• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Amazingly Misguided Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Azri-Shi - Deeply Confused -

"I only know what the shadow man told me, okay? I'm just saying what he said." Azri-Shi was really confused, hadn't they met the shadow man? He was pretty noticeable, and he was the guy giving out the invitation to the party. They couldn't have missed him. Right? "I know bats aren't usually aggressive, one of my god-children married a bat rancher." Azri-Shi tried to point out, feeling really confused and like no one was understanding what he was trying to say, "That's why we were sent out here."

"We were sent out to eliminate whatever is agitating the bats, and not to destroy the cave, avoid any unnecessary damage, that means fire Azri" jameson looks him dead in the eyes

“Guys, don’t you think whatever is agitating the bats could, well, y’know, still be there deep in this cave? If we don’t keep our voices down, we are going to agitate IT and our situation is going to be a lot more difficult,” Faye said, lowering her voice.
“I think we should move forward, quietly, and figure out what on earth is causing all this. If we need to slay something today, I’d rather not be caught off guard.”

Azri-Shi - Unbearably Irritated -

"You don't understand! He said it was the bats-!" Azri-Shi raised his voice, getting frustrated that no one was understanding him. "Am I speaking in a foreign language?! Faye, not you too...?" It was starting to become clear that he wasn't getting his point across for some reason. His party was probably just stupid. Idiots! All of them! He could do it better himself with the lava golem! He was really upset, and crossed his arms clearly upset. Oh well, when push came to shove he'd still use fire. They just didn't have to know about it.​

Jameson nods and lowers his voice "agreed, Ivan can you scout ahead, dont get more than one turn ahead of us though"

“Azi, if it’s supposed to be the bats, don’t you think they’d have attacked us by now?” Faye said, but also a little saddened that her friend was frustrated. Maybe she missed something? Maybe she just didn’t pay attention to the quest at hand?
“I believe you, Azi. Couldn’t you agree that this situation is a little odd, though? That they aren’t attacking? Let’s figure this out together.”

Ivan nodded at Jameson, "Keep the fire duo under wraps, I don't wanna hear explosions." he tightened his mask and opened his left hand, getting his daggers ready to be used whenever need be. "If you need me.... uhh, don't call out, just catch up, trust I haven't died." Ivan crouched down and started to advance ahead of the group, even when Ivan was next to the party they couldn't hear his footsteps, now that he is concealed in the shadows it was like he vanished in thin air.

Buxton heard “scout ahead” and nodded, turning and trudding further into the cave. WHile they were very good at following directions, sometimes they had a hard time picking out which ones were directed at theirself, especially when they werent bound to anyone. Eventually Bux started to wandering into the fallen guano, and they only paused to look down at the ground to see what caused a change in texture; they grumbled in disgust at the mud on their feet. They looked over as they saw Ivan disappear ahead of them just for a second, then decided to run- clunk- after him into the cave.

Azri-Shi - City Boy -

"I don't know!!" Azri-Shi screamed. It echoed throughout the cave, but soon it was returned by an exact copy of Azri-Shi's voice screaming "I don't know!!" deeper in the cave. His head jerked to stare in the direction it came from, surprised to hear his own whiny voice echoing throughout the cave. "Do I really sound that whiny?" He asked himself, trying to listen for his own voice. Sometimes he wished demon puberty couldn't come fast enough. Ironically, it was in the exact same direction Buxton and Ivan were going.​

“Oh, god,” Faye whispered, pulling an arrow out of her knapsack, ready to fight anything and everything. They didn’t have a plan. They didn’t have anything. They just had teammates that could never agree on anything. She closed her eyes and hoped for the best, opening them back up to ready herself. Her fear escalated as Azi’s voice echoed throughout the cave.

Jamesons head jerks towards Azri and in a harsh hushed tone "that is it, if you wont be silent" he mutters under his breath and suddenly Azri cant seem to form words, not due inability to speak properly, but due to the fact that he is making no sounds at all

Buxton stopped in their tracks, and their slightly illuminated form stumbled before turning and clunking back towards Jameson. Buxton slowed and then stood near Jameson, their eyes blinking at him

PLOT

Soon the whiny voice of Azri-Shi stopped echoing throughout the cave, but it was too late. The bats covering the ceiling all opened their eyes, and they looked pissed. They all suddenly swarmed the party- surrounding them in a veil of black beating wings and strong winds. They each attempted to take their bites out of the party, if they did nothing- they'd become the bat guapo export Rayorca was known best for.​

Faye reluctantly covered her eyes, wanting so badly to start firing arrows at things. She wouldn’t deny it though, Jameson was probably the best leader they were going to get.

Buxton dimmed when told, but only looked at Jameson when told to flash. Slowly, their light increased and the environment because very hot. Buxton couldn’t necessarily flash but their heat increased and as a side effect their illumination was that of.. well, a pile of boiling lava rocks now. Jameson did probably get very hot next to Bux.

“Only lava.” Buxton explained, looking around at the ones that prepared for a sudden flash of light.

Azri-Shi - Flavor Text about Going Blind

Azri-Shi gave Jameson the finger while covering his eyes. He hated Jerkson, and he was the one who didn't want him using fire magic! What a hypocrite! He absolutely loathed Jamesons guts, and he was not going to hide it when they were out of there. He would've been more vocal about it now but- When he tried no sound came out. He even tried cursing Jameson out. Then saying the naughty words.​

"Damn" Jameson grunts as the bats batter him (pun intended) "Azri, create the brightest flame you can, dont shoot it off, wait for my go"

Ivan was way ahead of the group by the time the bats had been awoken, Ivan knew he was in a bad spot when they leaped from the position and started to surround him, his allies weren't with him so he attempted to tear them off, wailing his left arm around hitting some bats with the spikes on his palm, "Get off me rodent!" He called out, Bruxton's light or lava didn't seem to have an affect on the bats this deep in, Ivan was on his own as he continued to tear and fight them off.

Azri-Shi - A Little Contrarian -

"No." Azri-Shi spoke very plainly. He refused to take orders from anyone normally- let alone a massive hypocrite! He would've done it on his own, but now he couldn't care less. He's rather become bat guano then let Jerkson win! He did what he wanted and Jerkson wasn't going to get in the way of that. He may have gotten everyone else, but he'd completely failed to win over Azri-Shi. Instead, Azri-Shi just gave him the finger and started swinging his staff at the bats.
He wasn't not going to try to fight, that'd just be stupid. He just wasn't going to do it the way Jerkson wanted.​

Faye opened her eyes, trying to cover herself from the bats. “Azi, please?” She asked kindly. “I’m sorry you weren’t listened to before.” She felt really bad, and stuck. This party was quite dysfunctional, and she didn’t really know where to go from here. Ivan was all alone and she was worried about him, but she was also concerned that there was simply no order in how their mission was going. She didn’t want to die here.

Buxton wasn’t affected by the bats. The bats avoided them because they gave off such immense heat at this point; but if the bats did come close they either caught fire or only scratched Buxtons surface with no bother to the golem.

Buxton wandered over to Azi and held out their palm, where a little pool of lava bubbled. Bux tilted their head in an innocent plead to follow the others’ orders

Azri-Shi - Teenager... -

"Nope. Not gonna work. Not until I hear the magic word- You all know the magic word right? It's just polite. Preferably with cherries!" Azri-Shi was very much implying he wanted Jerkson to say 'please'. He wasn't scared of death, he didn't care. Though the betrayal from his most beloved creature stung, it wasn't the same as the pain from the bats biting at him.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back