• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Arbys

AlwaysYours said:
The last two Relationship posts are kinda droll. This is a gang. Opposition only creates weak links...and too many weak links is bad enough( thiugh, I'm sure that character dev. will turn Sass and Jess into valuable assets.) Why you guys are so distant, IDK...
@Der Eine Damon hurting any of his crew for the hell of it WOULD JEOPARDIZE THE INTEGRITY OF HIS CHARACTER. @The Suspicious Eye...why?
Well thanks *sarcasm intended*

Why what?

Maggie isn't liked by anyone, literally ANYONE, she is super nice. BUUUUUTTTTTTT just because she's rich and has a family she's the odd one out. I'm just writing how she would react to such hateful treatment and the personality trait she was given. I could have made a really nice princess, but if she's going to be treated horribly I'm going to give her a back bone.

@The Suspicious Eye - From what I can recall, you never gave any real positive personality traits in Maggie's personality description, so that's most likely the cause. In fact, you only gave one personality trait, which was self-centeredness. The rest was just her opinion of certain people which isn't much of a personality description. So there was nothing I could take from that that would give Saskia much of a reason to admire her. My character doesn't hate anyone because it's a gang, and gang members need to have at least moderate relationships with each other.

@Freddie - I can try and think of some more suggestions in a little while. c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ktulu said:
@The Suspicious Eye - From what I can recall, you never gave any real positive personality traits in Maggie's personality description, so that's most likely the cause. In fact, you only gave one personality trait, which was self-centeredness. The rest was just her opinion of certain people which isn't much of a personality description. So there was nothing I could take from that that would give Saskia much of a reason to admire her. My character doesn't hate anyone because it's a gang, and gang members need to have at least moderate relationships with each other.
@Freddie - I can try and think of some more suggestions in a little while. c:
Hmm? Oh it's fine she's supposed to be disliked. I really don't mind. Lol, but thanks for your concern. I guess I could edit her personality.

Alrighty I'm going to toss out some plot points here and I need y'all to provide feedback!

Alright so first let's talk about the rival gang- the Mickey D's. (*cue laughter*) So the Mickey D's are more like a traditional gang, but they like to think they're super artsy. Their tagging is alright, and they have a few decent artists, but they're nowhere near as talented as the Arbys. They're much more easily provoked, and like to get info fights. They also try to provoke the Arbys into the most ridiculous stunts and tags.

Alright Mickey D's members are NPCs. There should be as many Mickey D's as Arbys, with the mole playing for both teams. So... I would appreciate it if you designed the NPC for the character who is your characters foil. Nothing fancy- just a name, image and a basic personality description for each, in addition to age and role, maybe their tag name. Paste them in the OOC chat (aka here) and I'll compile them into an NPC tab!

Samantha Spencer

latest

Name: Samantha Spencer

Tag Name: Sam-I-Am

Role: "The Kid"

Personality: Samantha (known as Sam) is sweet and naive. Born to a wealthy family, she fights back against her privileged upbringing through her membership in a gang and the illegal activities that she's involved in. Due to her upbringing, she hadn't really seen any evils of the world before she joined the Mickey D's. Now she's a little more jaded, but still believes in the goodness of people. She refuses to drink/smoke, and often balks at performing illegal tasks. She's the youngest member of the Mickey D's, so most of their members let such hesitations slide- they know she'll be corrupted enough soon.

The Mickey D's can be identified through the tattoo that all members have, located right behind the ear. Yes, it hurts like a bitch to get. They consider it initiation.

cancer-crab-tattoo-that-i-m-thinking-about-getting-1392427159k48gn.jpg

If you want to know why this is their tattoo- Mickey D's can be abbreviated as MD, MD is the abbreviation for Maryland, and Maryland is known for their crabs.

The Arbys also have a tattoo the former members had, and they should probably bring it back. This tattoo is of a paintbrush, and is drawn on the middle finger of the dominant hand. The end of the paintbrush varies by person, as their signature color is the color of the paint on the brush. A possible plot point is the members getting this tattoo.

857f7fda8e46e4660c5613886bdd0b10.jpg

Alright now that we've got that out of the way, it's time for the potential plot points!

So far we have:

~Jessa tags the school building

~The Mickey D's force the Arbys to take up arms and physically fight (over what? Ideas welcome)

~Saskia does something really risky, and Damon considers kicking her out

~Shayne and Damon get into a complicated situation (perhaps involving the reveal of the mole)

Feel free to keep suggesting! I'll also throw in a few other ideas!

~TATTOOS!

~The Arbys are recruited for a very high profile tagging job

~Someone gets sick

~The school that a few members attend starts to get suspicious

~Someone runs away from home (one of the members that still lives with parents)

~Paint-off with Mickey D's and other gangs

Anyways, keep adding/commenting and we'll piece together a plot from that!

TL;DR:

1. You are responsible for creating the NPC Mickey D's memeber who is your character's foil. See template involved.

2. There's a ton of ideas- comment on them and suggest others.

AlwaysYours said:
I'm guessing Damon already had this Tattoo? lol.
Your choice as to whether he does or doesn't- part of it is history- was he part of the original group of members? Or did he join later but he's about as original as you get now?

I can see Alexander running away. He's already sick of his house and as long as he can still go to school after running so he can play football he'd totally do it.

Well, if we are going to come up with a solid idea as to what the Arbys and the opposing gang could fight over, we need to figure out what the Arbys believe in/signify/are all about. That way, anyone that opposes this firm belief of theirs would cause some friction, and could be a good starting point for hostile relationships with other gangs.

That's one thing I noticed the overview lacked. Sure, alright - they're a group of art enthusiasts and misfits. But what makes them the toughest and meanest gang on the streets? They must have some sort of view or aspiration that they all want to get across in their own way through creative expression, and made them group together in the first place.

So, just a thought.

For Damon(and myself), this gang represents the change that a person can be. Because, believe me, it wasn't all about peaceand ink when he joined. Being a part of the Arby's used to mean something more gruesome than what it does now. He wants to see the new kids take their life and live it like it means something. The Arby's is a place of freedom, without being the cookie cutter print outs that society handles in bulk with the mind's of today's youth. Where the princess and the basket case stand on the same ground. The Arby's is protection in any way, shape or form. You need a place to crash. Grimes has an apartment lined up for you. Work to keep it. You just found out you're pregnant and the dad wants to run. Grimes'll have a word with the loser. You want to run away. Run to him, or anyone else in the gang. Don't think of what you owe them, think of what you owe yourself.

In esscence, the crew is not just a gang of wiuse-crackin' taggers: We're family.

Freedom is a bit of a broad one to work with in terms of thinking of ideas that would lead to friction between gangs, though. I think all of what you've said sounds wonderful and certainly sets the tone for what kind of gang this is, but we also need something simple that every Arbys member works for on a regular basis that another gang could interrupt. We can't really have another gang working with like a slave trade, which would kind of embody the opposite of freedom. xD

Maybe my mind is just foggy at the moment from tiredness, but I'm struggling to think of an idea.

Okay, how about - how do the Arbys make their cash? They couldn't all afford to buy cans upon cans of spray paint, and Damon has to get the money to fund apartments somehow. Unless they all had jobs, but, that's a bit boring. I don't remember if you had something stated within Damon's history about income and stuff, so feel free to correct me.

Now, this is a complete and utter example, so don't take it literally. But if their line of income involved say, a drug trade of some kind, then that would be an easy one to come up with action between gangs for. However since I think Damon was against the whole extreme drug use, we'd obviously have to pick something else.

Oh...you mean a linear goal, at the end of the tunnel? Well, if this is anything like "The Breakfast Club", wouldn't that be up to the player. Which will probably lead to laggy writing, if experience is anything to base my assessment from. Maybe there is some sort of underground tournament That Damon has withheld his crew from going to? It would certainly give meaning to the Mole, not to mention create friction if everyone tries pushing him into doing it. Plus, it gives me backstory for explaining why Damon won't allow it.

I know it's cliche, but sometimes the oldies work.

Wait I have a question: in terms of illegal things, where does Damon draw the line? Because, in my mind, its a little silly and unrealistic to have a gang who just does graffiti, it's not much of a gang, y'know. I kinda thought that he did the thing where he did illegal things to keep the Arbys going, but discouraged the members from doing any of those things. Sorry, I'm being really vague: DRUGS.

Damon may or may not condone the pushing of mary j...or some con-work. Do what you gotta do. Just don't get caught.

Name: Jackson Gray

Tag Name: Sylver

Role: ???

Personality: He's the child of his parents friend's who he's currently staying with, and the reason how Shayne got into Mickey D's. I'm not done.

This is what happens when notifications don't work T^T you miss out on stuff.

The Mickey D's force the Arbys to take up arms and physically fight, why me obviously (kidding)

Maybe the Mickey D's have a grudge on one of the members.

Mickey D's might actually want to recruit a member of the Arby's

Kidnapping of a character who has pissed them off.

A previous member of the Arby's may now be with the Mickey D's.

Shayne hacking into the school's system or someplace

Possibility of him moving once his parents come back, or forced to leave Arby's once his parents find out he's in a gang

Getting caught by the police

idk.

So the premise of the Arbys for me was that it was a group of misfits that somehow formed a family, and the common uniting factor was their ability to produce awesome graffiti.

At least for Jessa, the gang represents security. It's the closest damn thing to a family that she's ever had, and she'll protect every member till the end.

So along those lines, something like the Mickey D's planting a mole to destroy the gang is the ultimate sin. She hates that they want to see the end of the Arbys.

Also, if we want to look at old school plotlines- the original crews of both gangs got into it, and in the kerfuffle a member of the Mickey D's was killed. And that started a feud.

Drug economy would make sense, and not only would the art be aesthetic but it would also serve a purpose- a code of symbols letting people know where the good stuff is.

So internal tension would be if someone stole some of the merchandise.

External tension could be the MD's screwing with the merchandise, stealing customers, covering art, etc.

Alright so it's become clear to me that there needs to be a little more organization here or else I'll go insane. So here's a form- fill it out. We'll piece together a plot from this.

1. What is one thing you'd like to see in this roleplay which focuses on
your character?

2. What is one thing you'd like to see in this roleplay which pertains to the entire group?

3. What do you think the Arbys stand for?

4. What do you think should be the inciting incident that caused tension between the Arbys and the Mickey D's?

5. What do you think should be the event(s) that caused this feud to continue?

6. What is your character's foil in the Mickey D's? Include name, age, tag name, role, and basic personality description, please!

1. What is one thing you'd like to see in this roleplay which focuses on your character?

~I'd like to see Jessa get frustrated with having to attend school, and start tagging the building.

~I'd like to see Jessa get close enough to Shayne (@AlwaysYours) to help sort that out. Maybe he changes sides, or maybe he just pretends to. Of course this would have to be agreed upon by more than just me, but it's something I mentioned in my pre-rp character relationship planning.

~I'd like to see Jessa come home drunk because she was trying to blend in at school, and ended up at a party that gets busted.

2. What is one thing you'd like to see in this roleplay which pertains to the entire group?

~The tattoos. I want them to get gang tattoos.

~An art-off with the Mickey D's.

3. What do you think the Arbys stand for?

For Jessa, the Arbys stand for family. They're the closest thing she's ever had to a family, and she'll kill anyone who tries to tear them apart. They also represent friendship and acceptance. They represent art and freedom.

4. What do you think should be the inciting incident that caused tension between the Arbys and the Mickey D's?

A possible inciting incident could have gone back to the way early days, where one group screwed with another in some way, shape, or form. Maybe they stole the others' "merchandise" or maybe a member was injured following an argument/fight between the two groups, and they swore to hate each other/avenge the injured person.

5. What do you think should be the event(s) that caused this feud to continue?

I just totally see the Mickey D's as being so cocky that the Arby's can't stand them. Also they totally still screw with the Arbys' "merchandise."

6. What is your character's foil in the Mickey D's? Include name, age, tag name, role, and basic personality description, please!

Samantha Spencer

latest

Name: Samantha Spencer

Tag Name: Sam-I-Am

Role: "The Kid"

Personality: Samantha (known as Sam) is sweet and naive. Born to a wealthy family, she fights back against her privileged upbringing through her membership in a gang and the illegal activities that she's involved in. Due to her upbringing, she hadn't really seen any evils of the world before she joined the Mickey D's. Now she's a little more jaded, but still believes in the goodness of people. She refuses to drink/smoke, and often balks at performing illegal tasks. She's the youngest member of the Mickey D's, so most of their members let such hesitations slide- they know she'll be corrupted enough soon.

I super want to get the IC Roleplaying part of the roleplay going ASAP, but I find a lot of times that just character driven roleplays are quick to fail, and having a plot helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back