• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Bear is Dead: A Second Russian Civil War RP [CLOSED]

Zillamaster55

In Denial About Denial
1988 - Gorbachev suffers a severe stroke, causing much of the Soviet government to question his ability to lead the state. As a result, talks with the United States regarding the wall essentially fall entirely within America's favor. By the end of the year, the Berlin Wall is demolished, and plans for a "Unified Germany" put into effect

1989 - Due to Gorbachev's ailing health, members of the Soviet government move to replace him via a series of convoluted votes and public denouncements. In his place is Gennady Yanayev, a low-ranking politician who's closeness to Gorbachev made him a prime candidate. Immediately, Yanayev's position as General Secretary is put under intense scrutiny.

1990 - As member states of the Warsaw Pact begin to break away into independent republics, Yanayev seeks to secure his authority by removing opponents from office in the "August Nightmare" of 1990, which leads to numerous extrajudicial imprisonments of politicians and military officers alike.

1991 - Yanayev, having cemented himself as the head of the USSR, fails to properly implement a plan of re-collectivization of the farms within the country, which causes a severe food shortage, leading the nation to import grain from overseas. Yanayev's opponents, both in and out of prison, attempt to rally in Moscow.

December 19, 1991 - Nearly two thousand opponents of the Yanayev regime march in Moscow demanding his abdication. Military forces of both sides dig in across Red Square in order to intimidate the other. Someone fires a shot. By the end of the night, 96 people are dead, more than 400 wounded before the chaos can be brought to a halt.

December 31, 1991 - The New Soviet Republic Authority (Власть Новой Советской Республики) forms in Stalingrad as direct opposition to Yanayev, declaring itself an "independent body of representatives of the Soviet peoples". Numerous nearby cities join them. Ethnic, religious and political groups take their chance to step out from the shadows.

January 1, 1992 - The Second Russian Civil War has begun

bEARiSdEAD.png

WELCOME TO “THE BEAR IS DEAD”, A SOVIET COLLAPSE ROLEPLAYING GAME!

What this is
The game, similar to many of the “Nation RP” games that are being hosted on this site, involves the creation and command of a fictional group that involves itself in the “Second Russian Civil War”, following the complete breakdown of the Soviet government. Players will design and lead their own troops, with their own goals, strengths and weaknesses, through PvE and PvP scenarios that are directly influenced by the players themselves

How to Join
In order to participate in the RP, you will first need to announce in the thread by stating your desired location and a brief (1-3 sentences) description of yourself. When you do this, you will reserve a “slot” (space is limited!). After that, you will be REQUIRED TO ADD ME ON DISCORD ( Zillamaster55#8436 )!!! From here, you will be able to send “turns” to me, which will be used to command your creations in battle throughout the RP. However, you will first need to send me an introductory turn in order for me to properly craft your “infobox”

Introduction Format
  • Flag (250x150px)
  • Leader with picture (Can be real or fictional [preferred], image will be resized to 81x115)
  • Starting Location (Moscow, Stalingrad, Kiev, Leningrad and Minsk are off limits, refer to map)
  • A paragraph description of how your group came into being, its goals, its political affiliations, etc
    • Any ethnic, religious or political group can be formed. The more specific, the more difficult, but also the more unique. Just understand that a Buddhist NazBol Separatist Army in Kalmyk might have a tough time!

Turn Format
Note: Limit of 10 lines, maximum 2 sentences per line. OOC messages are encouraged to help explain things
  • Diplomacy - Deals with other players or NPCs
  • Internal - Deals with politics, economics, and the overseeing of civilians
  • Warfare - The fun stuff
  • Espionage - Everything from supply theft, spying on enemy troops, to full on assassinations. All bets are off

The Infobox
The “Infobox” is a crucial part of the Nation RP genre, as it allows the authors to be able to easily convey information in a tidy and visually pleasing format. These “infoboxes” will have a set of features that are as follows:
1Strength.png Strength represents the fighting capabilities of your group. This is an accumulation of raw manpower, equipment, reserves, training, etc. Large bands of militia will have less strength than a small, elite group of armored troops as an example.

2Unity.png Unity represents the general cohesion and structure of your command. High unity means officers and soldiers remain loyal, and will carry out orders in a timely manner, while low unity leads to disgruntled troops and the possibility of mutiny!

3Popularity.png Popularity represents the accumulated opinions of areas you control, the Soviet public, and the world at large. A highly popular army may see towns revolt in their favor and receive international support, while low popularity means civilians may attempt to wrestle control away from you.

SLOTS 4/8
----
joshuadim joshuadim - People’s Front of Ukraine
Amfleet Amfleet - Veterans’ Mobilization for Reform
Fighting Monk Fighting Monk - All National Congress of Vainakhistan
Euskalduna Euskalduna - Self Liberation Army
TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple - (pending)
Moose762 Moose762 - (pending)
Amber902 Amber902 - Far East Technate
Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller - (Unnamed Orthodox Army)
----

Questions? Comments? Communism? Ask them here!

ONCE SLOTS ARE FULL, THEY'RE FULL!

Current Map (Will add other players soon)

Map_Start_Stylized.png

Last edited:

Starting Location: Kazan

The Veterans’ Mobilization for Reform began as an informal association of Afghanistan veterans from the VDV troops based in Kazan. Many were disillusioned by the Soviet defeat in Afghanistan started under the conservative Brezhnev government that had cost so many of their comrades for nothing. After being ordered into another bloody conflict, this time against their own brothers in arms in Stalingrad, much of the VDV instead went rogue and took over local institutions around their barracks. They intend to link up with other true reformers seeking to liberalize Russia and modernize their nation, but so far the NSRA has not offered much of what they are seeking. For the time being, they focus on consolidating their holdings seeking allies in their greater quest to create a new Russia. Control of aircraft and helicopter factories in Kazan mean that while their holdings are small, their interests can be projected over relatively great distance.

Last edited:
Name: Caucasus Liberation Army
Description: For far too long those Soviet yoke have oppressed us, as the red bear collapsed around us we found a unique opportunity to liberate ourselves. If we must fight for our independence then so be it, but no true son of these lands should go down without a fight!

• Name: The Russian Democratic Federation
  • Leader with picture: Boris Yeltsin
  • Starting Location: Valdisvostok and most of Eastern Siberia
  • A paragraph description of how your group came into being, its goals, its political affiliations, etc:

Too long has the party been in power. Too long have the people of Russia and beyond have oppressed by a government that lies to them. Too long have corrupted leaders destroyed the legacy of Father Lenin. No more. To survive in this new age Mother Russia must cast off the old system and embrace progressiveness and liberalism if we are to survive another decade of Western oppression.

The old system must be shed and rebuilt as a Democracy. Only the, and only then, can we even claim to be the true bastion of freedom and the bulwark against the corruption of the west. The dreams of Lenin and Trotsky were of a free democratic state where all men, women, enthicties were all equal and under one flag.

The meaning of Russian freedom and sacrifice lost meaning on the other side of this grand nation. We are the free men of Russia free men of the true Russia we stand guard in the East against their oppression. Let this be known, once the Wolves of the East are done tearing each other's throats out he will march out and once again reclaim the true Russian dream.

We will once more stretch the true Russia from Europe to East Asia.

The dream will never die, not as long as we carry the torch of freedom.

1cdd4d9da2714b3a6a0464a89e505e1a.png

TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple - Please contact me (via PM or Discord) to discuss your location. Vladivostok is currently held by Euskalduna Euskalduna

Moose762 Moose762 the same goes for you, as Fighting Monk Fighting Monk is in control of Grozny.

I will consider your positions reserved, but please contact me by the end of the night (Central US Time) to adjust your positions. Do not worry, I will make as many accommodations as possible.

My sincerest apologies on my part. However, you can still keep your nations and your lore if you so desire.

YOU HAVE UNTIL TONIGHT TO GIVE ME YOUR FACTION INTRODUCTIONS AND INFORMATION!!

Afterwards, I will close this thread and begin accepting turns from locked in players. Please hurry quick!

• Name: City of Novosibirsk.
  • Flag of Novosibirsk.
1567265098413.png
  • Leader: Fyodor.
1567260691362.png
  • Starting Location: City of Novosibirsk and Siberian forests.
  • A paragraph description of how your group came into being, its goals, its political affiliations, etc:
After a long and brutal power struggle a former priest by the name of Fyodor emerged as the odd victor that controlled Novosibirsk, the largest city of Siberia. He suddenly found himself with over fifty factories, a small private army of his own and a million people under his jurisdiction. And he had a power station and a metro system to boot. A lot was given to Fyodor and much was expected even for a freshman politician like him. He hit the ground running, immediately setting himself to work on consolidating his power for a few months by focusing on local problems (he resolved industrial disputes, oversaw construction of new factories, promoted good relations between civil servants and the public, protected the authority of the Orthodox church and developed the land). And on his off-time he liked to take a deep dive into Soviet politics.

Fyodor monitored the latest developments of the Soviet Union and when he saw it all he wasn't too pleased with the news. From what he could gather there were many separatists and rebel groups ready to revolt at any time. It was way worse than Fyodor thought. With the remaining time he had left, the priest-turned-politician focused all his efforts into preparing for this catastrophic event. Money was poured into weapons and armor. Military officers were secretly hired and consulted for their expertise. Fyodor started talks with neighboring cities, towns and villages. Some of them showed concern and some did not. He advised his city to stock up on supplies and start 'looking after themselves'. This all did not go unnoticed by the Soviets or the KGB for that matter. In the middle of the night they broke into his home, brought him in a car and interrogated him in a dark room. They asked him questions. They were polite. And Fyodor answered each and every question with confidence. He was brought home safely the next morning.

In the end, Fyodor's preparations paid off because things went as bad as he thought it would. The Second Russian Civil War has begun and now its up to Fyodor to weather these bad times. Maybe he can even try to get all of Russia under control but for now he prefers to cover his own ass.

Attachments

• 1567260178980.png
    1567260178980.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Flag: (Hey, can you tell me how to make a flag?)
  • Leader: Papa Fyodor.
  • Starting Location: The wastes of Siberia.
  • A paragraph description of how your group came into being, its goals, its political affiliations, etc
    • Group: A ragtag bunch of orthodox priests from the middle of nowhere that seek to bring a spiritual awakening upon all Russia.
  • (ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS. HOLD YOUR HORSES. WILL KEEP WRITING!)
Snagged! I'll give you a tutorial once y'all add me on discord (link in the OP).

As of this post, however, the slots are closed.

Snagged! I'll give you a tutorial once y'all add me on discord (link in the OP).

As of this post, however, the slots are closed.

Say man, this is a little embarrassing to admit but. . . I can't find the link. A lack of skill or common sense I know, but I need your help. Can you give it to me directly?

Calm down man, they also have a life and whatnot, iirc they said theyd be busy

Sorry, I'm just a little too enthusiastic for my own good. Its been a long time since I've been in a good story like this. It has potential and I know it. I'm even starting to read up on relevant topics on this subject to get my groove up. Well, how're you doing on your end, Moose?

Sorry, I'm just a little too enthusiastic for my own good. Its been a long time since I've been in a good story like this. It has potential and I know it. I'm even starting to read up on relevant topics on this subject to get my groove up. Well, how're you doing on your end, Moose?
Pretty good, just chillin out and waiting for this game to start, hopefully neither of us die in the first turn lol

Pretty good, just chillin out and waiting for this game to start, hopefully neither of us die in the first turn lol

I hope none of us die in the first turn. That just sounds like a horrible way to go. Welp, guess I'll go a couple of Russian games and get the feel of Mother Russia right.

How's everything going, guys? I'm just checking in. I've been reading some books related to these times but eh. . . I'm gonna take a break sometime soon.

This entire chat is silent. That's no good, we're fellow writers and enthusiasts not competitors. We're here to have fun, not just to win any game. Let's spice things up a little, even by doing little things such as exchanging books or maps on the subject. Ask questions. Play games. Tell us about yourselves. Tell us of your dreams. We'll talk back to you. Or at least I will. Silence won't do good here so early when the story hasn't even taken off yet. Just talk to me, man, I'm putting my heart out here.

This entire chat is silent. That's no good, we're fellow writers and enthusiasts not competitors. We're here to have fun, not just to win any game. Let's spice things up a little, even by doing little things such as exchanging books or maps on the subject. Ask questions. Play games. Tell us about yourselves. Tell us of your dreams. We'll talk back to you. Or at least I will. Silence won't do good here so early when the story hasn't even taken off yet. Just talk to me, man, I'm putting my heart out here.

for these kind of games we usually discuss it on a discord or something and reserve the thread for turn posts and supplementals when they come out. i'll ask zilla to make a new discord around this

for these kind of games we usually discuss it on a discord or something and reserve the thread for turn posts and supplementals when they come out. i'll ask zilla to make a new discord around this

All right. I do have some things to share though. And I do want to discuss the setting of this story. This'll clear a lot of things up and we'll be able to make a story that's faithful to the setting.

The Self Liberation Army exists as a counterweight to the centralised government sprawling out of Moscow, thousands of miles away. It fights for the freedom of not just the eastern states, but all of the union, setting about a program of autonomous, decentralised confederations manned by educated and trained locals with the intention to serve local needs, coordinate with other confederations to encourage the free movement of goods and services between locals, and to secure the rights for the equal share and right to the riches of the land for all of its inhabitants as the common bounty from which we derive our livelihoods.

Voluntary participation is key to its success, as is proving the fact that the people do not need to be governed to survive; that they can live unoppressed with dignity and plenty, but with the education to understand that not all times will be glorious, and that we will be stronger in the end through our will, courage, and earnest desire for a better world.

The local naval commander took the first step as the troops under his command seize Vladivostok, and set about reorganising and reeducating the locals to aid each other, fight for each other, and educate each other, and are now preparing to move north and secure its base from which it hopes to achieve its goals. Compromise will be a failure of the SLA, and failure is not an option.

vlad rebels.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back