• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Battle of One Hundred Mamodo (Zatch Bell) [Accepting Humans]

Every thousand years, a competition is held for the Mamodo world. The top one hundred young Mamodo are sent into the human world, our world, to determine who is the strongest, and who is most capable of becoming king.

These Mamodo are powerful creatures. Sometimes they look like human children, or teenagers. Sometimes they look like beasts, or insects. Sometimes they change what they look like, depending on the situation. Not only do their physical forms vary, but so do their powerful magical abilities. Some may use the power of lightning to paralyze their foes, some may uproot the very forces of nature itself to attack, some may invade the very mind of their opponents. The potential is endless.

Unlike in the Mamodo world, where these demons are able to cast their spells freely, in the human world it is far more complicated. Each Mamodo is assigned a book, this book contains the secrets behind their abilities. Only a human with a matching heart may read from a specific Mamodo's book. The Mamodo must search for their human partner, for being a lone demon child in this world is truly dangerous. Alliances from the old world are rarely held. When they finally do meet their partner, they may only be able to read one or two of these powerful abilities, but as they travel and fight together, they will both, without a doubt, grow stronger. Both human and Mamodo alike should only hope that they share the same goals.

So you, a Mamodo, placed into this strange world. Will you search for your partner? Will you fight with them until the very end, in order to find yourself atop that throne? What if this human does not want to fight? What if you are too afraid to battle? Will you protect the innocents in the crossfire? Or will you burn them along with the rest? Your path is yours to decide... As long as your partner allows it.

And you, a human, a strange book bestowed upon you by this demon. Will you help them achieve their dreams? Put yourself in harms way, for seemingly no selfish advantage? Will you cower and hide from this responsibility? Will you use this powerful Mamodo for your own gains? Using their power to crush any who would stand in your way? Was this book a gift? Or a curse? It will be whatever you make it. They rely on you, only you can read the words. Though some of these demon children are not to be crossed.

cast.jpg

So as you guys can probably tell, this is an alternate universe version of Zatch Bell. It is set in the same timeline, that being modern world today, but none of the characters from the Manga/Anime exist. Instead the RP will focus on our characters, and their journey toward becoming Mamodo King. Though of course in the end there can only be one.

During the RP groups will be forced to work together to overcome extensive odds, becoming teams of friends, or simply relying on one another at times. You don't have to work together, however, any player(s) can choose their path, though if you wish to be a 'villain' without some sort of redemption, then your role in the story will probably be short lived, otherwise you would have too long a period of absence to make the rp interesting for you.

As far as creating a character goes, you have two options as far as what I expect posting wise.

The first is to create a Mamodo and a Human, whom work together, so you aren't relying on another person for your rp. For this I expect a reply around once every 3-4 days, obviously more is better, but this is the maximum time I can realistically allow to keep the story flowing. If you need to go for an extended period of time, simply let me know, as this type of character setup is very easy to simply say that they left to train, or whatever have you. As far as length of post, preferably two or more paragraphs, since you are roleplaying two characters who are going to be interacting with one another frequently. Less is fine at times, but the norm should be around that.

The second is to create either a Mamodo, or a Human, and then partner with another player. The benefit to this is that you get two different opinions going in to what is happening, which is more realistic for the plot. However, due to partners relying on one another, I expect a post at least 1-2 days after your partner's post. These posts can be shorter, I would prefer a paragraph or more on average. If you want to write a one liner response, just try to put in some emotions or physical reactions to add to the situation. As far as prolonged absence, your partner and I will need to know in advance, so we can set up a situation in which you would be separated for some time. If you do not think you can post this frequently, then this option is not for you.

For creating a Human, you can be any age, gender, race, location. It doesn't matter, as long as you play it accurately. The character will need to at least be able to speak the words for the spells.

You can also have special abilities, such as martial arts, stealth, or even supernatural powers, though obviously I'm going to judge them by their power.

For a Mamodo, as mentioned in the above lore, you can be pretty much anything. The majority of Mamodo will be human-like children and teenagers, however. You could even have a Mamodo that does not speak in normal words, though if you're planning on only playing a Mamodo, this might become a bit boring :^).

For Mamodo your abilities should fit a theme, such as fire, ice, milk, ect... Though the theme can be anything. At the start of the rp we will start off very weak, only able to use one spell, maybe two after the first or second fight. So you don't need to think of all of your spells straight away, as they will be developed over the course of the rp. And of course I won't be accepting anything that is over the top. If you plan on making a villain, they can be stronger at first.

On that note, there will also be a section for One off Villains, which anyone in the rp can roleplay, and create.

You can make more than one 'main character' but I will probably limit it to 2-3 depending on the situation.

All of the normal rules will apply, in the end my word will be the deciding factor in disputes, I may also ask the opinion of other members in the RP.

As far as relationships go, this RP is definitely not romance driven, but they will be allowed, and if it goes further nothing more than a fade. Just be realistic about it, especially if you want to RP a younger character :l

God modding characters will be declined or removed, of course I like to discuss it with the player before I take any action.

Anyone is allowed to join, some knowledge of the universe would be appreciated, but I can answer any questions you might have.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Randomfella This RP won't get 100+ RPers realistically, so how is this going to happen exactly? Will there be arcs that we can all participate in? WIll there be volunteers to RP NPCs? I don't mind being enemies and whatnot while also maintaining a constant human or mamodo.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot, im guessing will just be NPCs, probably rped by the rpers, and by Randomfella, is what we sorta had going last time 

@Randomfella This RP won't get 100+ RPers realistically, so how is this going to happen exactly? Will there be arcs that we can all participate in? WIll there be volunteers to RP NPCs? I don't mind being enemies and whatnot while also maintaining a constant human or mamodo.

So the 100 part is just the total number of Mamodo fighting in the battle to determine the king. Most of these will be npc's, and there probably won't be 100 total (As in this battle, it's not only our characters fighting, but other Mamodo will be fighting one another, so numbers will drop that way also)

In total I'm looking for around four-six teams total, depending on interest, which will include people playing both.

There will be plenty of part time villain npc's rp'd by me, or by other players if they wish to rp their own small time battles, which I'll always be making sure stay within the rules. So yeah, the whole idea of maintaining your main character, while also playing a different enemy at one time if you wish, is kind of how these part time villains will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back