other members of the Dygarian Family seemed to ignore the majority of their conversations, only ever offering a subtle 'Yes' or 'No' to the questions directed at him, especially those coming from members not in their immediate family; those outside of the Dygarian Lineage. Unlike many of the attendee's, Eldris wasn't really one to 'party' and enjoy the occassion, especially one he has attended so many times before. From experience, he knew that many of the other Vampires of various Lineages tended to have ulterior motives when it came to making idle conversation and for the most part it was simply the weaker of the species attempting to cosy up to the Apex predator, or in this case the descendants of the apex predator; Ajaxius Dygarian. After all It was only natural to want to be in the good graces of someone with such authority and power such as him. Eldris saw these individuals as nothing more than cowards seeking to ride on the laurels of the powerful and like moths to a flame, they were merely pest waiting to get burned. They didn't deserve his full attention, let alone the scraps he was already giving them.

Mulling about in his seat, crimson eyes studied the various servants scurrying about the floor, continuously weaving in and out of the crowd of party goers as they systematically went about their countless duties. Like ants on one of their many highways, these scampering insects were of no value, mere tools to be used until they no longer served a purpose, tools that once useless were to be disposed off and forgotten. They were replaceable. Do humans weeps for every bug crushed underfoot?No, so why should he sympathise with the servants whom sole purpose was to serve their superiors.

As Ajax stood, Eldris's attention was naturally drawn towards his father; the ever imposing figure of the Dygarian patriarch demanding the attention of the whole room. As if time itself had stopped for the man, the cacophony of noise that once serenaded the dining hall came to an immediate stop; silence now perverting the immediate space as all eyes focused upon him. This was power. This was what kept Eldris by his father's side all these years, the undeniable, unmistakable power capable of silencing a whole room of Vampires, a strength that commanded the respect of those who either loved or hated him.

Charismatic as ever, Ajax addressed the whole room in his naturally smooth tone; the smiles of countless other vampires in the room visible for all to see as they sympathised with his speech; many of them lost in the allure and appeal of the promised future. An idea that many but not everyone had bought into. Winona's scoff did not go unnoticed by Eldris as he half heartedly chimed in with the others. Rather than pointing out Winona's actions he decided to remain silent on the matter, assuming it to be nothing more than some lingering displeasure towards the proposed plans. Though his faith in his fathers strength prevented him from foreseeing any troubles arising from this. That and the politics of the forebearers were presently of little interest to him.

Resting against the back of the wall, Eldris watched as various guest began to place wagers on the fight taking form in front of them. In one corner, a nameless man stood exposed; the poor little animal looking around the room as if expecting someone to come rescue it from the horrible fate awaiting him. A foolish optimist this man was, as his wishes went unanswered. He was the sacrificial lamb brought to the slaughterhouse, meat for the grinder and entertainment for the masses. His inevitable death would only serve to heighten tonight's festivities and judging from the ambience in the room, his death could come no sooner as many of the guest's were champing at the bit for his looming demise.

Smirking ever so slightly as he watched Daedric's performance for the crowd, Eldris lamented the decision to have the younger Vampire be the center of attention in tonight's sporting event; Sister Emmulsia perhaps being a bit to biased in her decisions. She always did favour her son over most everything else. From fractured memories, Eldris at least knew that he at some point in his past life belonged upon a stage. That being said, Eldris wouldn't have been as straight forward in his attempts to ridicule the pitiful human. He preferred a far more methodical approach, the gradual dehumanisation of the specimen until it didn't even recognise itself as anything more than livestock and upon coming to that realisation, snuffing it out. Humans were afterall playthings, objects meant to be used, broken and finally disposed of. Daedric however tended to lean towards brawn more so than brains. He was the type who enjoyed strutting his stuff, flexing his new found strength for all to see. Like a prize fighter, he basked in the limelight of glory... though what glory was there to gain from snuffing out something so insignificant.

Turning away from the charade of a boxing match, Eldris briefly caught a glimpse of Lady Winona leaving the room. Whilst not too particularly interested in the Forebearer politics, he reluctantly knew that he'd be doing his father a disservice if he didn't at least attempt to investigate the questionable actions of Winona; though he knew well enough not to actively engage her. With silent footsteps, Eldris too excused himself from the room; eyes fixed upon the matriarch.

Can't see me

Last edited:
As if on cue, Florence Whitechapel manifested from the crowd of dancing patrons; Wearing an elegant, dark gown, she flitted gracefully about the marble floors, weaving in-between bodies effortlessly. Something about the way she moved was like walking on air-- And if James looked closely enough, it seemed she was. Somehow hovering just an inch or two above ground, she swirled and laughed in the heat of the music. She might not like most people, but alcohol and dancing were all it took to break out that cold exterior of hers. But there was something else there, too, gathered at the edges of her dress. It looked like.. dirt? It was hard to tell in this lighting, but it looked as though the ends of her dress had been dragged through mud. She didn't seem to notice, or even care, continuing on with her one-man-waltz.

In the midst of a one of her turns, she bumped right into James-- Nearly spilling the bloody contents of her wine glass. She came back to the floor with a soft thump, and looked toward the mountain of a man before her. For some reason, she was wearing a pair of large, bug-eyed sunglasses, and she lowered them to get a better look at him. Florence vaguely recognized him as one of their newbloods from overseas, but had some trouble pulling his name from the depths of her intoxicated brain.

"Hey, you!" She called over the thumping music, "What's your name, big guy?"

Her words were noticeably slurred, only exacerbated by the next large gulp of her glass. James could smell the alcohol from here, and though it was most definitely blood in her glass, it seems she had combined it with some kind of dark liquor-- Chocolate, to be exact. It didn't help that her sense of personal space seemed to be nonexistent, only a few inches of space between them. When she brought her glass to her lips, again James could notice something built up around the cuticles of her fingers. Dirt, perhaps. Had she gone outside at one point..?

"Florence. Florence Whitechapel, in case you were wonderin'."

IamaKittyKat IamaKittyKat

When Winona slipped away from the rest of the party, It wasn't long before she found herself wandering down one of many maze-like hallways of the mansion. She passed other guests nearby, each on their way somewhere else to do lord knows what, and she regarded them with half-smiles and nods of her head. But the deeper she traversed, the less guests she saw. And soon, it was only her-- She and the looming portraits of faces she cared not to name. Some of them long dead, some of them not. Some even there at the party with them. But, none of their cold, accusing stares or stoic postures were enough to deter her. Her footsteps were hard and deliberate, the click-clacking of tall heels echoing throughout these hallways. To anyone watching, it was unclear as to where she was headed, but made here way there with a fervent, incessant need.

The longer she walked, the more the mansion.. changed. Gone were the marble floors and beautifully painted walls, now replaced with old cracked stone, flickering wall sconces, and the faint smell of mildew and decay. One might not notice because of the overall size of the mansion, but she and the plucky young vampire that followed her here had traversed deep underground-- A private wing of Ajax's home, one that only a select few were allowed to enter. Eldris had heard of these underground tunnels before from his father-- They connected all throughout the valley, even to Adrians cathedral on the other side of town. But even he, loyal to his father, wasn't allowed down here. For there was no telling what manner of secrets were kept here. These hallways branched off in all directions, leading further down. But Winona hardly broke her stride, turning corners and passing through archways without needing to think.

Turning one such corner, after what felt like ages, she came upon a flight of stairs leading down to... something. It was at this point she paused, her hand gripping the side railing as she stared at the heavy wooden door at the bottom. Because of her ability, Ajax always insisted she work here; Locking up her tomes and tools in this.. dingy basement dungeon. Like a muttering old wise-woman, grueling over boiled entrails and nettles. How humiliating.

As she stood there, her head snapped up, and she quickly turned around, as if expecting someone behind her.

"..Must you torture me with your presence this night, of all nights?" She called, her scathing voice bouncing throughout the hallway. Was she talking to Eldris? Had she noticed him afterall? She waited there for a moment, but after a few seconds of silence, she called out again..

"..Don't be ridiculous," She again scoffed, shaking her head and dismissively waving her hand in the air, "Our sisters have brought us what we need, I can--"

She pauses again, as if interrupted mid-sentence. No, it seems whoever she was talking to, it wasn't the Dygarian prince. He was aware of the Forbears afflictions, but had never witnessed them firsthand. Winona, unable to shake the swimming voices of the dead in her ears, threw up her hands with an exasperated sigh.

"You must stop this foolishness. I would never let Him take you from me."

Another pause. Her head tilts curiously, and her brow furrows.

"..Bride? That can't be.."

Finally, she turns, descending the stairs without a moments notice. Soon, she had slipped behind the heavy wooden door, and Eldris could hear the faint sound of heels as they become quieter and quieter..

Phayne Phayne

Last edited:
"Good evening you two," said Rose with a smile. Of all the vampires she'd met, Leone and Lance were the two she liked best. They just had a way of making her feel...comfortable. Even though they were much older than her she found herself able to relate to them better.

"Yes, she was here but she wandered off. I tried to follow her but lost her in the crowd. I just hope she doesn't get into any trouble tonight." She chuckled, but her fears were very real. The last thing she wanted was for a fight to break out between her mother and Mr. Ajax- she was well aware how much Johanna disliked him -and hoped the woman would remain on her best behavior.

Turning her mind back to the party, she gave Leone a sympathetic smile. She could understand his desire to leave, as she really did not want to be here herself. Noisy parties were no place for introverts like themselves. As he shifted she briefly took notice of the object behind him, however it didn't seem very important so she paid it little mind.

"I'm doing quite well, thank you," she answered in that naturally polite way of hers. "Although I agree I'd much rather be at home right now. Events like this are just too...exciting for me." As she said that she tried to block out the sounds of jeering and cheering coming from the boxing ring. The thought of what they were doing to that poor man made her stomach churn, so much so that she had half a mind to step in and stop the fight herself. Pushing the thought from her mind, she looked down at the liquid in her glass and took a small sip. She then looked up at the two males and renewed her placid smile.

"So how have you two been? It's been quite some time since I've seen either of you, is everything going well?"

giphy.gif
fackel33231.gif

Can't see me

full

mothspit mothspit
Silent steps continued to follow Winona as Eldris glided through the various maze-like hallways, the boy growing more intent on finding out the reasons for her suspicious actions thus far. Though whether that was because he saw the need to report her to his father or because of something else entirely was beginning to become questionable. The longer this continued the more interested Eldris actually became, a sense of danger lingering beyond every new corner that Winona took. Of course, Eldris could have gone directly to his father and reported the suspicions he had and thus be done with the problem. Yet that would have only served to benefit his father and not himself; at least not directly. So instead of doing just that Eldris continued to chase after the matriarch, reasoning to himself that this game of cat and mouse was not only an acceptable reason to excuse himself from the festivities, but also a way to address a growing hunger that only now began to grow within him. Like a cat snagged on the aphrodisiac that was curiosity, Eldris's persistence in continuing to follow Winona was spurned forward by his desire to know what she was up to, as well as the potential danger that either her actions or his discovery would cause.

Cheap thrills and charades may work for the majority, but Eldris himself sought excitement beyond what these cheap antics could ever dare to evoke. Perhaps this would be the event that would truly make this a party to remember, to rekindle the dying flame within himself and satiate his as of yet, pleasure-less night.

Still in pursuit, Eldris too was forced to pass various other guests lingering about the manor; their activities better left up to the imagination. It was not uncommon for the denizens of the night to get up to a little bit of mischief on such occassions, their immortal selfs losing to the various temptations that presented itself. Like them, Eldris too was a slave to his own immoral desires; the boy often times losing control to his own inhibitions. What made him different to these guests however was that he had standards, he didn't just allow himself to go crazy with any cheap fling like many of theses guests did. Like a connoisseur of fine wine, who believed that aged wine was far superior to that of cheap mass produced wine, Eldris too liked to think of himself as a connoisseur of pleasure. Thus, rather than accepting the several invitations to partake in illicit adventures, Eldris merely ignored them and continued on his way; intent on satiating the growing hunger, which had a far better chance of materialising the level of pleasure that he saught.

Further into this game, Eldris now found himself in a section of the mansion he had not once visited before; this 'no-go' zone categorised by the sudden change in aesthetics and decor. Gone were the fanciful decorations that adorned the upper echelons of the house and gone were the marbled floors and painted walls now replaced with cobblestone and lit torches. This illicit pair of Vampires were now far beneath the ground, in a place that Eldris had only ever heard of but never seen, for it was a section of the manor reserved only for Ajax and a select few. Eldris hesitated now, as the realisation of what he was actually doing began to grow upon him. Forget pursuing Winona, he was now violating the rules his father had put into place and that in itself brought countless repercussions. If father had given him life then surely he could take it away. That notion caused Eldris to keel over to one side, the boy using a free hand to balance himself against one side of the wall as the weight of the situation hit him all at once.

The cold surface of the stone wall did little to phase the cold blooded monster as he stood there slumped to one side, his free hand placed across his mouth and obscuring the devilish smile that had now appeared. This was certainly a thrill worthy of the name; the vampire prince salivating at the forethought of promised pleasure. Curiosity on overload and the natural adrenaline rush of knowingly breaking the law had caused Eldris to 'tingle' all over in ecstacy, his darker persona creeping out of him in waves of euphoria as he lost himself to the expectant rapture. Pushing himself off the icy surface of the cracked wall, Eldris continued forward with renewed vigor, each new corner he passed evoking a blissful beat of his nonexistent heart.

It was a short while before Eldris stopped once more, only this time doing so in order to not draw the attention of Lady Winona who herself had stopped in her tracks, a flight of stairs leading even further down just about visible in the diminished light. Back pressed against the cold hard wall, Eldris waited impatiently for Winona to continue on wards; drool escaping the sides of his childlike smirk as he salivated at the thought of reaching the climax of tonight's little adventure.

Fingers digging into the flesh of his own arms yet not so much as to break the skin, Eldris just about stopped himself from making noise as Winona's head suddenly snapped upwards and she turned; the Lady beginning to talk. Had he been discovered? The thought ran through his mind as he toyed with the idea of being discovered, just what pleasure would he experience should the forebearer Winona wreak upon him if that were the case?

Eldris was just about ready to step out of the shadows with both hands held up, when she spoke once more. Only this time it was not a question that she had spoken, but rather a response, a response to an unknown voice that apparently only she could hear. The fly on the wall, Eldris remained rooted to the spot; his fingers still digging into the flesh of his arms as he withheld the temptation to reveal himself. It didn't take long for him to realise exactly what was occurring right next to him; this apparent one sided conversation in reality involving more then just one participant.

Like Ajax with his affliction, Eldris was aware that Winona too suffered from a disorder; these ailments an apparent consequence of Vampires classified as forebearers, though it tended to differ among them. Winona in particular was said to possess the ability to converse with the dead, the true dead. Spirits that have long since lost their corporeal forms in exchange for that of the ethereal. Lost souls unable to enter the afterlife; ghost's trapped in the realm of the living. The mention of sisters had caught his attention, though unable to fully hear what was being said he had been unable to realise the actual context of the conversation and in a foolish attempt to get closer he had dared to move from his spot, alas it was not going to happen as a bone curdling chill rang up his spine and darkness took over.

Almost suddenly as things were beginning to get juicy, Eldris found himself sliding down the side of the wall as he crumpled up into a heap; his eyes widening as vibrant images of a past life danced across his visions. The image of a woman clad in a gold sequin dress stood before him; a spotlight from a ceiling unseen shining upon her as she stood, a faint inaudible singing echoing in this darkened room as she performed. The feeling of nostalgia swept across Eldris as he was forced to watch this vision take place again; though this time the memory felt different, it felt stronger. A sense of something far more than familiarity resonated off of the girl as she sang in silence, a familiar scene that often ended the memory once the song died down. However, this time it was different, the song was different and It wasn't until the end of her eerie chant that the girl for the first time turned to face Eldris, her face obscured from view as the spotlight changed from a golden glow to a simmering red. As suddenly as the light changed, so too did the girl clad in gold as she now stepped towards him, face hidden as her outstretched hands drenched in what could only be assumed as blood reached out for him. Unable to move, Eldris could only watch as she came closer, her porcelain skull revealed as she stood within arms reach. Mangled hands closed in on him; the polished black nails scratching against his skin as her bone like hands tightened around his neck. He could not move, he could not escape and like the powerless form he was, he shut his eyes. A loud deafening scream echoed and she was gone.

Eyes shooting open, Eldris instinctively raised both hands around his neck, feeling for any disturbances along his skin from where this ethereal woman had gripped him, only to find that there was nothing there. Of course there wasn't. The sound of a door closing caused him to look in the direction of where Winona once stood, the forbearer no longer there. He had lost the opportunity to follow her any further and any attempts now to enter through that door would reveal him to Winona.

Deciding that he had had enough excitement for one night, Eldris sat against the wall, his body still reveling in the pleasure nurtured throughout this whole ordeal whilst his mind recovered from the haunting vision. Not only had he witnessed something he should not have, he had entered a restricted zone and become privy to tid bits of information not meant for his ears. nuggets that Eldris wouldn't soon forget and were perhaps vital to that of his father who without a doubt would know more about what Winona was up to. Despite having broken one if his fathers house rules, Eldris was somewhat confident that Lady Winona had left him the keys required to remain out of severe trouble.

Laughing inwardly, Eldris however took more joy in discovering that Winona's rumoured affliction was true. It was no coincidence that this vision of the woman clad in gold that for centuries haunted his dreams had occurred tonight.

Can't see me

For all that he had endured in that brief moment, it seemed more was yet to come. As Eldris sat there, deep underground in the secrets tunnels of Ajax's home, he could hear footsteps, though not from the way Winona has just entered; But rather, toward him, and in rapid succession. They seemed to be coming from separate tunnels, but all were making their way down the same hallway both he and Winona had just entered.

As if they had been awaiting this moment, a group of expressionless, robotic-like servants emerged from these tunnels. Whether or not they seemed to notice Eldris, he couldn't tell, as they briskly walked past him without so much as a glance. As they passed, Eldris knew instantly that they were humans; Such were the servants of the mansion. All humans under a vampire's influence, incapable of thinking for themselves. But these ones weren't like Ajax's usual servants. They, too weren't allowed down here, but for whatever reason they had taken to new orders. It seemed unlikely these orders were given by Ajax, what with Winona's sudden appearance just before. To make matters much more... confusing, each servant walked together in pairs, carrying between them what looked like.. corpses.

Yes, that was it; Freshly dead corpses, having been stripped of their clothes and large sacks over their heads. Eldris recognized one from the boxing ring; Having been killed by Daedric's powerful blows. Were these all those that had been brought in for such an event? If so, this wasn't the usual way of disposing them. Ajax preferred taking them to the homes incinerator, disposing of them in the most efficient way possible; With fire. So what were they doing down here?

Paying the young prince no mind, passing by him as if he were no more than air, these pairs too descended the stairs leading to what was presumably Winona's work space, only to disappear behind the door just as she had. Something was going on in that room; Something dark and nefarious, it had to be. And most importantly, something Ajax couldn't have known about. If it were that detrimental, would he not be here himself while the usual romp upstairs carried on? Would he not demand, at the very least, Winona divulge what it is she was doing down here? Of course he would. So why was Winona acting so strangely, if not operating in secret?

If he listened carefully, Eldris could hear two distinct voices, conversing in some part of the room far away from the door. While he couldn't make out their conversation, there was clearly two of them, one undoubtedly being Winona. The servants, while under the influence of Miasma, weren't known to be very talkative; Meaning there was some other prominent figure inside. Someone else with this.. special privilege Eldris didn't have. Were they, too, conversing in secret?

And what, pray tell, was going on inside that room?

Phayne Phayne

Leone nodded. He felt the same, and wondered how long it'd be before Johanna escorted the two from this infernal place. Both he and Lance don't know how she could manage to sit through these nights. When he craned his head up to look where she had at the boxing ring, Lance grimaced as another nameless human had been thrust into the ring-- A larger gentlemen, easily dwarfing Daedric in size and muscle mass. It seemed this fight in particular had been going on forawhile-- Both their faces bloody, the humans knocked-out teeth littering the floor of the boxing ring, and Daedric covered in splotches of the mans blood. Somewhere nearby, Emmulsia was cheering on her ill-begotten son, fanning herself with a row of dollar bills varying in amounts. It seemed she was making a pretty penny off these fights, though with her already insurmountable wealth, she seemed to be more interested in the actual spectacle itself.

Both she and Lance locked eyes from across the room, and Emmulsia's devilish grin grew wider. Suddenly, he felt like Leone was right. Emmulsia enjoyed this far more than her son did. She blew her vampiric brother a kiss from where she stood, and Lance couldn't help but cringe, turning his attention back to the more palpable company near him. At that moment, the large human finally fell-- Causing a roaring cheer from the crowd watching. Daedric threw his hands in the air with victory, and was instantly showered with waves of bills. Two servants pulled the corpse from the ring, and carried it off to some unknown destination. It seemed that was his last fight for now, and Daedric slipped between the rings ropes to go clean himself up.

"Good enough, I guess." Lance muttered, producing a pack of cigarettes from his breast pocket. As he lit one, he offered them to Leone, who politely declined with a shake of his head.

"I do fear for the boy, at times." Leone said to Rosemary, a small frown forming on his lips, "He attends my classes, you know."

Lance nearly choked on his cigarette smoke, "Ha! Look how far it gets him. God ain't here, my guy."

"..Ignore my cynical friend. God is everywhere, even in a place like this."
Leone gave the girl a playful wink, "I'm sure your mother will keep herself out of trouble, wherever she is. I wish I could say the same for Daedric. He isn't like this in my class. He's actually quite.. pleasant."

Seeing Ajax reaching for the tablet made her heart almost beat once more. The thought of her sloppy handy work being reviewed by not only her boss but by the only who housed made her feel ever so slightly sick in the pit of her stomach. She hated imperfection, the thought of being anything but detailed and exact made her feel at odds with herself. Though, she could tell by his initial expressions that he wasn’t taking it the way she thought he would. It seemed that she once more was expecting the worst, a trait she embodied. Despite this she relished in the fact that he let her off the leash, something not even her forebearer would do, knowing well what Eva was capable of. Though, now with her mind free to pursue whatever she desired she began to make headway… even if it was initially sloppy.

Letting a small smile come across her features Eva felt slightly better, his vocal reaction of intrigue made it seem ever so slightly more tolerable for the woman. “Hmmm?” Eva asked not getting what he was referencing in terms of things being bothersome. “Oh, the party… I thought.. never mind…” Eva mumbled at the end while internally cursing herself for tripping up. “If it was something in the air, I feel the others would be as relaxed as I am. I’ve always been partial to snow. I died in the winter just as I was born in the winter. I guess I am just a woman who enjoys the beauty of dry and chilling air coupled with the snow.” She responded as he brushed a small bit of snow off of her. If the girl could blush she would be beat red at this point, her emotions stirring. Bottling them up once more she seemed to revert back to her stoic nature with the drill like discipline of a soldier, though bits of herself managed to work their way through the cracks.

Letting out a small laugh she found a little humor in his assumption of her not taking to the debauchery and indulgences just below them. Though correct she did enjoy a little down time now and then, though with her recent arrival she was still in the mindset of driven work. However, her mind was redirected away from her mental blips on work by him extending his hand. She stared at it for a split second, unlike herself in the sense that she looked like a deer caught in a set of headlights. Her eyes snapped to his face to see that he was dead serious. “I… I haven’t danced in some time.” Eva spoke as she took his hand. It was true, though the fact that he was treating her in a manner that was lost to a majority of people in the modern age made her give into his offer.

Moving with him she held the tablet in her other hand before reaching away to set it somewhere the snow couldn’t reach it. As he continued his words reignited memories she had mostly set aside “I do… I was so caught up in the fact that this well known Vampire would take interest in someone who was only just rebirthed, let alone knowing that I wasn’t anything special.” Eva chided out, a sly smile coming across her lips as she straightened up more “Its almost as if you knew that someday that dance could lead to something useful. I’ve always been a fan of chess and planning your moves far in advance while risky can at times yield some intriguing results.” Eva spoke, not relenting on the fact that she was able to connect the dots to something that long ago. “Our conversations as well I feel played a good part in our continued correspondence. Not many were educated back then, let alone one who was willing to do… unsavory things in the name of science. I guess I attribute it to the things that happened to me. I don’t much care of humanity at this point, sadly though the ones that caused my nightmarish events are now dead… good riddance.” She finished with a smile.

“I have to say, even if you did plan it out I feel rather comfortable here compared to being in Europe. The continent is ancient and all but spent by those that have come before us, Vampire or not. Which is another reason I respect you. You seemed to realize that you needed to go elsewhere, find a fertile ground call your own and what better than to go to the New World. Away from the industrial nature of the all consuming European powers.” Eva stopped realizing she was just speaking her mind now. “Enough of my rambling… I seem to have gone off on another tangent. Lets dance, even though I barely remember how.” the white haired woman said with a slight smile knowing that he was getting himself into something that she doubted even he was entirely ready for.​

His waltz was elegant, one hand clasped with hers and the other casually resting on her side. The balcony was quite large, granting them enough space to glide across the cool stone as if traversing a thin layer of ice. Where Eva fumbled in their dance, Ajax quickly recovered, only acknowledging these mishaps with a reassuring grin. As a man of substance, it was imperative he learn the ways of courtship; As if he had done it a million times before, and perhaps he had, he all but carried the dance entirely, sweeping Eva up in a series of slow, sensual turns and careful footwork. He listened to her intently while she spoke of the past, his expression shifting into one of deep reflection. Humanity was, in fact, a plague in it's own wright, but Ajax didn't hate them. How could he? They practically threw themselves at his feet, begging to prove themselves as worthy companions. They accepted his business from the beginning, and championed him like a God. It had been so long since he shared their flesh, he no longer considered himself having once been human, but rather, weak. For that is what it meant to be human; To be weak and fragile.

"..I am a man of an old world," He mused thoughtfully, "And the old world was harsh and unforgiving. Doing the things others won't is what built this empire. I only hope your work can help us in that effort even further."

Ajax spoke with a type of reassuring sincerity not unlike that of a teacher reassuring a student of their cognitive capabilities. If he hadn't seen potential in her work, he would have never brought her overseas. The fact she was a pretty face was just a bonus-- And while he wasn't necessarily looking for it, he tried to envision the what the future could look like with her by his side. Eva couldn't have known, not being from this land, but she reminded him of someone; From the distant past, and they too had an insatiable curiosity for things others lacked the stomach for. Like before, he envisioned Eva in that seat at the table across from him, and wondered if it would be the same. But try as he might, he couldn't elicit that same feeling-- A feeling he couldn't name, one that was foreign to him in the most terrifying way. A kind of high you were lucky to experience once. But, it was close.

Close enough, He thought.

"I had my romp in Europe," He said finally, his low tone of voice only just above a whisper, "Your mother, Doriene help her, knew how to throw one hell of a mixer." He chuckled lightly, "A shame she's no longer with us."

Though he had little interest in the girls own shortcomings of herself, that kind of doubt would not go unchecked; Lest it breed disinterest in her work. And he couldn't have that.

"Had I sensed you lacking, I would have never saw fit to welcome you into my family," He cracked another charming smile, "And lacking, you are not. Quite the opposite, my dear."

He shifts his body suddenly, using the brief gap in their conversation to dip Eva down low, holding onto her with a firm, yet gentle grip. When he brought her back up, their faces were only an inch or two apart, and their waltz had come to a dead halt. There was a certain look in Ajax's eye, one Eva was certainly familiar with, but he made no moves to close that gap, so to speak. Instead, he reached up slowly to brush a lock of hair behind her ear, and looked about her face as if searching for something in the depths of her soul itself. Attempting to chase that high again.

"I think you will become very important to me, Eva." He muttered, his eyes only half-closing as his mind flashed back to the images he saw on her tablet. Corpses with exposed sinews, malformed anatomy and bastardized attempts at identifying they're various parts. Something about it sent an excited chill up his spine, as if he were on the precipice of something not yet discovered. A way to evolve even further, to become so much stronger. Of course, that exact method had yet to be discovered, but it was only a matter of time. In the meantime, he need only maintain this charade long enough for such information to come to light. He did internally dread the whole process of courtship and it's expectations; Even if he was good at it.

For a brief moment, it looked as though he were moving in to kiss the bewildered girl on her lips, but stopped himself; With his head craned toward the open doorway leading inside, there stood in it's way... Emmulsia Richter, the low moonlight shining down upon her. He had hardly noticed her draw near, the beautiful Dygarian princess basking in the chill of the air as if she had been standing there for awhile. Ajax casually separated himself from his potential business partner, his hands dropping from her body with a half-feigned smile.

"Ah, Emma. How is my little girl?"

"Tsk tsk father, defiling yourself with the help?"
Emmulsia lilted obnoxiously, her piercing eyes throwing daggers at Eva with a mischievious giggle, "How naughty. Shall I call you 'mother' now, too?"

"Now, now. We'll have none of that."
Ajax commanded firmly, his authoratative tone enough to silence the fiery redhead where she stood, "Eva is an invaluable member of our biotechnic department, and you will respect her as such. Now what is it you've come to interrupt us with? Something of substance, I hope."

"..Apologies,"
She regarded Eva with a crude half-smirk before turning her attention back to Ajax, "It's about Master Sionis, father."

Ajax's expression fell entirely. Had Adrian broken his vow of solitude after all this time? He certainly chose the exceptional time to do so.

"..If you'll excuse me, Eva. I'd love to continue this... very soon." He smiled, gave the girl a gentle squeeze of her shoulder, and soon followed Emmulsia back inside, her arm linked with his. With Ajax's back turned, the devilish redhead turned to throw Eva one last look over her shoulder, sticking out her tongue with another playful giggle.

Last edited:
James didn’t see Florence coming, and so he wasn’t expecting the ‘push’ from behind. Turning fast, James could only assume the worst, until he realized it was only a woman. He relaxed as he took in her messy ensemble. That was an odd sound though, he could have sworn something fell, but she seemed to be standing just fine.

He ignored her question at first as he recognized her slur. She sounded drunk. Could vampires get drunk? No one, absolutely no one, had given him this bit of information. He had been living the past 30 years wrong if he could still get drunk, and that definitely smelled like alcohol.

As she gave him her name he realized he should probably give her one too. “My name is James,” he paused before blurting, “Are you drunk?” He couldn’t quite believe it until he confirmed it.

He stuck his hands in his pockets as he thought back to her name, Florence Whitechapel. What had his friend told him about her? She owned a club, and was probably a witch. At least that was all he remembered anyway. Taking a longer look at her he noticed the dirt on her dress and hands. Well, I wonder what she's been up too.

Raising a single eyebrow he said "If I had known dirt was apart of the dress code I wouldn't have bothered with this." He gestured to his button down shirt and dress pants. His friend had told him to try to make a good first impression.

mothspit mothspit

Last edited:

giphy.gif
fackel33231.gif

Can't see me

full

mothspit mothspit
Faith be a cruel mistress, as things quickly begun to take a turn for the worst. Not even being given a moment to recover, Eldris's role as the silent predator was quickly transitioning into just the exact opposite as it seemed apparent that his discovery was all but inevitable now. From around the corner that he and Winona had just come from, the indistinct sound of footsteps were just about beginning to become audible. From his spot, Eldris could just about hear the echoed steps reverberate through the labyrinth of secret tunnels, the precision and consistency of each beat reminiscent to that of a march. With every ticking second that passed this growing chorus of steps were getting closer and closer to where Eldris presently sat, his head now turned towards the direction of the increasing noise as it quickly became clear that there was more then just one set on the approach,

To make matters worse, Eldris himself was not familiar with the various passageways down here and any attempt to make a run for it would have more than likely led to him getting lost down in these catacombs. No, his best and only plausible option was to remain in this spot and hope that these footsteps were heading towards another part of this maze, at least this way he'd still be able to retrace his steps back towards the mansion and back into the party. Alas his hopes were quickly dashed as the footsteps came up upon him; several servants appearing from the tunnels and walking in perfect unison.

To say that this was unexpected would have been an understatement as Eldris quickly forced himself up onto his feet and forced a smile. Had it been anyone else then Eldris would have more than likely taken a different approach, but considering that it was just the usual vermin scurrying about the place he felt confident that his authority over them would have worked in his favour. Preparing to play the part, Eldris took a step towards the approaching servants, the vampire fully expecting all of them to stop in their tracks as they usually did when attending to the needs of their superior. Only on this occasion they didn't. Rather then stopping for Eldris, these mindless drones continued forward; pushing past Eldris much to his annoyance as they continued towards their goal. "Insolent rats" spat Eldris, as his eyes flashed a crimson red and he turned suddenly; intent fully on punishing the human for his crime.

However Being more brain than brawn - unlike a certain someone in the family - Eldris just about held his composure, as in the final moment he restrained the urge to lash out at the nearest servant and tear out his throat. Instead freezing in mid swing. It was only now that the momentary flash of red had dissipated that Eldris actually 'clocked' what the servants were doing; the filth walking in pairs parallel to one another. Between each couple was the limp body of a human corpse, each individual body depicting the same violent story as welts and bruises covered them almost entirely. It was a short second before the realisation came into effect; the 5th pair that had passed carrying the bloodied body of the nameless man that Daedric had fought; his face far from recognisable. Instead, it had been the mans aroma that had caused Eldris to remember, the faint scent of the man which he had smelled earlier on.

Things were only getting more confusing. Ignoring the dead bodies for now, the servants like Eldris were not technically given permission to enter these restricted area, that luxury reserved for only a very select few individuals. The difference between them and Eldris however was that the Vampire boy had the option of ignoring that rule. He had freewill. The slaves however did not and it was that fact alone that had made the situation odd and potentially dangerous for Eldris. It meant that someone had to have allowed them down here.

The next issue was the bodies. As far as Eldris was aware, the standard procedure and most efficient method of disposing the bodies was to use the incinerator. No huss no fuss, just pure disintegration of the body. So why where they being brought down here? Why where they being carried towards the door that Lady Winona had disappeared into?, Did his father know?

Without knowing the truth, Eldris was only able to come to his own conclusions on the matter and neither of them ended particularly well for him. First, in order to bypass the restricted entry the slaves would have had to have been given special permission to do so by Father. If that were the case, then it was safe to assume that he would have been aware of what was happening down here already and thus any suspicions Eldris had would have been for nothing. Whilst that was 'good' in its own right, it also meant that Eldris had no real excuse for being down here in the first place. His actions would have essentially amounted to nothing more than 'snooping and trespassing' and without plausible cause that was a problem. The last thing Eldris needed was to enrage his father. The second option, albeit far-fetched would have been to assume that someone else had given these servants the permission to be down here. Though the likelihood that there was anyone actually capable of seizing control of one of Ajax's human toys was highly unlikely, let alone seize several of them from under his nose. If this absurd idea were to have been the case, then the obvious suspect to that would have been Lady Winona, after all it couldn't be a coincidence that the slaves were making their way towards the same door that she had disappeared behind, though did she really have the ability to seize power from Ajax?, Eldris laughed inwardly at the thought; it was preposterous.. wasn't it?. You'd have to be a fool to even consider it.

Eldris snuck a suspicious glance towards the door, the boy making his way to the stair railings at the top and staring downward. Call it a sixth sense, but Eldris could not help but feel uneasy as he stared downward towards the closed door, two voices barely audible coming from behind the closed door. Like an ominous chill that titillated his core, every fibre in his body wanted to succumb to the sweet embrace of temptation; the desire to walk down these spiral steps and press an ear against the door hard to resist. Had he not known that there was at least one forebearer inside, than he would have happily given in to the blissful allure of temptation and skipped his way down there, alas he did not. Despite technically being 'dead', he still valued his life. It was the only thing more important to him than satisfying his own selfish desires. His dance with the silent hand would have to wait for now.

Though perhaps that was for the best, It was never good to rush these things. Rather then making this a quick fling that he'd soon forget, the thought of letting any potential confrontation with Winona age like fine wine appealed to him. She was after all a forebearer and vampire of note. If Eldris were to confront her, then it would have to be a special occasion. Eldris mused at the idea of snuffing out Winona and making her his own. Admittedly the idea of overpowering and controlling an almighty forebearer appealed to him.

Questions left unanswered, Eldris gave the door one last parting glance before turning around and beginning to make his way back to the party.

Can't see me

original.pngLocation: Was in the grand room, watching people dancing and having a great time, but now is making her way towards the Garden.
Actions: Selene had been drinking her drink when a man approached her, and next thing you know, she's teaching him a lesson...more-so giving him a warning. (read...its pretty juciy)
Interaction: N/A (FREE TO INTERACT....at your own risk)
Mentioned: Ajax ( mothspit mothspit )

Selene had watched as Ajax began his speech, Great, here comes his speech. Selene had nothing against this man, she just always thought he was strange. That was saying a lot, considering that he is a vampire and all, but there is just something about the man that Selene feels that he is hiding. But she keeps this to herself, just like she keeps everything else to herself. Selene rarely talks to anyone that much, since she has issues with trusting people. Yes, even though she has been around for two-hundred some years, she is still reminded of her past when she sees a child or hears a cry of a baby. To her, a fire still traumatizes her, but not to the extent to which it did a hundred years ago. The first few years of her being a vampire were tough for Selene; since her senses were way above level, everything either irritated, saddened, or angered her. If it weren't for her Maker, wherever his soul may be, for giving her this life. But there is a part that Selene hates about it, she watches as the humans in front of her die, never knowing of immortality. Another reason she oftentimes believes she is cursed is that she is allowed to live, never allowing her past to die with her as it should have in the grave.

Selene was pulled from her thoughts when she watched as the people around began to clap and cheer for the future ahead. Selene brought her cup to her lips that were beautifully painted a bright red and took a sip. Selene slowly turned and watched as the crowd and Ajax made their way out of the dining room and through the doorway, where all the festivities would be for tonight. Ajax had a habit of throwing these events, and yet he never seemed to be the one enjoying them. But who could blame him, he has been alive for so long that these events are getting old to him.

Selene just wanted to leave, nothing excited her here. She wanted her own fun, terrorizing the hearts of men was her speciality....joking, maybe. Selene had her fun with a few human hearts, and she was no fool. She made sure her tracks were covered, and no mess was found. Selene learned to control herself through the years by the help of her Maker, he called it a BloodLust. Selene was the worst case that he has ever seen and probably the only case with this BloodLust. Selene only limits herself to an ounce or two ounces of blood, to keep herself quenched and under control.

Selene had been near a column, leaning against it, when a handsome young man with a dark brown beard approached her. He looked to have died at the age of 19 years old and had a stupid naive look on his face.

The Smirk.

"Well hello there, my names Alexander, what is yours?" He asked her.

Selene rolled her eyes before she put her hand in front of her, to keep a distance between her and the young man. "None of your business, so I suggest you move on to the next ignorant girl who is willing to give her time to you, cause I am not interested." She said to him as her voice was laced with irritation.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, is that anyway, a lady should behave? You're like many women around here, wish to date me. I could see it in your eyes," Alexander responded with a hearty laugh as he pushed her hand away and closed in on her; putting his hand on her waist to bring her close.

Selene only chuckled before her smile vanished within a blink of an eye. She brought her hand to the back of his head and grabbed a handful of hair before she brought him down to the level she wanted him to be at. Alexander's knees dropped to the ground and he fought for control, but couldn't seem to be moved. "Get your hands off me you b----!" He exclaimed as he squirmed around.

Selene still had her drink in her hand, while her other hand was doing the dirty work. Her maker would be upset with her if he saw her doing this. Though the commotion that Alexander had caused, brought some of the crowd to pay attention to her. Some of the men were snickering, while others were shocked at the scene.

Selene looked down at Alexander and manoeuvred her grip on his hair so that he was looking up at her, "Look me in the eyes Alexander, and tell me what you see." She commanded.

"Death is what you should see in my eyes, just be glad that it won't be yours," Selene said, but this time her voice was laced with poison as she aggressively let go of his hair.

Selene moved aside from Alexander, while he still remained on the floor, stunned and probably afraid at the moment. Never in his life has a woman talked to him like her, nor laid a hand on him either. Selene made her way through the shocked crowd as they made a pathway for her.

All she did was raise her glass in the air before bringing it to her venomous lips and took a sip. "I change my mind about this event, it is actually quite fun." She chuckled as she placed her now empty glass on a tray when a server was passing by.

Selene had a reputation around, and men knew her name to a T. But never dared to speak to her unless they were allowed to by her. Selene left the grand room with a smirk on her face, as she turned around the corner and made her way towards the garden.

Rose tapped her glass thoughtfully with her fingernails. She didn't know Daedric quite as well as the other two males, though she had met him once or twice. That was partially due to a dislike of his mother, Emmulsia, who always seemed to be hovering around him. The way she acted, so careless and smug, Emmulsia reminded Rose of the girls who used to bully her, the ones who teased her in high school...the ones who murdered her...

Rose's grip on her glass tightened as she suddenly began to recall that night. The dark woods, so beautiful and yet so intimidating, swallowing her up as she followed the group of girls deeper, deeper into the darkness. The feeling of leaves and twigs crunching underfoot as she walked. The rope, dry and coarse around her neck, pulling tighter and tighter as they hoisted her off the ground. So tight....she couldn't breathe...no matter how she clawed at it, she just couldn't stop choking...air, she needed air!

Rose returned to reality with a jolt, her honey-golden eyes wide as she looked down to see that the glass in her hand had shattered. Red liquid seeped down her pale arm, dripping onto the lavish carpet below.

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry" she gasped. Looking around wildly she tried to find something with which to mop up the mess, all the while apologizing again and again to the two males standing before her. It didn't look like she'd gotten any of the liquid on either of them, in fact the only thing stained was the carpet - she hadn't even gotten it on herself - but she couldn't help apologizing anyway.

"Goddess, I'm such a klutz!" she fussed, grabbing a towel from a passing employee. Biting her bottom lip, she knelt and began to dab at the stain with the towel, hoping it would come out, and that no one else had noticed her embarrassing blunder.

Eva
Mentions: mothspit mothspit Phayne Phayne

As their dance continued Eva simply let Ajax talk, he spoke kindly and helped reassure her of her own work. While she considered it sloppy she was not the type to stop once she had begun on a subject. However, his actions began to allude to something she was admittedly distant with.. The concept of courtship and any form of relationship outside of friendly or acquaintance. It was something that had been lost on her for a very long time. For her experience during the prime of her mortal life was that of chaos, turbulence and the knowledge that the next day could be your last. Having someone to watch over, someone to care about and someone to love was something she had never been able to afford. During her time in the camps and ghetto she could not allow herself to open up, as the next day could see them snatched away without warning, lost forever and knowing that looking for them was fruitless.

Eva’s mind however drifted towards the only semi-romantic relationship she had, one with her own forebearer whom Ajax mentioned. “It was sad… it upended everything I had worked towards.” Eva spoke keeping from mentioning the feelings she and the woman she was turned by felt for each other. With another turn she was shocked into reality by her sudden dip down by Ajax as the music stopped. The distance between their faces so small that she could easily have kissed him had she had the courage or the desire to do so. He was undeniably handsome and his power was almost absolute. He was an amazing patron… let alone the possibility of what more he could become. But in the back of her mind the screaming of a younger woman rose to a dim and she didn’t act… she froze.

“I hope I can be of use…” She mumbled out, just loud enough for him to hear her. Her face however changed as it looked as if he was coming in for a kiss himself. He stopped only a hair away from her lips as she realized he was looking at something or someone. As he brought her back up she saw the object of his attention and looked over to see a young looking woman. The woman spoke to her with obvious discontent yet Eva did not see to shift in her stance or change her facial features in response. The encounter with Ajax had stirred a part of her up that hadn’t been prodded in a long time. The instinct of survival as well as a slight tendency of flight, or escaping a situation. “Mother… you may very well be older than I am.” Eva spoke, the emotion in her voice non-existent.

While the woman apologized Eva made no attempt to acknowledge it, simply watching the woman and examining her form, body posture and her physical connection to Ajax. “I am going to make my way around. If you do not find me here I may be below.” Eva responded to him as he left. Now alone on the balcony Eva turned and looked out and into the snow. She took a few moments to enjoy the air before heading back into the stuffy atmosphere of the party. On her way she picked up the tablet and made her way back inside. She slipped through the guests and made her way towards the dining room once more, her mind drawn towards an oddity she had only begun to think on.

Coming into the room she walked to a spot where a painting looked like it had once been hanging, yet the location was now vacant. Running a hand across it she took a long look at it before gazing to the other paintings hanging around them. Thinking it odd and wishing she could find the painting she managed to refocus herself on what she was originally going to do. Moving towards the tunnels she pressed the passage open before stepping inside. She knew the passages were winding but she had confidence in her ability to find her lab below, unaware that someone was coming towards her.​

Last edited:

giphy.gif
fackel33231.gif

Can't see me

full

It was several minutes before Eldris found himself standing at the precipice between dungeon and mansion, the vampire now finding himself a mere corner and staircase away from returning to the basement of the west wing. It was at this basement that both he and Winona had come across several Vampires; a man and two woman who were on the borderline of getting frisky, at least the last time Eldris had seen them. Though from the moaning that he could now hear, it had seemed apparent that the trio had taken their earlier friskyness to the next level, losing themselves to their temptations and actively engaging in their desires. A luxury that Eldris had just denied himself; a rare occurrence to say the least.

Was he afraid?, Why else would he have denied himself the satisfaction?,

Eldris could not help but hesitate now that he was on the verge of returning to the festivities, a sure-fire way to return to the dull boredom that he so sorely wanted to avoid. Sure, he could return to the party and act as if nothing had happened, to put on the facade that everything was ok, but could he maintain that charade? and for how long? Could he really ignore the lingering curiosity he still had? No. He knew for a fact that he'd struggle to remain calm and composed, unable to ignore the questions left unanswered. This inner turmoil was all because he decided to force himself away from that fated door and ignore his instincts. Eldris cringed at the idea of having to go on without knowing, it would kill him if he didn't find out and the idea of regretting his decision to not step through the door was a notion that he could not accept.

Eldris slammed the side of the wall with a clenched fist, gritting his teeth momentarily as he struggled with this dilemma. He had to turn back. There was no doubt in his mind that he wanted to know the truth, that he had to find out the truth and most importantly that he needed to know the truth. He'd be unable to live with himself if he did not step into that room, if he did not satiate the desire that so tightly gripped at his heart. Like an itch that needed to be scratched, he just could not ignore the door and Winona. It simply was not within himself to avoid this opportunity for self-satisfaction, to ignore the open invitation of the mistress called temptation. He'd be a fool for not warning others of his suspicions, but he'd be an even bigger fool for betraying his true self.

Fist raised, Eldris was on the verge of slamming the side of the wall in frustration at his own foolishness when he was stopped. Ahead of him beyond the flickering of the torch lit walls, the sound of the hidden entrance could be heard clicking as it was opened from the other side. Just yards in front of him, someone else had entered into this labyrinth of passageways, the faint ray of light as the door slid open betrayed a shadow along the cobblestone floor, a single lone person had joined him in this dark passage.

Uncoiling the tightly clenched fist of his right hand, Eldris casually raised it upward as he began to brush aside the dishevelled strands of white hair that had long ago covered his brow. Two deep breaths escaped him as he composed himself once more; casting away the darker, more nefarious side of himself. Regardless of who it was that had entered, Eldris knew that he'd need to maintain appearances.

Hair fixed, composed and appearing to belong here, Eldris took several steps forward towards the approaching body, their appearance still obscured by the darker lighting. The faint scent of vanilla began to waft in through the opening, an aroma often associated with the vampire kin. It was several steps, before Eldris could even begin to make out the distinguishing features of the woman standing opposite, her white hair a giveaway. An outsider, taken in by his father years ago. What his father saw in her, Eldris did not know nor did he really seem to care for; the details surrounding her arrival to their mansion being briefly summarised to him at the time. All Eldris knew was that his father valued her, which was why she was welcomed with open arms.

"Well if it isn't Eva" began Eldris, his voice calm, controlled and composed. It be hard for anyone to notice anything other than a composed individual, the earlier inner turmoil that he had struggled with no longer visible on the surface. Regardless of what demons he was fighting, the act of putting on a mask and playing a role always seemed to come natural to him.

"What brings you down here tonight of all nights?" he asked, taking a step forward so that he was even closer to her. "Does father's party not interest you?"

Can't see me

Florence was, in fact, very drunk. She turned her head to the side so James could speak directly into her ear, and though it took her a moment to process the question, she couldn't help but let out a hearty cackle.

"Yes, yes I fucking am, my friend!" She laughed again, all but falling into him. Florence normally wasn't so talkative to strangers, but something about tonight was different. It wasn't just the booze, or the loud music, or the drugs-- Something she most likely also participated in-- But something actually worth celebrating; A revolution. Of course, James couldn't understand that. He was a newbie here, he had yet to experience the horror that was Ajax. With any lucky, he wouldn't have to.

When he mentioned the dirt staining her ensemble, Florence looked down at her mud-stained dress. A pout formed on her lips, and she looked back up to James with no more than a shrug. "Sorry, I just got back relieving a grave of it's corpse," She slurred heavily, tipping the last of her glasses contents down her throat, "..What was left of it, anyway! Crazy what fire can do to a body, huh?! I could only find the skull!"

Another drunken cackle. Christ, she was wasted. And what the hell was she talking about? Was that some kind of sick joke? It was hard to tell; Despite being hammered, she acted like grave robbing was as normal as tying your shoes. And did she even mean to say it at all?

"..I'unno what it was for though," She clarified, "Some weird ritual thing. Mom doesn't tell me shit. Love her though!"

It seemed, whatever the hell she was talking about was either a joke James just didn't get, or she was dead serious. Frankly, given the state of affairs, either option was possible. Florence held her empty glass high in the air, and almost instantly a servant rushed by to relieve it from her, and thrust a full glass into her palm. She looked back to James, "...You want anythin', big guy? Whats'yer poison? You a whisky man? You look like you drink whisky."

The man Alexander soon scrambled to his feet, muttering profanities under his breath as he pushed his way through the crowd to some other part of the room. For a moment, the surrounding patrons all bore looks of shock and confusion, but as the lady departed, soon they all went about their business, the party continuing on. Somewhere ahead of her, Ajaxius walked arm-in-arm with the red haired menace that was Emmulsia. She was whispering something into his ear as they walked, and though Selene couldn't see his face from this angle, it was clear the matter was urgent, as his brisk stride made it hard to keep up with.

Once Emmulsia had finished speaking, the two parted ways, with Emmulsia returning the direction she had originally came from. When their eyes met in passing, the Dygarian princess offered Selene a Cheshire-cat smile; Filled with mischief. She soon vanished in the sea of people though, slipping away to whatever cave she undoubtedly crawled from. Ajax continued walking the same direction, a phone now pressed to his ear. It seemed he, too, was headed to the garden, it being the only quiet place in all of the mansion, and also the most beautiful.

The two passed through a set of open doors leading outside-- Immediately greeted by a grandiose heated stone fountain, statues of angel cherubs spitting water on either corner. Tall, luxurious hedges carved ahead a small maze, adorned with well-kept shrubbery and flowering bushes. A stone pathway lined the area, leading up to an elegant wooden gazebo, overlooking a frozen-over koi pond. Small lanterns dotted the space, and high in the sky, a full moon could be seen peaking from behind thick bundles of clouds; Dropping a light snow. It was an incredible space, emphasized by various exotic flora and fauna. Other guests had made their way here, though not many, laughing and clinking glasses together. Ajax greeted those he saw, thanking them for attending before taking his spot at the gazebo. Nearby, a handful of servants had spread out, tending to the gardens various needs. When asked, one produced a thick cigar for Ajax, lighting it for him before leaving him there.

Still on the phone, he began to speak softly, as if he were attempting to calm the person on the other end..

"Compose yourself, my friend. There's no need to-- Yes, I understand. Alright, go on then. I'm listening."

He pauses, his expression changing into something indiscernible; Anxious, perhaps. The person on the other end of the phone continued for a brief moment, and just as Ajax opened his mouth to speak, he stopped-- Something he heard granting him cause for alarm.

"..You're sure of this, Adrian? Her grave was near the woods, was it not? You're sure an animal didn't--? Okay, yes, I'll return the boy to you. Yes, I will tell him. It was good hearing from you, we should--"

Click. Ajax stared at his phone as the call abruptly ended. Exasperated, he grabs a servant by the collar and angrily whispers something into their ear. Immediately, they set off on their instructions, leaving Ajax to puff his cigar once more. Was it a coincidence that tonight, when he couldn't forget the past, it was coming back to haunt him all the same? No, he reasoned, Adrian is an old fool.
His 'revelations' are the ramblings of an insane manchild. Nothing more.

sprouhtt sprouhtt

Both Lance and Leone jumped slightly as the glass broke in Rosemary's hand-- The older vampire quickly flagging down a servant to help clean up the mess. Some had gotten on his shoes, but he paid it no mind, squatting low to the ground to help delicately pick up shards of glass.

"Woah, you alright?" He asked, his brow raised. A servant had taken the rag from Rosemary's hands, and began cleaning it themselves. At which point Lance backed off, and looked to the younger vampire curiously. This night was too much for a lot them, so he didn't blame her. Leone, too, moved to comfort her, but was stopped by.. another servant, having hardly noticed they approached. They whispered something in Leone's ear, and if the boy had any color in his face, it surely would have drained. He frantically pulled the phone from his pocket and began dialing.

"Jeez, you too? What now?" Lance asked, "This little shop of horrors has everyone stressed, huh?"

"It's dad,"
Leone blurted, his hands shaking, "He's having another meltdown. A bad one."

Lance's expression fell, looking to Rosemary with concern in his eyes. He had, on many occasions, expressed concern for their friend Leone, having to be the caretaker of Adrian Sionis-- A man whose more than 100-year-isolation only exacerbated his tendency to see what he calls 'revelations' from God. Of course, no one believed this to really be the case; Rather, Adrian was suffering from some form of insanity, brought on by his status as Forebear. All Forebears suffered this way, but Adrian was always so sincere in his convictions, it was hard to tell if he was really speaking with the Lord, or if he merely thought he was. Given their friendship, both Leone and Lance had often spoken to Rosemary about their grievances; She was all too aware of the kind of suffering Leone had to put up with. He looks to both of them with sad, sympathetic eyes. The party was insufferable, yes, but so was Adrian. He was trading one kind of suffering for another. A rock and a hard place-- And he hated it.

"Sorry, I guess I'll... see you guys later. It was good seeing you, Rosemary. Tell your mother I said 'hello.' "

"..Do you want me to come with?"
Lance suggested, "Anything to get the fuck out of here."

"I.. I don't know,"
Leone sighs a frustrated sigh, receiving no answer on the other end of the phone, "Whenever he gets like this, it's bad. He throws things, tries to hurt himself, wishes he was dead.. Honestly, it's not something I want you guys to see."

With that, the young monk makes his leave, leaving Lance and the younger vampire alone. After a moment of awkward silence, Lance shrugged and gestured to the direction his friend had gone,
"We're totally going after him, right? I mean, we can't let him deal with that shit on his own."

James winced at the loudness and tensed at the closeness of the girl. Whispering a soft, “Shit,” he had no trouble believing she was drunk now. And now, with that being true, he decided he would have to try it out. It might take more alcohol then he remembered but he would be drinking by the end of the night.

He was momentarily distracted from his new quest when she mentioned a now corps-less grave, and that she was the one to make it that way. Quickly he decided he didn’t really care that there was only a head, or why she needed it in the first place. Which was lucky, because she didn’t seem to know why either, and she was easily distracted by more alcohol.

The last time he saw his human father, he was drinking whiskey. James used to drink it with him before he decided to leave home in search of independence. That was the last time he drank whiskey, and it felt like forever ago.

“I haven’t had whiskey in what feels like a long time,” he paused as he thought a little more about it. Parties weren’t really his scene, but Florence seemed to be a very happy drunk. If he wanted to drink, then he might as well start now, with a good natured, already drunk, acquaintance by his side.

Nodding decisively he turned to where the servant had come from and started to ask, “Alright, how do you-” He was stopped by a servant already rushing over with a tray, which had a whiskey bottle, a cup of blood, and an empty glass. His eyebrows rose as he slowly reached to take the bottle and empty cup, leaving the blood where it sat. He didn’t know exactly how the servants worked, he knew they were mind controlled but he didn’t know how to get their attention , or if they would even do what he wanted.

Turning away from the servant, he opened the bottle and poured a good amount into the cup before setting it back on the tray. Taking a sip he relaxed a bit. Content with drinking in peace, he didn’t really say anything for a while.

Eva
Mentions: Eldris Phayne Phayne

Coming into the basement Eva smelled the unmistakable scent of sex filling the air. After a few moments the noise confirmed it and it left her eyes narrowed. The debauchery above seemed to permeate everything, going as far to even end up in the basement of the mansion of all places. Brushing the images and smells from her mind she refocused herself down to the tablet she carried. Walking carefully as she swiped on the tablet she accidentally walked into the passage entrance itself, catching her off guard and making her nearly drop what was in her hands. Grumbling she locked the tablet and pressed on the entrance to open it up. Stepping inside she turned to make sure it was sealed before activating the tablet once more causing the passage to light up for a moment as she check her location with the rough map she had made of the tunnel system.

Taking a few steps down she came face to face with another vampire, one she had not had much of a chance to talk to during the last few months of her time being among them. Though she did know his name, Eldris. The fact that he had been standing there for a few moments was not lost on her. She did not hear footsteps coming up to meet her nor did she see him moving when she descended. “Hello Eldris.” Eva responded to his greeting. She was ever so slightly shocked to see someone else down here, but the reality of the party above snaking its way into every part of the mansion should have made it a possibility in her mind. Either way, he stood between her and the path down into the tunnels.

“That doesn’t concern you, or at least it shouldn’t. Why I am down here is for reasons I feel I can keep to myself. Though I do admit that I don’t know these tunnels very well.” Eva chided out her eyes taking him in, attempting to discern what the hell he was doing down here. Though her mind screamed when he took a step closer to her. Instinctively she took a step back to keep a respectable distance from him, nearly tripping on a step. “I am not a fan of parties, let alone ones that involve so much debauchery and opulence. My type of enjoyment can be equated to watching paint dry or sitting and reading books.” She continued before trying to look past him “Excuse me I’d love to talk but I have something on my mind and I would like to reach my destination before I end up forgetting it.” She lied through her teeth. While she did in fact have something on her mind it was unlikely that she would forget it, yet she wanted to get past him more than she wanted to be civil. Not waiting for him she managed to slip past him, her slender form brushing against him before she ended up behind him.​

mothspit mothspit

"I-I'm fine," she began, backing away from the mess as the servants took over. Looking more closely she noticed that she had indeed spilled a little on her dress, but the dark blue fabric hid it well so she had no reason to worry. Turning back to the two men, she was just in time to see a servant whisper something in Leone's ear that caused his expression to change to one of alarm. Curious, she didn't have to wait long to understand why.

Exchanging a look with Lance, she couldn't help but feel sympathetic for the younger male. Every forebear suffered from some kind of ailment, but Adrian's was by far one of the worst; at least that's the impression she got from listening to Lance and Leone. She also knew that poor Leone was the one who had to constantly deal with these "break downs" whenever they occurred. It reminded her of how lucky she was that Johanna's ailment wasn't so extreme.

Watching Leone walk away she felt the urge to chase after him, to let him know that he didn't have to go through this alone. Fortunately, Lance seemed to be thinking the exact same thing. She nodded, shooting one last glance at the servants who were still cleaning up her spill. They could handle it, right now she needed to catch up with her friend.

"Of course we are; let's go."

original (1).pngLocation: Finally made her way into the garden.
Actions: Nothing crazy, just sat down across from Ajax.
Interaction: Ajax mothspit mothspit
Mentioned: N/A

As Selene was walking down the hallway, she tried to familiarize herself with a couple of statues and paintings, just in case she wanted to head back to the party. The garden was on the other side of the building when she began to make her journey there. There were a few people in the hallway, some were just talking amongst themselves, others were sharing sweet nothings in another's ear, and others looked like they were getting some fresh air from being stuff in the room with a bunch of vampires. Selene held her dresses skirt just slightly as she went down three steps to get onto the other level. A couple of feet in front of her was Ajax, he looked to be in a rush, and on his arm was Emmulsia. Selene absolutely despised that woman; she looked like she had a stick up her. Every time they would cross paths, she looked like she was up to no good.

Selene watched as the woman walked with Ajax, and all Selene could do was just watch. After a moment of walking, they finally made it to the same place Selene was going too, but Emmulsia didn't go inside, she left Ajax. As she made her way towards Selene, Selene moved her shoulder just slightly away from hers, since she got too close to Selene. Selene wished that she could wipe that smug look off that woman's face, but she knew it wouldn't be very civil of her. That was the old Selene, the new Selene can't afford to get her nails dirty.

Selene made her way inside, some people were being greeted by Ajax himself, and others were busy chit-chatting the night away. But it was pretty quiet for the time being, which is why whenever she was attending one of Ajax's events, she would always make her way to the gardens. It reminded her of her human life, the stillness of all the flowers, while the gentle breeze kissed her cheeks. Selene's eyes fell upon the gazebo, where Ajax was, and quite frankly he took her favorite spot on the gazebo; right where the moon's light hits. Selene walked gracefully on the small, yet smooth gravel pathway that led to the gazebo. A part of her dress had a slit, to allow her leg to have a chance at the spotlight, and when the gentle breeze came by her as she walked over, it brushed against the opening and showed her smooth leg.

When Selene reached the gazebo, she sat across from Ajax and just watched him, before she thought about what to say.

"Stressed?" Selene asked as she finally crossed her right leg that had the opening slit side of the dress, over to her left leg. "You do not seem too happy tonight, Ajax. Your eyes tell me a different desire that you wish, instead of being here." Selene noted as she brought her hands to her lap.
c7fdd1ece2df10b297811398719d1a45.jpg

Lance nodded in approval. The cathedral and it's Abbey were on the other side of town-- Normally, Lance would take the usual shortcut; A series of underground tunnels, right beneath their feet. But, there was no telling where Ajax was lurking about, or what sort of defilement and debauchery was taking place down there. Not only did he not want to find out, he wasn't about to expose Rosemary to that either. Better not take his car either; If Ajax came back and found him gone, he'd catch an earful later. Being one of three siblings, potential heir to the Dygarian throne, his father always pressured him to show up to these ridiculous events, just to impress his friends overseas.

"We'll have to fly." Lance groaned. Even though they were more used to the cold than the humans, it was still annoying to fly in the snow. Taking Rosemary's hand, Lance gently guides her through the bustling bodies of the dancefloor-- The night was still young, and everyone else around them acted as though it was their last night on earth; Hardly paying them any attention as they pushed past. Leone had gotten a good headstart on them, but they shouldn't be too far behind him. Once at the main entrance of the mansion, a set of servants promptly opened either door for them. Lance gave them an awkward 'thank you' before stepping out into the bitter snow.

Nearby, in the gravel of a winding driveway, expensive sports cars lined one side, slowly collecting snow. Tall trees and thick brush surrounded them, forming a clearing around the secluded upper valley where the mansion rested, right in the heart of a mountains forest. Lance squinted down the pathway leading down back into the Valley-- No sign of Lance. He could move fast when he wanted to, that was for sure.

The Dygarian man began buttoning up his suit jacket, and pulled up the neck of a solid black turtleneck until it covered both his nose and mouth. He motioned for Rosemary to do the same-- Covering her face as much as possible, and fasten down any loose clothes.

"Follow me, and try to stick to the shadows if you can. It's late, but there could still be some humans around. Don't let any of them see you flying, cool?"

As soon as he finished speaking, Lance squat down low on one knee, facing the direction his best friend had gone. Though a living being he was not, and no longer needed to breathe, he inhaled anyway-- As if to calm his nerves. It had been awhile since he flew, what with the invention of flashy sports cars and all. But not a second sooner he jumped, launching himself high into the air; On his descent, he was now yards across the driveway, landing and clinging to the side of a tall pine tree. He beckoned Rosemary to follow before leaping to the next..

Florence watched James curiously, nodding in approval as that very same alcohol was brought to his person. Just as she opened her mouth to speak again, cousin Lance barreled past her, pulling along with him one of Johanna's offspring. They were off to go do.. something. Something important, by the looks of it. She blinked, watching them go for a moment before turning back to the man before her. He reminded her of Daedric, in some weird way. The two had similar builds; Tall and strong. In the back of her mind, she wondered where that beautiful specimen of a man wandered off too..

"You ever get in a fight?" She asked him, lightly sipping her fresh glass, "We got a fighter in the family. Tough guy like you." She lets out a small giggle, giving James a small, half-hearted attempt at a punch in the chest. Daedric, when it came to fighting humans, was an animal. And though he'd often spar with some of the other rowdy youth of the family, Florence had yet to see a real cage match between vampires. Of course, she wouldn't want anyone to die-- Just to see who would win. As if she had just had a mischieveous idea, her expression shifts to a sly, coy demure, staring at James over the top of her bug-eyed sunglasses.

"..If you get in that ring with him, I'll tell you a secret." She slurred again, lazily gesturing to the bloody boxing ring, now currently being cleaned down by a handful of stoic servants, "A really good secret. It might even be about you."

Ajax had already puffed his way through half the cigar by the time Selene approached. His head had been hung low, and he leaned forward, both elbows resting on his knees. Under him, he saw Selene's feet come into vision, and soon he trailed both eyes up that same smooth leg, until he met her expression with his. Yes, it was true-- He was feeling quite the mix of emotions. But, he maintained his composure, all things considered. His temper was known to flare now and then, but luckily for him, such rage could be repressed quite easily, especially in the presence of a pretty face. Ajax smirked lightly, leaning back in his wooden seat and smoothing back some stray locks of dark hair in the process. He holds the cigar in one hand, the other laying across the railing next to him.

"Am I that transparent?" He chuckled smoothly, a set of pale baby blues glazing over the woman's frame. Then, he sighs, tearing his eyes away to look down at the empty space next to him. He appeared in thought, taking on the persona of a man in grief. Suffering internally, but too scared to show it. Of course, it was so hard to tell when he was sincere and when he wasn't. Perhaps it was a mix of both-- Using the truth to strengthen a lie. 'Transparent' was too generous, when the opposite was far more apparent.

"I've just heard from an old colleague. A friend of mine. He shared with me some... rather unfortunate news." Again his head lowers, like he were aching for this colleague he just mentioned. He brought the cigar to his lips, and for moment, his face become obstructed by a thick cloud of smoke.

"It's... his wife, you see. A good woman, she was. Evidently, she passed away some time ago now, and the poor bastard still misses her," He says behind the smoke, the moonlight cutting through it to illuminate his eyes, having now locked on Selene again. Though, only his eyes-- Sparkling and piercing-- were seen through the hazy air just in front of him, if only for that brief moment. "He still sees her sometimes, he says. In his dreams. Can you imagine such pain?"

His voice, smoother than velvet, yet gentle and sympathetic, but no more than a light whisper-- He sounded in pain himself, though in a different way. A much more personal way. Almost as if, he understood the pain of this 'colleague' all too well. And given how long he'd been alive, it wasn't out of the question. A light gust of breeze washes away the smoke; Ajax's face, calm yet stricken with grief, was now visible. He looked away for one last time, shaking his head to himself. How much of that was genuine? It was hard to tell, Ajax had been in this game too long. No wonder so many people liked him.

"Forgive me, I simply couldn't imagine it. But enough about me, darling. How is the night treating you?"

sprouhtt sprouhtt

Last edited:
original (1).pngLocation: Finally made her way into the garden.
Actions: Took Ajax's cigar and now sitting next to him
Interaction: Ajax mothspit mothspit
Mentioned: N/A

Selene took it upon herself t examine him, Ajax looked very complex. The way the moonlight illuminated his structure to cast his shadow on the wooden floor of the gazebo. This made Ajax seem huge, stronger and powerful in the shadow. But the shadow that the moonlight was casting of him, didn't represent the man sitting on the wooden bench of the gazebo. He seemed hallow. Though his eyes were beautiful, the way it lingered on Selene. Selene loved the effect that she had on men, if this was before she had been wed, she would have felt rather uncomfortable. But given the fact that she had devoured her 'lovers' heart the night she was turned, gives her no ability to feel what she felt before.

Pure bliss, from the acknowledgement of someone who loves her.

Selene could never find that, or rather, she could never allow what happened to her in the past happen now. Which is why she tells herself never to get too close to a man.

As he told Selene of the situation, he almost looked sympathetic. But his persona and aura wouldn't allow his mind the satisfaction of sympathy, nor to express how he was feeling towards the situation. So he remained sombre as he puffed a cloud of smoke into the cool air. As he asked her the question, whether it is rhetorical or not, she couldn't help but fathom what the man was going through. Losing the love of his life. Even though Selene stopped loving her ex-husband after the first time he hit her, she never thought she would love again until she gave birth to her daughter. Selene felt more than unconditional love for her daughter; Selene's soul was intertwined with the new desire to shower a newborn with all the love and comfort she never received.

Selene uncrossed her legs and got up from where she was sitting and took a few steps towards Ajax. Stepping into his circle of smoke, she took a seat next to him and continued to cross her legs like before. Selene turned her body to him and eyed his cigar from the side of her eye before she reached out slowly and took the cigar from his lips. She watched as he exhaled a light cloud before she brought the cigar towards her gentle yet dangerously red lipstick-stained lips and inhaled cancer as she stared at Ajax.

Selene withdrew the cigar from her lips to speak, "I can imagine the pain..." she stopped as flashbacks of the flames from her daughter's room came back. Selene closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh, "...the ain will always be there for your friend, as a reminder. But as time goes on, it will become less and less painful to remember." Selene assured him as she held the cigar between two of her fingers.

She chuckled just slightly when he asked how the night was going for her, "....no need to change the conversation, I can listen." Selene said. She almost chocked mentally when she heard herself say this. Though something inside her felt sad or sorry for Ajax. Even though Selene gave off a cold persona, she still had a bit of her humanity attached to her soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back