• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Children of Eden || Monsters & Mechs

Pilot and navigator work together in combat. In my opinion, there should be at least a primary slot for melee and a primary for ranged. Do it like mobile suit gundam where each suit has a ranged and melee weapon.

Navigators take a passive role, focusing primarily on spatial awareness and the strategy, as stated in the first post. Dividing it as two seperate entities would deviate from the fact that both pilot and navigator have to be in sync, no?

The primary focus will be melee combat but the ranged combat should be viable as well

I don't want to give too much focus on ranged because the navigator already have a lot to do while the pilot is solely focused on combat

I replaced the mech archtypes with the info Ace posted a page ago, recommend you guys look at that
Also if everyone could have a wip of their cs ready for viewing sometime today/tomorrow that be great!

The primary focus will be melee combat but the ranged combat should be viable as well

I don't want to give too much focus on ranged because the navigator already have a lot to do while the pilot is solely focused on combat
Okay, I think we are on the same level, I’m just getting too caught up in the words.

Long as I can shoot at or down a monster once or twice when the pilots maneuvering, id be happy.

Also, what exactly would the navigator be doing? Like, I’ve got ideas, but you anything specific?

I replaced the mech archtypes with the info Ace posted a page ago, recommend you guys look at that
Also if everyone could have a wip of their cs ready for viewing sometime today/tomorrow that be great!
Will have that up ASAP. Would we be sending that directly through this thread or another?

Okay, I think we are on the same level, I’m just getting too caught up in the words.

Long as I can shoot at or down a monster once or twice when the pilots maneuvering, id be happy.

Also, what exactly would the navigator be doing? Like, I’ve got ideas, but you anything specific?

Shooting down a monster, providing cover fire, blowing up obstacles etc. all those sorts of things will be the navigators job aside from them monitoring the battle field and relaying information not only to their pilot but to other squad members
They are sort of like mini battlefield commanders, planning out the fight on the fly while keeping everyone safe

I'm thinking we may have a senior navigator/pilot combo who the others can look to for direction, what do you think?

I’m going to hold back until tommrrow. Again, I want to see who’s out there so that I can make a character that will be a bit compatible.

Shooting down a monster, providing cover fire, blowing up obstacles etc. all those sorts of things will be the navigators job aside from them monitoring the battle field and relaying information not only to their pilot but to other squad members
They are sort of like mini battlefield commanders, planning out the fight on the fly while keeping everyone safe

I'm thinking we may have a senior navigator/pilot combo who the others can look to for direction, what do you think?
Perfectly fine with me, that’s all I’m looking for in my job as a navigator.

I think we oughta have that senior guy and his pilot be squad leaders.

Last edited:
If a navigator is still looking for a pilot, I'm still open!

But if we don't happen to pull eight people for this, I also wouldn't mind playing with multiple characters

Currently what I have written for the character. Personality is pretty plain and generic, wanted to leave something to develop as the RP progresses. History is also tbd, since I wanted to include his partner in the history somehow. Mech is only a concept, nothing is set, and everything is viable to change.

• wbw8enc.jpg
    + Name: Miles Fleming
    + Age: 17
    + Gender: Male
    + Sexuality: Heterosexual
    + Birthdate: 02/24

+ Appearance:
    - Height: 5'8 (173cm)
    - Weight: 147lbs (66.7kg)
    - Eyes: Blue
    - Hair: Black
    - Build: Lean
    - Complexion: Fair
    + Skills
    - Prodigious Piloting: Having been raised with EDEN since he was 3, Miles is a pilot who had been relentlessly pushed to excel. During his training, he would have made for an astounding pilot, if it weren't for the fact that he outright refused to cooperate with other mechs, and even his own navigator, if it seemed like his ability or pride would be in question

- Hand-to-Hand combat: Since most mechs were specialized to utilize some form of melee combat, Miles took to learning one of the most versatile forms of combat, simple hand-to-hand combat. While his form does not derive from any specific teachings of martial arts, it consists of a variety of grapples and blows akin to the Impact archetype.

Last edited:
Entity.Eclypse
Stela Rosetti

"When your fears come back, Stand Tall"
Basic
Name (Include Pronunciation):
Stela Rosetti (Stel-La, Ros-Et-Ti)
Sexuality:
Bisexual
Nationality:
Romanian
Birth Date (Month+Day):
24th September
Known Languages:
English, Romanian, Japanese
Position:
Pilot
Deeper Info
Self-Confidence:
Mid-tier, she see's herself as equal to her comrades.
Temperament:
Stela holds a decent bit of self control but can be pushed over edge extremely easily if the right buttons are pressed, making her a slight hot-head.
Personality: Try to give us a decent understanding of who your character is here.
Stela is a woman of initiative, in her mind the world can be divided into choices. This makes her a rather decisive person, one who holds a fearlessness if she has to stray into dangerous waters for the better of the group, in those cases she doesn't hesitate for a moment. Being the pilot of the mecha gives her a commanding position, but she's a woman of action not a strategist. She can make those split-second decisions when the scenario is in place before her but long-thought out plans are not her forte. She is known to be a bit cold though when she comes up front about things, going so far as to seemingly discard peoples emotions though this isn't the case, she just knows that the mission has to come first.

Despite her rather combative nature she is a confident woman in what she decides to go about doing in her life, making her a very self-directed person. Not everything can come with positivity though as these have some drawbacks as well. Due to her rather snappy nature she can come to be sarcastic with things or even to the point when she comes across as quite demanding, though her sarcasm can make her seem to be rather witty all the same. Her social skills are, not the greatest but they're decent enough, despite her rather sharp personality and silver-tongue she is a kind person deep down who doesn't wish for her friends to be harmed.

Morality:
Things in the world are either good or bad, there's no neutral.
Etiquette:
Her morality is demonstrated by an almost judgmental period where she tests which side things are on.
Attitude: (How does your character act most of the time?)
More often than not she just acts humble and yet cold
Outlook on Life:
Disconnected
Perception:
Combative, and Apathetically
Standpoint:
Standpoint of a Challenger
Philosophy:
"Life is a coin flip, Heads you're golden. Tails.. well you spent your coin"
Backstory
History:
Very little is known to Stela about her past before the EDEN program as it was something past where her memory could remember for the most part. But she does have memory of some things in her past, she remembers her mothers wide-brimmed sun hat that defended her from sunnburn, and her papa's words of "Just remember, you're our angel". This was all the memory she had of her past, is the image of that hat and those words that resonate in her mind even at her ripe age of sixteen. Beyond this she holds very few memories about her past beyond getting brought into the program and getting trained up.

Theme:

Partner ERROR

Last edited:
OkvnMyS.png&hash=ae5631d1bd29142e4d6d565f3c7aa42f

Delilah Aprue
Navigator

Name: Delilah Aprue
Nationality: American
Birth Date: 125
Sexuality: While she has an attraction to both the male and the female form it's very specific things she likes in a person.
Position: Navigator

Personality: Some say there's two halves to every whole - this is certainly the truth when it comes to Delilah. There is the side that she projects to the world while keeping the rest of herself, her true self, hidden. She greatly fears rejection and ridicule and as a result it's difficult to understand who she truly is. She appears as the perfect, virtuous navigator - demure, innocent, obedient with a sweet & pleasant temperament. She is unfailingly friendly, always ready with a kind soft word for those who need it. She's eager to please and quick to comply as her submission usually rewarded her in the past. She can't stand fighting and drama and will put herself far away from negative or stressful situations until her skills are needed.
Wholly unknowing of the world as she's been kept from it, Delilah is naive and far too trusting despite the past she's endured. She can't stand to have too much attention on her which rarely serves her well as being a SEED of EDEN often places her under a spotlight. Though easily stressed, Delilah can hold herself together in difficult situations. She prefers to keep her negative emotions bottled up until she can release them privately, safely.

Morality: She doesn't believe in a true "good", only that there's "evil" and "neutral". Most people fall somewhere between those too on the spectrum and she'd place herself close to neutral.
Etiquette: She won't speak out against things she sees as evil, keeping her judgement and feelings to herself. She avoids people she sees as problematic.
Attitude: Most of the time her attitude is friendly and encouraging to others. It's rare that she shows signs of irritation, panic, fear etc in front of the others.
Outlook on Life: She sees her current situation as just 'fine', feeling neither too happy nor too sad about it. She is interested in life after EDEN though, curious as to what it's like to live 'normally'.
Perception: She is a 'glass half full' sort of person, preferring to see things optimistically. She lacks a realistic perception as she's quite naive having been with EDEN since a young age.
Standpoint: She sees the world from a learning standpoint, wanting to know more about the things she's been tasked to protect since she was old enough to walk. The thing she's risked her life for everyday for the past two years.
Philosophy:
Taboos: She would never seriously harm another person.

Background:

OkvnMyS.png&hash=ae5631d1bd29142e4d6d565f3c7aa42f

Delilah Aprue
Navigator

Name: Delilah Aprue
Nationality: American
Birth Date: 125
Sexuality: While she has an attraction to both the male and the female form it's very specific things she likes in a person.
Position: Navigator

Personality: Some say there's two halves to every whole - this is certainly the truth when it comes to Delilah. There is the side that she projects to the world while keeping the rest of herself, her true self, hidden. She greatly fears rejection and ridicule and as a result it's difficult to understand who she truly is. She appears as the perfect, virtuous navigator - demure, innocent, obedient with a sweet & pleasant temperament. She is unfailingly friendly, always ready with a kind soft word for those who need it. She's eager to please and quick to comply as her submission usually rewarded her in the past. She can't stand fighting and drama and will put herself far away from negative or stressful situations until her skills are needed.
Wholly unknowing of the world as she's been kept from it, Delilah is naive and far too trusting despite the past she's endured. She can't stand to have too much attention on her which rarely serves her well as being a SEED of EDEN often places her under a spotlight. Though easily stressed, Delilah can hold herself together in difficult situations. She prefers to keep her negative emotions bottled up until she can release them privately, safely.

Morality: She doesn't believe in a true "good", only that there's "evil" and "neutral". Most people fall somewhere between those too on the spectrum and she'd place herself close to neutral.
Etiquette: She won't speak out against things she sees as evil, keeping her judgement and feelings to herself. She avoids people she sees as problematic.
Attitude: Most of the time her attitude is friendly and encouraging to others. It's rare that she shows signs of irritation, panic, fear etc in front of the others.
Outlook on Life: She sees her current situation as just 'fine', feeling neither too happy nor too sad about it. She is interested in life after EDEN though, curious as to what it's like to live 'normally'.
Perception: She is a 'glass half full' sort of person, preferring to see things optimistically. She lacks a realistic perception as she's quite naive having been with EDEN since a young age.
Standpoint: She sees the world from a learning standpoint, wanting to know more about the things she's been tasked to protect since she was old enough to walk. The thing she's risked her life for everyday for the past two years.
Philosophy:
Taboos: She would never seriously harm another person.

Background:

May have to copy that Morality, Attitude, etc. additions on your CS, just to add a bit more depth to mine.

Additions to my Miles's personality have been made to include more details.

Still looking for a navigator, but it looks like we may just have four people invested in this..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back