• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tell Me the Tales of Old and Those of New

Max gave a soft smile and nodded some "After we are married...will you still make me say Your Grace behind closed doors?" She questioned as they started to walk again around the gardens.

Aemond frowned some as he listened to her "Better healing....less...less infection." He muttered "Book...in our room." He wheezed while she washed him.

He snorted a little and shook his head, offering her his arm. “Of course not.” He assured her quietly.

She frowned but nodded. “Don’t strain love. Try to relax.” She coaxed gently, calling for someone to come take over so she could go get it. She knew which he was talking about. He’d used it to send for particular herbs when she’d lost a child during rhe behunnning of their exile.

Max took his arm and gave a soft laugh as she walked with him "Good." She murmured softly before giving a heavy sigh "Do you know if my father is still alive?" She asked quietly

Edith looked over at Carmen when she noticed her come into the room and quickly did a curtsey "Is there anything I can help you with Princess?" She asked genuinely.

He frowned and shook his head. “For now it seems likely. But he won’t be for long. I cannot spare him for your sake. I’m sorry.” He told her gently as he could, frowning as there was another, much louder, roar from the beast before they all felt the wind rush from the flap of her wings as she began taking flight to circle above the castle. “Aemond passed out before she took to the air he told me. So it is unknown whether or not she wreaked havoc before bringing him back.” He explained

Carmen could hear her and she froze, turning to Edith. “The book from Old Town. The book we brought with us written by maesters of Westeros…. Quick as you can. Bring it to the infirmary when you have it.” She told her. There was only one reason vhagar would begin getting more agitated and so Carmen picked up her skirts and ran as fast as she could through the halls not caring how unseemly it was, finally making it into the room. “What’s happening?” She questioned the old men all surrounding her beloved, not able to see him between them.

Max nodded some and clung to him as Vhagar started to fly above them "I understand that he will not be spared. All I ask, if it is possible, that he be buried by my mother." She requested quietly gulping quietly as she looked to the sky seeing Vhagar circling the castle.

The Maesters frowned deeply when they heard Carmen come in quickly. One of them pulled back and gave her a heavy sigh "His fever has gone up to a very abnormal level. We are doing what we can to get him cooled down."

She frowned as she moved closer, feeling his head and quickly pulled her hand back again. “The ice storage. A bath of freezing water.” She told them quickly, knowing he wouldn’t make it through the night if he wasn’t cooled down.

He just nodded. @i will do what I can with that. We should go inside. Someone will collect you for dinner.” He told her quietly.

Max gave a small nod as they made their way back to Lily "Thank you for the walk Your Grace, we will see you at dinner." She said softly frowning as they heard yelling as they got inside the castle.

The head Maester gave her a nod and continued placing a cooling towel on him "We have sent ones off to make up a bath for him. We are doing what we can Princess."

She frowned and nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking his hand in hers tightly. “I am right here my love.” She told him quietly. “I’m right here, we will get you back to yourself in no time.” She was coaxing him until she watched his eye roll back and all the color drain for him. “Aemond! Aemond?!” She shrieked feeling them quickly move her.

Joseph frowned as he too heard the commotion coming from the infirmary, staying away if for no other reason than he felt responsible and very guikty for what had happened. “It will be quieter in the library.” He told Maxine quietly, going to find George.

Max gave a small nod to him and followed Lily to the library while Joseph went to find George.

George frowned deeply as he saw Joseph come in and gave a heavy sigh "He has a very bad fever. We are having to get the ice supplies to make a bath." He explained while the guards left to the infirmary.

Maesters gathered around her instantly as they saw his start to seize up and quickly moved her out. "Princess, I'm so sorry but we need you out of here." He explained gently to her "When he is settled we will let you in."

She frowned and just nodded, taking to pacing up and down the hallway, feeling sick at the thought of losing him.

He frowned and just nodded “they should be quick about it. I don’t need his dragon setting fire to the city.” He pointed out. “And begin arrangements for a wedding. She has accepted my offer.” He told him.

George gave him a quick nod and followed the guards back to Aemond. He stayed out with Carmen and gave a heavy sigh as he watched her pace not saying a word because he knew it would be no help.

-3 months-

Carmen stood behind aemond gently brushing through his hair. “Whenever you need to leave just tell me.” She mjrmured, looking at him through the mirror. She was worried about him. He’d always been clingy in their rooms in private but now he had started being like it in public and she could see him being more withdrawn around people again.

Joseph stood in his room while a couple of the servants helped him get ready in his military dress. It had been a very long hard few months but they were coming out the other side and he was finally getting married to someone of his choosing

Aemond gave her a small nod and stayed in place while she brushed through his hair. Once she was done he turned to face her and pulled her close to him "I will stay for the ceremony...but after I would like to come home." He said quietly before pulling her close to him. The near death experience had changed him in a way. He was scared to leave Carmen even though he wouldn't fully admit it. He was no where near ready to die and all he wanted now was his time with her.

Max stood in her room taking a deep breath as she tried to calm her nerves while Lily and a few other servants helped her get dressed. She had grown closer to Joseph in the past few months, but she was still scared to death to become his wife, really to become the queen. She was scared that she would mess things up for him and that the kingdom would fall for it.

She frowned but nodded and gently lifted his chin to kiss him, “That is the first time you have ever called these rooms home…. I don’t like it.” She mumbled, helping him up then and walked down to their carriage with him.

Once everything was done he made his way down to the hall to wait for her to be ready so they would arrive together as was customary.

Aemond frowned deeply but kissed her back and soon walked out with her to their carriage "Reminds me a bit of our wedding day." He murmured quietly

Max walked out and took a shaky breath as she saw Joseph at the end of the hall. She slowly walked towards him.and gave the best smile she could "Hello Your Grace.....you...you look very handsome." She said quietly trying to keep her nerves at bay.

She sighed quietly and stepped inside, sitting down next to him. “You wouldn’t even look at me. It was several moons before you would look in my eyes. All because you thought I wouldn’t like you.” She smiled, giving his hand a squeeze.

Joseph sighed quietly, taking her arm. “Come. I e have a wedding to attend my dear.” He smiled, giving her hand a squeeze before helping her into their carriage. “You should probably breathe. Wouldn’t be a good look for me to be a widower before I’m actually married.” He teased her gently.

Max gave a small laugh and took a deep breath "I'm just very nervous." She admits while they sit in the carriage. She squeezed his hand gently and gave him a small smile when he assured her everythimg would be okay "You remember how I'd always make you do the wedding when we played King and Queen? And you always hated it."

Aemond chuckled softly and nodded some "Well after hearing of your former fiancé, how was I to expect you to like me?" He questioned before kissing her hand gently.

She rolled her eyes. “He had an ‘accident’ because of the way he treated me. So you thought being rude was going to help you?” She questioned him, just watching him. “I hope they have a less rocky start than we did…. And that once things are settled he finally helps us go home.” She muttered.

He shook his head. “I don’t remember that…. Just try to relax today and then we can come home and you can stay in my rooms from now on. They will be ours rather than just mine.” He murmured to her.

Max nodded softly leaning her head on his shoulder for the time being until they got to the church "I like the sound of that." She said quietly before sitting up straight and getting out with him.

Aemond frowned some "Well I was not as sharp then as I am now." He said giving a small chuckle before kissing her cheek. He helped her out once they got to the church and nodded some "I do hope so as well, I need to be back in Westeros."

she nodded, taking his arm and heading inside, going to take their seats. “Do not let me fall asleep.” She reminded him.

He smiled and took her hand while they made their way inside the cathedral and down the aisle

Aemond chuckled and nodded some before sitting with her "I will definitly try not to." He whispered. He stood when they heard the music start to play watching as Joseph and Max made their way down.

Max made her way inside with him and stayed quiet as the ceremony started. Once they were done she turned to face him and took a deep breath as she leant it to give thier first kiss as husband and bride.

She stayed by him all through the ceremony and eventually left quietly with him once people began to disperse back to the castle for the feast. “Would you like to go back or are you feeling strong enough to go see vhagar?” She asked him quietly, standing on his left side so he could see where everyone else was, so he felt safe on that side.

Joseph smiled at her once they finished and he got to kiss her. The first time in many years that wasn’t hidden away, walking back to their carriage and letting it take them back home to freshen up and go to the feast. “It’s a shame we can’t just skip the whole thing and go straight to bed.” He smiled at her

Aemond stood when everything was completed he stood quickly and made his way out with her. He gave a small nod keeping his eye on everyone that he could "I can see Vhagar." He said quietly

Max made her way out with him and smiled widely as they got in the carriage "I can say that I would much rather prefer that." She said before giving him a small laugh. As they got to their home she went to get changed while he did the same. As they got back to one another she gave a small smile "In green again, my favorite color on you." She said sweetly before kissing his cheek gently.

He smiled and watched her, reaching out to have her take his arm, kissing her head. “Thank you…. Wife.” He smiled wider at her. He was still a little in shock that he had actually found someone he was willing to marry.

She nodded and smiled having their driver take them as close as possible before they had to walk the rest of the way. “Have you received anymore word from kings landing over the state of affairs there?” She asked him quietly

Max blushed and smiled wider "You're very welcome....husband." she said before following him out to the carriage. She was still in complete shock that she was actually married to the man she had loved as a child. As they arrived to the feast she made her way up to the head table and smiled at everyone.

Aemond gave a small nod as they made their way up to Vhagar "Its utter hell from what I have heard. Aegon is loosing his grips but Rhenyra isn't much better." He muttered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back