• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Coming of Two Kingdoms

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"No, I dont believe i have," she answered, "I've spent time away from the palace but not as long as we will be away. This is all new to me. I suppose we should be readying ourselves and our belongings. I havent the slightest idea of what to bring aside from clothes."

Rhonin nodded. "I am sure there are already arrangements and preparations being made in Amaranth." He paused and brightened some. "We have not looked at our Wedding Gifts, have we? We have been so busy. Let's retire to our quarters and look at them, I know my parents have gifted you somethings that will make your journey to Ruvio better."

Sevora nodded, leading the way, "I believe my parents gifted you something to make your summers here easier as well. I think you may enjoy it."

As the couple got to their quarters, they were, once again, greeted by piles of gifts in the corner of the room. It had been there since the wedding, but the two were too busy to have looked at the gifts. Of course, the gifts from both of their parents sat in the front, ready to be opened by the couple. Sevora brought up the gift from her parents to Rhonin and to handed it to him, "Here."

"Thank you" Rhonin stated taking the gift and opening it, and then offered a gift to Sevora. "For you from my parents."

Contained inside was a beautiful white fur hooded cloak, with a scarf to cover her face, gloves for her hands, and a sturdy pair of boots, as close to her size as possible. Also present was several layered outfits designed for cold weather, that all mixed and matched.

"Cloak is of a rare bear, who lives in the polar region north of the obsidian mountains, its fur will keep you warm in the wind and cold, and also it blends in with the outside scenery like a chameleon. The bear has this mechanism to avoid the great white dragons that exist in that region. The clothing is in the Ruvian style. Layered, the inner clothing may be somewhat...less than what you are used to, but you can always put on another layer to cover yourself."

He then gave her a knapsack not unlike his own, but with a sun on it rather than a moon. "The gnome tinkerer Kivix, made this as a gift for the one I would marry. He is an amazing and creative soul. I hope one day you get to meet him. Kivix can manipulate space in his creations. It is like my knapsack as it is deeper on the inside than it appears on the outside, and can hold a large variety of things no matter how big they there. Now I would not put anything living in there as there is no air. But I have many books, among other things in my knapsack and it is very light. After you put something in there, you reach in and think about what you want to pull out."

Rhonin then went to his chest and pulled out of the bottom two items. The first was a Ruvian Long Knife. A blade that was about a foot long, longer than a knife, shorter than a short sword. It was made of the black iron ore of the Obsidian Mountains, the hilt and pommel was carved in a way to look like a beautiful tree, its leaves were tiny gems.

"All Ruvian nobility and warriors have their own Ruvian Long Knife. They are passed down through the family. This was one that was forged in the Heart not long after the exodus. It was given to the Queen at that time and she had passed it down to her daughter and so on. My twin sister and I have matching long knives created for twins. This particular one was my older sister's and now it is yours to bear. This is a means for other Ruvians to recognize you as one of us. Normally we would give this to you when we get married in Ruvio, but I felt it important that you have this so as not to stand out too much when we go there."

He then offered her a brilliant silver necklace with a glowing red crystal in its heart. "This is my most sacred present to you. When I was chosen by Ruvan, the Great Red Crystal in the Heart of the Mountain offered a shard to be ground into a powder to be used to create my tattoos. The shard had some remaining and this was made. It was made for you. Since this crystal was part of the same shard as my tattoos, it is linked to me. I will always know where it is, and you may use it to find me." He let her take it. "If you notice, you can feel my heartbeat through it. It will also keep you warm and provide you light. Master Pallas said that it could very well have other powers yet to be discovered. But it creates an even stronger bond between us."

"Oh, Rhonin, these are all so beautiful!" Sevora gasped. She happily wore the necklace and smiled, "These are all wonderful gifts. I cant wait to wear the clothes I've been given. They all look so lovely."

She then giggled, "I think my hair may match the cloak. What do you think?"

Sevora moved to the gifts to be given to Rhonin and gave them to him to open, "My parents have gifted a few sets of clothing for you to wear here. They cover more than you are likely use to, but they are also much thinner. And they are colorful, as to match the styles we wear here." She paused handing over another, "This is from Galen. It is a trinket, so it isn't very useful, but it is very beautiful. When he heard you received land in Aramanth, he crafted a statuette of a Lily. They are common in Aramanth. Grow there like common weeds. It is beautiful. And it is made to look like it is in a ring of willow tendrils. Which are also common there."

She then took up a bow that sat in the back, "I know you may not use it, but it is a traditional gift here. It was made of a rare tree in the southern part of Asteria. Its very sturdy but flexible. It takes a lot to break these bows, and the arrows made from them. This was from my father specifically. These are used both as protection and hunting. It is much like the blade you gave me. All the royals have one. And all the royals are buried with theirs."

And finally, a small box, just large enough for a piece of jewelry, "I had this crafted a long time ago. A circlet with a shard of sky crystal in it. It matches the one I wear daily. It is dear to me, as I've always had a strong connection to Astera and her crystals. They do give the ability of lightfootedness as well as flight if you know how to harness it. But it takes years of practice to get it right."

Rhonin held up the clothes and nodded with satisfaction. "They do look comfortable for sure. I will try them on in a moment. I will have to thank them for this."

He then looked at Galen's Lily statue, "This is wonderful. That makes me feel better about staying in Aramanth, I am looking forward to seeing our lands now."

Rhonin stood up and tested the bow, "I am trained in archery, I did a lot of hunting when I was traveling, short bow mainly, I admit I am..sufficient in its use but it is not my specialty. This bow is amazing, so light, and yet the pull on it is strong. You will have to retrain me in its use." He grinned at the thought of Sevora wrapping her arms around him to adjust his grip and aim. "I think it would be fun and may lead to other things..but it would still be fun."

He picked up the circlet and looked at it. His tattoos seemed to glow faintly like there was an affectionate connection as their powers touched. He placed it on his head. "Wonderous, it feels like something that had longed to touch each other finally coming together."

Sevora smiled, stepping closer to him. She gently took the circlet and put it on him before leaning in to kiss him, "It looks perfect on you. I am happy that it fits. Now we both have a crystal from each other's home as well."

She smiled, touching the necklace she now wore. She swore to herself it would rarely be removed, safe for nighttime. She then looked at Rhonin and smiled and glanced at the bow, "I will happily retrain you the use of the bow. The way these are made make their use something you will have to adjust to. It will be fun."

The procession left the Palace with fanfare, the people lined the streets to wish their Princess and new Prince. There was cheering and the waving of ribbons as the group of horses and reindeer trotted through the streets of the capital. Rhonin wore his new Asterian clothes as he road along on his reindeer, beside Sevora on her horse, flanked by Nevri and Durant on their own reindeer mounts with the other Asterian guard assigned to them as well as several wagons of mostly Sevora's things to go to Aramanth.

It took an hour or two to get through the capital and eventually made it to the rolling hills of fields in the Asterian heartlands heading north and east toward Aramanth.

Sevora seemed more than delighted to be outside the capital. She didn't get to leave often. She took in a deep breath or the fresh hillside air and smiled, "Isn't it wonderful? The rolling hills and the breeze?"

She giggled after a moment, "Oh, I'm sure you've seen it plenty though, haven't you? On your ride into the capital and all."

Rhonin nodded at his wife. "Yes, I had never seen plains and rolling hills that go on for so far before, we have farmlands as well but they are built on terraces in the hills and valleys of the Obsidian Mountains, not like here where it's more or less flat and rolling for as far as the eye can see. It's really neat to see the weather change and coming here. In the mountains, if you do not know the signs, the weather can change very quickly. But here you can see the storms coming or going by."

"I suppose it is rather nice knowing the weather before it arrives," She agreed. "In Aramanth it is thickly wooded so we might have some trouble knowing the weather. But all across Asteria you can smell the rain before it hits."

Rhonin smiled at Sevora. "Ah see Sevora my love, nature will tell you all of that and more, if you know what to look for. It's a combination of the temperature of the winds, their direction, and their smells, also you can observe the actions of the wildlife, as they usually know of the weather before anyone else does. Even the plants change and know when the weather is changing."

"I am certain I will learn many things from you, darling. I think perhaps I will learn more from you than you from I," She said with a smile, "But I will teach you the things I know where I can. And I welcome your vast knowledge. Book smarts really aren't much when you don't leave the capitol often. I know many things, but you seem to know so much more. I find it intriguing."

As they continued, their surroundings began to see more and more trees of maple and elm. They wouldn't see much of the willow trees that covered Aramanth until they got much closer to the area. Aramanth wasn't much of a city. It was heavily populated, but well spread out for miles. Many of the buildings and homes intertwined with the trees and were made with the remains of fallen trees. They were made to use wood that was ready to be harvested. Dead rather than wood that was chopped down. In Aramanth, another deity was also celebrated. Vineach, the God of the earth. A God not quite like Ruvan.

Vineach was known for the harvest and life and death. He was not warm or cunning. He was known as a quiet, hidden God who hid in the shadows. He was the God of plants and earth, rather than animals. Though he worked with Ruvan in some stories, they were seldom depicted interacting.

"I hope we can learn many things together," Sevora said softly, "I hope we will have many stories to tell."

As they rode through the shadows and sunbeams that leaked through the leaves of the trees of Aramanth, Rhonin opened his senses external and internal to the woods around him. The smell of the loam of the forest with the pollen and scents of wildflowers filled his nostrils. The sounds of the insects, birds, and wildlife coupled with the sounds of horse and reindeer, the huffs and snuffs, and the clop of hooves, echoed in his pointed ears. The coolness of the breeze blew across his face and rustled his hair, which he wanted to unrestrain but for his beloved, he did not succumb to the temptation. He felt underneath it all the cool dark and yet comfortable presence of the other god. It was like greeting an old friend. Sevora saw Rhonin's tattoos seemed to glow some a moment and then settle.

And yet there was something unsettled with the darkness underneath, something was off and wrong, and there was a distinct feeling that the old god was glad for an ally to come and help.

Rhonin opened his eyes. "I feel Vineach here...he is like an old friend, but he is troubled."

(Sorry about my short reply)

Sevora looked over at her husband, "I feel it too. A subtle unnerve in the wind. Something is off."

A sudden strong wind picked up, blowing the princess's long hair around and causing her to gasp. It was strong enough to make the horse and reindeer stop and brace against the strong gust. The princess shivered a bit as the wind finally died down, "I think Vineach needs our help. That felt like a calling from him."

They rode on through the forest towards the center of Amaranth and their estate. They passed through a darkened grove where the trees were so high they blocked out the sun, and Rhonin's sharp senses caught something in the trees ahead of them. He held up his hand in a fist to halt the group. Nevri instinctively reached down and produced her shield, as Rhonin cried out, "Take cover! An ambush!" As arrows flew down from archers in the trees around them. Sevora saw Rhonin reach out at an arrow coming at her, and catch it in a blurred motion, his runes alight with power. Chaos ensued as arrows hit guards and mounts. Some mounts bucking high, others falling dead, some of the guards were wounded. The arrows that hit the reindeer hit their barding. Nevri held up her shield which had two arrows stuck in it as she went for her bow, driving her reindeer about.

Rhonin dismounted and his runes glowed green then brown, as stone rose from the earth around him and Sevora in the form of a dome, the arrow bouncing off the stone.

"Beloved are you hurt?" As the sound of arrows in response to the attackers could be heard.

"No, I am fine," Sevora said, "But I don't think I can say the same for Eclipse. "

The horse had been hit in his shoulder, injuring him. Sevora look to Rhonin, "Are you hurt?"

The princess looked over her beloved, finding only his glowing tattoos. It was impressive to her. Though, she hadn't known he could manipulate the earth. It was another new thing that intrigued her. She would have to ask about it later on.

Nevri's reindeer steered about as the arrows struck. She yelled out in the Ruvian Battle Tongue, a short-worded language. "Dropping smoke." She pulled out of her pouches several small ball shapes and threw them on either side of the caravan on the road, just as an arrow struck her raindeer in the neck and it fell dead on the road throwing Nevri off. Large clouds of smoke obscured the sight of the ambushers on either side of the caravan. This was a typical Ruvian countermeasure for dealing with archers.

Rhonin heard Nevri's voice, clearly worried for the others. "I am unhurt beloved. Nevri just dropped some smoke bombs on either side of the caravan to obscure the archers aim. I am going to go out and see if we can rally what we have. The small rod he kept strapped to his saddle was in his hand, expanded to the size of staff. "See if you can gather the wounded and rally your people, use this structure for cover. Eclipse will be ok for now. I will take a group and see if I can attack the ambushers on one side of the road so we can withdraw there for cover. Be on guard for any that may come into melee. I will do my best not to kill them." He leaned forward and kissed Sevora passionately. "Stay safe beloved wife." He then turned to make an opening in the dome and moved out.

Nevri was helping some of the others up and saw Rhonin in the smoke. Every now and then an arrow would fly in and land in the ground. Rhonin looked at her. "Status?"

Nevri drew her sword with her shield out. "We have at least five attackers on each side high in the trees. The smoke is obscuring their aim for now. They are probably waiting for us to come to them. Rhonin nodded. "Ok, we will take the south side of the road and see if we can stop those first."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back