• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy That Time the Demon Lord Killed Our Party Leader [CLOSED]

A bunch of the gods have pretty specific types of people they champion - like Ayao or Wanga. For the ones who don't have that in their description, does it mean they're less restrictive about their champions or is there an implicit "the champion resembles the god's values" sort of thing?

I just read through the lore and the list of gods and I'm definitely interested! Already have an idea for a character with Wanga as their god.

Oh, wow, this premise really catches my eye, combined with the vast variety of gods and cultures available. Is there room for one more? I'm super keen on making a vessel for Shiva!

If there's any spaces left I'd love to join! Interested in making a hero of Inanna

Last edited:
A bunch of the gods have pretty specific types of people they champion - like Ayao or Wanga. For the ones who don't have that in their description, does it mean they're less restrictive about their champions or is there an implicit "the champion resembles the god's values" sort of thing?
Some gods require very specific traits, while others like Wukong sort of mention something but can be interpretted as you like. For the gods that don't have anything specified in the lore page, the general rule of thumb is that they tend to choose mortals who have something in common with them whether it be their values or skills. However, they're less strict about it than Ayao, Hou Yi, Veritas, etc.

Oh, wow, this premise really catches my eye, combined with the vast variety of gods and cultures available. Is there room for one more? I'm super keen on making a vessel for Shiva!
If there's any spaces left I'd love to join!
Ofc!!! <3

I'd like to stake my claim for Inari Okami as instructed by Nano

Do characters that pick a specific god have to come from a specific city? For example, does a character who has Inari Okami as their patron have to come from Yamato?

Do characters that pick a specific god have to come from a specific city? For example, does a character who has Inari Okami as their patron have to come from Yamato?
Gods will have a tendency to pick from their own country, but it's not strictly necessary no. For example, my character's patron deity is Roman which corresponds with Olrodia but she herself hails from Kalmar (based on Camelot).

I'm torn between an idea for Qin, one for Tiamat, and one for Faunas. I don't supposed any friendly roleplayers here would like to help me decide?

I dunno if we're supposed to be staking claims or just posting fast like Pleb said, but I'd like to call dibs on Inanna.

I dunno if we're supposed to be staking claims or just posting fast like Pleb said, but I'd like to call dibs on Inanna.
Just to clarify for other peeps:
This rp will be first come first serve due to players needing to choose a patron god for their character, so whoever's faster gets their preferred god. There's plenty of gods to choose from though, so don't feel rushed into making a character or anything!
Says so right under part 2 in the interest. However, there's plenty of Gods and ofc, I assume that quality is/would also be an important factor to consider. I guess RPN etiquette to announce if someone is going for a specific role, but it's anything goes.

Just to clarify for other peeps:

Says so right under part 2 in the interest. However, there's plenty of Gods and ofc, I assume that quality is/would also be an important factor to consider. I guess RPN etiquette to announce if someone is going for a specific role, but it's anything goes.
I definitely prefer to know beforehand what roles people are going for (like I am interested in Inanna), so that it's more clear whether I'll end up clashing with others (which I'd rather not do </3) with my character.

Nessi Nessi Nano Nano I have a question! Does Alkebu-lan have a specific real-world cultural counterpart? My guess based on the name is an African culture, but I wanted to check with ye before making further assumptions

yeah pretty much!

Let this be a general announcement about gods, while it is first come first serve, you can absolutely call dibs on something, but someone could still snap up a god if they don't want to respect the dibs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back