• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sweet dreams

korigon

Never seen a bluer sky.

A quickly written backstory

Welcome to the Fargoing penitentiary for dangerous criminals. For crimes you probably are innocent of, you are sentenced to over two-hundred years of jail time, essentially a life sentence. Within a day of your introduction to the facility, you are thrown into an isolated cell in which you will spend most of your day. Don't be afraid- The penitentiary is down to earth, literally. The story goes that some eccentric millionaire hollowed out a ginormous underground space, then stuck a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Fact or fiction, it seems an obvious fact that escape is impossible. Most inmates are hollow forms of their previous appearance before entering the facility. In fact, one guard wrote about his first time reporting in at Fargoing, describing it as "..When you first enter that daunting gate, it feels as though a crushing weight is set upon your back, threatening to smother any attempts at happiness. By God! I am tempted to pity those who stay in this wretched place.."

Yet despite all the measures to prevent escape, despite the threats and beatings, there is an escape from the dismal life you lead. Sleep, warm and inviting, awaits you every night. You find yourself in vivid fairytales, in ages long past, and ages to presumably come. In your dreams, there are no walls to cage you in a prison of fear, and no wardens to offer jeering remarks.

And now, as you continue to explore your dreamy landscape, an entirely different time period each night, you slowly come to a seemingly impossible revelation.

In your dreams, you do not walk alone.

----

Have I stirred the soup of interest?

( That was awful, I'm sorry. )

There are two periods' that will happen in this roleplay. The first is daytime, where the sun shines cheerily on the. . . desolate landscape? You take the part of an inmate of Fargoing. You will primarily spend the daytime brooding and moping around your, in all likely hood, horribly meager cell. While it's true that you do manage to have some time out of your homely rectangle, such as visiting the poorly stocked library or gym, communication between inmates is not allowed and strictly enforced.

The real flesh of the roleplay will began when everyone drifts away in their tiny bed. ( AKA, nighttime ) Everyone will be situated in a specific dream world- A different time every day. From New York, 1820, to a bizarre reverse world in which the time period is unknown. Perhaps we'll even visit some worlds in which other forum roleplays are situated in! In each fantasy, your appearence changes, with a different employment, dream, and set of beliefs. When I feel the time is fitting, I will change it to daytime again, where everyone will suddenly be transported by to the dreary real world.

But before you go and praise me for such a wonderful idea, I credit my finding of this idea from a person with the username of gohKamikaze. As the 'original' ( I have revised some things. ) roleplay was two years ago, and died out rather quickly, I find it perfectly fine to try and restart something with a similar idea in mind.

Thoughts? Feedback? Horrible idea? Any response is appreciated. Thanks for checking this idea out!​

This idea seems incredibly interesting. Before I completely commit to the roleplay, however, I have a couple of simple questions.

Will this roleplay be considered Simple, Casual, or Detailed?

How often would you like us to post?

Thanks!

[QUOTE="Dear Inspector]This idea seems incredibly interesting. Before I completely commit to the roleplay, however, I have a couple of simple questions.
Will this roleplay be considered Simple, Casual, or Detailed?

How often would you like us to post?

Thanks!

[/QUOTE]
Sure.

It would probably be casual, but leaning toward detailed. I want to include people but also have a high quality to the roleplay.

Post would vary on how active everyone is. If I have a group of five or six active people posting around three times a day, then you'll probably want to mimic that in order to continue with the plotline. That said, I'll probably have a requirement of ( Roughly ) one nighttime and one daytime post in order to keep your character relevant. If you have to take a break or are inactive because of other matters, I'm perfectly fine with no post for awhile.

Question.. Unless I missed it, do these inmates in the penitentiary, meet up with one another in the dreams as well? Or are the dreams taken place all alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
pandification said:
Question.. Unless I missed it, do these inmates in the penitentiary, meet up with one another in the dreams as well? Or are the dreams taken place all alone?
Short answer, yes.

When the roleplay first starts, no-one will know that other prisoners are. . . . . Dreaming(?) in their dream as well. Then, after a couple of post and making sure everyone has gotten the chance to introduce their characters, people will start to notice that the other people in their dreams are disturbingly real. Next step: Communication!

I think a good sized amount of people have shown interest already, so if all goes to plan, I'll have the OOC out by today. Thanks!

Just going to bump this since we don't really have enough people yet. If two more people would be interested in joining, we could probably get the roleplay started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back