• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Black Ravine Hunt [OOC]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

VioletShadow

The Lunar Fae
Rules:​

• General RPN Rules
  • No godmodding or OP characters(I will enforce this)
  • Respect each other
  • 1+ paragraphs per post(6 sentences+)
  • Post 1+ per week(Tell me if otherwise)
  • Can only post after at least two other people have posted after your last post
*Discuss characters here, not in the character sheet thread*

So, my fellow players, if you're planning on making someone from the Chubic Kingdom, hit me up.

Alois is an oddly cheery elf archer (cliche, I know) and is very friendly to anyone who's on her side. So yeah, there's a high chance that if you were in the army (or just around the capital of the kingdom where she trains), she might know you.

And oh boy, do I have plans to break through her optimistic view...

So, my fellow players, if you're planning on making someone from the Chubic Kingdom, hit me up.

Alois is an oddly cheery elf archer (cliche, I know) and is very friendly to anyone who's on her side. So yeah, there's a high chance that if you were in the army (or just around the capital of the kingdom where she trains), she might know you.

And oh boy, do I have plans to break through her optimistic view...
I'm glad you've thought about some potential character development as well as the character herself ^-^

can I be a noble girl who's from Chubic Kingdom who wants to replace her mage brother who died from battle?
Sounds like an interesting concept ^-^ What did you have in mind for her combat experience? Would she have any at all?

can i just realized i used "who" a lot sksksksks *face palm*
Don't worry, I didn't even notice ;3 xD

On a seperate note, I was wondering if anybody would be willing to take on a leadership role in the group, I think it'd make things more interesting, but that's just an idea lel.

Damn, I would like to rise my sweet child up for leadership but the girl would probably panic and not do her job properly and would be the absolute worst at it.

So yeah, good luck on that leadership role guys!

My character never really had any combat experience since she's only fresh out from the academy of mages (if they have one) or she just finished her course with a private instructor. And the leadership role won't suit her cause she's just a smol bean who wants to make her family proud.

I'm not too sure what kind of skillset my character would have yet- I was originally going for archer but it seems that someone's beat me to it ^^" I might go with a polearm wielder instead!

I'd like to play a young noble lady from Eadigia who's had her head filled with stories of Robin Hood-esque heroes, and her heart set on becoming one of them. (And what better opportunity is there than the aftermath of a war that has plagued the masses for so long?). Upon hearing of a team being put together to tackle the monsters, she decides that it's exactly the moment she's been training for and steals away from her old life under the guise of a new name and background, ready to write her own stories.

tldr: I just wanted to play a fighting character who gets nauseous at the sight of gore haha

It's alright we don't HAVE to have a leader character, it was just a suggestion dw xD but I'm liking all your ideas ^^ I've been working on the lore for the Eadigia Empire, hopefully it'll be up soon xP

I was thinking of playing a noblewoman whose business was destroyed when the Black Ravine opened up. So, she has a personal interest in seeing this problem resolved. She's on a suicide mission, basically, to avenge her family's legacy. She would have expensive armor, weapons, and gear, but not much actual know-how, LOL. I could see her possibly being a leader (like, maybe she helped sponsor the expedition and was given rank because of that) but not a very good one. That could be... interesting.

But I haven't decided yet if that's the character I'm going with. She was going to be an archer, but that could change. She'd probably have more than one weapon because money is her real weapon and when you're not particularly good at wielding anything, just buy them all and figure it out later, right. My other ideas were a healer, some kind of inventor, or some kind of inhuman monster.

Hmm so four people in and we have 4 females, 3 of which are noble ladies xDD

I might have to make all the extra characters male and poor just to balance it out xDD (jk of course)

Well, I'm late to the party, one that is the furthest from a sausage party imaginable, honestly. I guess I'll play a male comedy relief/cuteness character, more of a rogue than y'all who love archers for some reason.

Alois was training to be a ranger type. So archer who can still kick ass in close combat and the group may have come from just being expert hunters (so they're actually trackers) but yeah she didn't finish her training because master died.

I am pretty surprised there are so many females. I expected otherwise. Whoops.

BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 I don't have much time to properly dissect your CS right now, but I'll write what I can think of for the moment.
Basics:
Name: Jason Riviera
Sexuality: Bisexual
Race: Vixen/Tiefling (I'll explain in the 'other' section.)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Kingdom/Empire: N/A (Nonaligned)

Personality:
Traits:
  • Intelligent
  • Curious
  • Sneaky
  • Easily entertained
  • Skilled
  • Cute
  • Energetic
  • Optimistic
Flaws:
  • Autistic (I'll explain in summary)
  • Treats everything like a game
  • Annoying
  • Overly honest
  • Informal
  • Too trusting
  • Inexperienced
  • Anyone kind to him
  • Foxes
  • Demons
  • Warm things
Dislikes:
  • Bullies
  • Racist people
  • Cats
  • Loud noises
Summary:
So, a good phrase to describe Jason would be: 'Out of his comfort zone but too shy to complain.' Being autistic, Jason doesn't understand abstract concepts like love or satisfaction, can't relate or empathise that well and only really works in absolutes and routines. He is energetic to high heaven and curious, but encountering something he doesn't understand makes him quiet and... Sad. If he trusts you and you've been kind to him, Jason will put his full trust in you. While he seems apathetic and rude, he probably just doesn't know how to interact with you. But, there's another side to Jason, his demonic side that's incredibly charming and understands a lot more than his 'companion'. This side isn't cruel or evil, just protective and a great sensor of people trying to bullshit Jason. This personality is referred to as River.​

Appearance:
Hair: Snowy white.
Eyes: Mint green.
Build: Short and thin.
Complexion: As white as his hair.
Attire: Typical rogue attire, a cloth shirt, cloth trousers and a cloak, all in questionable condition.
Scars: One along the left side of his neck, actually a major weak point.
Summary/Picture:
[SPOILER="Jason Headshot"[/SPOILER]​
Jason is a short boy, at 3'0" and his features are even smaller, except his eyes. He has fair skin, green eyes, snowy hair and fox ears of the same colour. Going down his body, you see that he's incredibly thin, even for his height. Coming to his waist, we see a fox tail at the back. Overall: small boy with a white and green colour scheme.​

Backstory:
Hometown: Haystack, a small farming town serving as a buffer zone between the empire and the kingdom.
Relationships:
Well, the family he served were alright to him, some more than others and most others tended to leave him alone. He considers River a separate entity, a view that goes both ways as they envision each other as separate people living in one body. Anyone both trust are held very highly in Jason's eyes, so that's a good few possible relationships.​
Summary:
Well, Vixen originally evolved and are only normally found in a forest near Haystack. When the residents discovered this, they saw it as easy labour and tourism. Jason was born from a female Vixen servant and a Tiefling who was caught in the village and also served the family. He was raised early on to be a servant, training that was interrupted by Jason's obvious learning disability. His village was one of the first to be taken over by the ravine's dark soldiers, an event that plays in his head even months after. After this, Jason went around different towns in the buffer zone, not wanting to risk entry to either big nations. This has lead to him hearing the call to go into the ravine and offering his life to avenge his village.​

Abilities:
Spells:
  • Crystal Monarch: Jason has a good grasp on his main power, using his own adrenaline, energy and dopamine to produce small objects made of crystal.
  • Chemical Imbalance: River's specialty; he either takes chemicals from his body and gives them to others or vice-versa, affecting both himself and the target.
  • All or Nothing: The last resort. Jason loses nearly all control, his power and strength increasing tenfold for half an hour before being nearly powerless for a week. This is how he escaped Haystack, he never remembers what happens during it and it only activates in times of extreme emotional peril.
Skills:
  • Jason has very sensitive hearing. This is both an advantage, allowing him to hear danger coming miles before others, and a handicap, as he is autistic and loud noise, overstimulation or just noise could result in his brain just shutting down as he tries to stay calm.
  • Jason is extremely intelligent, understanding tactics, psychology and biology extremely well.
Weaknesses:
  • Jason doesn't know what other people feel, or why they feel that way. He is therefore not any help trying to comfort a friend or socially interacting. River is slightly better, but he's also pretty bad at empathy.
  • The scar on his neck is a weak spot to the point where even a weak punch there could knock Jason out or kill him.

Combat:
Armour: Jason only uses very light leather clothing, opting not to use armour for better mobility.
Weapon: Jason uses a set of twin daggers, quartz hilt with an emerald blade, in nearly all fights.
Fighhting Style: Jason relies on outmaneuvering and outsmarting his enemy, dodging and striking when his enemy is off guard.

Other:
Inventory: Not much except his his clothes, weapon and an amethyst pendant that he sometimes wears for luck.
Theme: Demons by Imagine Dragons
Quotes:
"Wait, you're not a giant? You are to me!"​
River: "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Jason: "What?" River: "Not being a naive little child, you should try it sometime!" Jason: "You say that like you're older than me."​
Other Notes:
Vixens are part of a group of supernaturals that evolved from animals socially close to humans, namely foxes, rapidly through magical influence, becoming similar to humans apart from some features, namely size, fox ears and a tail.

• Firstly, is it alright if we change the race name of 'Vixen' to 'Kitsune'? It's just what I'm used to pertaining to fox-humans. If you really want to keep it that way, that's kewl too ^^
  • Not everyone plays D&D or is too familiar with it, so I'd like you to add a description of Tieflings to your CS as well.
  • I can work with the fact that your character is merely 8 years old, however, his abilities are far too powerful for someone of that age. Therefore you either change the age of your character, or you nerf his abilities.
  • If you're going to create something as significant as a buffer zone, I'd need more details on it. Why has Haystack not been taken over by the empire or the kingdom? How does it maintain its peace?
  • The creatures that came out of the ravine weren't soldiers, they were adaptable man-eating creatures.
  • You've got many characteristics in the wrong places, 'skilled' and 'intelligent' are not personality traits, 'inexperienced' isn't a personality flaw, his dislike of 'bullies' and 'racist people' is a bit obvious, because who doesn't? But I guess you can keep that there.
  • I don't mind dual personalities, as long as you keep it in moderation(aka don't make him become everyone at once)
  • Explain all of his spells in more detail, how did he learn about crystal magic? How on earth does he manage to take out and extort crucial chemicals from the body?, and how did he learn this? How did he gain his 'all or nothing' spell? None of the spells really relate to each other or form a connection to his backstory. These all need to be nerfed/given a degree of power.
  • People arn't just born with super amazing sensitive hearing that can hear from miles away. At least give some explanation. This also needs to be nerfed.
  • His extreme intelligence is too vague and general. You can't just know everything all the time when you're 8 years old. I don't mind him being slightly more well-versed in a single subject, e.g. biology, but he can't be an expert.
  • His lack of empathy is not an ability weakness. That goes in the personality flaws section. Add another weakness.
  • How did he learn how to be a rogue? It's not even mentioned in his backstory. He shouldn't even have any combat experience.
Fix/address all of these points then perhaps I will accept your CS. Likes/loves from me(on your character sheet) indicate acceptance.

I was thinking of playing a noblewoman whose business was destroyed when the Black Ravine opened up. So, she has a personal interest in seeing this problem resolved. She's on a suicide mission, basically, to avenge her family's legacy. She would have expensive armor, weapons, and gear, but not much actual know-how, LOL. I could see her possibly being a leader (like, maybe she helped sponsor the expedition and was given rank because of that) but not a very good one. That could be... interesting.

But I haven't decided yet if that's the character I'm going with. She was going to be an archer, but that could change. She'd probably have more than one weapon because money is her real weapon and when you're not particularly good at wielding anything, just buy them all and figure it out later, right. My other ideas were a healer, some kind of inventor, or some kind of inhuman monster.

Which country is your character from? If it's Eadigia our characters may have crossed paths before! Which... wouldn't bode well for my character, but that'd make it a lot more interesting!

VioletShadow VioletShadow

By the by boss, would it be okay for a Wood Elf to have a natural attunement to nature? I wouldn't go as far as say she can talk to animals and trees but more like she can feel emotions coming from the animals and stuff like that? Something like feeling at home somewhere even though it's just your first time there.

Might not even be too important since they're going to plunge deep into an abyss that drains life away but just in case.

Hmm so four people in and we have 4 females, 3 of which are noble ladies xDD

I might have to make all the extra characters male and poor just to balance it out xDD (jk of course)

On second thought, I'd be a 100% fine if I swapped my character's gender just to have a little more balance xD It doesn't affect the character much either way!

I have to ask some questions about the mages in Chubic Kingdom. Is there a school for them where they learn spells and train?

VioletShadow VioletShadow

By the by boss, would it be okay for a Wood Elf to have a natural attunement to nature? I wouldn't go as far as say she can talk to animals and trees but more like she can feel emotions coming from the animals and stuff like that? Something like feeling at home somewhere even though it's just your first time there.

Might not even be too important since they're going to plunge deep into an abyss that drains life away but just in case.
Yup, that sounds fine, just remember to note that in your CS too ^^
by the by agane? xP being called boss is strangely enjoyable lel

I have to ask some questions about the mages in Chubic Kingdom. Is there a school for them where they learn spells and train?
I knew I forgot something in the lore! Throughout both the empire and kingdom, as magic is present throughout the world, there are magic academies of varying skill levels(there are also battle mage academies). There are also private tutors available(although usually more expensive) if school is not an option or tutoring is preffered. Keep in mind though that dark/life-draining/blood magic/etc are not taught in schools(imagine if they were lol - children killing everyone), and the tutors that teach those subjects are extremely pricey. It is also looked down upon, it isn't something you brag about or you'll gain the attention of the authorities. I'm going to add this hastily written paragraph on magic to the lore ^^

Also I do not have time to dissect your CS atm, will do so later today hopefully ^^
On second thought, I'd be a 100% fine if I swapped my character's gender just to have a little more balance xD It doesn't affect the character much either way!
If you're willing, then thank you for your noble sacrifice! xP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back