• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Children of Eden || Monsters & Mechs

It depends on his nationality, German would be a bit more professional yet hve his moments of manicness in the heat of battle, while the UK guy would be more lax, yet still be ontop of things in battle, as well as enjoy the occasional explosion.

Again, comes down to his nationality.

It depends on his nationality, German would be a bit more professional yet hve his moments of manicness in the heat of battle, while the UK guy would be more lax, yet still be ontop of things in battle, as well as enjoy the occasional explosion.

Again, comes down to his nationality.
Well which do you feel like rping more?

Hold on, I must've missed something here.

How does nationality factor into personality traits at all? I get maybe it'd affect upbringing, but categorizing ethnicities by their shared traits? Correct me if I'm wrong or taking this out of proportion, but isn't that borderline racial discrimination?

How does nationality factor into personality traits at all? I get maybe it'd affect upbringing, but categorizing ethnicities by their shared traits? Correct me if I'm wrong or taking this out of proportion, but isn't that borderline racial discrimination?
I don't quite think it's racial discrimination. For example the fact that my character is Romanian (Can change) doesn't affect how she acts, rather it's just another bobble of information that seems to give a bit more background to the characters. I see it as a way to expand upon the history and backstory of a character rather than provide any additive or redaction just based upon their ethnicity.

Also, here's a very blunt system that could possibly be how the mechs are categorized. Changes are still viable to happen until things become set in stone, but this hopefully gives people more creative variety when creating their mech's CS.

+ Impact: Using blunt force to fight the monsters, they would fare better against armored foes
- Heavy: Use of far heavier weaponry, they would generally be far bulkier in comparison. Often wielding something like a hammer, ball and chain
- Quick: Weaker blows, but at a much higher rate than its heavy variation. I guess think of it like boxing, where you would deliver smaller blows and wear them down

+Slash: Use of bladed weapons, much better against foes with exposed flesh
- Dismemberment: A slash version of the heavy variation: the use of sharp slices dismember and remove parts of the foe, whether it be limbs, tail, head
- Precision: A slash class with the intention of subduing the monster instead of outright slaughtering them, They wield much smaller blades in hopes of landing focused cuts at vital points (eg: connection point of tendons, vital organs between ribs, a blade to the temple)

+Tanks: Take hits, don't die. I honestly found little use for tanks as a class, since all mechs are limited to melee combat.
- Bruiser: Capable of taking plenty of hits, and dealing them right back. (Very similar to the Heavy Impact archetype, imo)

+Restraint: The use of chains, whips, nets, etc. to limit movement of the foe

+Energy: Use of other forms of offensive capabilities to deal damage, like the plasmacaster from Pacific Rim. (The ability to outwardly generate electricity could just be an inert trait of all mechs, instead of its own class)

Dude,Your reading stuff that’s not even there, calm down now.
I don't quite think it's racial discrimination. For example the fact that my character is Romanian (Can change) doesn't affect how she acts, rather it's just another bobble of information that seems to give a bit more background to the characters. I see it as a way to expand upon the history and backstory of a character rather than provide any additive or redaction just based upon their ethnicity.
I agree, essentially their personality will be different because of where they are raised.

I also think that we oughta get our characters up first before we start making our mecha, that way we can get paired up and make he mecha together as pilot and navigator

Also, mecha are not limited to melee, rather it is the pilot that will be limited to melee while the navigator that will be in control of the ranged weapons.

Dude,Your reading stuff that’s not even there, calm down now.

I agree, essentially their personality will be different because of where they are raised.

I.. don't think I had any hostility driven towards anything, it was a simple question on whether or not it bothered anyone else. I'm also not trying to cause any conflict here, but I'm trying to figure out how the concept came along.

I get that upbringing may alter personality traits but considering that these pilots were trained from an extremely young age, if I recall about 3, they wouldn't have much lingering traces of their ethnicity's culture still there. Unless you're of the belief that personality is all genetic, in that case I don't know what to tell you.

I.. don't think I had any hostility driven towards anything, it was a simple question on whether or not it bothered anyone else. I'm also not trying to cause any conflict here, but I'm trying to figure out how the concept came along.

I get that upbringing may alter personality traits but considering that these pilots were trained from an extremely young age, if I recall about 3, they wouldn't have much lingering traces of their ethnicity's culture still there. Unless you're of the belief that personality is all genetic, in that case I don't know what to tell you.
No no that's not what I was getting at. I was thinking about it as in the aspect that it would link them to their country or location, for example it'd be like a representative due to how I'm seeing it. Not quite a personality inflicting things rather the idea that they are like spokespeople in a way, but rather than being sent there for a short time they're raised up as these representatives.

Mate, be honest, your doing a terrible job at it, considering it seems like you just called me a racist for wanting my character style to be different because of where they come from.

My intent was to have them come in a bit later into the program, that was always my intent. I didn’t factor in how young they would be inducted into the program because frankly, I want that uniqueness that may come from being raised in a certain region. I want the members to come from different walks of life, and I will try to lobby for that with the gm.

I’m upset, no doubt, but I’m not looking for a fight either. I do what I wish with my character concept, and I assure you I don’t have any racists ideas.

There won't be any single seaters and a mostly ranged focused mech wouldn't work out because of how I envision the pilot and navigator duties
Though they could certainly be equipped with a longer range melee weapon like a lance or spear
Maybe even a chain
Also, mecha are not limited to melee, rather it is the pilot that will be limited to melee while the navigator that will be in control of the ranged weapons.

It was stated prior that ranged-focused mechs would not work, which I take to mean each mech is primarily to focus on melee combat. There can be additions to their arsenal that could include ranged weaponry, but again it is not the primary form of combat.

My mistake on reading it as melee only, a reread cleared that up for me.

It was stated prior that ranged-focused mechs would not work, which I take to mean each mech is primarily to focus on melee combat. There can be additions to their arsenal that could include ranged weaponry, but again it is not the primary form of combat.

My mistake on reading it as melee only, a reread cleared that up for me.

He/she was talking about the pilot, not the navigator. Navigstor gets control of ranged weapons as well as support system for the mecha, or at least some of the functions.

Mate, be honest, your doing a terrible job at it, considering it seems like you just called me a racist for wanting my character style to be different because of where they come from.

My intent was to have them come in a bit later into the program, that was always my intent. I didn’t factor in how young they would be inducted into the program because frankly, I want that uniqueness that may come from being raised in a certain region. I want the members to come from different walks of life, and I will try to lobby for that with the gm.

I’m upset, no doubt, but I’m not looking for a fight either. I do what I wish with my character concept, and I assure you I don’t have any racists ideas.

I'm not looking for a fight either, which was why I asked to correct me if I'm wrong. I wasn't purposely targetting you nor was I trying to ostracize you for use of race, I was just trying to find out why it played such a big role in the determination of how a character was to act. If it seemed that way, then I apologize.

Yennie Yennie I think the combat should be a balance of melee and ranged, as to give both operators a role. I won’t even disagree if melee was the more effective of the two in finishing off monster, I just want to make sure ranged weapons are just as viable in killing monsters as melee. I don’t want to be stuck doing nothing but giving exposition for every battle, not that I assume that.

In all honesty, I just want to fill monsters filled with lead, weather it be from a machine gun or cannon.

He/she was talking about the pilot, not the navigator. Navigstor gets control of ranged weapons as well as support system for the mecha, or at least some of the functions.

I'm aware that Navigators take control of ranged weaponry, but Navigators aren't primarily in control of combat, simply because the pilots take control of movement of the entire machine. That's why I said that ranged weaponry would be an addition to the arsenal, rather than the focus.

I'm not looking for a fight either, which was why I asked to correct me if I'm wrong. I wasn't purposely targetting you nor was I trying to ostracize you for use of race, I was just trying to find out why it played such a big role in the determination of how a character was to act. If it seemed that way, then I apologize.
It’s forgiven, but I would advise you be carful with your wording next time. Other people may lose their temper much quicker then I.

Also, it was never a matter of race, it was a matter of nationality.

It’s forgiven, but I would advise you be carful with your wording next time. Other people may lose their temper much quicker then I.

Also, it was never a matter of race, it was a matter of nationality.

I literally said "correct me if i'm wrong" in my very first post regarding the topic, I don't understand how much more careful that could be

I'm aware that Navigators take control of ranged weaponry, but Navigators aren't primarily in control of combat, simply because the pilots take control of movement of the entire machine. That's why I said that ranged weaponry would be an addition to the arsenal, rather than the focus.
Pilot and navigator work together in combat. In my opinion, there should be at least a primary slot for melee and a primary for ranged. Do it like mobile suit gundam where each suit has a ranged and melee weapon.

I literally said "correct me if i'm wrong" in my very first post regarding the topic, I don't understand how much more careful that could be
How about not going straight to racism. Like many others on this site, I have a tendency at times to gloss over words, so the “correct me if I’m wrong” did not stand out as much as “racist” did.

How about not going straight to racism. Like many others on this site, I have a tendency at times to gloss over words, so the “correct me if I’m wrong” did not stand out as much as “racist” did.
How about we drop the situation? The past is the past and it's not an issue we need to keep droning on about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back