• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom TF2775 LORE

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
To Agent *REDACTED*

There are rumor an Elite is serving on the UNSC Frigate Valiant. Find out if these rumors are true. If they are, there's a chance we can leverage this and cause internal strife in the Sangheili hierarchy.

In the event that the ship has turned traitor and has ties to the covenant. You are ordered to kill this elite and neutralize the UNSC Frigate Valiant.

You cannot fail this mission. The UNSC cannot afford another fracturing during this war. We have authorized you all the equipment you may need and then some.

Best of luck

*REDACTED*

Last edited:
FIRST SERGEANT FORD'S LETTER
Letter to ARMY RANGERS

Rangers,

You will be fighting in what the UNSC has dubbed “The Lost Colonies”. Admiral Cole has sent this Task Force to reestablish communication and reestablish a supply chain to help the war effort. He sent us with green boys, shit frigates and worst of all helljumpers. We are under armed, undersupplied and poorly led for such an ambitious mission. Fortunately for the 2775th, he sent the UNSC Army Rangers.

There are only 500 of us, but make no mistake, We are the best this Task Force has to offer. We will be the spearhead that strikes from the darkness as the defiant defenders of humanity. We will lead the way like we always have when others falter. The Rangers have always lead the way, and we will do it once again.

When the days get long, the battle unbearable look to your left and your right. These are the finest soldiers the Army can provide with the finest equipment, training and toughest bastards out there. Rangers lead the way. Rangers have always led the way and Rangers will lead the way now.

-First Sergeant Ford

Geography
Equitor Corridor
A space anomaly. The corridor consists of a small low energy route that Spears through three planetary systems. The three planetary systems currently have gone dark for unknown reasons. For an unknown distance around this corridor, any slipspace travel is increase by months if not years. This is the reason why the corridor is vital to reestablishing communication with "The Lost Colonies" as any other route will cause unnecessary delay.

The three planets were and it's unknown if they still hold the valuable strategic value. The first planet Dahlke hold vast farm land capable of feeding 3 midsized colonies. The second planet Eeridian held a reasonable sized space station capable of servicing small ships, and the resources needed to do repairs. The third planet Nysinia was a UNSC outpost that hosted the 9th Light Infantry Division and a few frigates.

The corridor opens up leading to a large hub of colonies with vast raw resources, manpower and industrial power to benefit the UNSC greatly.

Sir,

In regards to John Callero, we have information recently emerge about him. He along with many in his unit were lost in “The Lost Colonies”. Unknown to many outside our section, “The Lost Colonies” succeeded at least those in the Equitor Corridor. John Callero and his unit were reported to be last seen fighting a running battle with local Innie terrorists.

I bring up Task Force 182 because of an irregularity in Task Force 2775. A ODST was taken off the roster and replaced with a Jason Callero. Under duress during ODST interrogation training, Jason Callero mentioned finding his brother was a driving force to join the ODSTs. Task Force 182's mission must remain secret family or not.

A recent report from the Frigate Valiant last believed to be destroyed has mentioned a Callero. The ships database mentioned a J. Callero on the planet he supposedly was lost in. If that's the case we need to guarantee Task Force 182's mission remains secret.

Best regards,

*REDACTED*

*REDACTED*

*REDACTED* has been sent

Sincerely

*REDACTED*

TARDIS06 TARDIS06
If this bit of lore is disagreeable tell me and I will remove it. I just wanted to establish some "side objectives" that'll give a pressing issue your character wants to resolve. I had plans to do a lore piece like this for every character.

Cheers TLA

Captain’s log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-009
**Restricted Access**
__inscription code 73947589____*
We have only had the elite for two weeks and already he has escaped ten times from his cell. And placed over 20 marines in the med bay. My first mate says I should put a bullet in its head… but I can’t help but feel sorry for the guy. We keep him under locked chains and a 24-hour guard.
We found him in a sealed escape pod the only survivor of his ship. Or what’s left of it anyways.
We were sent out to see what tripped our sensors regarding a slipspace jump. But we didn’t expect a full out battle covenant against covenant. We hid in an asteroid belt and watched the hole thing. His ship was fighting against one of the biggest covenant ships I have ever seen. The whole thing looked like a planet itself. After the battle, we scanned for survivors he was all we found.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-015
**Restricted Access**
The thing speaks English! Who would have known? I had our ships AI translate his language before we found out to see what he was ranting one night. Here is the recording:
Audio recording translation:
___I have failed you, my love, forgive me for my dishonor.___
A few nights later he tried to commit suicide. By breaking out again killing one guard and grabbing the guards rifle and firing it at his cell’s window. Luck for us another guard saw what was about to happen and gassed the room. If he was a normal human the gas would have killed him.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-27
**Restricted Access**
He is starting to come around. After 17 days of not eating any food. One of the doctors convinced him to eat. We also found out his name: Sval and apparently, he was a fleet commander. ONI is going to love this.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-164
**Restricted Access**
Sval has more than done enough to prove himself to me. He has given us much intel regarding the covenant. I asked him why one day and he replied with:
“the sooner this war ends the sooner I get to go home to see my mate.” I figured that meant his wife or family or something.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-201
**Restricted Access**
I placed him in a squad to evac some civilians from a village near an erupted volcano. He did more than I was expecting though I can’t help feeling that my crew disgust him.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-213
**Restricted Access**
As I suspected a crew member tried to kill him today at the firing range. The crew member paid with his life after Sval smashed his head into a wall after the soldier fired a few rounds into Sval’s chest and shoulder. He is in the med bay now but he will live.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-240
**Restricted Access**
I think ONI got word of our rogue elite I found my log tampered with today there must be an agent onboard I placed an emergency data erase to be sure. I hope he doesn’t do anything stupid. This Elite is a valuable asset to the UNSC now and to me.

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-254
**Restricted Access**
__inscription code 73947589____ACCESS DENIED*

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-254
**Restricted Access**
__inscription code73947589____ACCESS DENIED*

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-254
**Restricted Access**
__inscription code 73923459____ACCESS DENIED*

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-254
**Restricted Access**
__inscription code 73308589____ACCESS DENIED*

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Elite report
Entry 1-00-254
**Restricted Access**
__inscription code 739967889____ACCESS DENIED*
***Emergency erase protocol enabled***

***Data erase…..***
***Log erase….***
***Emergency data retrieval protocol erase…..***
***All system reboot in progress….***
Reboot completed…

Captains log
USS Vigilant
Entry 0-00-001
**Restricted Access**
Welcome Captain…

“This is bullshit sir a buck sergeant got promoted over me!” Staff Sergeant Brown threw a weight against the wall. A loud bang rang out as the wall scored a new dent in it.

Major Cross didn't even flinch continuing to tap away on his keyboard. “Why do you think you should be promoted? He's a good leader and passed everything thrown at him.”

“Why? Every God damn ODST did their time. Army Rangers, MARSOC, SEALS or TACP. He waltzes in and becomes an ODST like that? Our youngest recruits used to be 25!”

Major Cross waved a hand at the NCO. He wasn't bothered by that at all by the untraditional recruitment. “A Hollywood ODST is a new breed. The ODSTs need fresh blood. We're still barely able to keep our numbers up with this new recruitment method. There's also no proof the Hollywood ODSTs have lowered the bar aside from combat experience.”

Staff Sergeant Brown was flustered and threw another weight in anger before speaking. “He's 24 in a E-7 slot even in special forces that's literally impossible. He doesn't meet the time in grade or time in service! The average is 32 years old to be an E-7. I know Army Sergeants older than him!”

Major Cross crossed his arms and finally looked up from his screen. “Ah yes… you're right I didn't think about that. Unless of course, their time in service and in grade were waived.” Staff Sergeant Brown's face spoke it all. Pure confusion and curiosity. Major Cross stood up and looked out the window.

“Hollywood ODSTs have been implemented in a small scale. They go to units that need men but have enough experienced men to outweigh the inexperience of their fellows. High Command has ordered these new ODST recruitment methods to be created and we obliged. If this goes on well…. The UNSC found the solution to our manpower problem and the Corp is saved” Major Cross looked out into space viewing a star's solar flares.

“However if they were to be shown without a shadow of a doubt incapable of completing their duties… well all Hollywood ODSTs would be reassigned to those units you mentioned earlier and lose their “drop” status. The Gunnery Sergeant slot you desire is to be in charge of 80 Hollywood ODSTs being sent on a suicide mission. Task Force 2775 will go to “The Lost Colonies” Captain Stone fresh out of ROTC and drop school. Gunnery Sergeant Chambers who has received zero training in Platoon Leadership will also be their acting First Sergeant.” Major Cross turned to Staff Sergeant Brown a glimmer of malice on his face.

“Make no mistake I hate these new ODSTs. They didn't spend 5 years dragging their face in the mud like I did. Unlike you, I have a plan”

“What if they pull it off and complete the mission?”

“Then I put the right man in the job and proved the viability of Hollywood ODSTs. Either way, I come out on top. I always come out on top”

Dutch2775 Dutch2775
If this bit of lore is disagreeable tell me and I will remove it. I just wanted to establish some "side objectives" that'll give a pressing issue your character wants to resolve. I had plans to do a lore piece like this for every character.

Cheers TLA

Troop Requisition
Captain Stone,

I understand you are authorized 120 men and currently have 80. I will send a few soldiers to fill out some of the missing members you have on your roster. I expect my men will die on missions and understand injuries are unavoidable. I ask you do your best to keep them alive. I sent you my finest sniper.

I expect your roster will go down as time goes on. If it does, the 62nd will do our best to play our part. I know interbranch rivalry plays a hand in politics, but those Ranger boys aren't half bad.

Best regards,

General Kelly

"DOGS OF WAR"

62nd Marines

***MISSION LOG***
**Charlie Squad**
Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Jay
code ___234976
-MISSION 001-
We were given orders to rescue some civilian village from an erupted volcano. We were given four pelicans and were told to grab as many if not all that we can. As this being my first squad and official mission I was going to make sure everything went right. However the Captain blindsided us with having to babysit his pet covenant dog. At first the Elite wasn’t welcomed in the squad. Though he didn’t say much either. To be truthfully honest he terrified us. We all were checking our six and always looking over our shoulder In the hanger bay as we prepared the pelicans for the mission. He didn’t say a word.
As we began our mission and loaded the first of the civilians. Many were afraid of him but after some assurance he got them onboard. Surprisingly he followed orders to the letter.
The last run we had some difficulty the wind had shifted and the volcanic ash began to disrupt the engines of the pelicans. Then all of a sudden one of the birds got hit with a rock blasted from the volcano. It gave out a mayday but it was going to be too dangerous to land and pick up any survivors. We tried to get radio contact but could not reach them after they went down. The Elite however before I knew it opened the drop doors and jumped out of the pelican.
“I’ll get them you head on back.” Were the only words he said the entire mission over the comms. An hour later we get word from the pilot from the downed pelican saying they were all safe and accounted for and ready for extraction. Some how that elite saved all of those civilians and marines. We all started to treat him differently that day.

***MISSION LOG***
**Charlie Squad**
code ___234976
-MISSION 007-
Mission 007 was a hard one. Fighting guerilla fighters in one of the colonies wasn’t easy at all. The fighting was thick and heavy. We were pinned down in multiple situations. Somehow, we made it through but at a cost. We lost Private Rogers and Sargent Hill in the fighting. We started building a reputation among the ship now. We were nicknamed the traitor squad. It seemed other sailors were not fond of our new squad mate. And he was worthy to be called that among my squad. After six other successful missions, he had earned his place among our little family. The sailors seemed to blame him for any lives lost. I excused myself from the officers table just the other day when they talked negatively about Sval. That was his name.

***MISSION LOG***
**Charlie Squad**
code ___234976
-MISSION 012-
We got our replacements today right in time for another mission. Though we had an incident with one of the marines getting freaked out about Sval. Apparently the replacement was a survivor from Reach after the covenant glassed the planet. After talking with the marine I found out that he lost two friends and a brother because of the glassing. I convinced him that Sval was different. Though I fear the marine didn’t really get the message. Our mission was to stop an insurrection movement that started on one of the colonies. We were to drop in and kill or capture the leader. The mission went smoothly no casualties.

***MISSION LOG***
**Charlie Squad**
code ___234976
-INCIDENT REPORT-
There was an incident today. The new replacement attacked Sval at the firing range. In self defense Sval smashed the replacements head into a wall. I have never seen so much blood. Sval is in the med bay and I am stuck writing the incident report. Man, this sucks. I feel bad for the Captain he is the one that has to write the letter to the marines family.

***MISSION LOG***
**Charlie Squad**
code ___234976
-END REPORT-
The captain took Sval from our squad now. He says that there is a special mission for him, but I think the Captain just wants to avoid another incident with the last replacement. It is also hard to have hope right now. We received word that we are all that is left of the fleet. I hope we can last the year.

Monthly Report
*TOP SECRET*

Dear, Rear Admiral Thorne

I hope you are adjusting well to your new position. Many as I'm sure you know believe this promotion was undeserved. I will be honest with you it was. I picked you because you were the most expendable officer I had. I know you will do your best, and I commend your sacrifice.

Admiral Cole expects you to open the Equitor Corridor. You will open that corridor any way you desire. Diplomacy, battle or infiltration High command cares not. There's dozen of planets out there that could help change the tide in the extinction of humanity.

You are authorized MAC blasts at any planet. You are authorized the use of SHIVA nukes as you see fit. The rules of war do not apply to you. Civilians are to be seen as assets to win the war effort but not priority.

You can request additional supplies. I'll tell you right now. Untrained Army Divisions are the best you'll get. I'm not convinced there's any value in these "Lost Colonies". At best, it'll give us new population pools to recruit from.

I think you were a magnificent fighter commander on board a carrier as an Executive Officer. I don't believe you will do well as a fleet commander. Fortunately, I was able to talk Admiral Cole out of sending you cruisers and such.

Regards,

3rd Fleet

Admiral David

Admiral David,

I thank you for your confidence. I will be sure to do what I can from the resources I have. I was notified however that I will be

supervising and was told by High command that I was to have USS Vigilant and USS Safe Haven added to my fleet Once I

enter the system of the Equitor Corridor. I have already received reports from the ship captains about their current

engagements. And the reports were supposedly sent to them about my new command. I just want to be sure that these

much-needed vessels will be in the system. I would hate to have received false information. I like to know all of my recourses

available to me. I also made some arrangement for new supplies for these two ships.

Regards,

7th Fleet

Admiral Thorne

_______

Admiral Thorne,

I care little for the wrecks you find in "The Lost Colonies". I currently have more pressing matters in the ongoing conflict. Admiral Cole's standing orders are everything in your AO is under your command aside from the supplies you send home.

Your request for supplies days into your command. Admiral Cole's fleet is repairing and resupplying for the next 3 months. He is priority. Send your exact requests, I will see if we can spare anything. I currently cannot imagine what you might need. You have almost half a dozen Divisions under your command. 8 Frigates and over half a thousand of our top tier operators. You would need to show drastic results to recieve anything outside of small arms which you have plenty of.

Best,

3rd Fleet

Admiral David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back