• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales from Tamriel (Elder Scrolls RP)

WorldWeaver

Dreamer of the Impossible
(Background Music for Intro)

It is the year 4E 205, and Tamriel has grown restless. With Titus Mede II assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood, the Empire Tiber Septim had built now teeters on the edge of collapse, saved only by the quick thinking of the late emperor's grandson and heir to the throne: Claudius Mede. Quickly acting on preserving Cyrodiil at the very least and preparing for the inevitable second Great War with the Aldmeri Dominion, he offered peace to Ulfric Stormcloak and independence to Skyrim in exchange for a mutual defense pact, knowing Ulfric would be eager to take the fight to the Dominion when the time came. He is also reaching out to other territories, especially High Rock and Hammerfell, to aid in the oncoming war, for he has foreseen this coming conflict could determine more than whom Tamriel was dominated by. As the Dominion's army gathers at the heartland's southern borders, the fate of Tamriel and all of its people rest on a razor's edge.

This is the tumultuous time you find yourself in, as an inhabitant of the setting of the Elder Scrolls. so allow me to ask: Who are you? Are you a merchant, seeking to gain great wealth and prestige? A warrior seeking glory in battle and heroics? A scholar, seeking to unravel the mysteries of the universe? Or perhaps, are you something else entirely? Tamriel's gates have been opened to you. Now's your time to make your mark upon it, to write your own entry into its rich history. What will your Tale from Tamriel look like?

I've been a fan of the Elder Scrolls Franchise since I first played Skyrim in 2019. Ever since then, I've been fascinated with Tamriel and the lore around the Elder Scrolls world as a whole. Now I hope to connect with and share this tale with other fans and newcomers alike!

1) As is to be expected, please follow the RPNation Site Rules linked over here --->. RpNation Community Guidelines
2) Godmodding and/or "Mary Sue/Gary Stu"-type characters are a strict no-no in my RPs.
3) If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to let me know in the OOC (once it's up) or with a DM. If you're inexperienced with the franchise, and need to learn a bit of lore, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.
4) "Sweet Rolls" is the password to let me know you've read these rules. And I don't want to hear you complaining about someone stealing them, either.
5) Have Fun! That's always been the goal of my RPs, and it will always be such as long as I'm here.
6) This is more of a suggestion than a rule but be sure to include mentions to RPers you're interacting with. That way they know and can continue the interaction.

Last edited:
KlutzyGreatIntermediateegret-max-1mb.gif

Sweet Roll

I'm interested. (Sweet Rolls)

What exactly is the plot, like I get that the aldmeri dominion is probably planning to take advantage of the division in which skyrim becomes independent from the Empire.
But where does that exactly leave our characters in the story, does this take place in Skyrim or some other province or is this some ESO like thing where we're gonna be all over the place?

Interested, though I would wanna know more about what races we can play and any limitations.

(Sweet rolls)

Last edited:
I'm interested. (Sweet Rolls)

What exactly is the plot, like I get that the aldmeri dominion is probably planning to take advantage of the division in which skyrim becomes independent from the Empire.
But where does that exactly leave our characters in the story, does this take place in Skyrim or some other province or is this some ESO like thing where we're gonna be all over the place?

The Plot's main focus is going to be on the Second Great War. It will start before the war's beginning, allowing us to establish our characters, and as war is declared, it essentially causes ripple effects across the nation. You can choose to be more involved in the war from the get-go, but other than Morrowind (which kind of has its own stuff to deal with back home as they continue to repair their nation) and Argonia/Black Marsh (Which I doubt either side would have any strategic interest in anyway and would likely be neutral), each nation's going to be affected.

As for where the final plot goes, and what brings our characters together ultimately, is either Claudius Mede hearing of the characters' exploits and requesting their aid in the war, during which the Dominion and Thalmor's true goal is revealed, or the Thalmor incorporating them into the Dominion somehow (Depends on which side they'd be more willing to fight on), ultimately ending on a final clash. That's all I'm willing to reveal for now.

Interested, though I would wanna know more about what races we can play and any limitations.

(Sweet rolls)

For the sake of simplicity, just the 10 main races of Tamriel. We might expand the list later, but I want to at least start off simple.

Seems interesting. (Sweet rolls)

And last but not least, to all of you. Welcome aboard!

I feel like you were inspired by my Skyrim thread... 🤔🤣

Aaaaaa I've been thinking about elder scrolls lately... would it be okay to play a canon character? Specifically a Canon character from another TES game that isn't skyrim? (But would reasonably be alive during this time)

edit: Forgot to mention the best sweet treat, sweetrolls!

Last edited:
Sweet rolls! I'm curious to see how you'll run this. I'll join if I can.

Sweet rolls! I'm curious to see how you'll run this. I'll join if I can.
Aaaaaa I've been thinking about elder scrolls lately... would it be okay to play a canon character? Specifically a Canon character from another TES game that isn't skyrim? (But would reasonably be alive during this time)

edit: Forgot to mention the best sweet treat, sweetrolls!
Welcome aboard! And yes, you may play as a canon character if you wish. Just no player character types (i.e. nerevarine, last Dragonborn, etc).

For the sake of simplicity, just the 10 main races of Tamriel. We might expand the list later, but I want to at least start off simple.
If I wanted to have a Mer mother and Nord father, would that be allowed? I know generally, race goes off mother in TES so I'd be a Mer.

I might know a black or grey owl that would like a sweet roll perhaps from cold harbor or unslaad

I'll get somone down once I fully figure them out hot a mod trilogy I kind of would base them on

Would a bosmer outcast bearing the blessing of Hircine be able to get a sweet roll?
Tempting as the offer may be, I'll pass on the lycanthropy. Nevertheless we got sweet rolls to spare. Come on in!

I'll post the RP and OOC Threads later today, and get a lore encyclopedia going for newcomers since we have quite a few people now.

Tempting as the offer may be, I'll pass on the lycanthropy. Nevertheless we got sweet rolls to spare. Come on in!

I'll post the RP and OOC Threads later today, and get a lore encyclopedia going for newcomers since we have quite a few people now.
Understandable. Still, a sneaky witch-thief bosmer seems like fun. *takes a sweet roll*

The line "let me guess, somebody stole your sweetroll" is a clever jab at the player being unreputable, as it's often a complaint of children.

This pisses me off to no end, as even after completing every single quest in the game, you'll still hear the same line over and over again.

Nobody has any respect for the dragonborn.

Interested, expect my CS soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back