• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Children's Crusade OOC

Characters
Here

LeapOfFool

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So here's the OOC thread. Feel free to chat and ask questions here.

Below is some minor information about the setting that might be useful.

Veridian has a strong sense of national unity and communal cooperation, strengthened by an organized, militaristic government.

Veridian maintains a strong respect for its historical traditions, placing great importance on concepts such as honor, bravery, and duty to the state.

The war has naturally had an impact on Veridian's culture. Using propaganda, the government promotes national pride, sacrificial bravery, and loyalty to the nation and it's leaders. Strict censorship and monitoring of all forms of art, media, and communication is enforced.

A question one might ask is why no other country have employed Espers in war yet.

The short answer is that no other country is desperate enough. Most countries (even Veridian to some extent) view Espers as too volatile and worry that they couldn't reliably reel them in.

In fact, most countries outright ban Espers from serving in the military out of a fear of the Espers using the skills they'd learnt to rise up against them.

As the last desperate gambit of a nation on its knees, Espers recive a fair bit of special treatment.

This include better rations, the option to wear swords into battle (a privilege typically reserved for officers) and more autonomy when carrying out missions.

Oh yeah, it might have been unclear from the interest check but the idea is that your characters have been attending Ascension Academy for a while but have yet to see actual battle.

What technology level's are we looking at? Like ww2 era?
It's mostly modern. But due to lack of supplies, Veridian have started giving some of its soldiers with more outdated equipment (hence why my character uses a rifle from WW2).

NameisUser NameisUser Have you watched Darwin's Game? The only reason I ask is cause I find it funny that I post a teleportation power which the villain uses and then you post a character who can control metal threads which is a power of a main character

NameisUser NameisUser Have you watched Darwin's Game? The only reason I ask is cause I find it funny that I post a teleportation power which the villain uses and then you post a character who can control metal threads which is a power of a main character
I have not, but that's a funny coincidence, I based it off someone called Pierre from the webtoon Magician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back