• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The 5 senses

What do you think the main categories of the rp should be?

• Historical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realistic

• Alternative Universe

• Multiverse

• Total voters

Thrushwing

Manic potato
Hi so I used to have this idea for an rp (my memory is a little foggy though). I don't know exactly where I'm going with this story but essentially it involves the 5 senses (or 6 senses if you want to include that sixth sense). I'm open to more plot ideas. Note: this idea is in the beginning stages so I don't know exactly where to go with this. So far I have it down a few choices (but I would love to hear more):

a) 5-6 people are deprived of one sense in the real world and in the supernatural one the sense they're missing is elevated/ or the only sense they truly have in the supernatural realm (like an alternative universe on top of the real world with demons possibly.. idk)

b) 5-6 people have a weakened single sense in real world. And the rest is the same as above

c) The 5-6 people are not weakened in any way but only have a single sense they specialize in the supernatural realm

Like I said it's a half baked idea and I don't know who'd be interested but if you have plot points (please - it needs help) don't be shy! Shout them out!

This concept seems cool!

I am slightly concerned about whoever gets the speciality of hearing if A. is what is used, as that makes rping a bit harder. I suppose they could read lips but that's a bit unrealistic, as deaf people often say that it's rather difficult to learn and inaccurate readings are common. But this is a supernatural setting so minor things like that could ignored if you really wish A. be used

Then I'm wondering how advanced or useful these abilities could be. Like we'd need to come up with how taste could be useful against whatever is in the supernatural world, whether it be demons or whatever. I have some ideas buuut they don't have anything to do with a supernatural alternate world and fighting demons, rather they have to do with use in the real world for non-combat purposes for a good chunk of them

I like your idea! But I'm wondering if an alternate world is really needed, as again, I'm not sure how someone with the hearing or taste speciality would be useful against demons. For example, instead of needing to be in this world, they may have to perform a ritual or tap into some form of energy, just to list a few examples off the top of my head. My main concerns are with fighting monsters though, so if we could incorporate the world without them fighting monsters or come up with a way for each person to be equally useful against them, than I think it would work just fine. Again, I do have other ideas for a plot/world setting but I wanna be respectful and would love to hear some more of your thoughts!

In any case, I'd love to be involved with this RP!

This concept seems cool!

I am slightly concerned about whoever gets the speciality of hearing if A. is what is used, as that makes rping a bit harder. I suppose they could read lips but that's a bit unrealistic, as deaf people often say that it's rather difficult to learn and inaccurate readings are common. But this is a supernatural setting so minor things like that could ignored if you really wish A. be used

Then I'm wondering how advanced or useful these abilities could be. Like we'd need to come up with how taste could be useful against whatever is in the supernatural world, whether it be demons or whatever. I have some ideas buuut they don't have anything to do with a supernatural alternate world and fighting demons, rather they have to do with use in the real world for non-combat purposes for a good chunk of them

I like your idea! But I'm wondering if an alternate world is really needed, as again, I'm not sure how someone with the hearing or taste speciality would be useful against demons. For example, instead of needing to be in this world, they may have to perform a ritual or tap into some form of energy, just to list a few examples off the top of my head. My main concerns are with fighting monsters though, so if we could incorporate the world without them fighting monsters or come up with a way for each person to be equally useful against them, than I think it would work just fine. Again, I do have other ideas for a plot/world setting but I wanna be respectful and would love to hear some more of your thoughts!

In any case, I'd love to be involved with this RP!
YES! Tell me more about your realistic plots! I want to hear them! 😊 It's definitely not set in stone and I was wondering how it would work. And yeah I haven't thought about taste too much 😰 So would the realistic plot be drama or adventure? BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

YES! Tell me more about your realistic plots! I want to hear them! It's definitely not set in stone and I was wondering how it would work. And yeah I haven't thought about taste too much 😰

Well, I wouldn't call it "Realistic", just that it would mostly take place in a world like our own with the exception of the abilities. I was thinking drama, like maybe this could be a mystery story and our characters (btw we need a team name, I don't make the rules lmao) would come together to try and solve it. Whether the mystery is supernatural or realistic in nature is up in the air still. Could still be combat at the climax but again, up in the air for now

Some taste power ideas I have would be Consumptive Learning (being able to learn anything about a subject by consuming it, whether it be food, flesh, or object) or Food Empathy (a user being able to put memories, emotions, or even illness/sleepiness into food that a consumer of said food would experience), or just straight up Food Empowerment (being empowered by food). I'm wondering what ideas you had for the other senses though, as having a good comparison of how powerful these individuals would be could be helpful in coming up with a power set for those with the more obscure senses

Well, I wouldn't call it "Realistic", just that it would mostly take place in a world like our own with the exception of the abilities. I was thinking drama, like maybe this could be a mystery story and our characters (btw we need a team name, I don't make the rules lmao) would come together to try and solve it. Whether the mystery is supernatural or realistic in nature is up in the air still. Could still be combat at the climax but again, up in the air for now

Some taste power ideas I have would be Consumptive Learning (being able to learn anything about a subject by consuming it, whether it be food, flesh, or object) or Food Empathy (a user being able to put memories, emotions, or even illness/sleepiness into food that a consumer of said food would experience), or just straight up Food Empowerment (being empowered by food). I'm wondering what ideas you had for the other senses though, as having a good comparison of how powerful these individuals would be could be helpful in coming up with a power set for those with the more obscure senses

so I had several thoughts on what we could do for the senses.

We could have more than 5-6 people (but we'd need at least 5 people min.) and if there was more than 5-6 people they could control smaller aspects of the sense. For instance the sixth sense could be tied to luck or led based on emotions with the gut feeling leading. It could definitely be an emotional sense. Sight could be linked to the third eye in a sense so sensing spiritual beings, or spiritual power. They could see the life force, or possibly the future. Scent has the ability for the past as scents are linked to memories. They can bring back nostalgia or possibly be able be a really good supernatural tracker. I like the idea for taste. Touch maybe they could imbue objects with spiritual power?

I like the idea of having it set in the modern world. I like that a lot. How do you feel about demons? Or something in the realm that is evil and oppressive? I definitely think drama would be interesting although mystery would be more difficult to come up with a plot for. I think a prophecy might be able to help too.

Which idea for taste? I listed multiple so just wondering. To be fair it's 3 am and I could be reading that wrong tbh. I'm thinking Food Empathy or Consumptive Learning would work with those listed powers

Depends on the kinds of demons, I'd say, as buff demons probably wouldn't work with powers that aren't all that combative, but mind-bending trickster demons I could see working possibly. I'm down with something being evil or oppressive though, so long as there's a reason that makes sense for it. Maybe they are uncovering a satanic conspiracy, dig a little too deep, each lose one of their senses, but discover their powers and how to activate them somehow, and then they must work towards achieving a goal, whether it be vanquishing evil or regaining their senses again

And I mean, technically we could have people who play multiple characters if we're really struggling with filling spots, but I don't think we will? Especially if we really develop this plot/setting and make it pretty

Which idea for taste? I listed multiple so just wondering. To be fair it's 3 am and I could be reading that wrong tbh. I'm thinking Food Empathy or Consumptive Learning would work with those listed powers

Depends on the kinds of demons, I'd say, as buff demons probably wouldn't work with powers that aren't all that combative, but mind-bending trickster demons I could see working possibly. I'm down with something being evil or oppressive though, so long as there's a reason that makes sense for it. Maybe they are uncovering a satanic conspiracy, dig a little too deep, each lose one of their senses, but discover their powers and how to activate them somehow, and then they must work towards achieving a goal, whether it be vanquishing evil or regaining their senses again

And I mean, technically we could have people who play multiple characters if we're really struggling with filling spots, but I don't think we will? Especially if we really develop this plot/setting and make it pretty
I was thinking either but leaning more towards oppressive learning. Yeah that'd be awesome! Maybe they were doing magic and they lost one of their senses trying to uncover a demonic conspiracy. I like the idea of them vanquishing evil. Maybe a series of strung out murders of people dying? Maybe magic has mostly disappeared from the world except for their small range of powers and only demons have small powers too but they're highly intelligent and they're responsible for taking away magic? Idk I just came up with that idea. It's really not set in stone. Personally I think I like the idea of mystery and vanquishing evil although I'd probably need a bit of help coming up with the plot considering it's mystery and where to go and user input just to make sure the rp doesn't fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back