• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Bastard Of Hardholme

wolvenserpentine

BLACKJACK!

Not even days after the death of its Lord, the seat of Hardholme was contested. Its rightful heir fled along with a trusted few from the tyranny of his half-brother. The Bastard had taken the lands by force, a coup of sorts. His Lord and Father had legitimized him 5 years prior under vow that he would make no claim upon his lands. He had clearly gone back on that promise.

The Easterlands had grown unstable under the ownership of the previous lord. Its people hungry, for food, and for change. When the Lord fell ill, talk of whom would take the seat of the Easterlands became commonplace. With the rightful heir being only 13 years of age, people wanted stronger rulership. The Bastard was battle-hardened, 24 years old, and had been accruing support silently for years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This RP will follow the group (including the rightful heir) as they flee through the forests to the north away from the Bastard, and their adventures there. I have a vague idea as to how I want the story to go, with the group eventually challenging the Bastard's rule but I'd like everyone's opinions and input.

I've purposefully left the characters unnamed for any RP'ers to choose for themselves.

I'm thinking I'd like some magical elements, but no god-mode. Traditional races. Characters can be people from Hardholme, be they merchants, soldiers, craftsmen etc. They could also be related to the heir in some way. I may also be persuaded into allowing the Bastard to be playable.

I want everyone involved to have the freedom to contribute to the story in a meaningful way.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or to suggest any ideas.

(Posted in fantasy too, not sure which is a better fit)

Definitely interested, I have many good ideas for characters I might want to play as, and I like the idea in general. Also depending on how realistic to a medieval society it is it might belong here, if it's got more fantasy elements it should go under fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back