• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tell Me the Tales of Old and Those of New

Max raised an eyebrow and gave a small laugh "Is that so? Every King does need his queen." She said with a small reassuring smile "I am sure you will find the right woman Joseph. Don't settle though, settling will only cause you to be miserable." She said seriously as she watched him.

The maesters worked as diligently as they could on Aemond making sure to give him their best care. While they were not trusting of the Targaryen prince, they also did not want to wrath that would insue if they did not properly take care of him.

He smiled and shrugged a little. “Marriage is not guaranteed to include love for me I’m afraid.” He reminded her. “I’m glad others have that choice but I was born into royalty.” He muttered looking up when George entered the room looking stressed. “What is it?” He asked him, taking maxs hand in his without thinknf.

It was a while before Carmen looked down at herself properly, stepping out of the room and going to find Edith to have her help changing into clean clothes that weren’t covered in blood.

Max gave a small smile "This is true, but maybe you will be able to find it." She said softly before George came into the room. She gave his hand a tight squeeze when he informed him of Aemond's return and injury. She quickly let him go once he went to stand frowning softly as George gave her a quick disapproving glance before leaving.

Edith helped Carmen as soon as she asked for it making sure to get her into a better dress "I will make sure to wash this well." She said softly before looking at Carmen "Don't worry ma'am....Prince Aemond is one of the strongest men I have seen, he will make it through. Especially for you." She said softly trying to help her in anyway she could.

He sent him away to go oversee everything then sat down again. “Then we were too late…. I will be busy the next couple days or so but I’d like to see you more.” He told her smiling a little

Carmen just thanked her quietly, going back quickly to wait for news, wringing her hands together impatiently

Max gave a small nod and smiled at him as well "I will be here, if my father survived...I will never be allowed back." She said softly before watching him some "Remember when we used to play Kings and Queens as children? We would always act so obnoxious." She said laughing some

The maesters came out a few hours later lookimg at her and giving a small nod "He has barely made it. We were able to get the spear out, but he has a very long road ahead of him." He said quietly before letting her into the room.

She stepped inside and frowned at the state of him, going to sit by his side and gently took the cloth from the maester attending to him and just took over silently, watching him as she dabbed at his forehead gently.

Joseph smiled tiredly at her and nodded. “We were grossly unaware of what it truly entailed.” He told her quietly

The master maester came over to her and gave a small sigh "We will be making sure to check on him routinely, for now though we want him in this room for the night. If he shows stability tomorrow, then we will have him taken to your chambers." He explained to her.

Max laughed lightly and gave a small nod "Yes we were." She murmured before sipping at her wine again. She gave a small sigh before reaching over and giving his hand a gentle squeeze "I never got to express my condolences to you about your mother and brother....I am truely sorry about them." She said softly beforr taking a deep breath "I just lost my mother recently....sickness took her quite quickly."

She never even looked away from aemond and just nodded, continuing to dab the sweat away, watching his breathing just in case. In the distance she could hear Vaghars occasional bellows.

He frowned. “You didn’t know Henry toward the end. He was mean and he was violent. There’s a reason that the Sanchez girl was betrothed to the Targaryen prince before he died.” He told her

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod "I'm very sorry to hear that." She said quietly watching him a bit "You have been through a lot Joseph, but I know you will be a good king." She murmured to him.

He scoffed a little “Fhats the last I want to hear of it tonight.” He muttered, a little tense now for the rest of the evening until he told her good night and left her quickly to go to his rooms.

Max gave a small nod and spoke with him throughout the night but continued to notice how tense he was becoming. She woke up the next morning to the sounds of the dragon roaring yet again for what she could assume was it's rider and gave a heavy sigh. She got up and dressed into a change of clothes giving another heavy sigh at how informal they were, however, she couldn't really pack her nicer things when running away.

Aemond grunted softly as he woke up the next morning his breathing labored and strained. He looked around carefully and began relaxing once he saw Carmen asleep next to him. He gave her hand the best squeeze he could trying to wake her up so he could atleast hear her voice before passing out again.

There was a knock on her door not long after and a young woman came in, pausing at the sight of her already dressed. “My lady they have sent me to be your lady in waiting. Which means I should be helping you with all tasks including being dressed.” She told her gently. “The king is waiting at breakfast for you.” She explained.

She stirred only a little but her eyes opened long enough to see him awake, taking his hand a little stronger and ringing the bell for fresh water. “Don’t strain love. Just rest. Please rest.” She murmured, gently reaching over to cup his face. “It is good to see you awake though my prince.”

Max looked over at the door as the woman came in and frowned some "Oh! I do apologize,I did not think they would task someone to help me." She explained before going over to her and smiling "My name is Maxine, but you may call me Max. What is your name?" She asked happily before grabbing a brush and getting her hair somewhat under control.

Aemond gave her a small tired smile while he pressed his face gently into her hand. He didn't have the energy to speak, but he was happy to atleast see her face and that he had made it back alive.

"Lily my lady, the walls have ears and I would not like to be caught speaking to a lady such as yourself with such familiarity." She told her, gesturing for MAx to follow her and led her to the dining hall where Joseph was sat with a drink, staring at all the empty seats and looking downright dramatic about being on his own.

She just leaned forward, pressing her lips to his forehead and pulling back in time for him to pass out, thanking the maester that brought her fresh water, getting to work on cooling him down again, refusing to leave when they came to change the dressing "I do not care if it is no place for a woman to see this, we give birth to your children screaming and bloodied, I think I will survive seeing a war wound." She told him quickly.

Max gave a small nod to her and frowned a little as she followed her out. She gave a small smile as they entered thehall giggling quietly at how dramatic Joseph looked. She thanked Lily before going to sit beside Joseph as she had the night previous "Good morning Joseph." She said softly hoping he was in a bit of a better mood now.

The maester's frowned deeply at her but eventually let her stay to see them re-dress the wound. Afterwards they let her be while George came in to check on him "Breakfast will be brought to you shortly Ma'am. The king would also like to see you if you will allow later on today." He explained gently to her wanting to stay on her good side.

She frowned and thanked him quietly, "This is warning to help, not a threat I swear but you will want men to guard the area near Vhagar. People will tire of her bellows and some may be stupid enough to attempt to go near her... They will be burned to death and I don't think the people of the city would approve of that... It would be best to just keep people away for now." She warned him.

Joseph frowned and looked over at her "your Grace." He corrected her "Is it a good morning? I have the people of the city trying to beng down the doors to get me to shut up the dragon which I am unable to do and if even if I were to have her killed it would soo be my head on a plate once he recovers. Plus she kept me up all night with her screams." He muttered, "I trust they assigned you a lady in waiting. You will have her at all time whilst you live here and she is in your service." He told her

George gave her a small nod and sighed some "I will put some men on her. Do you know a way to calm her down? The town has already been at the gates all morning." He explained quietly to her.

Max nodded some giving a small sigh "She wants to know her rider is safe." She said softly before looking towards Lily who stood at the back of room and gave a small nod "They did, she is very nice." She said softly watching him a bit "I do apologize about my gown, I was not able to pack my nicer ones."

She frowned and looked up at him with a glare. “Make sure her rider survives.” She muttered, turning back to aemond and rubbing his hand gently.

Joseph frowned for a moment before putting his cup down. “Leave us.” He called, waiting til every servant and guard left the room before turning to her. “Do not overstep your place max. For your own sake. They’re already suspicious of you enough without you being so informal with me in public.” He warned her gently. “I know we used to be friends as children but we are no longer children. I am your king and you will address me as such.” He told her.

George gave her a small nod and bowed some "Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you." He said gently before leaving them to privacy.

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod and sat up straighter "Please accept my deepest apologies Your Grace." She said quietly as she looked down at the table and not at him. She had never been made for being a proper lady, it was always a struggle for her and now she found it even harder with him.

Carmen frowned, watching him tiredly, murmuring to him quietly until he started waking up again, taking his hand gently. “Hello there love.” She smiled.

He frowned and looked back over at her. “Once he is healed then I will send you to spend time with Carmen…. She will teach you. Just don’t forget to refer to her as princess. Whether it’s from here or not that is what she is.” He told her a lot more gently

Aemond woke up a little later and watched Carmen some "Hello love.." he said in a very hoarse voice. He gave her hand a light squeeze before taking a very shaky breath his chest feeling as though it was on fire and someone was crushing it.

Max looked over at him a bit confused and frowned gently "You would let me stay here that long?" She asked quietly not expecting to stay no more than one more day before she would need to leave and find somewhere else to stay.

She frowned and quickly shook her head. “Don’t strain love. Just rest. I will get him some milk if tbs poppy soon.” She told him quietly.

He nodded and glanced over at her. “You live here from now on. To the other side you will be a traitor…. You will be safest here.” He told her, standing. “In fact I may have a proposition for going. But first I must go see my small council.”

Aemond grave out a small grunt and did his best to grip her hand tighter as the pain worsened.

Max gave him a small nod and stood as well "Thank you, Your Grace." She said quickly before giving a curtsey and leaving shortly after him.

She frowned and just shook her head. “It’s on its way love.” She murmured, calling for help.

Lily walked into the room and nodded deeply to her. “My lady. Is there anything I can do for you?” She asked her gently

Max looked over at Lily as she walked into the room and shook her head some "No..I um..I'm alright right now. Thank you." She said before bowing her head as well and making her way into the small bathroom that was attached to her room.

The maester's came in to look him over and gave a small frown as they grabbed the Milk of the Poppy to help ease the pain. Gently they helped him swallow it before glancing over at Carmen "He will need to eat somehow, it will be painful, but we will get him things that should be easy to swallow Princess."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back