• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tell Me the Tales of Old and Those of New

She sighed a little but nodded, smiling as the old girl looked over at aemond and came over to see him. “She spent every day screaming. They weren’t doing a very good job with you until she began circling the city in the air…. Joseph was worried that she would burn the place down.

He had made a note of the absence of his hand but thought little of it. The guilt still ate at him for sending him off to a massacre and so he was planning to start the retaking of Westeros soon despite George’s protests.

Aegon smiled softly at his dragon and placed his hand along the side of her head. He smiled some as she leant into his touch and gave a small nod "Good girl." He said softly in their tongue before looking to Carmen "Well I'm glad she got them going."

Max sat with him and noted the absense of Aemond and Carmen. She wasn't offended though, she understood Aemond's health still wasn't at a hundred percent. She was glad that they atleast made it to the wedding. However, she knew of Joseph's plan to hopefully help take back Westeros and that worried her.

She frowned a little and watched him swaying on his feet. “We should go back love. Get some rest. You’ll be riding again before you know it as long as you let your body heal.” She told him quietly.

Josepg enjoyed the festivities as much as possible until he eventually took her hand and discreetly exited with her to go to their rooms, sneaking out as much as he could.

Aemond sighed softly but nodded to her "The King has requested my presence after everything settles. I think he wants to help us get home." He murmured before walking to the carriage.

Max smiled widely as Joseph took her hand to leave. She snuck out as quickly as she could with him giggling as they ran down the halls to their room. "You think they'll miss us?" She teased as they finally got into the room.

She nodded and helped him up into the carriage, following behind and sat with him, resting her head against his good shoulder. “Are we to wait until we are home to make a family?” She asked him as she’d seen many children along the road with their families

He shook his head as he lifted her up for her to sit on the vanity table, kissing her gently “not a chance. They’re all too drunk my beautiful wife.” He murmured against her lips.

Aemond smiled softly as they made their way back to the castle "I would like to wait if we can, I want you in a safe and healthy environment." He explained not wanting her to loose another and have to go through that again.

Max giggled softly and wrapped her arms around his neck "Mmm you are very right...my handsome husband." She murmured against his lips and kissing him again holding him close to her.

She just nodded and held onto him a little more, resting her head back. “Edith mentioned going home as well yesterday….. she never got to tell her family that she was safe.” She mused, starting to fall asleep on the ride back.

It was almost morning by the time they were finished, laying next to her and holding her close, gently tracing patterns along her skin, staring up at the ceiling. “This is better than I thought it was going to be.”

Aemond gave a small nod and stayed quiet the rest of the ride back. By the next morning he was waking up in a cold sweat and feeling terrible. He held his eye as he groaned quietly a headache starting to form already.

Max lay with him afterwards her legs tangled with his under sheets. She listened to his heartbeat and nodded softly "Mmm yes it was." She said softly before she started to nod off and fall asleep against him.

Carmen had been up for a while, having Edith get her ready for the day with her hair, frowning when she heard the noises coming from the bedroom, “excuse me a moment Edith.” She told her quietly, standing and going to check on him, frowning some. “Aemond? What’s wrong love?”

Joseph woke up early in the morning like he always did, getting himself together and went to take a walk of the gardens, leaving max to sleep in while he had half an hour alone with his thoughts. It was straight back to work today but the first time that he would have someone sharing in the load, he was meant to be having Carmen help her with everything

Aemond looked over at Carmen still holding his eye "My head...I can't...it feels as though my head is being split in half." He panted as he did his best to try and remain calm through the pain "Milk...milk of the poppy.."

Max woke up around her normal timing smiling softly to herself. She noted Joseph's absense but figured he was around somewhere. She got herself in atleast a night gown and smiled softly seeing Lily enter the room "Good morning Lily." She said softly before going over to pick a dress to wear for the day.

She frowned and just nodded, sniffing out all light in the room, going to ask Edith to get a maester, moving to sit with him. It was starting to concern her more and more how much he was hurting. He had always been so strong but now he just seemed to be a shell of the man she knew, hoping he would eventually bounce back.

He made his way back to their rooms and smiled as he watched her. “Good morning my love, how did you sleep?” He asked her quietly.

Aemond took a deep breath as he leaned into her a bit "This is...worst it has been in a long time." he said quietly as kissed her cheek gently "I love you." he whispered

Max smiled softly turning to face him while Lily finished up on her hair "Good morning my love, I slept well and you?" she asked gently

He smiled and watched her. “Better than I have in months.” He told her. “We shall have our breakfast then I would like for you and Carmen to spend some time together. She can help you with your duties until you are comfortable doing them on your own.”

She frowned and just smoothed his hair away from his face. “Just try to relax love, get some sleep. I will make your excuses to the king.” She assured him, standing once the maester arrived and let him help aemond.

Max smiled happily at him and gave a small nod "That sounds great." she said softly before standing once Lily was done. She turned to her and gave a small bow to her "Thank you for your help Lily." she said softly before taking Joseph's hand and leaving the room to get breakfast with him. She sighed happily as they walked "I love you." she murmured quietly before they got into the room where other people were.

Aemond frowned deeply and shook his head some "No...I need to speak with him." he muttered before the maester came in to help him out. Once he was gone he took a deep breath and stood to take Carmen's hand "Let us....let us go to breakfast atleast."

He smiled and watched her some, taking their seats once they got to breakfast, glancing around the room and just gave a shrug.

Carmen frowned as she helped him up once it was obvious he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, helping him get dressed and finally had Edith help her get finished, taking his arm carefully. “Aemond you are not well. You should be in bed resting.” She tried to coax but he was having none of it and she supported him all the way down to the more private dining room that was used most days by the nobles who lived there, helping him into his seat before taking hers next to him. “I apologise for our lateness your highness.” She told Joseph quietly

Max sat with Joseph and stayed quiet while Aemond and Carmen made their way in. She gave a small frown seeing how pale Aemond looked. He was naturally a pale man, but this was almost deathly pale. She began to eat quietly with everyone only speaking when being spoken to.

Aemond gave a small nod to Joseph as they got to the dining hall and sat down quietly. He took a deep breath as he started to eat his breakfast giving a small frown as his head started to hurt more.

Carmen frowned holding her head high as she could, knowing that they were being watched and just desperately wanting aemond to go lay down so he could rest rather than forcing himself to get on with it and making himself worse.

Joseph stayed behind until it was only the four of them left in the room and turned to aemond. “You are not fit to be giving advice in your condition.” He pointed out, taking maxs hand. “Though if allowed I would like to steal your wife for the morning to give the queen some guidance.

Aemond frowned some at Joseph and sighed heavily "It was worth a shot." He said giving a very small laugh. He looked to Carmen for a moment and then to Joseph again "That will be my wife's decision, but as of right now, I see no problem in her helping The Queen." He explained quietly. He knew their chances would be even greater to get Joseph's help if they won over Max as well.

Max sat there and let Joseph speak with Aemond. She gave him a soft smile and squeezed his hand gently as he took hers in his. She was nervous to work with Carmen, she still didn't trust any of the Targaryens.

She frowned and nodded. “I’d be happy to, I would just like to get the prince back to our rooms your majesty.” She told him, thanking him when he obliged, helping aemond up to get him to go lay down.

Joseph waved them off and sighed some before turning to max. “Tonight my dear I am all yours. But for now, I have a meeting to attend. If you need me though just send for me.” He assured her.

Max gave her a small nod as well before turning to face Joseph. She nodded and gave a small smile "I'll be just fine love." She said quietly before pecking his cheek gently "Go get going, I'm going to spend some time in the gardens."

Aemond walked with Carmen back to their room and frowned deeply "What is wrong with my Carmen?" He asked quietly as he tried to ignore the pain he was in "We need to go home.."

She shook her head “I don’t know my love…. I wish I did but I just don’t darling.” She told him quietly, kissing his cheek. “If you would just rest though instead of pushing yourself it might get better.” She pointed out.

Joseph made his way to the small council and took a seat, gesturing for everyone else to do the same. “Gentlemen. We should begin making preparations for taking an army to Westeros.” He told them all. “For one, I want the dragon out of my kingdom. We continue to receive information that it’s been burning people and stealing livestock and I for one can’t settle people’s anger much longer…. For two, Prince Aemond almost gave his life for this kingdom. It is time to repay his loyalty as my father once promised him.”

Aemond gave a small laugh and nodded some "Yeah I guess that would be good." He whispered. He moved to lay down once they got to the room and sighed some "I love you." He murmured to her in his native tongue squeezing her hand some.

George frowned deeply and gave a heavy sigh as he listened to Joseph. He gave a small nod but was not in full agreeance "I agree that the Dragon must go, I agree that they did help our kingdom. However, Your Grace, the war in Westeros is not one we need to align ourselves with....if Aemond should fail...it could cause the downfall of our kingdom." He explained

Users who are viewing this thread

Back