• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of Raeligard

geega-indie-virtual-youtuber-drawn-by-wakahiko-sample-46057d5b0fbfa89fed4b445f2bc8faa8pp.jpg

Lucia Corinna Edelgarde

Lucia glanced at the snake girl, and more specifically her injury as she asked her question. Truly, the aristocrat was torn. On the one hand, she wanted to get the hell out of this horrid place as soon as possible. However, the potential for an actual quest left her intrigued. This farce didn't fool the Caskarieth nor did it impress her. She surmised it was just a way of humbling the rookies; warning them to not get too big for their britches. However, Lucia would cast significant doubt on anyone who looked her in the eye and told her that much of the guild was eager for this assignment. No, undoubtedly, it was in part to break in the noobies and also because, ironically to the mission's purpose, no guild member in their right mind couldn't think of tens of other things to do more befitting of their time. Lucia certainly couldn't blame the thought process. An adventurer's life was hardly meant for custodial duties. So, either this new development was part of the guild's plan of breaking in the rookies as well, or this was unforeseen and a lucky break, depending on how one looked at it.

"I'm not all that worried about the prospect of the dogs posing too much of a threat. Though it may have been glossed over, this is a platoon of warriors and rogues," She stated, still irked at being given such an assignment.

Lucia approached the maw of the funnel and bending slightly to peer down it, then glancing back at the two. True, Thea was less than optimal in these spaces and served as more of a bulwark than anything. Hyss was suitable, though she was with an injury and in these conditions, infection was a decent chance. Still, in the case that there was something more going on here, Lucia didn't want to risk the chance of whatever it was dissipating.

"...We agreed to work as a team. Though I would prefer to trek on, at least enough to see why there was a pack of dogs down her, I agree that your utility is limited and Ms. Maliss is injured. The gash doesn't appear that large, but infection is a greater threat, I think." Looking to Hyss, it was one for proceeding and one for at least a momentary fall-back.

Interaction: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Thea Schuerer

Shaking her head at that Thea speaks. "We were a platoon, but even then, I question some we have with us being effective. Right now, we are scattered three-to-four-man groups. Relying on our weight of numbers isn't the smartest of bets to make till we've reached the rest... That being said I am loath to letting this lead grow cold, but I am equally as loath to break our path of finding a way out of here."

First things first, reaching into her bag, Thea pulls out some medical supplies, ointment, bandages and a jar of alcohol. "Hyss, come over here for me to tend you or you tend yourself." Letting her sword rest against herself, removes the silk from her bag and runs it down the sword blade with her right hand, bit by bit. "We could all go through there and see what is on the other side or continue back to what I believe is another team, but no splitting up. Hyss can you continue on through all that?"

"If we do this, I don't expect more dogs, but we need to be sure this is what we want to do. If we go, we all go, and I can split the silk to mark both ends of where we left. If we leave, we make at a partial run and try to find Gaius or Falco and their team. If we chase them, they may already be on the move, and we could be late to the party. On the other hand, we can go through that tunnel and see where it ends up, but for all we know it's just more maze waiting. There will be no splitting up we will stay together."

Turning to look at Hyss to be sure that going after the other team is what she wanted to do, Thea holds out the medical supplies to see if the other was up to the crawl or rather continue after the fleeing dogs as she offers to tend the wound.

Interactions: Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia)

Last edited:

What a joke this was. What a joy.

I can think of a million ways to spend my time, the stranger thought, grinning madly as the golden boy slid toward him. Playing fetch with his dogs. Tossin' knives at the rats and vermin. Playing 'guess that smell' every time a tide of fresh sewage flowed down from above. He had come up with quite a few games to keep himself and his boys amused while waiting down here. But this... this is something special. My only regret is that I've got 'em all to myself. Sorry, fellas.

Time seemed to slow as 'Razul' moved in. Is that what they called him? Curse your parents, kid. You were screwed from the start, the man thought as his crossed blades began to part, reflexively. The boy seemed awfully fond of that stupid cloak. A true one-trick pony. Meanwhile, in the corner of his eye, he spied the spear-wielder. Tiny still thinks she's got a chance, eh? Okay, girlie, take the bait.

He stepped into Razul's attack, shortening the distance. Somewhere beyond the boy, he glimpsed the fox nocking an arrow before the caped buffoon blocked his view and her line of fire. If she's smart, she'll aim for legs or center mass. You might be about to take an arrow in the spine, kiddo, the stranger thought as he turned to the right, narrowing his cross section in case the archer somehow missed the Golden Boy. This also turned him toward the spear girl, whom he was still tracking in his peripheral vision, and put his back to the white-haired one. He's awfully slow to react. I'll be a good sport and give him my backside, hahaha. C'mon, boy, grow some balls and join the fun!

"Let me guess... Kriegslowen," the stranger sneered as he twisted aside, contorting his neck and upper body to avoid Razul's strike at his throat. At the same time, he heard the familiar 'fwip' of an arrow sailing past his head, grazing his ear. "You call this bullshit teamwork!" He allowed his momentum to carry him around and down, like a falling windmill, which simultaneously brought him under Razul's missed strike and over Cressey's spear. The spin maneuver ended with him landing on her spear's shaft in a low crouch, capturing the weapon under the weight of his boot, while simultaneously throwing one of his twin swords at Razul, to keep him at bay... but the boy was not his true target. The deadly curved blade spun past him like a deadly boomerang, headed toward the fox.

The white-haired one must have seen what he thought was an opening, because he decided now would be a good time to rush in with his twin daggers. "Don't blame me. I was just mindin' my own business," the stranger growled as he slashed at the boy's belly for the second time today. Predictably, Falco narrowly dodged the strike and dove inside the stranger's arc to slash at his crouching enemy. Laughing, the man quickly rose, absorbing the blow to his chest. But Falco's daggers harmlessly glanced off of his scale mail and the boy received a rising elbow to the jaw for his efforts. The way Falco's body crumpled to the ground, he nearly appeared to be dead for a moment. If not for the sounds of him coughing and wheezing as he struggled to get to his feet, his friends might have thought he was.

"Blame whomever sent you here. Blame yourselves for not turning back. Blame your lack of training, lack of skills," the assassin said as he kicked the spear aside, without knowing or caring if it was still in the girl's hands, and rapidly fired off one of the daggers on his bandolier. The man's hands were lightning quick as he threw the poisoned blade at Razul, before rushing at him, low and fast as the night's last shadows chasing the rising sun. His steps were swift as the beating of a hummingbird's wings. And, even with only one sword, his blade lashed out like a bolt of lightning, ready to disembowel the boy and slice through that stupid cape. "Last one alive, blame the guild for gettin' your friends killed today!"

Interaction(s): King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey) / AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul) / Topless Topless (Sakura)

Razul.png

Scene 12: Timeout, Please!
Synopsis:
Razul Dazzle's battle against the mysterious foe is going... less than stellar...
Additional Cast: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco) Topless Topless (Sakura) King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey)

9c803423466ea31173c08c539110780e.jpg
Whatever Razul expected the man to do, it wasn't to expertly dodge both his and Cressey's attacks like a windmill. Finally, there was a break of composure in his firm grin: a momentary twitch once he finally realized that this supposed tester from the guild was... peculiar. He peddled backward, instinctively swinging his sword to block the thrown sword which he thought was aimed at him, but instead danced around and towards Sakura—unknown to Razul. What in the world is with this guy?!

Razul continued watching how one strike from him caused the thief Falco to crumple to the ground in agony, and how effortlessly he kicked Cressey away. The 'hero' could only recall how he swore to protect them from harm's way. Now, the person who inflicted said harm marched towards him.

One flicked of Razul's sword, and it barely managed to hit the dagger across with a metal clatter. Still amazing, Razul! he thought with a grin—unfortunately in the worst timing possible. He saw the stranger's weapon tower over him, only beginning to backpedal and raise his sword defensively. All of his actions came far too late.

The stranger's blade overpowered Razul's own sword, hammering straight down and sending the boy backward on his bottom. His sword bounced off to the side, slathering in the sewage. At first, Razul thought that was all it was; up until he felt air rush through a tear in his clothing—and the wrap. He blanched more at that fact rather than the warm moistness that permeated as a crimson red around the cut. He didn't know how far it dug in.

Scooting away as far as he could (which wasn't a lot), Razul raised an empty hand out at their opponent as he kept the other palm over the cut as to keep everything together. "Timeout! Timeout!" His voice trembled then, now sounding oddly... feminine? Or perhaps that's just how he sounded while showing genuine fear this time around... "A-Aren't you too rough to be the one testing us? S-Surely the initiation shouldn't be like this...!"

Hysydice "Hyss" Maliss
hysface-png.936851

Currently: About to investigate, maybe..
Thinking: "I'm fine, I'm fine, I can do this."

Interacting: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen
Mentions:

"I am equally loathe to lose the lead, but this tunnel isn't going anywhere.. presumably," Hyss commented. "Hm?" She glanced at her shoulder, then back at Thea. While it felt odd to be fawned over like this, the girl saw it was prudent to treat her wound. Infection, as Lucia pointed out, was a huge risk. There was no reason to be foolish.

"Very well," she said, walking to Thea's side and presenting her shoulder. Hyss was not the overly proud type to rashly hinder her own self. While she endured any stinging sensations from Thea's treatment, the snake girl suggested, "I can investigate the tunnel for a distance, if you two so desire. As you pointed out, I am quite capable of fitting. This injury isn't enough for me to be out of commission just yet. I know we said no splitting up, but I am quick, and I won't go far, and if it's a straight tunnel it isn't like I can get lost. This is my area of expertise: sneaking and investigating. Or not and just return to the others as a group."

Gaius Karlings Kampfer
With: @ AI10100 AI10100 (Thal) and @ Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Risax)
GM Interaction: @ AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Cephilia), @ Reinhardt Reinhardt .

The last of the dogs was dispatched in brutal fashion by the large Ovil-ken, Gaius was certain he was not needed by Thal but he'd be damned if he left him to his own devices. With a sigh Gaius sheathed his Jian and turned his attention to Risax who was busily wrapping up the remaining hound with his web despite his wounds. Behind him he heard Thal ask what they were going to do with the dog, which was a good question. "Well the plan was to meet up with Thea's team then wound and muz-"

"That's... not a rat," A familiar female voice spoke up from behind Gaius causing him a slight scare as he was in full explanation mode and had not heard the sound of Cephilia's heels approach. Before Gaius could even think of a snide rebuttal The Clockwork Witch continued, complementing the way the party had been handling the rats. A complement that Gaius felt the three had earned. "So, which of you is in charge? Status report. How goes the hunt? Any injuries, casualties, and where are the others?"

Gaius detected a slight change in tone from this question, it was curt and business like which seemed to just be how Cephilia was but there was the slightest bit of concern in the way she asked about injuries or casualties. "That would be me," Gaius answered as he gathered his thoughts about the questions individually. "First, The hunt is going well, our team is moving in parallel with Lady Schuerer's party catching anything that escapes her kill team, Team Falco's whereabouts are unknown, their team went in the opposite direction of us from the very start. We have also found the reason for the increase in rat activity topside; these hounds were chasing them before they attacked us. Based on their movement these dogs were trained and since you do not recognize them we can reasonably rule out that they are down by the guild's or city's design." Gaius took a pause to catch his breath a eye Risax's wound "Second, the health of the other teams is unknown, when last we saw Team Schuerer their party was in good health however based on our search patterns these hounds came from the direction I believe they are in. As for us Thal and I are unharmed but Risax received a scratch from one of the hounds but he claims he's fine."

Satisfied with his report Gaius turned his attention back to the hound and then down the tunnel "I was planning on trying to regroup with lady Schuerer's team then use that hound to find it's masters and if we determined them a threat, well we'd burn that bridge when we got there."

Thea Schuerer

"Huh.." Something didn't seem quite right about the skin of Hyss from this close up, but with her armored and gloved hands she couldn't feel the difference in texture and now was hardly the time to be focusing on it as she listened to what Hyss had to say next, giving a shake of her head. "No deal on that. We won't be sending or leaving one behind, for all we know this might just open up into a bloody drop off. Though unlikely from the dogs."

Thinking on the matter some more, two of her team wished to continue and while she thought differently, she did not want the team splitting up more as she does the finishing touches to Hyss's shoulder wound. "Alright. We all go and as strange as it may sound, I'll go first. Don't want to accidently poke one of you with my Zweihander. Plus I can use it as a makeshift spear. I also actually have armor unlike you two and can maybe survive whatever may be waiting, if anything." She says with some reasoning before doing something a bit morbid as she cuts the spider silk cloth in half, pouring a little of her lamp oil onto it and setting it ablaze at the entrance, grabbing the dogs one by one from the hind legs she drags them towards the entrance of the hole they planned to take, arranging them into a pointed arrow showing the way with the burning fire next to it, allowing the others to help if they caught on or realized what she was doing.

"Alright, let's go." Turning out her Lantern for the time being, Thea beckons the other two towards her. With that she moves her sword ahead and crawls with her arms, vanishing into what she assumed was a storm drain, the path wasn't as far as she expected at least and it was a bit too cramped for her liking, but she made it through. Thinking on the other teams, it would be impossible for the Spider to follow and likely the Ovil-ken as well, hopefully it would give them some signs on where to go next. Emerging out into a central room there were channels for taking on water among other things with a causeway bridge with more dim orange rooms beyond.

Exhaling a sigh of relief, the tall woman finally gets to her feet, sword picked up off the ground with no threats around as she awaited the other two, straining her ears she heard the sounds of battle not too far away from where they were as she decides the next course of action, speaking in a hushed tone for the others.

"Sounds of battle, steel on steel.. We must go at all speed to help our allies." Waiting for the other two to make sense of the situation, Thea was in a runner's stance, intending to move as soon as the others said their peace or noticed the conflict in the near distance across the bridge, dropping the 2nd half of the silk right where they had come out.

Interactions: Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia)

Last edited:
Cressey
Current Location: Sewer

That's...impossible.
That was the only thought to cross Cressey's panicked mind, seeing the anomaly before her.
Her execution was flawless, a textbook high-to-low feint.

Her speed was impeccable, she'd flanked to the bandit's rear faster than he could possibly follow.
Her timing was perfect, her attack falling alongside Razul's and Falco's in concert.
But still, before her, she found her spear cutting through the empty air.
It didn't seem real to her at first, some horrid hallucination brought on from inhaling too much of the sewer vapors.
Reality was quick to prove otherwise, crashing down atop her lance in the form of the man's boot, forcing her down to her knees, her spear now pinned to the floor.

She struggled valiantly to free her lance form the man's grip, but it was to no avail, and soon, the man's other foot came around again, launching the spear from her grasp with a kick to it's shaft, sending it tumbling away, a familiar, heartbreaking sound ringing out within the tunnel, echoing within Cressey's ears, as it struck the ground, leaving her alone,
Defenseless,
Hopeless.

For a brief moment, she was back in that infernal, gilded courtyard of polished stone and iron.
She could still feel the cold edge of the rapier held at her throat, the sting from the numerous cuts she'd failed to avoid, the weightlessness in her hand where her lance had been mere moments before.
But most of all, she could feel his eyes boring down on her from atop the stands, his shame, his disappointment.
It wasn't fair.
She'd worked so hard, trained every day until her hands bled.
So why?
Why did this keep happening to her?
Was it a curse?
Was it simply not her time?
Or was it that everyone was right; she was just a stupid, child, incapable of anything but running away from her problems.
And now, because she was too weak, too foolish, and too incompetent to stop it, she was going to watch all of her newfound friends die in a filthy hole full of human sewage.

The thought was sickening to her, her knees felt ready to give out from beneath her, she felt like she was on the verge of collapsing.
Razul's pained voice rang out across the tunnel, pulling Cressey's attention from the murky, blurred reflection she found herself staring into.
She could see him, prone on the ground, panic in his eyes, blood blossoming from a cut on his side.
Perhaps it was anger from seeing the boy's spilled blood, or maybe it was her own selfish pride, unable to accept the humiliation of defeat.
Or maybe it was just pure desperation in the face of inevitable oblivion.
But something willed strength into her legs, forced her to throw herself forward with a furious, feral battlecry; a promise that if she was going down, she was going to fight him every step of the way, and she would make damn sure he suffered for it.
Form, tactics, poise, even her dignity were forgotten in the heat of the moment, she acted only on feral impulse, clambering onto the man's back from behind, her right arm wrapped around the man's neck, holding fast with an unshakable deathgrip, while her left, flew directly towards his face, her steel-clad index and middle fingers hooking into his eye socket, spitefully crushing his eyeball into his skull with savage, wanton force.
She grit her teeth, digging into the man with all of the strength and hatred she could hold, pressing just close enough to where he wouldn't be able to a proper swing at her with his blades, forcing his head to hold still between her arms.
"Razul, Sakura!" She cried out, the still sober voice dwelling in the back of her brain telling her that if there was any chance that had of surviving, it would be now.
"Hurry! Take the shot!"

Interacting:
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco/Murderhobo)
Topless Topless (Sakura)
AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul)

Risax
interaction: AI10100 AI10100 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Kenshin772 Kenshin772
With the dog firmly secured by Risax the slightly wounded beastfolk felt rather proud of himself everything been going rather well. That’s when a new voice perked up mention that what they had wasn’t a rat turning around to face them it was actually Cephilia the woman who was the “Clockwork witch” though Risax wondered what made her come down here perhaps they where taking too long? but Risax did frown a bit crossing his arms a bit when he was sorta separated form the others as a “spider” puffing his cheeks out with a bit of an annoyed huff. “Yeah the sealing thing was an idea of mine.. glad it helped you find us seems we have stumbled Into a way more complicated situation then we thought but err yeah I’m just a little scratch not too much to worry about rat hunts been going well“ Risax explained however Gaius took the lead to explain the rest of the situation so he didn’t need too much more imput. “It’s just a couple of searches seriously I’m ok they arn’t even that deep” Risax said reassuringly.

Thalgrukh
Interacting with: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Risax) Kenshin772 Kenshin772 (Gaius) AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Cephilia)
Mentions:

Gaius was explaining their next move when someone else had come into the fray. For a moment, he tensed up, thinking it may have been the owner of the dogs. However, upon seeing Cephilia, he immediately relaxed. He nodded in gratitude to her compliment. It was nice to get recognition for their efforts. She asked for the leader of their group and he looked over to Gaius who immediately took charge to answer her questions. Thal looked over to the struggling dog that was now completely in the cocoon. Risax had also reassured them that he was completely fine. "We should still get it checked after. We aren't exactly in the most... sterile of conditions." Thal pointed out as he gestured towards the sewer waters. And literally everything else really.

"This rat search has gone into another direction, that's for sure." He mentioned almost jokingly as he looked back to where Thea and her group had gone to. They were far enough that they couldn't hear anything from their group— fighting or otherwise. It would have been odd if the dogs had just skipped them and headed to their group when they were this aggressive. Then again, the dogs might have originated from a point that the other group had already passed. "Hopefully, the others haven't encountered whoever owned these mutts yet. I doubt he'd take it well if someone came up to his little lair all of a sudden." They didn't know where the other group was but he was hoping that they weren't in trouble.

"Also, was there a problem back at the guild?" He couldn't help but ask. "... hm, or were we taking too long?" Could it be that one of them had used those emergency signals to call their superiors down to the sewers?

Sakuranbo Suzui
The arrow missed it's target, much to Sakura's disappointment. She thought she had it if it weren't for Razul swinging his cape around as he went on to attack the stranger. Regardless though, the stranger threw a curved blade like a boomerang heading for Sakura. Based on the trajectory, it is going for her head. Sakura immediately took notice of the blade when it was thrown. She turned to it, but it was already close that it seemed that it had got her.

However, rather than slicing her head off, Sakura caught the blade by her mouth, although it left some cuts on her mouth. Sakura thought it was over for her had her instincts not picked up. But it doesn't say the same to her companions as Falco got gutted and Cressey, out of rage, pinned the stranger to give Sakura an opportunity to finish him off. She readied another arrow, hopefully she could hit her mark. She pulled back the string and aimed for the stranger's eye right before she lets the arrow fly to it's target.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa King Crimson King Crimson

Hysydice "Hyss" Maliss
hysface-png.936851

Currently: Investigating
Thinking: "Gotta help out our allies; show them my strength!"

Interacting: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen
Mentions:

As if sensing Thea noticed her unusual skin, Hyss chuckled, "Man, that mutt had some sharp claws!" Without giving any further explanation for her unique skin, if Thea even wondered too much about it. There was a misconception about just how tough snake skin was. Even snake scales got cut up pretty bad by a predator's sharp claws. Not that Thea knew one way or another. After the wound was wrapped up, Hyss rolled her shoulder and was satisfied by the way it felt to move. There was a minor dull ache, but no longer was it held back by pain.

"That's not a problem, I have some rope," said the white-haired girl. No sudden drop would take her by surprise if she tied rope to her.

It seemed she hadn't needed to say anything at all. Thea had already made up her mind, and was well on her way to crawling through the tunnel on her tummy just like a snake or lizard or whatever would. It was a bit of a comical sight for the smol snake girl. Thea's stubbornness was displayed in full force here. "Well, will you look at that, the big woman fit after all," she commented dryly. Before hunkering down and following the knightess through the gloom.

Coming out on the other side, Hyss immediately heard the sounds of fighting. Thea was already on her way there, though the speedy snake was quickly on her heels in pursuit. "Aren't you assuming it's our allies?" Hyss pointed out. Sure, it was a strong guess, considering they were deep in the bowels of sewers. Who else would be down here? But the master of those mutts. The weirdo that person was. Huh, were they about to find and engage that person in a battle right away?? So they were, undoubtedly, an enemy!

geega-indie-virtual-youtuber-drawn-by-wakahiko-sample-46057d5b0fbfa89fed4b445f2bc8faa8pp.jpg

Lucia Corinna Edelgarde

"I was not referring to numbers so much as holding confidence in our capabilities." Surely each of them could hold their own to an extent, else why would they have been inducted into the guild.

Watching as the knight played nurse for a bit, Lucia gave a curt nod. Splitting up was a poor idea and sending Hyss defeated the purpose of the elf's wanting to continue. Sure, she wanted to keep on the trail of--whatever was going on here. However, she wanted to be participatory. Lucia would be damned if rat-killing was the main thing she did down here if there was something of actual importance.

Thankfully, the knight agreed to continue on the condition she act as a shield. Lucia accepted this, though with her range, she would be unable to assist were anything to catch them in the tunnel. Then again, she could do little either with how tiny it was. The elf may have laughed at Hys' comments were the overall fumes of the place not so repugnant. Thankfully, they made it through the tunnel with no incident and came to a more open area.

Echoes reverberated as they entered the clearing, and the knightess was the first to comment on this. Lucia followed with a smile on her face. "Whatever it may be, it certainly isn't the sound of rodents. Bandit, ruffian, thief... all greater game!"

Interactios: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Due to her many years as an adventurer, as well as a noblewoman, Cephilia had developed an eye for identifying who was in charge in any given situation. Someone always was, whether they admitted it or not. Before any of the new recruits said a word, she already had an idea who the leader of this trio probably was. Unsurprisingly, Gaius Kampfer accepted the role and began delivering his status report, with no objections from his two companions. Likewise, it came as no surpirse when he informer her another party was led by miss Schuerer and.... Falco? No, no, no, she must have misheard that last part...

As he spoke, Cephilia knelt to inspect the still-warm corpse of one of the three hounds, offering a slight nod to let him know she was still listening and to not stop on her behalf. She agreed with his assessment that these were trained animals. Although the hounds were not wearing collars, there was evidence of slight chafing around their necks, suggesting they probably had them at one time, but were removed before this attack. Their claws were also maintained; kept sharp, but not allowed to grow out of control. While beasts were certainly not Cephilia's area of expertise, even she could see somoene raised these creatures to do what they do... and would be furious to see them now. Gaius and Thal both seemed to be like-minded on that matter.

After the mention of RIsax's injuries, Cephilia stood and refocused her attention on the three of them. "If they're just scratches, we shall proceed. But please speak up if anything feels out-of sorts," she said to the arachnid, who was still clutching the captive hound. With a small sigh, Cephilia added, "Unfortunately, in my haste, I did not gather any first aid supplies. Even this sword and my arcanizer are just my 'around town' gear and I haven't given either a full inspection, like I would before a proper quest." She held up her right arm, displaying the ornate gilded arcanizer on her wrist and its three zauberites -- one ruby, one lapis, and one jade. It was mostly for ornamentation and didn't even possess the empty slots to affix more. She had no idea how many charges remained in these stones. "Nevertheless, this loadout should be sufficient for some basic healing, if it comes to that.... But, surely, it won't come to that, right?"

Without delay, Cephilia began to walk in the direction the hounds appeared to have come from, but gestured for Gaius to take the lead, as he probably knew the position of Schuerer's party better than she did. "To your question," Cephilia said to Thal, "you aren't taking too long at all. Do you honestly think me so impatient?" she teased. "Things have changed. Our map of the sewers is missing. It could be nothing, but, with the arrival of these creatures, I don't think it's a coincidence. And I am sorry to report there's no precedent for this. Our new mission is to gather your companions and get out of here. We'll start with the Schuerer girl, as she is likely the closest, then we'll search for Cauphix and whoever was foolish enough to join him."

Interaction(s): Kenshin772 Kenshin772 (Gaius) / AI10100 AI10100 (Thal) / Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Risax)

Still got all my teeth. Jaw's not broken. Legs still work, Falco thought, taking a long, ragged breath as he struggled to stand, fighting off the fuzzy sensation in his skull where his brain used to be. The man had rung his bell pretty damn hard, but he was still conscious, still ready to go.

"This is great! Not everyday I get to throw a fucking sword AND see a bitch catch it! Definitely a breeder, that one! Hahahahaha!" the stranger gloated.

Glad you're impressed, asshole, Falco thought as he readied his stance.

His blood boiled every time this dickhead opened his mouth. How could anyone be this skilled? This good? Had to be magic, right? Had to be a trick, an illusion, luck? Falco was no stranger to a good ass-whuppin. For someone so young, he'd woken up in too many alleys, be it from the booze, the brawls, or both. The times he could actually remember what happened, he usually saw a way out. 'I could've won if I ducked that last punch instead of trying to sidestep it.' 'I could've won if I jumped instead of going low.' He saw options. He saw a path to victory. Every loss was a lesson he would use to do better next time.

But he couldn't see that now. Every path he thought he saw ended in a dead end. A cold fist embraced his heart as he came to the grim realization that there might not be a next time. He wouldn't get to make fun of Cressey ever again, or trade insults with Razul, and, dammit, he should have stroked that tail when he had the chance. The thunderous clang of Cressey's spear hitting the floor snapped him back to reality. As Razul begged for his life, Falco felt numb, weightless, thinking this might be the boy's last words. All he could feel were his hands gripping his daggers as if his life depended on them. Because it did.

Fuck the path. Fuck waiting for an opening. Just go. Do or die. One foot, then the other. Falco was moving before he even knew what was happening or what he was doing. Just get there. Whatever happens, happens.

Funny. The old Falco would have ran away by now. Heh, I guess this guild thing is working...

Cressey launched herself onto the man's back and clawed at his face. Heh, stole my idea, Falco thought. He planned to go high and do the same, but quickly readjusted. He dropped to his knees and slid through the muck, slashing the man's right ankle as he passed by. Falco couldn't tell if he caught flesh or just the tough leather of his boots, but the man's leg reflexively pulled back. If nothing else, he at least felt it. The merc's arms flailed wildly as he tried to slash at the girl on his back, but her position and small size worked to her advantage.

Falco twisted, preparing to double back for a second strike, but quickly dropped to the floor when he heard Cressey order Sakura to fire. He rapidly flicked off two throwing knives at the man, one of which harmlessly pinged off of his armor, but the other sank into the merc's right armpit, causing him to growl in pain and nearly lose grip of his sword. Finally! Falco thought, proud of this small victory, even if it was mostly dumb luck. The flailing merc threw his head back to strike at Cressey, like a reverse headbutt, an obvious act of desperation. He got in one decent hit, but on his second attempt, as he threw his head back, Sakura's arrow struck his jaw. The projectile embedded itself in his skull, with the shaft and fletching still poking from beneath his chin.

The merc's wild flailing began to slow. He drunkenly shuffled backwards for a few steps before his arms fell limp at his sides and his sword clattered to the floor. He remained that way for a few tense seconds, his head locked in the position it had been in when the arrow struck him, vacant eyes staring at the ceiling.

"You ain't dead! Quit fucking around!" Falco said as he got to his feet and positioned himself between the man and Razul. Surely, that couldn't be it, right? After all their struggling and his gloating, he couldn't just die quietly, could he? "C'mon, you son of a bitch! Say something. Draw one of those fucking daggers, and- OH SHIT! CRESSEY!" he said as the man --or the corpse, rather-- began to topple over backwards. Falco grabbed the man's shirt to try to avoid him falling atop Cressey, but that only resulted in the merc's knees giving out. The mighty warrior who had struck so much fear into them moments ago crumpled to the floor like a sack of potatoes as Falco stared wide-eyed.

After the initial shock wore off, Falco's typical grin returned. His shoulders sank and all of the tension seemed to leave his body. "I... I knew we'd beat him," Falco said, forcing himself to chuckle. "I mean, I knew I'd beat him. I had some doubts about you guys, though."

Interaction(s): King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey) / AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul) / Topless Topless (Sakura)

Last edited:
Cressey
Current Location: Deep Sewer

Don't let go.
Just don't let go.

Cressey repeated to herself.
It was the only thing she allowed herself to think, knowing that a single lapse in her concentration would be her end.
Dimly, she was aware of the man's flailing through the haze of pain and anger that clouded her mind; she could feel his blade swinging closer and closer, hear him roaring out in frenzied rage as he desperately fought to throw her off.
The man abruptly jerked his head forward, nearly tearing it from her grasp, before catapulting his head back, sending it crashing right into her nose.
Her head went reeling back, stars exploded in her eyes, and the copper scent of blood filled her senses.
But still, she refused to let go, repeating her mantra to herself as she redoubled her efforts, tightening her grip on his neck, and digging in deeper into what was, at this point, a bloody crater of an eye.
She felt him jerk his head forwards again, and instinctively, she shut her eyes, bracing herself for another hit.
But it never came.
Instead she felt the sickening impact of something striking the man's head, and then, all of a sudden, stillness, and then, the world began to softly sway.
Cautiously, she opened her eyes, and immediately, she was greeted by the sight of a single wooden shaft, struck brutally through the bandit's jaw.
She was awestruck.
She'd had her fair share of fights, but never had she seen an actual death in battle, and never so close up.
It almost felt unreal, like some strange dream.
It wasn't until Falco called out to her that she snapped away from her half-conscious fugue, and, feeling the body she clung to slowly beginning to tip, she released her hold, allowing herself to gracelessly tumble onto the floor.
The bandit followed soon after, collapsing into a disheveled heap on the ground before her, like a puppet with it's strings cut.

Crawling a small ways away to put some distance between herself and the macabre scene, she looked up towards the concerned, silver-haired boy, and hesitantly replied, "I-I'm fine."
Or...she tried to. It was a bit difficult to make out with blood leaking from her nose like a broken sieve.
As any fair, well-to-do lady would, she wiped it off on the side of her glove.
"I'm fine," she repeated, a tad clearer now that the flow had been staunched.
With some effort, she rose back to her feet, the ground swaying unsteadily beneath her for few brief moments.
Once she was confident in her ability to remain upright, she trudged towards the side of the tunnel, where her spear lay, it's noble blue gleam disgracefully reflected in a small, shallow puddle of stagnant water.
It usually felt reassuring, it's weight in her hand.
But now, it only reminded her of the weightlessness she felt before; how easily she was disarmed, how close she had come to death.
She could dimly make out her reflection in it's azure sheen, see the bruise already forming across her face where the man's head had struck her.
She could also vaguely make out the moving figures of her comrades behind her, as well as the shape of the bandit at their center, still, unmoving.
Cressey couldn't help but turn around, as if to check to see if he would rise up once again.
His face was horrid, bloodied, an arrow's shaft crudely juxtaposed into a permanent, silent scream, yet in Cressey's eyes, she could swear she could see him laughing.
His remaining eye was glassy, lifeless, yet seemed to stare at her, transfixed.
She could almost hear his voice, taunting, mocking her.

"Th' fuck was that sad display? You call that shit lancin'?"
I was...I was caught off guard! You were a bit more than I was expecting!
"Excuses, excuses. You know you only won because you had help."
"He wouldn't have needed any help. He would've gut me with a flick of 'is wrist before I could blink."

I-I didn't need any help! I could have killed you just fine on my own!
"Bullshit. You'll never be half the fighter he is."
S-Shut up.
"You're an embarrassment."
"SHUT UP!!"

She hadn't realized she'd spoken her thoughts aloud, until she heard them reverberating off of the walls, and right back at her.
Coincidentally, her outburst seemed almost to be in response to Falco's jesting.
Which, for once, it wasn't.
"I-I--That wasn't--I was--" Cressey stammered, trying to find the proper words.
She wanted to explain herself, apologize, yet the words didn't come, her nerves were too frayed to get her thoughts in order.
Easy, girl. You're tired, concussed, arguing with a corpse... she chided herself, instead opting to let all of her stress go with a deep, protracted sigh, shoving her thoughts into the darker recesses of her mind where they belonged.
"Let's just move on..." she half-heartedly groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose in an attempt to assuage the throbbing pain in her temples.
"We've gotten more than what we came for, and I've long grown tired of this place."

Interacting:
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco)
Topless Topless (Sakura)
AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul)

Sakuranbo Suzui
It is over. The stranger that had put the party in quite a grueling struggle is now dead. Sakura had land the final blow on his jaw that it killed him, but not before his body fell on top of Cressey who was clinging onto him from behind. Poor girl would had a trauma attack afterwards until Falco pulled her off the corpse. It's obvious that this is the first time she had seen someone killed, by their own hands at that. Sakura on the other hand had grown used to killing...but not killing a human. But that stranger is scum. Sakura felt no pity towards him. To say that he'll make her a breeder for his dogs and calling her "bitch", a VERY racist term for beastkin, had made her blood boil.

She walked to his corpse, the blade still stuck in her mouth. She took the handle and pulled it out, winced by the pain in her jaws as blood spilled. "Who's the bitch now, dirtbag?" She coldly said before throwing the blade to the floor and shoot a bloodied spit on his dead face. She turns to her companions and said "We need to regroup with the others asap."

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa King Crimson King Crimson

Thea Schuerer
Grunting at the two with her, Thea tilts her head toward Lucia. "As she said, it is something more than rats. If it is not our allies, then whoever it is does not belong down here. We shall observe the situation and attack. Or demand they surrender and then attack. I assume there are rules to follow in this." Creasing her brow, Thea did not like this. Too little information was given, then again it wasn't like they expected dogs and worse things to be down here.

"Let's go!" With that Thea breaks into a run, her sword held by both hands alongside her and towards the rear, ready to strike out with it as she ran along with a strange gait. As they got closer her armor clanked about, echoing in the hall as the sound of battle died down and some screaming could be heard soon after, chiefly what sounded like "SHUT UP!", though Thea paid it little mind as she called out. "Friend or Foe?!"

Judging by the fact she hadn't been met with violence yet and that the trio had emerged under the dim lights, Thea took note of a body laying on the ground with an arrow in it's jaw, leading up to the skull.

"Falco? What happened here? Is he the one the dogs were with..." Though the last bit seemed to be her own ponderings rather than a question as she keeps her sword held in the same manner as during the run. If she could find this conflict, there was reason to expect others could as well.

EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco)

Razul.png

Scene 13: Victory!
Synopsis:
Razul Dazzle has achieved victory! Now, with a battered team, he leads them out of the sewers...
Additional Cast: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco) Topless Topless (Sakura) King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey)

9c803423466ea31173c08c539110780e.jpg
"Naturally, I'm fine, of course." In the moments following the man's death, Razul immediately returned to his feet, looking entirely unharmed, though he kept his arms over his chest area so much so that the only evidence of a cut was the loosened fabric just below the chin. The way he hunched over at each step, though, told a different story. He felt his hand soak over the shirt; he knew he needed medical aid, but there was far more at stake here than the wound.

"S-Stellar work from everybody." Razul tried not to look at the cadaver, simultaneously forcing down the sick sensation he got from the slash; at the same token, it only felt like his stomach came on the verge of bursting. Though he wore his usual grin and arrogance like a crown, the adrenaline was gradually wearing off. "Clearly this foe was no match for—"

"SHUT UP!!"

Razul stumbled on his feet, clenching his stomach when he collided against the wall. On impact, he winced and grit his teeth, forcing down a pained growl. The yell was in unison with Falco's babbling—maybe it was just a coincidence...

"Agreed…" Steadying his breath, the hero nodded. "We should leave." Razul hurried to the front, still clutching his chest where the man's sword cut through. Conveniently, his position only showed his backside to the others. Razul did, however, turn head to them with his shine and a wink. "I'll lead us out."

Here was hoping the wound wasn't any deep. The last thing he wanted was for them to treat it under the clothing...

Hysydice "Hyss" Maliss
hysface-png.936851

Currently: Meeting up with the others, concerned with what she sees.
Thinking: "Be careful.. Observe your surroundings.. This may not be it... Gosh, I hope they're alright. They look so beat up.."

Interacting: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Topless Topless King Crimson King Crimson AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Mentions:

The small hooded girl arrived on the site just behind Thea, peering around the knightess. Her sharp eyes took in the scene before her. First and foremost, she noticed their allies: Falco's group. But upon further scrutiny, there was a body laying in the center of the room in filth and muck. A river of blood coloring that grimy soup red. The trio looked worse for wear, too. Literally all three of them seemed out of sorts. Whether it was because they were injured -even if they might've been trying to hide it, for whatever reason, or because they were struggling with something else, it was evident that something had happened. Something traumatic that had severely disturbed them all to some extent.

Hyss had her weapon at the ready, but seeing the scene before her, she lowered her guard. The others may have been rattled and injured, but it seemed the issue at hand was resolved, if the dead body on the floor was any indicator. "So, was he the master of those dogs we fought?" She asked aloud. That's what she was assuming, but who could say? Perhaps he wasn't alone. "He could have accomplices," she commented, eyeing the area carefully. "Do we know what he was up to down here? Perhaps we should still be on our guard."

Falco's eyes widened when Cressey, rather loudly, demanded he shut up. The boy stared back at her, momentarily awed into silence, though she seemed just as surprised by her own outburst as he was. When she suggested, in a much calmer tone, that they move on and that she had grown tired of this place, he slowly nodded in agreement. Although Falco wanted to know where this guy had come from and put an end to whatever the hell he was doing down here, it was abundantly clear they were out of their depth and running into another like him would likely end in their deaths.

Meanwhile, Razul was on his feet, but didn't seem entirely okay, despite claiming otherwise. Cracks had been forming in his mask of false bravado throughout the day, just as Falco knew they would, but now it was blatantly obvious the boy was putting on an act. The delusion was breaking. A few minutes ago, Falco would've had a good laugh at this. Now, he just felt bad for even thinking about it and wondered if the wounds were to Razul's ego or his body.

"Y-you sure you okay, man?' Falco said, noting the way Razul seemed to be clutching his chest where the bandit had slashed his shirt. Sure, the sewer's fetid air carried a slight chill, but that was hardly any reason to be huddled up. Maybe he's worried about his faux-fancy clothes. Or, maybe he's from somewhere warm and can't handle a draft. I dunno, Falco thought with a shrug when his question was ignored. Everyone was tense right now, so he chose to let the issue drop, rather than risk another flare-up.

While all of this was going on, Sakura approached the corpse and paid her final disrespects to their slain assailant. During the battle --if it could even be called such a thing-- Falco hadn't put much thought into the man's words, including the vulgar things he called the fox girl and what he said he would do to her once her companions were out of the way. It was so comically evil, Falco assumed the man was joking or trying to enrage them. Now, as the adrenaline subsided and grim reality collapsed in upon them, Falco felt his stomach twist into knots as he realized the man's words may not have been empty threats.

He took a hesitant step toward Sakura and considered putting a hand on her shoulder, so she would know she's not alone or know at least one of them cared and understood. But he restrained himself. We're Kriegslowen now. Not a bunch of damn kids. We don't do hugs and pats on the back. We hunt monsters, of all kinds, and we fuck 'em up, he thought as he gazed down at the dead man. Yeah, this is what we do now. Fuck you. Fuck you, your stupid dogs, and everybody like you.

Again, he remembered the side passage he thought he had seen, moments before the man approached them. Why would he reveal himself here of all places? They had wandered these tunnels for hours and he clearly knew they were down here --all of them, not just the four he attacked-- so why here? Why now?

Falco wanted to continue. He wanted to walk to the spot on the wall, place his hand on the stone, and know if there really was something there or if he'd imagined it. If he were the same person he had been a few hours ago, he probably would have done so... thankfully, he never got the chance to do something so foolish. The sound of heavy footsteps and jangling armor reached his ears. Falco quickly turned toward the audible threat, with his daggers ready, but was relieved to hear a familiar voice:

"Friend or foe!?" Thea called out from the darkness. He should have replied, but instead Falco merely sighed and relaxed his stance, too exausted and overjoyed to even formulate words. He probably would've said something stupid anyway. The knight and her party soon arrived in their midst. "Falco? What happened here? Is he the one the dogs were with..." Thea asked.

"Dogs?" Falco said, a mixture of confusion and anger wrinkling his features.

"So, was he the master of those dogs we fought?" the smaller, hooded girl asked as she emerged from behind Thea. "He could have accomplices. Do we know what he was up to down here? Perhaps we should still be on our guard."

As the girls spoke, Falco appeared to be getting increasingly agitated. He sheathed his daggers and knelt to retrieve one of his throwing knives from the ground before moving to the corpse to get another. "We're fine by the way, thanks for asking. Nice to see you, too," he said as he angrily jerked it from the man's armpit, wiped it off on his torn shirt, and thrust it back into its hiding place, before standing to face Thea. "Hey, Legs, I understand you're doing the 'dutiful knight thing' or whatever, but would it kill ya to be a little more warm and fuzzy? Just for a sec? Ya might make a friend or two, you know," he said with a shrug, before quickly pivoting to Hyss.

"Yeah, he was their master. He wouldn't shut the fuck up about 'em while laughing at everything we did. It was like fighting a fart in the wind. We got lucky. Super lucky," he said, jabbing a thumb at the dead man. "So, pardon me if I'm a little pissed off that we nearly got bodied by a fucking hobo and all you guys got are-" he abruptly stopped when he noticed the bandages on Hyss's shoulder. "...dogs," he concluded, in a small voice. Nice job, asshole, Falco thought.

"I... umm... look it's been a long day for everyone, right, so how about we just get out of here," he said, unable to meet Hyss's eyes. His little rant hadn't been directed at her, but he still felt like a jerk. Change the subject, stupid! "Wow, you guys sure got here fast," he said, with a nervous laugh, anxiously running a hand through his messy hair. "D-did you find a shortcut or something?"

Interaction(s): King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey) / RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea) / AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / Topless Topless (Sakura) / EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia)

Last edited:
Gaius Karlings Kampfer
With: @ AI10100 AI10100 (Thal) and @ Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Risax)
GM Interaction: @ AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Cephilia), @ Reinhardt Reinhardt .

"Things have changed. Our map of the sewers is missing. It could be nothing, but, with the arrival of these creatures, I don't think it's a coincidence. And I am sorry to report there's no precedent for this. Our new mission is to gather your companions and get out of here. We'll start with the Schuerer girl, as she is likely the closest, then we'll search for Cauphix and whoever was foolish enough to join him."

Cephilia short briefing of the new situation came as no real surprise after the groups encounter with these guard dogs. The decision to collect the other teams and fall back was a sound one considering none of the recruits had their Arcanizers, himself included. A few doubts came to Gaius's mind however, Team Gaius had slain three of the intruder's hounds and the others had likely done the same if the Kriegslowen didn't move fast the intruders might escape after figuring out their dogs were killed. An even worse situation came to mind when the thought of where ever Falco's team was, if they stubbled across the intruders themselves with no help they could be in real danger, especially since the only one Gaius figured could handle themselves was the Fox Beastkin with the Bow.

After some self debate in his head Gaius spoke again "Alright then we should move fast, Thea's team should be just ahead of us down this tunnel here" Gaius raised his arm and gestured to the tunnel the hounds had come from "If you don't mind Lady Valdergeuse, I'd like to continue with our previous formation; I'll take to the front, Thal behind me, you behind him and Risax will bring up the rear." Without even waiting for her response Gaius turned and began moving down the tunnel once again drawing his Jian and holding it in a low ready. With one last thought before pushing on Gaius stopped at the mouth of the tunnel and turned to Risax "Risax if that hound becomes an issue to carry dump it. we don't need it's thrashing to throw off your aim with those Arbalest of yours"

Thalgrukh
Interacting with: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Risax) Kenshin772 Kenshin772 (Gaius) AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Cephilia)
Mentions:

Thal regarded Cephilia's Arcanizer with mild alarm, taking a small step backwards to create some distance. It was rather loaded too, but she was explaining how she hadn't been able to do a full check on it. He really should stop being so wary of Arcanizers— after all, it wouldn't be long until all of his teammates were wearing one and using magic left and right. Besides, Cephilia seemed responsible enough. It was fine. They were going to be fine.

Hoping that his reaction was either taken with a grain of salt or completely unnoticed, Thal listened to her explanation of why she had come down there in the first place. "Impatient? Not at all. Just worried we messed up." Thal responded truthfully. He was relieved that it wasn't because they were failing in any capacity, though was alarmed at the fact that someone else was most definitely lurking in the sewers and had the gall to steal from the guild itself. It would seem that they were being evacuated for now. Hopefully, if their companions did encounter anything else, they would have been able to retreat.

There was something in the back of Thal's mind that refused to allow Cephilia to be behind him but he shook it off rather quickly. Upon her approval, Thal would take his position behind Gaius— now more prepared for more dogs to come slipping through their legs again. He supposed he should work on that. He couldn't exactly be in the frontlines to push back his opponents if he let them slip so easily past him. "If the other team had encountered their own share of hounds, I hope they at least waited for us to regroup." He mused idly as he readjusted his grip on his axe.

Risax
interaction: AI10100 AI10100 Kenshin772 Kenshin772 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Right so it looked like whatever situation had transpired was waay out of newbies such as themselves league yet they did handle themselves pretty well all things considered following along quietly Risax frowned that they'd lost there map that would certainly go worse and now this was more a rescue mission then a rat hunt. "Right ok can do ill jyst stick to the back" risax said in agreement allowing the others to go inftont of him. "Maybe the others might have put some bread crumbs in the form of blocked escape holes might help... tho they could frankly be anywhere by now considering the situation but the hounds fine completely restrained tho" Risax mentioned with a worried tone in his voice. Looking back at the hound it wiggled slightly but it was mostly still.

Lucia Corinna Edelgarde

Excited turned to disappointment and solemnness as the group rendezvoused with the others. A human man was dead and the group seemed worse for wear. Eyes turning to stare at the man. Was this it? A random hobo training attack dogs in the sewers? No, that couldn't be. It was far too strange. However, that was beside the point. For now, all was quiet and everyone appeared to be critically demoralized.

Lucia still wanted to figure out what was going on, however with how everything was now. She doubted most of them would be willing to proceed, and even if they did, with where all their minds were at, the Caskarieth doubted their ability.

Falco was flustered, to say the least. Cressey was shaken. Razul was deflated and possibly injured. Sakura seemed the least affected, but too was wounded.

She let out a soft sigh paired with a small frown. "Yes, I suppose that would be best, considering..." Yes, leave and go report it to the real adventurers to deal with. Perhaps next time they would be sent to help a farmer's harvest. "I'm not quite sure you could dub it a shortcut... Perhaps we should pause a moment to treat any wounds? Otherwise I would suggest that Lady Schuerer and I cover the rear of our formation during our departure. We appear the least fatigued and tarnished. I suppose it's possible that this man decided to simply train mutts in these disgusting tunnels, but I would be surprised and disappointed."

If someone or something did come from the way the hobo or dogs did, Lucia figured herself and the knightess as being more suitable to bracing against it.

Interactions: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea) AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul) AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco) Topless Topless (Sakura) Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey)

Thea Schuerer
Listening to Falco and his words, she arches and eyebrow in confusion at his manner of speech, though she understood the legs remark, tilting her head a little to the side and exhaling as he went on about making friends and other statements, before she adds in;

"If you can say all of that then you are well enough to not need a nursemaid." Listening to Lucia, Thea gives a nod confirming what she said. "Drainage tunnel leads to a cistern that connects to here. It's not too long of a trip, I just hope Gaius's group doesn't see my marker and tries to find the way here just as we are going back..." Thinking on it a bit she sets her sword to her left side and reaches over to give Falco a shoulder tap or even reassuring rub.

"You all did well, and the Goddess will understand, if you all have any major wounds let me know and I'll give you supplies or patch you up myself. If not then follow Hyss back to our shortcut."

Listening to his tirade at Hyss she bares with it and kneels down to study the other man. If he was a hobo then she was a carpenter. Feeling around for the armor he had on she reaches her own conclusion.

"We need to report this to the guild, I would say take his body with us but that would be difficult. All we can do is hope he has no allies that will come for the body before we can get someone else here. He has a pretty good set of armor under here, light armor though. Wouldn't stand up to my plate and sword... Still, for him to take on so many and to train those hounds, things are not so simple. Once you all are ready to move we'll take up the rear like Lucia said."

Interactions/Mentions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Razul) AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco) Topless Topless (Sakura) King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back