• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Archivists of Avida (Open for like 3 more)

LostHaven

Error 404: Heaven not found.
Roleplay Type(s)
1702996032183.pngWorld activity has ceased.

Living beings remaining: 263

World's End has been declared. Archiving.

World Cycle 1-113-991-DELTA: 'Terra' has been archived.

Loading next cycle. Please designate a name for World Cycle 1-113-992-DELTA:

[ - - - - - ]

[ E a r t h ]

Confirmed. Initiating World Cycle 1-113-992-DELTA; 'Earth'

• The World undergoes an infinite cycle of rebirth and destruction.

For epoch, the duty of overseeing this unending cycle fell upon the shoulders of a single deity; The Arbiter of the World's Machinations, the Deus Ex Machina, 'Avida'. As eons pass, the God's body and mind eroded, as all things do with the inevitable passing of time. However, even in the absence of God, the cogs of machinery behind the fabric of the world must spin onward, and the mere thought of an aimless, perpetual cycle without a shepherd to guide it toward a better ending, terrified Avida, more so than its own encroaching demise.

And thus, as its own impending end approached, the God devised a plan; it would refine its divine authority to build and rebuild the world into a 'system' mortalkind could operate, and the authority of absolute control over the system would be passed down unto few select mortals, and to their sons and daughters after them. It fell now upon mortals to oversee the very cycle that governed their world.

"To you, you three honourable Magi, I bestow upon you a fragment of divine authority. With it, shape the flow of these rivers of time and chart the course of destiny; for the reincarnation of the world falls now unto your hands.

To mortalkind, I bestow each a sliver of God’s power; let magic flow through the world like blood through veins, and let it prosper and shine ever more radiant throughout the cycles. This is my humble wish; and this is your noble mission. Let the world smile ever brighter with each reincarnation, until you reach the ‘happy end’ we once so desired."

Even as life faded from the God's mechanical body, it rebuilt its corpse into the terminal through which the World System could be accessed; 'Yggdrasil'. And, the few mortal men that were granted the God's divine authority banded together into an organization that they named in honor of their fallen God; 'The Archivists of Avida'.

Though the three founders of the Archivsts faithfully upheld their sacred duty of arbitrating over the world's death and rebirth, the God failed to account for the impermanence of men, even despite the revelation of its own limited lifespan. Eventually, the extended lifespans of the three Founders also came to pass, and their duty fell upon their successors, and the successors of those thereafter. And, such is human nature, it was logically and feasibly impossible to quell ambition and the differing beliefs held by mortal men.

And thus, it falls upon these flawed, mortal men to steer the direction of fate.

Perhaps, we could never reach our ideal end.

Hi!!

So like what are we supposed to do as charries? Teach humans magic? Convert followers to the Avida religion? Find 263 survivors then CONQUER PLANET EARTH?! Likewut?!

Hi!!

So like what are we supposed to do as charries? Teach humans magic? Convert followers to the Avida religion? Find 263 survivors then CONQUER PLANET EARTH?! Likewut?!
Uh

You do whatever I say.

Which certainly will not be turning a respectable institute into a religion, enslaving the human race or giving them more ways to spectacularly murder each other

There is no god, only chaos. Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Count me in. Who do I need to sucker punch?(For legal reasons that was a joke)

There is no god, only chaos. Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Count me in. Who do I need to sucker punch?(For legal reasons that was a joke)
Well, I'd say to sucker punch me because clearly, I've hired a bunch of terrorists for a fucking MTF

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

We worship Grandpa Nurgle in this household, get out.
"WHAT? SKARBRAND LOATHES BIG SAD! SKARBRAND DOES NOT HAVE DEPRESSION! THIS MAKE SKARBRAND ANGRY!"
[angry spikey boy screeching]

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter BuggaBoo BuggaBoo
I've made an OOC where you can all engage in idle chatter whilst I do GM things and most certainly not procrastinate

i usually prefer discord for chatter and discussion but thats not gonna happen for the next week or so so like ping me in OOC if theres any questions ig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back