• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Alchemist and The Herbalist

Selitia

The Lone Wolf
A Rose Colored Moon

What Happens
A sleeping curse runs wild in a land of magic and mysteries. 125 years ago the king of Raleck, born of dragon blood was poisoned on his 45th birthday. Dragons hold the highest role in any kingdom court, they are of noble blood. The people of Raleck fell into a fury of chaos and misery as they thought their king lay dying in his chambers. Slowly the king's health deteriorated, his brilliant blue eyes losing their shine, his power dwindling as they dulled. No one noticed the faint gray that took place of the blue as his breaths became labored and his body weakened.

The king was not on death's bed he was changing, morphing into something wicked, something that would ruin the life of every kingdom. He made a miraculous recovery as the townspeople called it. His body regained strength and color, his breath stabilized but, when he woke up his eyes showed a murky grey, not even a sliver of the glory they once held. The attendants of the castle thought it was odd but never questioned it further than simple questions. They were relieved their beloved king was well once again. He acted a bit odd but that was expected when one faced a near-death experience, just not out of character enough for anyone to really question him. For his people had no idea that their beloved king was now a puppet.

Days after his recovery he called for a gathering of all his people inviting nobles of every kingdom to celebrate with him. Servants ran through hallways fixing and putting up decorations as the nobles of Raleck pampered themselves to perfection. None would know the tragedy that would befall them. A "simple" dance it was meant to be but, a simple dance was far from what was put on. The kingdoms had not seen an event so grand in a century.

Once the clock stroke to the last hour glimpse of light, the king let his mighty form show, a massive dragon with shimmering grey scales, where once brilliant blue scales adorned his body. That is when panic flew through the people of every kingdom. There was something wrong and everyone knew it. As the king's mighty wings beat through the air shimmering purple mist sprayed through the air. With a powerful roar, the mist filled the ballroom and quickly flew through the air consuming every room in the palace. At first, the people felt no different, their concern and confusion palpable in the thick purple air. Slowly almost one by one humans fell to the ground and magical species lost connection to their power. The magic of the king seemed to of changed and morphed some creatures of the wild into horrible beasts and monsters. Alarm filled the room to the brim as people checked on the fallen. None were dead only asleep. They lay in an unwakeable slumber.

Since that day the king ruled through fear and power anyone choosing to serve him for life gained power given to them by the king. The people who did not join him lived as humans once did, they had to learn how to survive all over again. Their only salvation hung on a magic a person once called crazy named science. But what could a person who was ridiculed and laughed at do?
Lore/Info

Any mythical or magic creature is in this world, the magic and nonmagic are separated by a border set in place by ancient dragons.

In this alchemy is not true magic, people believe it is transformation magic though.

The supplies is plenty for that kind of work but no one believed something could be changed without real magic.

The world for the magical is like the dark age once again. They did not hold the same mechanical intelligence as humans as they did not ever have to use it. Life has reverted back to old ways where people actively hunted. The social hierarchy also went back in time to a time where gender mattered and money meant nothing.

The curse puts humans to sleep and suppresses the magic within mythical creatures. Their magic lays there asleep waiting to be awoken.

Fast forward 50 years in the future where some people have formed villages and some form of small government. This rp will start in a small village within the kingdom of Raleck where the curse is weakened and more powerful species may feel very small aspects of their magic (heightened sense, strength, increased intelligence).

Magic plant life still runs wild and people have tried to cultivate it only having small successes.

I am hoping for this to be an enemy-to-lovers kind of vibe where two people with similar but different talents work to find a cure to the endless sleep while setting the king and his beasts off their scent.

I will reveal who the king is a puppet to in the rp, that is something else they must find out. I would like to play the herbalist which is a female character. I do not care about the gender of the alchemist my character does not care for gender. I will reveal my character if someone shows interest so as to not have their character used to mind. (at least personality-wise)
Rules

~Please don't curse like crazy

~Please write at least 1 to 2 paragraphs I understand If you just can't because there is not enough interaction yet

~Please tell me if you are going to leave or are losing interest I will try to do the same

Character Sheet
Appearance:
Race:
personality:

Mobile version
What Happens
A sleeping curse runs wild in a land of magic and mysteries. 125 years ago the king of Raleck, born of dragon blood was poisoned on his 45th birthday. Dragons hold the highest role in any kingdom court, they are of noble blood. The people of Raleck fell into a fury of chaos and misery as they thought their king lay dying in his chambers. Slowly the king's health deteriorated, his brilliant blue eyes losing their shine, his power dwindling as they dulled. No one noticed the faint gray that took place of the blue as his breaths became labored and his body weakened.

The king was not on death's bed he was changing, morphing into something wicked, something that would ruin the life of every kingdom. He made a miraculous recovery as the townspeople called it. His body regained strength and color, his breath stabilized but, when he woke up his eyes showed a murky grey, not even a sliver of the glory they once held. The attendants of the castle thought it was odd but never questioned it further than simple questions. They were relieved their beloved king was well once again. He acted a bit odd but that was expected when one faced a near-death experience, just not out of character enough for anyone to really question him. For his people had no idea that their beloved king was now a puppet.

Days after his recovery he called for a gathering of all his people inviting nobles of every kingdom to celebrate with him. Servants ran through hallways fixing and putting up decorations as the nobles of Raleck pampered themselves to perfection. None would know the tragedy that would befall them. A "simple" dance it was meant to be but, a simple dance was far from what was put on. The kingdoms had not seen an event so grand in a century.

Once the clock stroke to the last hour glimpse of light, the king let his mighty form show, a massive dragon with shimmering grey scales, where once brilliant blue scales adorned his body. That is when panic flew through the people of every kingdom. There was something wrong and everyone knew it. As the king's mighty wings beat through the air shimmering purple mist sprayed through the air. With a powerful roar, the mist filled the ballroom and quickly flew through the air consuming every room in the palace. At first, the people felt no different, their concern and confusion palpable in the thick purple air. Slowly almost one by one humans fell to the ground and magical species lost connection to their power. The magic of the king seemed to of changed and morphed some creatures of the wild into horrible beasts and monsters. Alarm filled the room to the brim as people checked on the fallen. None were dead only asleep. They lay in an unwakeable slumber.

Since that day the king ruled through fear and power anyone choosing to serve him for life gained power given to them by the king. The people who did not join him lived as humans once did, they had to learn how to survive all over again. Their only salvation hung on a magic a person once called crazy named science. But what could a person who was ridiculed and laughed at do?
Lore/Info

Any mythical or magic creature is in this world, the magic and nonmagic are separated by a border set in place by ancient dragons.

In this alchemy is not true magic, people believe it is transformation magic though.

The supplies is plenty for that kind of work but no one believed something could be changed without real magic.

The world for the magical is like the dark age once again. They did not hold the same mechanical intelligence as humans as they did not ever have to use it. Life has reverted back to old ways where people actively hunted. The social hierarchy also went back in time to a time where gender mattered and money meant nothing.

The curse puts humans to sleep and suppresses the magic within mythical creatures. Their magic lays there asleep waiting to be awoken.

Fast forward 50 years in the future where some people have formed villages and some form of small government. This rp will start in a small village within the kingdom of Raleck where the curse is weakened and more powerful species may feel very small aspects of their magic (heightened sense, strength, increased intelligence).

Magic plant life still runs wild and people have tried to cultivate it only having small successes.

I am hoping for this to be an enemy-to-lovers kind of vibe where two people with similar but different talents work to find a cure to the endless sleep while setting the king and his beasts off their scent.

I will reveal who the king is a puppet to in the rp, that is something else they must find out. I would like to play the herbalist which is a female character. I do not care about the gender of the alchemist my character does not care for gender. I will reveal my character if someone shows interest so as to not have their character used to mind. (at least personality-wise)
Rules

~Please don't curse like crazy

~Please write at least 1 to 2 paragraphs I understand If you just can't because there is not enough interaction yet

~Please tell me if you are going to leave or are losing interest I will try to do the same

Character Sheet
Appearance:
Race:
personality:
[/color][/font]

Last edited:
Requesting mobile friendly version, please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back