• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The City of Maple Pines || (Open and Accepting!)

[border]Clyde wrote down their names. If he could recall on what he read in his police car, he'd ask one more question. After he was done, he continued to speak, "Second question: How was the situation neutralized?" He waited for the two to answer. Suddenly, he recalled on what the Director had said to the high-ranking officers of this city's police force, two years ago. "Of course, that family is a rumor, and for as far as I know, they aren't true." The Director had said in a tone of assurance, "What our former Chief Inspector had said isn't true, and that's what forced me to relieve him off his position. Do you understand, Chief Inspector Werely?"

"Yes, sir!" Clyde had said in a proud manner. But still, he didn't know why that popped out of his mind, when it was long ago.

Back to present, one of his co-workers said in the radio, "Sir, we have located the fugitives. Undercover police had spotted them walking towards street 22." Clyde responded, "Track where their going. Do not reveal your identities and do not act suspiciously."

Jakiro Jakiro Crystal Cali Crystal Cali Veltsu VI Veltsu VI [/border]

2bd78fae85d14e57cb76d7f5bfea6a87.jpg
WINTER PETROV
Winter Petrov, or Ms. Doc what most of the homeless like to call her, was in her usual alley that she called home. The alley was quite clean contrary to what most people think of a homeless alley. That's because Winter insist on having an impeccably clean headquarters to do her attend to her medical duties. The alley was between two run down brick apartments that has since been boarded up and abandoned only for the lowly and decreped to call home. A dirty off white tarmac was hung from wall to wall along with a red cross poorly sewn. Out side was a line of people waiting to get in. Many of which were children, mothers and sick elderly men who were either homeless or to poor to afford medicaid. Finally outside of the entrance of the makeshift tent was a small plastic crate that had a piece of paper that read "Donations" as Winter could not obviously live for free so any bit of help money or supplies helped. Often time many small stores that would other wise throw out food or medicine would bring it there. "Next!" a voice boomed from beyond the entrance as one person went out and another came in. Inside were a dozen or so men and two women lain down sick or with a splint on an appendage. Winter was in the back with a box of medical gear, a flash light and a popsical stick in hand along with latex gloves and a trash can. she wore a dingy white lab coat to denote her rank. Winter has a smile upon her face of genuine enjoyment that would usually put of most people. A child with his mother came in.
"Doctor I don't know whats wrong with my son, hes had a fever for a couple of days now."
Winter felt his forehead with the back of her hand. He was burning up. She took her thermometer and took his temperature. He was at a 100 degrees.
"Okay take this..." Winter gave the child a sugar pill, but the parent didn't know that. Winter hoped a placebo effect would be enough. Winter then looked to the mother. "Now listen carefully i need you to take him home, put a damp towel on his head, make sure he drinks plenty of water and eat chilled food such as yogurt, ice cream or popsicals, make sure he is cool but if he shivers give him a blanket. Lastly make sure he is not dressed to warmly. If his fever continues go to a hospital... NEXT!" With that the parent and child her off. As soon as they left two others came. Winter smiled wider as she know who they are as she has spent some time with them before. "Hanah! Fayette! How good it is to see my two favorite girls! Now how can i help you today? Lets be brisk as you know i am a busy woman!"
Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah Solo & Fayette Vahdin
MsPolite MsPolite takki takki

Before girls entered in to tent, Fayette helped Hanah to give little donation to Winter. It was rare that they had money, but they both knew that they couldn't go buy food for while. When Fayette lifted her hand to show what coins Hanah should give, her right shoulder ached. Under Fayette's shirt at right shoulder, was bruise that had clearly shape of man's hand.

After donating girls entered in to tent, Fayette noticed that her right ankle had started ache too. Probably either because when she was spinned around or when thrown to Hanah.
"Hey, Ms. Doc. Fay had little incident. Could you check her out?" Hanah asked
Fayette taked steps closer to Winter.
"My right ankle and shoulder hurts." Fayette said.

takki takki

Something about this guy piqued Aaron's interest. From the way that he intervened at the park and his erractic behavior now, Aaron could tell that something was different about him. And yet, he still didn't even know his name.

What the guy said didn't make much sense, and Aaron barely heard any of it. And then the dude just started walking away, leaving Aaron confused as hell. "Hey, wait up! Where are you in such a rush to be? Don't you know it's rude to just walk away from people when they're talking?" He called after him, and hurried along to keep up. Juliet will have to wait just a little bit longer. Today is going to be lots of fun! He thought excitedly.

[border]"Huh...?" Daniel weakly muttered as he faintly heard the man from a short distance. But then, he thought to himself as a joke, Is this the end? Am I gonna die? Oh no, Daniel. Say your last words before you say goodbye to the world! He barely noticed his surroundings that he bumped into some civilians. His walking slowed down. His arms flailed. "This isn't me. I'm going crazy." He consciously said. His vision blurred. His eyes were closing. Daniel was starting to pass out.

He bumped into a man tourist, about six feet tall, and said to him, "Watch it, man!" Daniel nodded. Suddenly, his senses were leveled down to zero. He dropped his plastic bag with the USB in it. He fell into his knees, and face-planted into the cement sidewalk again.

aliara.s aliara.s [/border]

Celestia Bird
Celeste put her hat back on her head and spoke in a professional manner, as if she were giving an official brief on the situation. "Those two women had stolen Miss Sophie's wallet from her as she was watching my performance. I believe someone else saw them commit the act and confronted them about it before we even realized the wallet was gone. When Miss Sophie realized her wallet was gone, I cautiously approached the scene, with Sophie and the rest of my audience following me. The girls were distracted, so I took back the wallet, though the one whom I assume is the older, noticed me and pointed a gun in my direction; however, there was too much commotion, so the girls threw some cash out of their pockets and ran away shortly after." Celeste was brief and to the point, all signs of the playful persona she had displayed before were gone. takki takki Jakiro Jakiro

Lucas Artz

Mood:
Tags: takki takki aliara.s aliara.s
Lucas continued to walk to work. Hopefully the excuse of him "getting caught" up in that event at the park would be sufficient. As he turned the corner, he saw a man collapsed on the ground. Typically, Lucas would mind his own business. So what if some person could be potentially dying on the ground? It wasn't his problem. However, Lucas recognized the body. It was one of the people from the park. If he recalled correctly, this man seemed like a vigilante. The man did try to intervene into that possibly dangerous situation. Lucas saw this opportunity to either kill this potential thorn in his side, or at the very least, gain intel.

"Oh my, what happened here?" Lucas said out loud as he briskly walked over. Crouching over the unconscious body, and checked for a pulse. Whilst doing so, Lucas The possibilities of why the man collapsed. Definitely not drunk as there's no smell of alcohol and it's freaking early on the morning to be drinking. Perhaps a heart possible? The man did look sweaty but his pulse wasn't fully indicative of heart attack. Lucas rolled the person over to continue examination.

Owen Wright
Once arrived back at his office, he threw his coat on the rack, before making a tea. Bring the hot beverage with him to his desk, look over his laptop for any update on the park incident from earlier. Apparently, the chief inspector, Clyde Werely was the one on the case. From the distance, he had viewed him from Owen thought the inspector as good cop and a good detective, maybe even a good person. Owen still had a bit of a chip on his shoulder from his own time in the police force. Afer reading the news Owen leant back in his chair, lighting a cigarette. He hopes some work might creep up the stairs or on the phone. Either way, he could do with some, the rent being due in a few weeks. (Open for Interaction)

WINTER PETROV
"I'll take a look for you then." Winter smiled and then began to analyze the bruises. They didn't seem particularly bad and appear to be just bruises. But to be sure Winter grabbed the afflicted areas to see a reaction. Now of course Fayette may whine or complain but what she was really looking for was a possible sprain or worse. "Well girls it doesn't seem to be to bad, just be careful how you play next time ok?" Winter said as she stood up. She then grabbed a candy from her lab coats pocket and smiled while patting Fayette[s head. "Here you go girl now go ahead an git!" Winter waved goodbye before yelling "Next!"

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah & Fayette
MsPolite MsPolite takki takki

Fayette whined little from pain when Winter touched her injuries, but when Winter gived candy she smiled.
"Thanks Ms. Doc from checking Fay, i don't know what to do if..."
"Stop, sis. Let's go home. Bye Ms. Doc!"
Both girls waved and leaved by exit that was opposite side of tent. It meaned extra walking to their home, but girls didn't care and walked to home.​

SirGrey SirGrey
Suddenly, Owen's phone began to ring...

~Lucius Minori~
After getting dressed and ready for the day, Abraham made his way out of the apartment and walked down the sidewalk as cheerful as ever, wearing a baby blue suit and his reading glasses. Having filled out an online job application for a flower shop, the young man found himself giddy to the brim; ready to take on the world as he continued his two-block journey to the flower shop. As Abraham left the apartment, though, Lucius watched him from their living room window. Lucius had to admit, it was very hard not to like Abraham, being someone that people seemed to feel happy just by being around him. He was so innocent, so lovable.

Unfortunately, this only make Abraham more at risk of walking into a dangerous situation; especially in a crime-riddled city like Maple Pines. Also dressed in casual clothing, consisting of a grey short-sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans, Lucius put on a pair of sunglasses as he exited from their apartment and made his way downstairs to the apartment lobby. Though he hoped that his boyfriend would get himself in any trouble, Lucius wasn't going to take that change in a city like this, as he exited the apartment to follow his boyfriend down the street, keeping his distance so that Abraham wouldn't notice him. He intended to keep a good eye on his Abraham, and was determined to let nothing ruin his day. (Open for interaction.)

Owen had been sorting files of past cases as the lack of work surrounded him. Owen was old fashioned like that, as while he did keep computer version of these files, he preferred to have them in hand. After finally finishing with his filing and just before Owen was about to give up on any actual work coming in the phone rang. Going over to, Owen waits for a few seconds in order not to sound too desperate, before he picked up the phone. Putting on his best nice voice, Owen said "Wright" waiting for responses. DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

Owen had been sorting files of past cases as the lack of work surrounded him. Owen was old fashioned like that, as while he did keep computer version of these files, he preferred to have them in hand. After finally finishing with his filing and just before Owen was about to give up on any actual work coming in the phone rang. Going over to, Owen waits for a few seconds in order not to sound too desperate, before he picked up the phone. Putting on his best nice voice, Owen said "Wright" waiting for responses. DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712
"You've got yourself quite the impressive track record, Detective." A feminine, middle aged voice calmly spoke from the other side of the phone, taking in her cigarette before she continued to speak, "Unfortunately, I have high doubts that vigilante work alone will pay off your sizable rent. And judging by your pitiful display at the Maple Pines Park, you must be in need of a new... motivation in your duties."

At first, Owen was shocked, before his better judgement and general nature took over. She held all the cards, one of which is his identity as the Smoke Spectre so getting angry at her would do little to help the situation. The other matter is that, with her knowledge of him being at the park early that day, she would have him under some kind of surveillance so any sort of outburst may result in some immediate action. His mind was racing with ideas of the women, powerful, intelligent maybe even a little arrogant and dangerous. Losing a bit of friendliness from his tone Owen responded by saying "And I assume you have thought of ways to motivate me, miss?".

At first, Owen was shocked, before his better judgement and general nature took over. She held all the cards, one of which is his identity as the Smoke Spectre so getting angry at her would do little to help the situation. The other matter is that, with her knowledge of him being at the park early that day, she would have him under some kind of surveillance so any sort of outburst may result in some immediate action. His mind was racing with ideas of the women, powerful, intelligent maybe even a little arrogant and dangerous. Losing a bit of friendliness from his tone Owen responded by saying "And I assume you have thought of ways to motivate me, miss?".
"Oh I can assure you that we have a wide multitude of very successful methods of motivating vililanties such as yourself." The woman continued as she breathed, puffing out a cloud of smoke as she then said, "Youngsters, law abiding citizens, law enforcers, veterans, criminals seeking redemption, we have ways of appealing to their interests. Let it be selfish, or selfless."

The woman then took her cigarette out of her mouth and stuffed it into an ash tray besides her as she then said, "You fight for a noble cause, yes? A hidden war against crime in which even the Maple Pines authority is unaware of. Our organization is also battling the injustices of the world, though at a much larger scale than the shinanigans that happen in this city. But alas, due to a shortage or resources, we've been looking for vigilanties to help us in your goals. So... how would you like it if you fought crime beneath our wing? You'll be paid handsomely for your duties, and your personal information and identity will be completely secure."

At her first few lines, he felt a tinge of fear hit him. He wondered what he wanted him to do, he suspected something government related and something that he wouldn't really enjoy, He raised an eyebrow at the idea of selfless and selfless reason, he didn't really like the idea of being selfish but well the rent needed paying so the detective sat back in his chair and decide to listen this woman out.

Owen didn't really trust the idea of an organisation battling the injustices of the world. He never really trusts the motivation of most organisations, especially ones who had been watching him for God knows how long. He again took not that this organisation had a lack of resources as they still apparently had enough to watch him, either meant they were lying or he was over estimating how much it would cost to watch him. They could also just be being modest about how much money and manpower they had. "I'm faltered really not for thinking I do noble things but also that you want to, albeit forcible, hire me. Speaking of which you seem to have given me little choice as but to join me, which when do what do I have to, just continue what I've been doing you will pay me no strings attached. Or will I have to do your dirty work?"
DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

At her first few lines, he felt a tinge of fear hit him. He wondered what he wanted him to do, he suspected something government related and something that he wouldn't really enjoy, He raised an eyebrow at the idea of selfless and selfless reason, he didn't really like the idea of being selfish but well the rent needed paying so the detective sat back in his chair and decide to listen this woman out.

Owen didn't really trust the idea of an organisation battling the injustices of the world. He never really trusts the motivation of most organisations, especially ones who had been watching him for God knows how long. He again took not that this organisation had a lack of resources as they still apparently had enough to watch him, either meant they were lying or he was over estimating how much it would cost to watch him. They could also just be being modest about how much money and manpower they had. "I'm faltered really not for thinking I do noble things but also that you want to, albeit forcible, hire me. Speaking of which you seem to have given me little choice as but to join me, which when do what do I have to, just continue what I've been doing you will pay me no strings attached. Or will I have to do your dirty work?"
DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712
"Ah, quick to the point I see." The woman replied after Owen was finished his his sentence, "Well, you'll be happy to know that we're not forcing you to work for us. Indeed, the benefits you would gain alone would be something to consider, but alas, it is entirely up to you. If you accept, you will continue to live like you've always have; but from every criminal you apprehend and every case you solve, you will be payed handsomely. Though there will be times where your service will be needed for... special operations; but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Think of if as a king hiring a mercenary; the king has the power and wealth to supply the said merc with anything they desire. Deny our offer, though, and you will never hear from us again. You'll continue to live your normal, everyday life, and we will never bother you again. Simple, right?"

Owen thought on this for a long minute. He didn't like the idea of working for some shadowy organisation, especially one that had been keeping tabs on him for God knows how long. Still, he couldn't argue with their money, and if they kept to their word they shouldn't be an issue. Though them keeping to their word was something the detective highly doubted. He also didn't like the idea of these special operations but again he couldn't argue with their money. Sighing deeply he says "Fine, I'll work for you, but I don't like it though I imagine you would already know that," he says a cynical sarcasm to his voice. "I don't like you or this setup but I cannot argue with your deal, but if you do anything I do not agree with I'm out, identity or not". DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

Owen thought on this for a long minute. He didn't like the idea of working for some shadowy organisation, especially one that had been keeping tabs on him for God knows how long. Still, he couldn't argue with their money, and if they kept to their word they shouldn't be an issue. Though them keeping to their word was something the detective highly doubted. He also didn't like the idea of these special operations but again he couldn't argue with their money. Sighing deeply he says "Fine, I'll work for you, but I don't like it though I imagine you would already know that," he says a cynical sarcasm to his voice. "I don't like you or this setup but I cannot argue with your deal, but if you do anything I do not agree with I'm out, identity or not". DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712
"Fair enough." The woman said as she reached into her pocket to pull out another cigarette, "Your first paycheck will mailed to you upon apprehending your next criminal. And with a pair of troublesome girls out stealing people's belongings and aiming guns to their heads, I'd get to work if I were you."

Upon lighting her next cigarette and putting it into her mouth, the woman ended to call by saying, "By the way... you may call me Mrs. 1."

With that, her voice went silent as she hung up.

Owen sighed heavily and sank back into his chair as he thought about what Mrs. 1 had said. He needed the paycheck no if and or buts. Going after the two girls Veltsu VI Veltsu VI from earlier wasn't something he relished the thought of. They just seemed desperate and they seemed to steal for survival then again Mrs. 1 was right. They had been waving pistols about at people which would no doubt end in tragedy. After opening a window and smoking a cig, Owen decides he would chase up this case. If not just for the public then for their own safety. The good news was Owen could go after this case as both the Smoke Spectre and himself, the bad news was that there was a distinct lack of leads. The only one that came to mind was that the two woman seemed very poor if not homeless judging by the pistol and clothes they had. If one person knew about the homeless it would be Winter Petrov MsPolite MsPolite . Before he left, Owen placed a few smoke pellets around the office. one under in the door frame, two others in window frames. This added to the one under the desk. When one is under the watch of a mysterious organisation, one takes precautions. Grabbing his trench coat he left for Winter's clinic. DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

Celestial Bird
After speaking with the officer, Celeste turns to Sophie. "I am truly sorry for the trouble you went through today. Street shows are always hot spots for pit pockets. I truly should have been more vigilant during my performance." She offers Sophie an apologetic smile.
Jakiro Jakiro

Hanah & Fayette Solo

After hour walking girls had get to their home, after getting in and closing door, Hanah sit down to their small dinner table and started maintain her guns. Fayette walked to her room and picked book to read, she also clicked her radio on, so she could listen music and news. Hanah didn't listen radio when maintaining her guns.

*Midday news theme music*

Hello, hello, Hellllooooo Maple Pines! This is your DJ here to bring newest news from morning.
It seems that opening of new park really get people moving, but it seems attracting criminals too as there has been some pickpocketing and near shootout. Witness tell that some brave man saw two young girls, that called each other as sisters, stealing from crowd and take hold of from younger one. From there stories has been turned different as some say that man would have touched inappropriately from younger girl and some says that he didn't. Most says that they did hear younger girl scream from pain before older draw revolver. Now remember citizens if you see someone pointing gun DO NOT APPROACH SHOOTER! Back off and call police. It seems that someone had walked closer to trio and between sisters so older girl had drawn second revolver. Luckily girl hadn't shoot any bullets as man who holded younger girl thrown her to older. Both girls and man had leaved park before police had get to area. If man recognizes himself, police is wanting to hear your story of case.
Police also warn about red head young woman who wears ragged clothes and moves with black hair preteen girl wearing ragged clothes too.
Time check is 12:05 of midday, stay sharp!"
Aminora Aminora Crystal Cali Crystal Cali Susanoo Susanoo Jakiro Jakiro SirGrey SirGrey @Eternal_Cookie MsPolite MsPolite DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 Buckteeth Buckteeth The Obsever The Obsever

Last edited:
Owen Wright

After for what seemed like an eternity in the queue, Owen finally managed to see the now fabled Winter Petrov MsPolite MsPolite . The queue had been made of people either homeless or not too far away from that. This had meant he did stick out like a sour thumb, all tie and trench coat. He admired this woman for what she was doing, which the reason he was here all the worse in his mind. He really didn't want to go around asking questions to her she seemed busy enough, but after the recent phone call, things were made quite clear. He had to catch the two sisters Veltsu VI Veltsu VI . The recent radio message, heard from his phone, did help things a little. The two were dangerous, well more confused and desperate in Owen's relatively ill-informed mind, and he would rather he catch before the police or some tights wearing vigilante. That would only make things worse. Entering the makeshift tent with hands in his trench coat pockets, Owen looks over the needles and bandages before saying "Ms Petrov?" to hopefully get the lady's attention.

It was midday before Ethan Morris first laid eyes on Maple Pines. The city, like most cities in Ethan's opinion, was unremarkably grand, it's glass and steel shining blindingly bright under the noonday sun. He steered his car, a 1999 Buick Century, onto the next off-ramp. He was headed towards one of the lower-class neighborhoods where he'd be staying in Maple Pines, a cheap one-story with neighbors who didn't ask questions. It was a necessity for his plans. As the graffiti grew more common and the builings started having barred windows, he knew he was in the right neighborhood. He pulled into the empty driveway of the address, parked it, and killed the engine.

With the key in his shirt pocket he unlocked the front door, and did a quick walkthrough of the four rooms in the house. Old but servicable furnishings had been left by the previous owners, and the appliances, while outdated, would work just fine. There wasn't much else to see, so he decided on a brisk walk to acquaint himself with the neighborhood. Locking the door behind him, he started to stroll down the block.

(Open)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back