• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Children of Eden || Monsters & Mechs

Yennie

I'm bored
So this may not make much sense as I'm just writing this as it comes to me but bear with me!

The Children of Eden

Year 2132, the Earth is thrown into chaos by the appearance of large monsters the size of buildings and worse
Intially with no response in place the world's greatest military forces banded together to take on these creatures
Some battles they won, many they lost - all with the terrible prices of millions of human lives
So the words leaders looked to science and cutting edge military technology for a new solution
Thus Project: EDEN was born
This project focused on creating fighting machines called mechs that could go toe to toe with the monsters
They were huge, expensive and more technologically advanced than anything else man had made before
Rounds of testing showed that they proved effective against the monsters and thus plans began to find suitable pilots
However a design flaw that no one expected occurred - the “machines” seemed to have compatibility issues with the chosen pilots/navigators
The mechs themselves seemed to be very particular about who could pilot them
There was a panicked movement to find compatible pilots/navigators from around the world when they made a startling and disturbing discovery
The mechs preferred pilots from the ages of 16-18
Children over highly trained and skilled adults
And so began the SEEDs of EDEN, a program that tested children for compatibility as early as the age of three
These children would then be whisked off to a training center where they would be rigorously trained to be either a navigator or pilot
Scientists found the the mechs operated best when there were two persons present inside
Only the most compatible children would be able to use the mech once they reached age 16 so while the competition is fierce, not everyone who makes it is necessarily the most elite

Our story would take place about 50 years later so we'd be playing the third generation of pilots/navigators
The process is much smoother now but not entirely ironed out all the kinks

Pilots & Navigators

Pilots are the brawn of the duo. They control the movement and melee combat aspects of the mechs. They can only see what is directly in front of them which helps them to focus on fighting the monster. Pilots are deeply in tune with their mechs and must have a great connection in order to.pilot them as the mechs are almost an extension of themselves.

Navigators are the brains of the duo. While they take a slightly more passive role they are absolutely vital to ensuring the safety of themselves, the pilots and the mechs. Navigators are supreme strategists and guide their pilots through the battlefield. They can see all the blindspots pilots cannot and provide field analysis and other important information. The navigators also control the mechs ranged weapons.

Not only must both have compatibility with the mechs but pilots and navigators must also form a strong mental bond with one another
A pilot and navigator that can communicate solely through telepathy are considered the ultimate partnership and nearly all children aspire to achieve this

Mech types

+ Impact: Using blunt force to fight the monsters, they would fare better against armored foes
- Heavy: Use of far heavier weaponry, they would generally be far bulkier in comparison. Often wielding something like a hammer, ball and chain
- Quick: Weaker blows, but at a much higher rate than its heavy variation. I guess think of it like boxing, where you would deliver smaller blows and wear them down

+Slash: Use of bladed weapons, much better against foes with exposed flesh
- Dismemberment: A slash version of the heavy variation: the use of sharp slices dismember and remove parts of the foe, whether it be limbs, tail, head
- Precision: A slash class with the intention of subduing the monster instead of outright slaughtering them, They wield much smaller blades in hopes of landing focused cuts at vital points (eg: connection point of tendons, vital organs between ribs, a blade to the temple)

+Tanks: Take hits, don't die. I honestly found little use for tanks as a class, since all mechs are limited to melee combat.
- Bruiser: Capable of taking plenty of hits, and dealing them right back. (Very similar to the Heavy Impact archetype, imo)

+Restraint: The use of chains, whips, nets, etc. to limit movement of the foe

+Energy: Use of other forms of offensive capabilities to deal damage, like the plasmacaster from Pacific Rim. (The ability to outwardly generate electricity could just be an inert trait of all mechs, instead of its own class)
To further customize mechs I'm thinking of a MOBA-like skill system where each mech has four unique abilities and a passive ability that fit with the mech theme and synergize well with each other

Annnnnnd that's all I have for now
This is super duper rough draft because I literally just wrote this from the top of my head
It's clearly heavily inspired by things like Pacific Rim and various mech animes
I'd be looking for a co-gm as well as people interested in helping develop the plot, world lore creating mech ideas etc.
Basically people that want to participate in the building up portion as much as the Roleplay portion

Ideally I'd like to have four mechs and 8 players with all of us pitching in to play NPCs such as the various adults working at Project:EDEN though if there enough interest I'd be happy to have people play those roles as their own characters

As for the tone of the roleplay overall it should be somewhat serious but with all the drama and fun that comes with emotional hormonal teenage characters

I'd also be looking for players that can post several times a week with at least a paragraph or two per post

Feel free to ask questions and post ideas!

Last edited:
Hiya, honestly I read this and was immediately enthralled. May just be because i've been watching quite a few mecha anime and this happened to relate very closely to one that's recently gained the spot-light. I am a frequent poster and can easily assist in both the pre-developmental stages along with that of the roleplaying stages. If you choose to accept me on-board to help you in this rp and all i'd be very appreciative :closed eyes open smile:

Hiya, honestly I read this and was immediately enthralled. May just be because i've been watching quite a few mecha anime and this happened to relate very closely to one that's recently gained the spot-light. I am a frequent poster and can easily assist in both the pre-developmental stages along with that of the roleplaying stages. If you choose to accept me on-board to help you in this rp and all i'd be very appreciative :closed eyes open smile:

I'd be more than happy to have you on-board! I've also recently been watching mecha anime and really wanted to give it a whirl

I'd be more than happy to have you on-board! I've also recently been watching mecha anime and really wanted to give it a whirl
I can relate to you heavily on that matter, since it's definitely something a bit more complex to pull off because of other mechanics involved in it. I think this should go over well as long as everything is developed well.

I can relate to you heavily on that matter, since it's definitely something a bit more complex to pull off because of other mechanics involved in it. I think this should go over well as long as everything is developed well.

Development is where my issue lies at the moment, there's a lot to refine haha But I'll be working on it and hopefully more people express interest

Development is where my issue lies at the moment, there's a lot to refine haha But I'll be working on it and hopefully more people express interest
I definitely agree with that, If you have anything I can help you with atm we could move it to a pm and discuss it.

Sign me up to be a navigator, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

How extensive can we customize our mech? Also what kinda mech are we talking? Mech Warriors? Or Mobile Suit Gundam? Hope both pilot and navigator can make the mech together.

I'd also be willing to help with world building, give me a portion and I'll give ya ideas. Also, be willing to also play as a HQ kinda over the radio announcer guy.

Last edited:
Sign me up to be a navigator, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

How extensive can we customize our mech? Also what kinda mech are we talking? Mech Warriors? Or Mobile Suit Gundam? Hope both pilot and navigator can make the mech together.

I'd also be willing to help with world building, give me a portion and I'll give ya ideas. Also, be willing to also play as a HQ kinda over the radio announcer guy.

I'm thinking more of a suit like Gundam and Code Geass
Pilot and Navigator will definitely make their mech together
How extensive would you like to go with the customization?

And I think I need to start with development of the Project: EDEN and SEEDs of EDEN, explaining it more in detail so players understand what their characters will be doing a little better
Also need to come up with a plot that doesn't solely revolve around battles so it doesn't get too stale
Of course the main focus is on the pilot/navis lives but yea

I want the dynamic of the pilot/navi, lots of opportunities really for some juicy role playing.

Maybe all of us can be in a single squad of 4 mechas? Sent from place to place kinda like xcom to deal with threats, hanging out or interacting in between fights.
Still, can’t wait!

Last edited:
Oooh, question, how will the range and melee work? Will the ranged weapon be carried by the mecha or is it going to be mounted on the shoulders or somthing?

I want the dynamic of the pilot/navi, lots of opportunities really for some juicy role playing.

Maybe all of us can be in a single squad of 4 mechas? Sent from place to place kinda like xcom to deal with threats, hanging out or interacting in between fights.
Still, can’t wait!

Yep they will be a squad of 4 mechas, each with different characteristics that when put together form a perfect team
But of course each one will be capable of fighting on their own

Oooh, question, how will the range and melee work? Will the ranged weapon be carried by the mecha or is it going to be mounted on the shoulders or somthing?

Shoulder mounted or perhaps an extension of the arm
As for controls, the navigator would be more using screens and keyboard while the pilot would have some sort of control system (not sure how this should be yet)

Yep they will be a squad of 4 mechas, each with different characteristics that when put together form a perfect team
But of course each one will be capable of fighting on their own

Shoulder mounted or perhaps an extension of the arm
As for controls, the navigator would be more using screens and keyboard while the pilot would have some sort of control system (not sure how this should be yet)
Thought as much.

Aight, let me know if you need any help.
Again, I can’t wait!

K, hmmm

Nationalities are a must, but what kinda abilities are ya thinking? Are they like more mechanical or like energy based?

K, hmmm

Nationalities are a must, but what kinda abilities are ya thinking? Are they like more mechanical or like energy based?

I feel like Japan is a pretty typical setting for this so I'm hoping to go somewhere more unique but children of all nationalities would be at the facility regardless of it's location
As for abilities I was thinking elemental at first but feel like it wouldn't really fit
So more mechanical, technology based and energy based would be appropriate

Why can’t they move from country to country? Like station on a specific front and then transferred as needed to respond to threats.

For the idea of a control with what the pilot does, maybe a psychokinetic connection? Almost like a partial-dive system, to where they could move their mech's body and still have some controls involving their normal bodies.

So this may not make much sense as I'm just writing this as it comes to me but bear with me!

The Children of Eden

Year 2132, the Earth is thrown into chaos by the appearance of large monsters the size of buildings and worse
Intially with no response in place the world's greatest military forces banded together to take on these creatures
Some battles they won, many they lost - all with the terrible prices of millions of human lives
So the words leaders looked to science and cutting edge military technology for a new solution
Thus Project: EDEN was born
This project focused on creating fighting machines called mechs that could go toe to toe with the monsters
They were huge, expensive and more technologically advanced than anything else man had made before
Rounds of testing showed that they proved effective against the monsters and thus plans began to find suitable pilots
However a design flaw that no one expected occurred - the “machines” seemed to have compatibility issues with the chosen pilots/navigators
The mechs themselves seemed to be very particular about who could pilot them
There was a panicked movement to find compatible pilots/navigators from around the world when they made a startling and disturbing discovery
The mechs preferred pilots from the ages of 16-18
Children over highly trained and skilled adults
And so began the SEEDs of EDEN, a program that tested children for compatibility as early as the age of three
These children would then be whisked off to a training center where they would be rigorously trained to be either a navigator or pilot
Scientists found the the mechs operated best when there were two persons present inside
Only the most compatible children would be able to use the mech once they reached age 16 so while the competition is fierce, not everyone who makes it is necessarily the most elite

Our story would take place about 50 years later so we'd be playing the third generation of pilots/navigators
The process is much smoother now but not entirely ironed out all the kinks

Pilots & Navigators

Pilots are the brawn of the duo. They control the movement and melee combat aspects of the mechs. They can only see what is directly in front of them which helps them to focus on fighting the monster. Pilots are deeply in tune with their mechs and must have a great connection in order to.pilot them as the mechs are almost an extension of themselves.

Navigators are the brains of the duo. While they take a slightly more passive role they are absolutely vital to ensuring the safety of themselves, the pilots and the mechs. Navigators are supreme strategists and guide their pilots through the battlefield. They can see all the blindspots pilots cannot and provide field analysis and other important information. The navigators also control the mechs ranged weapons.

Not only must both have compatibility with the mechs but pilots and navigators must also form a strong mental bond with one another
A pilot and navigator that can communicate solely through telepathy are considered the ultimate partnership and nearly all children aspire to achieve this

Mech types

Bastion - Bastion is a solid, heavy type mech that primarily focuses on defense. It aims to outlast it's opponent by absorbing attacks and waiting for the opportune time to finish off their worn down enemy

Herald - This mech is built for speed and agility. It doesn't pack a heavy punch but it's quickness allows it to dance and weave it's way through battle, slashing at monsters from all sides before ever taking a hit.

To further customize mechs I'm thinking of a MOBA-like skill system where each mech has four unique abilities and a passive ability that fit with the mech theme and synergize well with each other

Annnnnnd that's all I have for now
This is super duper rough draft because I literally just wrote this from the top of my head
It's clearly heavily inspired by things like Pacific Rim and various mech animes
I'd be looking for a co-gm as well as people interested in helping develop the plot, world lore creating mech ideas etc.
Basically people that want to participate in the building up portion as much as the Roleplay portion

Ideally I'd like to have four mechs and 8 players with all of us pitching in to play NPCs such as the various adults working at Project:EDEN though if there enough interest I'd be happy to have people play those roles as their own characters

As for the tone of the roleplay overall it should be somewhat serious but with all the drama and fun that comes with emotional hormonal teenage characters

I'd also be looking for players that can post several times a week with at least a paragraph or two per post

Feel free to ask questions and post ideas!

I'm interested, and ive got a character ready, but I have to know what would you classify a much that is designed solely for long range combat and overwhelming firepower?

I'm interested, and ive got a character ready, but I have to know what would you classify a much that is designed solely for long range combat and overwhelming firepower?
The way this rp is focused is that each mech has two operators, a pilot, in charge of movement and melee, and navigator, in charge of support systems and ranged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back