• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Berkley House

horrorshow

black magic and cigarettes
Seclusion and secrecy are the foundation upon which the Berkley family have built their reputation. Their vast estate on the outskirts of Ellenton, Massachusetts has been the source of many local rumors and mysteries for decades. The brick walls climb to a towering four stories that can barely be seen from the wrought iron black gate that protects the heavily wooded property. No one ever crosses through the gate of the Berkley house to enter, and very rarely does anyone come out.

Despite the oddity of the Berkley House, the rest of Ellenton lives in relative normalcy. A poverty-stricken town trying to rise to some level of comfort, it is full of honest, hard workers and youth who dream of a better world. The good and the bad is taken in stride in Ellenton, and everyone works together toward a happier end.

Among the families that make up the quaint towns population is the Lester family. Their four children are as tight-knit as can be, and despite the financial hardship their family currently faces, they seem to keep their cheerful spirits just as palpable as ever.

Or at least, they did.

The town will never forget the day, the strange, strange day that Mr. and Mrs. Lester collected their mail from the towns post and returned home to their children with somber faces and grave news. They had sold their children into slavery. Not brutal, terrible slavery that would work them to death before their time, but slavery nonetheless. The Berkley family had purchased all four children to replace their former house and grounds keeping who had all disappeared under mysterious circumstances. It was the darkest day of the Lester children's life, for they had always believed their parents to be loving, kind people who would go to the ends of the earth to protect their children. Now they were enslaved to the mysterious Berkley House, from which they did not know if they should ever return.

Sorry I'm not good at coding, this could be really pretty but I'm not smart.
Also, if anyone at all wants to help run this roleplay, be my guest. I have some ideas to keep the plot pressing forward but more is always welcome!
The Berkley children are witches/warlocks. They entirely hate outsiders, and intend to make the lives of the Lester children a terrifying and cruel hell. At first with common tricks and spells, but progressing into much worse torment as time moves on.
As far as the setting, I'm thinking late 1800s/early1900s aesthetic with no hard historical rules because not everyone is super good at that kind of thing, and I want everyone having fun and not stressing over research. Just aim for the general theme of that time period and I'm happy!
And by witches I mean like, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina or something like that. If you're not familiar with that don't worry, it was just an example and I'm open to you developing your witch in your own style!
The Berkley children:
The Oldest (19)
The Second (17) horrorshow horrorshow
The Third & 4th (twins, 16)

The Lester children:
Oldest (19)
Second (18) (This child is a cousin adopted from extended family when they were a child, but a Lester sibling nonetheless.)
Third (17)
Fourth (16)

Mr. and Mrs. Berkley are in the game but are very much not involved with their children's lives as they have live-in help to tutor their children and do everything else for them. They can be used by any player if needed but they are not main characters by any means. You are welcome to develop your surroundings with other NPCs who work/live in the Berkley house, but they story is focused on the eight children.

Roles are first come, first serve, and you can have up to 2 roles if you want. The twins of the Berkley family can be claimed by one sole player, or they can be entirely fraternal and played by two different players.

If a role is crossed out, it's taken.
I. I am expecting literate roleplayers for this. Well thought out responses, give people a post length they can work with. I'm not super strict, I just want this to be on the more advanced side.
II. Everyone get along and work together! If we can't build upon our ideas OOC then there's no point in playing together.
III. This is not the place to bring your master x slave kink. Yes technically some of the characters now work for some of the other characters, and the relationship between them at first will be very much like that but it is not a kink thing so don't bring that over here. There absolutely is going to be romance occurring but y'all don't get weird on me lol.
IV. Romance is encouraged, drama and angst are encouraged! LGBTQ friendly as always!
V. Realistic face claims.
VI. This goes without saying but no breaking RPN rules obviously, I am totally expecting dark themes of angst/horror if you want/mature content, but keep it within the guidelines.

And I think that's everything! If enough people seem interested I'll make a character sheet, and a discord. Although I have no idea how to make a discord server. Because I'm really not that tech savvy anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back