• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Amazingly Misguided Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jameson shakes his head "first, fire isnt always a strong answer, from what i understand of the cave it is for farming, not likely to encounter human resistance, but depending on what they were farming fire may not be a good idea, there may be natural gas from manure and such that could catch"

Faye smiled at Azi and nodded, following him.
“Cmon, guys!” She said as she looked back, lightly jogging towards Azi. She pulled her bow from her knapsack to hold and have ready. She was a little embarrassed over how unprofessional she had been this first go around, but she knew she’d prove herself.

"Jameson is right, its unsafe to use fire in caves, especially a cave with manure." Ivan wished he could feel sympathetic about shutting down Azi's aspiration but he was actually quite pleased. He also didn't agree to plan on the way, but each to their own, and convincing them seemed futile, "Whatever, come on Jameson." He called back to him, slowly following Faye and Azi, his dagger's tip pinched into his palm.

"Never worked with bats, don't know how we'd fair going with that." He thought about it, "I trust one of you may know what we could do?" Ivan knew someone here possibly had the insight on how to work with bats and animals of the sorts.

Azri-Shi - Fire Mage! -

Azri-Shi happily skipped along, blissfully ignoring the two who'd implied he couldn't use fire. His only response was setting a nearby bush on fire and continuing along. As he bounced on, he responded "I actually agree with Jerkson. Then we can blow up the entrance of the cave and kill them all in one fell swoop!" Azri-Shi smiled to himself at his own pun.​

Jameson shrugs "i could make an illusory sound to draw them out, id rather not have to fight bats as we move through the cave" (too much experience with zubat)

Buxton had stood at the entrance of the cave and looked inward while this argument was going on. They didn't know how or why they got roped into this mess - and they didn't really have the cognitive ability to think in that manner. They just saw a crowd of people leaving the town and decided to follow.
They turned around during the heat of the bickering and started to approach the trio, threatening to pick up the demon child by the head and physically carry him away from the others, but he jumped away towards the cave too quick for Buxton to grab him.

When using fire to get the bats out of the cave was mentioned, Buxton seemed to nod in understanding and walked towards the mouth of the cave. It conjured up palms drenched in lava, dripping onto Its own feet and the dead grass below. It waited for a command, "Fire?" They asked someone, their face seeming to be directed at Jameson as the others discussed how not to use fire to get the bats out. Buxton turned back to look in the cave and started to walk in, their arms outstretched like Frankenstein's monster, lava dripping onto the ground and illuminating the cave as they went further in.

Buxton nodded as they waddled along further inward. They extended their arms to illuminate the tall and wide walls of the cave. "Volcano guardian, Buxton" Buxton corrected, its voice sounding - kinda like Groot, deep and sort of gravelly (lol) but warm. "Fire?" they asked again, turning outwards fully and looking at the others. The lava was fully dripping down their arms now.

Azri-Shi - OMG -

"I love him. Can I keep him, he's beautiful! Fire! Yes! Fire!!" Azri-Shi grinned psychotically at the golem as it walked in. Azri-Shi didn't waste any time and immediately started following it, completely enraptured with it's beauty. It's fire, it's oozing magma, it's radiating heat. It was Azri-Shi's dream creature! He couldn't help but stare with the most loving gaze and follow like a duck follows it's mother. "Fire!" Azri-Shi found himself repeating, with as much high-pitched excitement as a child could muster.​

"oh..." Buxton's lava arms dripped away the remaining lava onto the ground - leaving puddles- before they begun to wander further into the cave, their stone feet clacking and echoing

Ivan was left speechless as Azi lit a bush on fire so carelessly but it wasn't until the man of rock showed up was when he really was confused, that also seemed to have the same love for fire as Azi, "Hey guys maybe we shouldn't just storm the cave." He said to them but it seems his worries fell onto deaf ears, as the rock abomination shortly followed by the over joyous kid spewing about fire, "Listen to Jameson you idiots, if you use fire you could possibly kill us all for crying out loud!" he again didn't want to die today, especially not for such a shitty mission. "Let's take a moment to step back, and think about a way to do this, like how jameson suggested, without fire." Ivan had almost lost his cool, mainly because this little shit and his rock pet seemed to be the craziest pyromaniacs here, which also put everyone's life in danger, "Faye, please tell him." He knew Azi wouldn't listen to him, but maybe Faye would have an easier time getting simply shit through this kids head.

Faye stood with the rest of the group, paying no attention to the fire situation.
“In my kingdom,” she began. “We used to house bats to help with the farm. They’d feed on mosquitos and keep our crops safe. We kept them in bat houses, but only a few at a time. I can’t imagine how we’d deal with this many in such a way.” She said, thinking harder.

Azri-Shi - FIRE -
"Fire!! Fire!!" Azri-Shi repeated, grinning like a mad-man. Or, well, mad-child. He pouted in disappointment when the lava guardian didn't fire everything. "I wanted fire..." Azri-Shi's shoulders slumped as he sadly continued to follow the new lava man like he was a duckling following his mother. He still was utterly enraptured with the creature, but now he was depressed he couldn't see the fire in action. He wanted fire! Fire was fun. He didn't even feel like listening to Faye talk, instead, he just followed the new guardian of fire.​

Last edited:
Ivan slowly leaned over to Jameson and Faye and whispered, "If this kid so much as happens to light a spark, I'll be showing him my daggers." He opened his left palm to them, revealing his weird knife like object, the blades pointed into his skin when he made a fist, it was a weird device but an effective one, "So any objections on stopping us from dying?" he made sure he whispered quiet enough so Ari couldn't hear them.

GirlyGamer1031 GirlyGamer1031 Shindoku Shindoku

Buxton created an aura of red light as It walked further into the dark cave, then stopped when It noticed Azri-Shi, "the child follows," they said, turning to look at it. They stood for a couple seconds and the lava specks of his eyes blinked. Buxton pointed upwards to the roof where the ceiling of the cave was coated in bats, "wings similar to yours?" As Buxton pointed upward, their light shone up as well, showing the bats to everyone in and out the cave; the bats flickered and squeaked in annoyance of the new light source

"No no no, not kill." He also shook his head, "Threaten him, just like how he is basically threatening us with blowing this God forsaken cave to kingdom come, but continue with your plan, mine can be.... plan b?""

Azri-Shi - Depressed Boi

"We kill bats 'cause they're aggressive, right? But they're deeper in the cave, where the actual farm set-up stuff is. I mean- the entire point is to kill things, right?" Azri-Shi responded depressedly. As Buxton pointed out his wings, Azri-Shi pouted and held up one of his then shook his head. "These are pretty much useless." He dropped it back back onto his back while pouting.
Azri-Shi then thought for a moment before having a realization.
"Hey guys- Isn't the entire point of the quest to kill the bats because they're aggressive?
Why is nothing attacking us? I mean, some of them must've trickled into here and we've been causing a commotion. We should be noticed by now. "

"Likely because we weren't sent to kill bats, we were sent to clear a bat guano farm, who knows what could be there"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back