• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom TASKFORCE 2775

Order of posts

• Whenever you can manage

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Everyone must post once before posting again

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Corporal Nguyen had meandered into the squad drop area before most of the arrivals. He kept to the back and away from everyone. He wasn't even an ODST so it was best to just wait for the most part.

He had the man pack radio on a table tinkering with it. He put in the proper encryption keys, frequency and continued the process for medical, artillery, fixed wing, rotar wing and higher command. Stretching as he finished his one job, he stashed the backpack in the overhead bin and his rifle in the side rack. Once he was done he heard a pair walk in and Gunny speak up... or at least the tail end.

"Cut it with the professional stuff , we aren't in a debrief or training , we're here before a mission , but i guess the act is ... up to standard i guess?" He gave her a salute back , afterwards turning his visor opaque "So i guess your going to be apart of my squad huh? Who else?"

Nguyen casually raised his hand. He wasn't too sure if anyone even spotted him. Moving like a ghost, Corporal Nguyen remained by his pod waiting for the rest of his squad. There wasn't a rush to meet these guys since he would probably get reassigned anyways.

He had noticed the raised hand , but he focused on the ODST saluting him , as to which he saluted back. "So , we got two more in our squad , that's what , four of us now?" He gave a sort of quick chuckle to himself. "So , you lot know the plan? I sure hope you do cause I probably wont repeat it , anyways , ready up , I havent got conformation of when the drop is going to be ordered so be on stand-by." He made sure his HUD was working correctly , along with his visor , which he used , The HUD was showing and his visor was still working , he gave a sort of sigh of relief knowing he wouldn't have to go into battle with a useless helmet.

Captain Stone strode into the War room a little late. He had just given the order to drop and gave a short mission plan to each platoon. In the war room, Every officer worth their salt was present. Captain Stone saluted the officer who was in charge of all the land operations for Dahlke. "General Smith!" A nod of acknowledgement was all Stone received. The general tapped the display to reveal the city. "The Admiral wants to take the southern part of the city. This means having to take district 3 and four. District three is a maze of office buildings and large exposed areas. We're expecting heavy casualties here since any armor will be ineffective in this area. District four is a rundown downtown area. Fortunately, the streets are wide enough, and buildings small enough to allow an armored push with infantry support. We're going to push northwards and take this city block by block. Higher command wants the enemy to retreat northwards into the flatlands so we can pick them off."

Gesturing at Captain Stone, Captain Stone spoke up to fill in the next moving part of the Operation. "My helljumpers will drop into the thick of it. District 5 holds the government buildings. We will seize the national guard armory which is suppose to hold a large portion of armor, and the government building housing the AI that runs the planet. First Sergeant Ford will join us once we establish a beach head. Our goal is to minimize damage done to this colony while we root out these rebels. Once we finish our mission, we will proceed with regular forces and wrap up this bump in the road" Captain Stone's voice was confident and measured. Briefings he could handle, it was familiar from his time as a cadet and a preacher's son before that.

The General seemed surprised no doubt caught off guard that Stone wasn't the idiot he usual was. Clearing his throat "4th ID has priority for all air assets. The ODSTs and Rangers have 3 wings of Hornets to provide dedicated support. The mission has already started as far as I'm concerned. The time is now..... 1615. Its D+ 15 mikes. Captain Stone what's the status of your men?"

"They should already be in their coffins on the way down if not already outside general" General just nodded and looked around the room. "This is our first battle. Fourth ID will do this flawlessly. Now, I want sitreps on all units I don't care if-" the General droned on.

Meanwhile, Agent Fletcher casually did his work. He was surprised he was among a chosen few to help support Agent Harvester. A legend among the circles he was in. He survived years on a dying fleet and despite it all sent back valuable information on the elite. Walking around the war room he casually plugged a device into the secondary war room console. The whole battle would now ever so slowly reach ONI's servers. Invaluable for the project as Agent Fletcher was told. With a roll of his shoulders, his job now done he went back to providing useless small picture data to the General. Tomorrow he would be on a different ship and identity. His work her was done.

Admiral Thorne looked over his holo table showing the planet and his ships. He placed his hand on his face and scratched some of the scruff that started to form after his shave a few hours earlier. "Get me Commodore Sanders, Vance, Brown, And Henry on the Comm." He commanded his deck officers. Once they had their holographic images on the table. he turned to them. "Gentlemen there is no reason for all of our ships to be on this invasion mission. Frankly, it is a waste of time and resources. I'm sending all four of you to capture the mining planet of Eeridian the closest planet nearby. Commodore Sanders you will lead point for this mission. Try to cause as little damage to the mining stations on the planet we will need them for rebuilding and repairing ships and homes of the colonists. That is all." Thorne commanded. then broke communication and focused back on the battle at hand.
"Do you think that is a good move Admiral?" one of the deck officers asked. Thorne turned to the officer with an irritated expression on his face.
"Do you doubt my judgment Sailor?" He asked. the deck officer started to sweat a little.
"No Sir it's just we are splitting our already small fleet in half. aren't you worried about any pirate ships in the system?" Thorne game a small chuckle.
"Honestly sailor, if there were pirates here they would not be dumb enough to try and take a UNSC military vessel. That is just asking for trouble." Thorne replied but still seeing the officer's worried expression continued. "Also pirates have small sloop class ships enough to be fast and nibble to get to their victim and steal their cargo then run off without the victim able to chase them. we would blast that ship out of existence before it even got close enough to fire its own weapons." Thorne then went to look at the battle reports.

Captain Winters Looked at the inventory of supplies on his Ship for the colonist once they have been liberated. tons of food and water all in preserved bins. enough food for three years for his crew alone. He took away 6 months worth of his and set it aside to help bring the population of the planet into a liking of them invading. It really was more like a gift of friendship rather than charity. He couldn't help but feel like he was being watched. The Oni agent was still on his ship and he hasn't figured out who it is yet. but he will... eventually.

Sval walked through a building and could finally see this AI building the Marines at the school mentioned. He had to use his cloak on his armor most of the time considering how deep in enemy territory he was in. Learning that the AI had sensors of any ship that might have passed by the planet He knew he had to go in and destroy any evidence of his ship from the records to prevent these humans from asking any questions about it. The first twenty buildings or so were simple walkthroughs since there wasn't much in them. there were a few civilians trying to find cover but he just ignored them. He ran into one scouting squad luckily they knew who he was so they didn't fire at him. He considered waiting later to delete the AI records but by then he feared they might have already hooked up the AI to the ship's computer, or at least linked it into it. So he pressed forward. He killed two scouts from the enemy and a full squad by himself catching both by surprise using his cloak attached to his armor. Now all that was left is finding a way inside the AI building, which just so happened to be a very well fortified Rebel base.

He got into his pod , waiting for the countdown for drop , he held the joysticks very tightly , looking around and making sure the Pod was working correctly , he tested out the Comms system , working perfectly , he tested the Video comm , he could see his other squad-mates , so that was green , he moved his joysticks around a bit , they were stiff but moveable , he was okay with that , he said one final thing to his squad before he was going to be dropped "See you on the ground , and hey , if you beat me to it , don't take the kills , leave some for me." With a smirk and a chuckle after.

The enemies reaction when UNSC forces enter the system. I'm currently prowling the interwebs for a decent general (PC) to take the reigns and act as yalls adversity. For now, I wish you luck and good fortune.

A grim faced man sat in the governmental office. He had 8,429 men most were former reservists. They had military training, arms and leadership. It was a deathtrap meant to cripple the UNSC Expeditionary Force. They knew this fleet was coming the moment the succession took place. This planet was easily taken and held. General Gillespie knew that only this city mattered for the planet as it held the one thing of importance. The AI building that controlled all farm equipment that allowed Dahlke to feed many a planet.

The request for all civilians to leave the city was the rallying cry. Women, children and men in the city were rounded up and strapped with explosives. Those who resisted were shot. All "volunteers" were strongly encouraged to not say a word to the invading forces lest their family or other innocents in other settlements recieve the same treatment. All roads large enough to drive a tank down had explosives planted to close the roadway. They could still drive over the rubble, but it would expose their vulnerable undersides.

They didn't have enough time to close off all roads and restricted such measures to the main road. RPG, sniper and other specialty teams were place to maximize effectiveness to dissuade close air support, tanks and freedom of movement.

"General!" A salute was given and returned at a snap pace. "An advanced scouting team has breached the cleared zone. They found Bravo 24- Bravo 74. UNSC troops haven't check for explosives and have taken them in for protection. Should we begin the 'humanitarian' effort." The general waved off his staff officer.

"This shouldn't even be mentioned. I want them dead. Any tampering also equals a detonation. Any more dumb questions?"

"We have spotted drop pods coming this way sir. We believe 50 - 100 are headed towards us." The staff officer looked uncomfortable. A pity he would've made a decent sub-commander.

"I want the 2nd guard here. They aren't ODST material, but they passed special forces qualification. I also want all the-"

"We already finished preparation general. All vehicles aside from 74 are being transported to the country side. The 2nd and One Hundreded and Twenty Fifth are dispersed and ready to fight asymmetrical warfare and recieve our tactical withdrawl when ready."

The general stood up and looked out the window. The sun ever so strong, but like his men dead when the night comes. "Have the engineers strap explosives in the governmental building. I'll be damned that this building will be of any use here"

Due lack of interest I'm calling this thread dead, I'm leaving many other threads in addition to this one. I plan on starting a new thread focused on an old thread of mine. Its been real, its been fun its been real fun best of luck to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back