• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sword Coast or Eberron DnD Campaign without dice?

Syvvaris

I love Emilia
Good Day Everyone!

I am in love with playing DnD with the story, lore and especially the dice throwing! However, I do find it lacking when you're constricted to dice roll outcomes and game mechanics. I would love to roleplay a campaign with all the flavor that you can't get with the game by rolling dice.

Would anyone like to join me in this? We can do a published DnD campaign, a story in the Eberron realm (I ust bought the book!), or we can do something from my homebrew world!

Don't know anything about the published setting, but I always did wonder what dnd would be like without the dice. So I'm definitely willing to join.

im in avid dnd player here. if you need help with lore or settings writing let me know

I'll start plotting then. I'll try to have it up by sometimes this weekend, or at least rules for character creation!

Ebberron...
Eberron...
I dunno. I've never played Eberron before. Always has been Sword Coast. However, for technology level, it's similar to Pathfinder's Golarion's Mana Waste's level of technology?
..So many apostrophes.

I would watch this video:
I am currently watching it.
Best bet of learning about Eberron is through watching lore videos.

I wouldn't be able to 100% tell you if it is or not.
Dragons are the center of the Origin Story of Eberron and Dragons play a pivotal role in it's history.
There are large magical/technological improvements from Faerun (Sword Coast).
Airships and magical steam/bullet trains are some of them, so magical guns and objects similar to the Industrial revolution wouldn't be too far fetch.

CHARACTER CREATION: I'll post a Character Creation thread and I'll tell you how I kinda want to start, but honestly any race/class combo that fits the setting and would be prone to exploring/adventuring but not super OP. What you expect of around level 3 characters. So a Vampire wouldn't fit, but a person inflicted with Lycanthrope would fit better, but a shifter/changeling fits perfectly.
Before choosing a race, look up the differences between Faerun and Eberron races (Elves' and Orcs' stereotype are almost switched around)

How I expect this to flow: After character creation, we will just start roleplaying. I will most likely have a character, but I will also be the NPC's and the GM. You'll be going around doing what you normally do in Roleplaying and DnD but instead of being a herbalist and having to roll a 1d20+2 to see if you can make a simple everyday potion, you'll just be able to do it! Maybe after conferring with me to see how long would it be. So, there will be less failing on something you're proficient with, but requiring a bit more backstory and why are you able to do something easily. I'll have a plot, if you choose to follow it or not is up to you.

Apologies for any grammar issues with my typing, this is my "voice" and will be more correct when I actually write.

Once again, I'll post hte character creation thread soon... Probably on Thursday or Friday...

im in avid dnd player here. if you need help with lore or settings writing let me know

There's the Character thread. I want you to actually create a level 3 character. It defines your character. Also I want the story behind the character.

Alonthra Alonthra I would love any help with Eberron lore since I'm just jumping into it.

I would be interested as well

Ebberron...
Eberron...
I dunno. I've never played Eberron before. Always has been Sword Coast. However, for technology level, it's similar to Pathfinder's Golarion's Mana Waste's level of technology?
..So many apostrophes.
As far as I know Eberron it is a bit steampunky, it is the setting with artificers (inventors class) and warforged (magical robot race). I guess it's up to Syvvaris Syvvaris though to make the call for this though.

darkborn darkborn Felix Felix

Yes, Eberron is very similar to steampunk but it's not because of the rise of technology but the mastery of magic. They have flying boats, fueled by dragonshards are a bunch of magewrights (Artificers/Magical Mechanics). They have trains but instead of steam it's lightning magic. Firearms would be a thing but wands are do the same thing.

They do have the warforge, magical robots. They have magical mobile suits/gundams/colossus as well with weapons similar to guns/cannons but all magical.

Definitely google/youtube Eberron and learn the basics, because the races and culture are massively different than the high fantasy of the Forgotten Realm.
Orcs are more druidic and peaceful
Elves worship the dead and are prominent necromancers
Goblinoids at one point were the top dog and had an empire on Khorvaire
Dragons are less likely to raid a village and pull the strings of the "lesser" races from behind the scenes.
There is a pattern of 13 - 1. Such as there are 13 tribes of Dwarves, but only 12 exists because the tribe were killed. There are 13 Dragonmarks, but 1 was eradicated.

Think of Eberron as a mystery, noir, darker steampunk fantasy; things are grey in this world. The powerful heroes only may not act to uphold justice, but the villain isn't always in the wrong.

RikuXIII RikuXIII Yes, just follow the links above!

Well, I looked (some) of it up, and I was thinking I liked the...
Oh, Christ. I forgot the name.
That psionic race who began when humans fused with Quorans willingly.

Hey I wanna try out a warlock with the fiend patron, could I perhaps just make it be a red dragon or something

Emperor1 Emperor1 From what I understand of the lore of Eberron, there was a time that Eberron was very similar to one of the 9 levels of hell were devils/demons/etc laid waste to the land. There are many "Overlords" laying in wait. Out of the three "Dragon Gods" there was one more on the chaotic side. There are plenty of possibilities if you want a more chaotic neutral or lawful evil character.

However, if you don't want to be chained to a more sinister path. Dragons tend to be the ones pulling the strings to lead the world to the best possible outcome from what they can decipher from the Draconic Prophecy. If you want a Good/Neutral path I'll allow you to pick a Dragon and use the fiend patron for it. You can either google a named dragon in the lore already or come up with one. Just make sure some of your goals align with the Dragons if you create a personal patron.

Basic Equipment along with the background equipment. Typically your background will give you around 10-ish gold.

Felix Felix KingHalliwell KingHalliwell darkborn darkborn RikuXIII RikuXIII Matreats Matreats Alonthra Alonthra Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Okay, We are starting in Sharn and you guys need to have a connection to either each other or Sergeant Germaine Vilroy of the Sharn Watch.

You could have met her through the Last War, met her in a tavern and had a discussion, been locked up by her, saved her life or had her save yours.

We are going to start with the small mission that's hidden inside the book, and that'll give me time to come up the campaign afterwards.

Syvvaris Syvvaris cs up. I took some liberties with the class that I tried to explain at the start of the post. If that doesn’t work for you, I’ll work something else up.

Syvvaris Syvvaris On second thought, I think the Golgari Agent background from Ravnica would really fit my character with their whole philosophy. I would not change much in skill proficiencies (except swapping drumming proficiency for alchemists' supplies), but it would give me access to some necromancy spells (of which most are already accessible through subclass). However, the guild does not exist in Eberron. Can we figure out a way to make this work storywise?

Is worried that I'm late to post a CS.

Realizes only two people have posted.

..Alright, I'm good for another day.

...Hahah. Anyways... Is it alright if I can inject some Pathfinder into this? (Yes. Pathfinder again.) Nothing mechanical or anything... just race wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back