• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales from Nephur!

Darth Echo

Lord of the Sith
Greetings! I am an experienced writer with a lust for roleplaying! Over the summer I was extremely busy building my career and balancing family and friends along the mix, so I was suddenly forced to quit roleplaying for a while- unfortunately. That being said, things have greatly settled down and I would love to find a partner or four to roleplay with (as currently, I have none)!
A little about myself: I have been roleplaying since I was ~14 and would spend all night after school writing with others until my inevitable bedtime. After high school, I joined the Navy and lost the time to write. Now that I am back to civilian life- and built my career- I have time again! I have a world that I created during my time served that I would enjoy roleplaying in; allow me to share that with you! If you read through it and decide you like it, please PM me!

The known land is named "Nephur". The word comes from a language forgotten eons ago. The Continent is flanked on the north, east, and south sides by the "Infinite Ocean"; along the west is an endless desert known as "Nezkir's Domain". The desert was once home to a civilization of humans known as "The Xrathians". The Xrathians started out as an army of slaves owned by a powerful Necromancer named Nezkir. Nezkir leads his slaves to an oasis deep in the desert in order to rid himself of those who would dare try to stop his practice of magic. After years of layered enchantments, he turned his army of slaves and their descendants into loyal followers who worshiped him zealously as their god-king. He learned of a way to make himself immortal via human sacrifice, and his cult was more than happy to oblige. The Xrathians prospered under their god-king's powerful rule, soon forming many cities in his honor. Nezkir grew tired of ruling and decided to break the layers of enchantments on certain clans in order to allow them to rule his cities in his stead. The Xrathians built an underground labyrinth to protect their god-king while he studied his magic in solitude. Sacrifices were regularly sent to his labyrinth to sustain his immortality, but otherwise, he had withdrawn from his proud kingdom. In his absence- over the course of many hundred years- the clans withdrew as a unified nation and began warring amongst themselves as independent city-states. During his time in seclusion, Nezkir managed to perform a ritual to turn himself into a true immortal: A Lich. He no longer needed sacrifices and began to turn them away. A few hundred years later, he longed to rule again and so he emerged from his labyrinth; however, all he found was his kingdom in ruins- the warring clans had managed to kill each other off. In his frustration, he performed the largest dark ritual in all of history to bring his entire kingdom back to life in the form of undead skeletons. In modern times, no one ventures into the desert in fear of the legendary undead kingdom rules by powerful clans and their undead Lich-king.
If we turn our attention to the southern Bulwark mountains, we may find the small City-state of Solderia. Soldaria is the oldest nation in all of Nephur, safely build deep within the Bulwark mountains. Solderia was ruled by a triumvirate of three ancient dragons. The dragons used their mighty and old magics to terraform a swath of mountains into the perfect location for humans to thrive. The scholarly dragons spoke to villages of fae and shepherded them to this promised land. The dragons began teaching the fae their primordial magics, and enchanted the faerie race with blessings like supernatural speed, senses, strength, and immunity from old age. With gratitude, the faerie began constructing a utopian society within the land of Solderia. they used their magic to construct all their buildings, including "The University". The University is the center of magic study and general innovation. Solderia soon became known as the hub of advancement for humanity. After all their work, the triumvirate became tired. The three dragons- whose names have long since been forgotten- rarely leave the University, and spend all their time and energy projecting a barrier around the entire city-state to ward off any form of attack. Soldaria is mostly populated by shapeshifting dragons and Faerie, but the University houses a plethora of the other races.
In the heart of Nephur is the Tenebris Empire. The Tenebris Empire was once a hundred feudal warring kingdoms- of which Nezkir was driven from- until one warlord rose above the rest. Although his origin is unknown, it is said twenty powerful sorcerers got together and fused their souls together to create a single being in order to end the perpetual misery that washed the land with blood. The result of this forgotten ritual was a single human being with power so great, not a single being could stop him. This man is known today as Emperor Tyrannos. His incomparable power includes telekinesis and superhuman qualities. His telekinesis is so potent, he once crushed an entire castle with a mere flick of his mind. He once broke the will of an entire army with a single thought in their direction. The tyrant known as Tyrannos rules with an iron fist, and a merciless heart. His empire stretches the entire land of Nephur excluding the marshlands to the east, Nezkir's desert, and the Bulwark mountains. Though his reign reaches the Crest Forest, the forest is home to the rebel force known as "The Arbiters"
The Arbiters were once a part of "The Judges" before breaking off after the rise of Emperor Tyrannos. The Judges were once a faction of riders who's soul was bound to either a Griffon, Pegasus, Phoenix, or Wyvern. All Judges underwent intense training starting at the age of eight and ending at the age of 20. During this training they learned to control their Judge powers; which included telekinesis, superhuman qualities, and magic. The organization's goal was to stomp out evil wherever it popped up. They had global authority- over even kings- though a primary feature of a Judge was their strong righteousness. In short, they were a police force tasked with ensuring Nephur never fell to darkness. After Tyrannus's rise to power, he subjugated The Judges, forcing them to take magically binding oaths to serve him until their deaths. Those who resisted and fled formed a faction called "The Arbiters" who then formed the rebellion to resist Tyrannos's rule.
Before Tyrannos, or even the feudal kingdoms, the center of Nephur was inhabited by the most ancient race known as the "Omni'din". The Onmi'din were creatures born from the soul of the creator of Nephur: Onmi. The god created these spectacular beings and breathed a fragment of his soul into each and every one of them. They were a powerful and intelligent race, far superior to the wyrmlings of the time that eventually became dragons. As other races began to evolve into the humans and fae, their gods were thought into existence. Omni and his people felt anger towards these false gods, which caused the Great God war. The Omni'din marched their people into the heavens and slaughtered the gods of humanity, after which they retreated into a pocket dimension known as "The Painted City".
Following this cataclysmic event, the residual energy from the deceased gods trickled down onto Nephur, infecting the world with magic. When first used, magic was a rough and primordial tool. Little was known about it, and even less was understood on how to control it. The earliest mages would often end up killing themselves by drawing more essence from themselves than they possibly could hold. As the understanding of magic grew, a language was forged with the purpose of controlling magic. Mages used words to shape their will and infuse that with their own essence, thus creating spells. A runic alphabet was made to represent the arcane language to allow mages to scribe their more complex spells for later use. They learned that to fuel magic, one had to draw on their own life essence, and different people possessed different pools of essence that could be increased much like a muscle- through practice. The strongest of mages could forego the arcane language entirely and cast spells like their ancestors did- with a mere thought. This technique is especially useful when subtlety is necessary or during a battle between mages. Wordless magic is dangerous, however, as a single stray thought could alter the intention of the spell and change its nature entirely.
Magic was not the only supernatural occurrence following the conclusion of the Great God war. Some beings were born with a fragment of a god's soul; this event would lead to said individual possessing unique abilities and powers. An example would be unnatural flight, or the ability to breath underwater, etcetera. This was known as soul magic, or simply "soul". The use of one's soul was deemed illegal in the Tenebris Empire unless one possessed a license to use it- despite the regulations, it is actually quite rare for an individual to possess a soul power. A secret only known in rumor: Tyrannos can only be defeated by one who possessed a god soul.
To the far east exists a race of gilled grey-skinned humans known as "Uru'din". These aquatic beings live in the poisonous marshlands where no human could hope to live. They possess strength far beyond reason and find it hard to turn down a challenge. Despite their supernatural strength- even greater than the faeries- none have been known to utilize magic or any kind. In their homeland, they create underwater mud houses and live simple lives; though rarely do they form groups larger than a small village as the Uru'din generally lust for adventure.
Opposite the heavens existed a plane known as the underworld. This nightmarish plane of existence is said to be cold enough to kill a man without proper protection. In this abominable land exists a race of beings known as Oni. These blue skinned devils love to fight, causing the underworld to be in perpetual war with no factions or clans existing. On occasion- especially near full moons- the lines that separate the underworld and Nephur blur and Oni spill onto the lush overworld where they wreak havoc until a Judge or Arbiter stop them. Despite being named "The Underworld", it is actually a biome of mountains and boundless sky shrouded by thick snow forever howling across the scape.

What are your pairing prefrences; M/M, F/M, F/F? Also what do you usually prefer to rp gender wise?

Are you wanting to do a rp based in the world you created? If so what is the plot you have in mind?

Correct, I would like to rp in this world I created! I have set the world so many events unfold, and I currently have a few set up in the east, south, and west. I would love to do something with the rebels and the human empire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back