• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Telmeere

"Oh, I know, but there's a difference between dealing with the effects of war, and having your city sacked."

I finish my mead and just sit there, contemplating.

Cadenach said:
"Oh, I know, but there's a difference between dealing with the effects of war, and having your city sacked."
I finish my mead and just sit there, contemplating.
((My character said something to you. xD ))

Ladypilot17 said:
((My character said something to you. xD ))
Sorry, I didn't see it. Gimme a sec. 
I regard Ilanea.

"Sure. Got a mood for anything in particular?"

I look at Dara. We've known each other long enough to understand when it's time to drop a particular subject, so I just nod to thank her for the mead.

Ilanea thought for a second. "Play something exotic." She said, taking a gulp of someone's ale. Most people didn't mind. She walked over to corvan, ready to dance. She danced like a gypsy, with her core. (Belly dancing) nobody ever put two and two togetter, plus it attracted customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alright. Gimme a moment."

I get up and go over to the stool near the side wall where I usually play and pull out my instrument from its leather case and begin tuning it.

"Oh no no no." The school teacher shook her head, gently and politely declining his offer. "I cannot let you by me food sir, not when you surely have to pinch pennies yourself. I wiol eat when I get home." It was her final answer, and she looked sickeningly at the spiced wine she had drank, and wished she hadn't. The strong alcohol was slowly taking effect on her sober body, and she was becoming much more tipsy by the moment. "I-I should probably take my leave and go home..."

Adestan was more than a little concerned for Tatiana now. "Where do you live? I'll walk you." He said stubbornly. He would not take no for an answer.

((Ladypilot his ale is gone.))

Anastasia smiles when she sees Corvan set up to play a tune. She loved the bard's music, it made her feel as if she had chosen to be in her position.

~

Tyke shakes his head. 'I still have little desire to do this,' he thinks foggily. The amount of ale he had drunk in such a short amount of tine was getting to him. "I've no desire to be my father, m'lady. Seduce me all you wish, I will not move my views."

~

"Ah, finally, some music!" Eathan exclaims, hearing Corvan begin tuning. "It's about time." He takes a lsrge gulp of mead, turning back to his card game.

Threnna swung her feet off his lap in one swift motion. She sighed, and put her shoes back on. "I figured as much." She says in her natural, Lowtown accent. Then realizing her mistake, she switches back into her accent, saying, "I'm no lady, my lord."

((The number of prostitutes strongly outnumbers the number of people needing a prostitute. O.o ))

"I am no lord. And, to me, if you have lady... er... parts... then you are a lady." Tyke says with a slightly drunken smile. He was slightly disapointed, at least, his more male side was, that she didn't at least keep trying. He wasn't his father, but he was a man, and he did enjoy a pretty maid ecery once in awhile. At least... he thought he would. Tyke had never actually had a lady before, which was the point of his father bringing him to the brothel.

((I didn't know so many people would want to be prostitutes. I thought there would be like, two. Including Threnna. Instead we have an even prostitute to nonprostitute ratio.))

Threnna blushed. No one had ever called her a lady before. She smiled almost shyly back at him. She looked down at her hands then said, "Why don't you buy me a drink, if you don't want to pay me for my services?"

((Prostitutes are interesting and usually have a good backstory. You might want to say that there are no more prostitute slots [heh heh] available. So you don't end up with like 59 whores. [That was supposed to be 50... ]))

Tyke reaches into his coin purse and produces 10 bits. He presses them into Threnna's hand. "Buy what you like. Not my coin, we can spend the whole of it on bread and wine, for all I care." Tyke had his own coin tucked safely away in savings. He was not one to waste. His father's , however... he would waste that all night. "Tell me how you came to work at an establishment such as this, Threnna."

"What else was I to do?" She said, holding her hands up helplessly. "No parents, no money, no place to live. I found a job working down in the docks, but it was only for children. When I outgrew that, I had to start selling myself on the streets. When Dara found me, half beaten to death, I had to accept her offer. I have food here, enough to fill my belly every night. A roof over my head and guaranteed safety. Dara treats us well."

Corvan sets his fingers to the strings. A light plucky melody. One designed to draw the audience's attention for that brief moment before the song starts. Where the notes seem to fall a bit late, but just before that point where the subconscious mind recognizes a mistake. Then they melody sorts itself out, lilting with a slight energy. It falls into place like it was always meant to do it this way and a person's heart and ear should feel silly for ever thinking otherwise. In a low voice, barely above a breathy whisper, Corvan starts to sing...

"The clouds are floating by, my dear...and the lambs are in the fold." His voice starts to rise just a little, gaining a bit of clarity and pitch.

"But I can feel the autumn's breath, my summer surely ending. Twas ended long ago, my dear, when called away you were..."

He lifts his head and sings as though struggling to call out, "I wish you hadn't gone my dear! For I've no one left to hold, and the voice of Winter's child calls, his whispers much too cold."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilanea smiles at the somg he decides to play. She starts to dance, kicking her feet up every once in a while, and moving her hips in a circular motion. She gets a whistle from a man gambling, who she winks at. Ilanea grabes a tambourine and gently pats it to the beat of his song, still dancing.

Singing now in a high broguish sort of way, "Oh call the summer back, My Love! Its time was far to short. Bring me back my happiness, recall the Seelie Court! These hills and rocks crave your warmth, and I confess I do as well, for I have lost my heart and peace in this Fading Summer's swell."

"Don't you hate it, though?" he asked, " working here everynight, selling your body?" Tyke wonders what it wouls be like to be forced to do such a thing, abd he couldn't imagine it.

It was surprisingly easy for Ivory and Rowan to follow Thea. She never glanced over her shoulder, simply hurrying on her way. Reaching the building she had gone into, Rowan hesitated again, glancing up at the name of the place. "I've heard of this place. It isn't very proper."

Ivory have him a funny look before chuckling, "Proper? Rowan, we live in Lowtown. We're not nobles. It doesn't matter." Still laughing, she pushed open the doors and went in, Rowan following closely.

Oh my god. Sorry, i got yours and dawnfire's RPs mixed up. xD sorry!!! 
Wait! No i didn't. God im such a ditz. *~*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back