• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Telmeere

((Night, Ladypilot. I lost. I got the gingerbread card while everyone else was on the other side of the ice cream.)) Threnna started to rub her foot up and down Tyke's leg. "Relax. Really. Have a drink. You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

(Ha. :P ))

He looks over at her foot rubbing his leg. "Ah, then you do not have the pleasure of knowing my father. " The ale was loosening him up a bit, showing in his words.

Threnna giggled. She had, in fact, known his father, more than once. She thought it would be detrimental to the mood to mention that. She really wanted to keep Tyke's attention on her. He was a knight's son and wealthy than most of her clients; and he wasn't twice or three times her age either. She kicked off her slippers and started to inch her foot higher on his leg. "If I am reminding you of your father, than clearly I am not doing my job correctly."

Corvan opened the door and walked into the Prince. He decided to bring his Mandola today. Heading to the bar, he sits down and taps to get the attention of a server. He looks more haggard than normal, a bit tired looking and scruffy. It has been almost a week since he'd been in the Prince.

Dara saw Corvan enter and crossed the room from where she was busing tables. "Corvan! My favorite bard. It's been too long. How are you today?" Dara greeted him sweetly. She bent down to kiss his cheek. In truth, she was more than a little pissed. She thought they had agreed that he'd play for her four nights a week, and she hadn't even seen him in that long. Half her customers were there to see him. At least she only paid him for the nights he played. She was underpaying him at that, ten bits a night plus food and drink. Her eyes were hard as she looked him over. ((I decided Dara wouldn't take that much advantage on Corvan by only paying him in food and drink.))

(Most bards make their coin through tips)

"Hungry and thirsty, Dara. Have anything to help with that?"

((Ten bits is a days worth of food, considering Dara's stew sells for three a bowl.))

"Stew's simmering in the back. Don't ask what's in it." Dara warns, turning and going into the back kitchen. She brings back a bowl and sets it down on the counter, along with a single roll. She bends down and pours out a pitcher, setting it down rather heavily. Some of the amber liquid sloshes out onto the counter. She wipes one of the abandoned mugs that was left on the counter then puts it next to the pitcher. "Where've ya been, these past days?"

I take a draft of whatever sort of ale that was and tuck into the stew.

"Fort Treibban."

"I'm not that good with geography. Is that the one up the river?" Dara asks, wiping the counter down with said dirty rag. "What business did you have at the fort?"

"It's the one near the Luscan border. The Royal Legion and the King's 3rd are currently stationed there. You may have heard. I wanted to find out some things." I finish my soup and pour another mug.

"How have things been here?"

"Desolate without you, darling." Dara says absently, only have her mind on her words. She throws the rag down on the counter, hopping over it to take a seat next to Corvan. "Gavry's father was in the King's 3rd. Or did he say the second? I can't remember, I was otherwise occupied." She laughs, then continues more seriously in a low voice. "What did you find out?"

"Nothing definite. Just that more units are being transferred to that region. The 23rd Scout Dragoons are scheduled to arrive some time this month. That's a dedicated combat unit. Could mean the troubles with the Lascans are worse than we thought."

I soberly drink my beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
((That is the best sentence. 'soberly drink my beer'))

"War would not be good. If the Lascans invade with ships, Valmoor would be the first target. And there has already been inflation. I've been considering raising my prices. To continue operating during wartime... At least soldiors are always in the need of tarts." Dara started to think about all the things she'd need if a war were to start. More guards certainly. She should probably start putting away supplies, beer, ale, wine, liquor. Grain, salt, cheese and other non-perishables for when rationing started. "Could you keep this to yourself? No need worry the girls, or the patrons."

"Do you even need to ask? At this point it's just supposition anyway, but if things escalate, well..."

I drain my mug.

"Got anything else? Maybe something light and earthy? I could use a bit of home right now."

"For you, certainly. Let me see what I've got in the cellar." Dara stood and went in to the cellar. She had something for him up at the bar, but she wanted to take a quick inventory while she had a chance. She stepped around the sleeping children and started to look through the shelves. She thought that The Prince had a good childcare system. The older children watched the youngers, once a week the boys would go to a nearby school, and they had pallets in the cellar so that the children wouldn't have to see their parents at work. She found a cask of something she thought Corvan would like and hauled it upstairs on her shoulder. She filled his mug and returned to her seat beside him. "You were soldier once weren't you?"

I nod and take a sip from the mug. I smile slightly.

"I haven't had a Gwedsidr Mead in a long time. Thanks."

I savor the drink.

"Doesn't seem right not drinkin it in a horn cup, but eh..."

I keep drinking.

"No horn cups, unfortunately. I thought you'd like it better than the nameless swill brewed down the street." Dara laughs again. She lowers her voice again. "Are you worried? About war breaking out?"

I close my eyes to rest them a bit as I take another swig.

"Don't see why I should be. If it does, most of the fighting should be miles away. This city wouldn't have any long-term strategic value to the Lascans, and I'm done with the army..."

"If they take Valmoor, they'd have access to the Glass River. Couldn't they send troops upriver to march on the capitol? If I were a commander, that's what I'd do. But I wasn't talking about the fighting." Dara tells him. "Taxes would be raised, young men would be conscripted. If things get really bad trade would be cut off and they might start rationing. War's bad for everyone, you know. Not just the soldiers."

Anastasia came back out, leaving her client to dress himself. Seeing that Corvan had shown up, she smiles at him, before getting back to work.

~

Tyke smiles. "No, I suppose you aren't." He chuckles and downs the last of his ale.

~

Eathan emerges from Ilaena's private room, tying his trousers. He had a smug look on his face, and he fices his son a wink bedore heading over to do a bit of drinking and gambling.

Ilanea leaned on the door frame, watching the night go. She went back to the room where everyone got dressed so she could fix her makeup and hair. She sat in there for a bit, looking at the two sovereigns she had been awarded. She didnt need to work any more tonight.

((Im gunna be gone pretty much the rest of the day guys, so see you later.)) 
((Actually, i just got a new battery so its all good.)) After Ilanea got fixed up she walked out and noticed corvan had returned from wherever he had been. "Corvan!" She said, the r rolling becuase of her accent. She walked over and put an arm around him. "Corvan, will you play something for me?" She asked sweetly

Threnna was pleased with Tyke's bold move. She took a risk and suggested, "Shall we go to the back? I have a private room. It's very comfortable. I could help you relax even more."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back