• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Teen Titans [ casual / details inside ]

Pine

PK THOT ⚡
Supporter
tumblr_nlmvqqgW1n1rlergfo1_500.gif

characters

This role play will largely be based on the style of the original TV series while also leaving room for fans of the comics to enjoy themselves. I myself am rather ignorant of the comics, but character options will be open to all DC Universe characters, but they may be a little trickier to implement and I would prefer someone more along the lines of Ravager and Kid Flash than Martian Manhunter and Superman.

As I have heavily implied, this role play will have a focus on the canon characters. However, I will be accepting original characters as well. Any connections to canon characters are expected to be reasonable, preferably with little involvement, and must be approved by me as well as whoever is role playing said canon. You will be able to choose the alliance of your original character, but the the closest they may be to the Teen Titans is being an extended member, which also applies to any villain group.

If you are going to be applying for a canon character, the expectation will be that you are intimately familiar with them. I only want canon characters that can be role played competently. You are allowed to take certain liberties with these characters, but make sure your headcanons actually make sense. If anything, I will be the most strict with these characters, and any role player should bear in mind that taking on a canon character will be a much greater responsibility both with your activity and your actual role playing. I will have no qualms with rejecting or kicking someone out that is not satisfying my expectations.

There will be
no limit to how many characters you may apply for, but please make sure that you do so responsibly. It would be tragic for someone to take on all these canons and just abandon the role play.

plots

Ideally, I would like for this to be something long-term and be treated like a small group role play. This means multiple plots depending on what we can come up with and other factors. I would love for members to contribute their ideas! If you have a brilliant plot in mind, maybe we can find some way for you to run it. If nothing else, I am always open to options on how to spur the current plot, so feel free to add your own twists and hog the spotlight for a little while. The plots can be much like the TV series, ranging anywhere from dark and gritty, dramatic and gushy, or even completely ridiculous. Specific settings will also be allowed, whether it be some time with Terra allied with the group or even far into the future when the team has fallen apart, and there will not necessarily have to be any continuity between them.

With that being said, until I know what kind of
characters we may be getting, I don't have any specific plot in mind. As a last resort for us to start out with, I have an inkling of an idea for some zombie apocalypse shenanigans:

It's movie night in the Titan Tower and tonight is Beast Boy's pick, forcing the team to sit through yet another series of
horror flicks. Half way through the trilogy, however, the batteries in the remote are discovered to have gone out, and it soon becomes apparent that they are out of spares. The team heads for the local convenient store, and when the cashier begins to make odd gargling noises and stalk them through the store, the team dismisses it as their imagination or some sort of prank, though they will soon find out that not everything is as it appears.

Another, more serious plot I just started to come up with is that something happens in Jump City to make the Titans overly paranoid. They begin to control the city with an iron fist, more or less becoming tyrants, and it's up to the Titans East to stop them. Just a thought, feel free to build on that.

expectations

As stated in the title, I want this to be something rather casual. That being said, I want writers who can dish out copious amounts of detail in important moments and help engage the rest of us in the story. There will not be a dice system, so the expectation will be that you can handle fight scenes responsibly and have realistic expectations for your character. I would also like for the role play to be a little more on the mature side. Obviously don't use profanity to the point where your monologue sounds strange, but there's no need to shy away from using it. Gore and violence could very well be a thing, and as always, details are encouraged. Romance obviously must stay within moderation, as per RpN's rules, but otherwise the only thing I will say is make it realistic. There will be a writing sample for character applications in which I will be checking for good use of grammar, your ability to describe things and how you portray the character.

Communication is a must. I can understand if you're busy, but if there are no posts from you for days, then my assumption is going to be that you have lost interest, which can easily lead to you being booted from the role play. I tend to keep an active ooc chat going on with my role plays, so if you're into that and looking to befriend your fellow role players, great! You do not have to participate, but do keep in mind that I feel a need to trust people that I'm role playing with and can only do so by actively talking back and forth between them.

I think that's it for things I need to cover. Please let me know if you have any questions. I should be able to get back to you some time within the day. In any posts below, please answer the following questions:

Is there any particular character you are interested in playing?

Do you have any plot ideas of your own that you would like to try out? If not, which of my plots would you be interested in trying out? Please share any and all ideas for whichever plot you choose to discuss.

As for myself, I will be staking my claim as Robin and it is very likely that, aside from the occasional NPCs, I won't be playing anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this seems interesting. I personally don't have any ideas for plots off the top of my head, but if I got to thinking about it I could come up with something. I actually really like the zombie idea, but it probably wouldn't make the best introductory plot.

As for a character I'd like to RP I'm sort of partial to a few of the young justice characters like Static Shock or Blue Beetle. Of course if I had to be one of the Titans from the show I could roll with BeastBoy, but I'd prefer one of the others mentioned.

Sorry if that's abit wordy lol.

Depends on what kind of crowd we're trying to attract. xD

a zombie plot would attract too many people like me

Bro, Static Shock is DC?

I had no idea. LOL

But they would both work, yeah!

I actually did a Teen Titans role play once upon a time with someone doing Blue Beetle.

So yeah, no pressure to take on anything else.

I only watched the first season of Young Justice, but from my understanding, it kind of conflicts with Teen Titans later on...?

but that's beside the point

If you can make it work, it works.

But no no no, not at all!

i'm specifically avoiding people who are just going to post like "i'm interested" and nothing else

I think I'll take Static. I'm sure I could make him work even if I had to combine one or two of his origins. Lol.

And if all else fails I'll just choose someone else.

He sounds fun to be honest.

i used to watch that show once upon a time

unless i'm thinking of someone else

If I'm going to make this role play, I probably won't be able to start on it until Friday, just as a head's up.

I would be interested in playing as Raven, or even Wondergirl if need be.

I might have scammed over this, and sorry if I did... DX But what is the length you're looking for? One Paragraph....or Novella style?

I don't think there's any particular need for Wondergirl haha.

I'm not entirely used to her being there.

Skimming is fine, as long as you read all the actual content for when/if I make the role play.

My want for post length is going to fluctuate.

I don't believe in forcing someone to excessively pumping up their post with whatever they can to respond to someone saying "hi," but if there's a lot going on, then my expectations will be detailed multi-paragraphs.

Ah, xD That's fine.

I only skimmed through this because the font was really light for me, no offense...so I dug for the important details. ^^

Though that actually seems fine. I can understand what you mean.

For me, it gets complicated to write pass three paragraphs depending on what I'm given. Which is why I didn't want to jump into this if you were expecting four-five paragraphs. But thanks for answering my question. ^^

Oh no, thanks for letting me know!

I was somewhat worried about that being a problem, actually.

I'll just change the font color tomorrow. cx

I sometimes forget that the rest of the world is blind.

But no problem!

Honestly, I've been throwing up like ten+ paragraph intros as of late, but when it gets down to the back-and-forth role play I mostly have in mind for this, I end up getting more into three-four paragraph responses.

I love detail, but I don't like seeing people forcing themselves to make up content (symbolism bullshit that no one would realistically be thinking about in that situation).

I'll probably have a vague minimum of one paragraph rule.

But I mean if you're still a good writer and are giving us enough to reply to back, then I really don't care...?

don't worry about too much xD

just a shade darker would be fine c:

I understand what you're getting at.

Personally, I love writing and details..., but for group roleplays, it just overwhelms me when I've been given five paragraphs that I have to match, not to mention read all the other people who posted the same amount xD But that's just me.

I'll still be interested if this ever gets started. Like mentioned before, I'll probably only make it up to three/four paragraphs per reply. ^^;

Aha!

That should be easier to see.

and it doesn't look half bad hmhm

So then, let me know your thoughts on the plots?

That's a perfectly acceptable amount. uwu !

It won't so much be a "reflecting what you're given," because...

For example, I one time had about six paragraphs of my character processing what was happening internally (it was a little complicated because the person I was role playing with and I were carefully coordinating an enormous misunderstanding), but all that actually happened for them to respond to was the end of the post with him tackling the other guy, so in a situation like that (with the other character having a limited amount of time to response and only one actual action to respond to), it makes sense that the posts slimmed down to two paragraph replies after that.

Good sir you got some awesome potential here! I like the sound of a Teen Titan Roleplay.

If I had to give a character some thought I would like to pick Cyborg

But for a character not of the Teen titans I have two ideas in mind with being

Spawn or Deathsroke.

Yoooo, nobody ever wants to role play Cyborg, good on ya'!

*throws glitter*

I've never actually heard of Spawn (I'll have to look into him), but we could definitely benefit from a Deathstroke. uwu !

Well spawn is his own comic but there have been crossover with Dc in the last like I own a Batman vs Spawn comic.

Also how could you not want to be cyborg! He is freaking amazing!

Oh yes yeeees, I skimmed over that one on Wikipedia haha.

Anti-heroes are always great plus plus good.

RIGHT?

He has his priorities straight unlike anyone else.

food and cars

Guess this means if we do the zombie apocalypse thing, Robin won't be able to hijack the t-car.

but he's still totally calling shotgun

Last edited by a moderator:
Pine said:
Aha!
That should be easier to see.

and it doesn't look half bad hmhm

So then, let me know your thoughts on the plots?

That's a perfectly acceptable amount. uwu !

It won't so much be a "reflecting what you're given," because...

For example, I one time had about six paragraphs of my character processing what was happening internally (it was a little complicated because the person I was role playing with and I were carefully coordinating an enormous misunderstanding), but all that actually happened for them to respond to was the end of the post with him tackling the other guy, so in a situation like that (with the other character having a limited amount of time to response and only one actual action to respond to), it makes sense that the posts slimmed down to two paragraph replies after that.
Well, I haven't given much into plot.

It really depends on if you're wanting to take the basic plot from the show, or create our own.

Though an important thing to be asked is, will this take place sometime during the show or will it be after?

Yeah xD I mean, I can honestly write more when I'm in one of those writing moods where I might hand out seven paragraphs of just what a character is thinking or what's going on around them. ^^; But on most cases, I have a hard time doing that. :0 But it's totally fine if other people write more, I'll try to match it the best I can. c:

Also, this just hit me....would you be needing a Rose Wilson/Ravager?

It really depends on the plot.

See, I'm more or less trying to simulate this group that I one time befriended and just one of the role players kept on coming up with these Teen Titans plots (she was a goddess iSwear).

One of the plots was taking place in the time of that future episode where all the Teen Titans had disbanded, Slade had taken over the tower and Starfire was being held captive and some nonsense like that, another was some kind of apocalyptic thing and I think they were trying to rebuild the city, then I'm totally recycling the zombie plot because that was actually MY plot lol, BUT BASICALLY there was no continuity between the plots, so they could be futuristic, in the middle of the show, maybe even before then... whatever works.

*nod nod*

I think that's pretty typical and that's totally fine.

That will probably be most of us haha.

I don't really have a need for her, nah.

(but one of the aforementioned role players used her and we had some good times, especially since the other person had slade, so i at least know how to work with her haha)

To be honest, I like the sound of a apocalyptic plot...it could actually add some interesting story lines and details. c: I do like the futuristic one, but I'm not too sure how it work out too well. However, it's totally your call. xD

Haha, I wish I could remember what we did with the apocalyptic plot.

All I remember is that Robin was digging around in debris, something about Terra/Beast Boy (there was a little bit in all of the plots because those were kind of their mains haha), and that we made this stupid joke about Robin saying WE HAVE TO GATHER THE ELECTRICITY TO SAVE THE CITY to the point where someone drew a Thor/Robin picture?? xD

SO I figured if we could get enough canon characters, we could mess with some character 'lations.

In theory, we AT LEAST have a Robin, a Raven, a Cyborg, a Static Shock...

i have no idea what to do lol

but i'll think about it

Haha~ xD to be honest, that actually sounds quite interesting xD

Well, if you do go with apocalyptic, you don't need all the cast. Seeing how we're still missing a Starfire, we could easily say she died if no one claims her. Or have something else happen to her. I would offer to be her, but I would suck greatly at it lol cx

well i would like the role of Cyborg honestly and possibly Deathstoke, Spawn is just my childhood hero thats why I was asking

Oh yeah, we don't need all of the cast for any of this. xD

I can't remember the last time I had all the cast haha.

but nah we don't need a starfire

That person just wanted to role play an angsty Starfire.

I honestly just don't remember which direction the apocalyptic plot was even going.

WELL, you're free to apply for whoever you want. c:

i'm not exactly getting swamped with people interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back