• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Surviving a nightmare vacation (warning! It involves zombie-vampire like creatures, moastly zombie like...)

Nightliss

Black cat in a world of colors

Foreword:
Okay, so here I am, trying to see if anyone is interested in this weird idea of mine hehe. Its a bit out there but why the hell not give it a try since it's a story idea I really wanna write. I won't bore you with more chatter so here is the info:

Setting and genre info.

Time: Modern day, 2019

Genres: Survival, drama
Sub Genres: Action, horror, adventure
Other: Romance shouldn't be a big part of the story but it is allowed to a certain extent. RPN rules always apply.

'Hints': Teamwork, personal differences, uncovering a hidden truth, survival, virus (zombies), more

Intro:
A group of strangers finds themselves on a plane to a tropical island after receiving a letter informing them they have won an all-inclusive trip to a five star hotel on Coral Island (no relation to the actual island) and since the brochure that came with it gave them all the information they needed none of them looked deeper into the situation and instead excitedly packed for their vacation. The reasons for going are different for each person but in the end, they all went.

As the group arrives things seem just the way they imagined, sure there are no people welcoming them but surely they are waiting to give them a warm welcome at the hotel right? So the group finds the hotel... Empty. No people can be found yet everything looks like they might walk back in every minute. But they never do.

The group needs to figure out what is going on and who as well as why invited them to the island only to trap them there by destroying every means to escape.

Summary:
A group of strangers wins an all-inclusive trip to a tropical island only to find the entire place empty of people. After some snooping around the group (or only one person) is attacked outside the hotel by a creature that has the appearance of a barely human looking living corpse. Now the group has to survive while trying to find a way off the island or at least uncover the truth behind all of it.

SPOILER ALERT!
Primary Stage Symptoms:
- ringing in the ears
- paling of the skin
- sudden and sharp headaches
- nose bleeds
- severely bloodshot eyes

Secondary Stage Symptoms:
- severe and sudden weight loss
- loosing of any skin and hair pigment
- lust for blood and meat
- sharpening of the fingernails
- numbing of the nervous system
- slower motor function/reflexes
- development of viral salvia

Final Symptoms:
- all of the above
- extremely sensitive to sun/daylight
- full transformation of some body cells and some organs
- insatiable hunger

In other words in the final stage, the subject becomes a creature of skin and bones as pale as snow and eyes the color of blood who operates by its one and only need, which is to sate its neverending hunger.

*The infected are a zombie-like creature that is the result of a human infected by the 'Lazarus' virus. The scientists gave those infected individuals the code name 'Omega'. Those infected have a few smaller similarities with vampires (sensitivity to daylight, bloodlust and abnormally pale) but are in majority like zombies.

Roles:
I will allow one character with military or government level training, one medical expert or researcher (could even be an ex-employee of the company responsible for accidentally releasing the infected) but the rest should be civilians or a maximum of a C threat level, threat levels can change after a while as the character learns new skills etc... (I didn't count my character/s so those roles are all yours to pick)

*if you want to know more about threat levels just ask. I am here if any of you have any questions.

*each writer can make two main characters. You can make characters that will die as well, in which case you can make more.
I am gonna try something new for a CS so I thought its best to show it in case its a dealbreaker for anyone. You can, of course, use a typical CS but I might not accept your character or characters if the needed info isn't covered.

Photo: (Realistic only)
Name:
Alias or Nickname:
Blood type:
Height:
Weight:
Rom.-sexual orientation:
Marital status:
Threat level: (A is a military/government training level F are civilians with no training in any forms of self-defense or combat with a docile personality aka no threat at all, S level isn't an option)
Main two personality traits:
Health status: (do they have any sicknesses or are they healthy, rate their health by the severity of their condition, F is terminal A is healthy and add what their condition is exactly if they have one)

Q&A (answer as your character, IC)

1. *Why did you decide to go on this vacation?*

2. *What are your expectations?*

3. *If you had two options: save a friend or ten strangers, which would you pick?*

4. *In a dangerous situation are you the person hiding behind more experienced individuals or are you the person facing danger head on?*

5. *Sort the following in order from most important to least important (you can pick only four or all of them if you want): friendship, loyalty, money, self-preservation, image, fame, truth, lies, solidarity, honor, the safety of others.*

6. *What do you dislike most?*

7. *What are your greatest fears?*

8. *Which of the following are your strengths (you are good at those or they are your good traits), pick two (if one of those is the main trait you don't have to mention it here and can pick another instead): agility, logical, tactical, practical, intuitive, observant, first aid, medical knowledge, speed, great reflexes, altruistic, helpful, friendly, loyal, truthful, focused, driven, caring*

9. *Which of the following are your weaknesses (you are bad at those or they are your weakest points, for traits it means that you barely have them or don't have them at all), pick two (if one of them is written in the main traits you don't need to pick it here and can choose another instead): agility, logical, tactical, practical, intuitive, observant, first aid, medical knowledge, speed, great reflexes, altruistic, helpful, friendly, loyal, truthful, focused, driven, caring*

10. *What did you pack for your vacation and why? (No weapons unless you are a bodyguard to one of the guests and got permission to carry them)*

11. *Is there a quote or something similar you say often or are known for among those that know you?*

Short writing sample written in third person narrative:
Please don't post your CS here and wait for the CS thread, thank you.

LINKS:
- OOC
- CS
-

Last edited:
Yeet Yate Yote, Count me in! (This kinda reminds me of Dead Island for some reason?)

Just a cheesy video game about people surviving against zombies on a holiday island.. trailers were really good but the gameplay itself was.. 'meh'.

I do have a basic idea for my character, basically he's a Rally Driver that got injured in a terrible crash and so he was sent (not by his choice) on holiday by his management team to recover as the incident was rather traumatic?

Just a cheesy video game about people surviving against zombies on a holiday island.. trailers were really good but the gameplay itself was.. 'meh'.

I do have a basic idea for my character, basically he's a Rally Driver that got injured in a terrible crash and so he was sent (not by his choice) on holiday by his management team to recover as the incident was rather traumatic?
Hmm well I didn't know so I have no opinion on it xD as for your idea I can't help but love the idea of someone going on vacation to get over a traumatic event only to get further traumatized lol.

Hmm well I didn't know so I have no opinion on it xD as for your idea I can't help but love the idea of someone going on vacation to get over a traumatic event only to get further traumatized lol.
Awesome sauce, welcome to the site btw. Glad to see the new-comers being brave enough to host! :D How long have you been doing Rp's?

Awesome sauce, welcome to the site btw. Glad to see the new-comers being brave enough to host! :D How long have you been doing Rp's?
Thanks for the welcome.

If I can't find something that pulls me in I just gotta make something myself right?

I am into RPs for... Hmm 3 years I think... Not sure exactly.

Thanks for the welcome.

If I can't find something that pulls me in I just gotta make something myself right?

I am into RPs for... Hmm 3 years I think... Not sure exactly.
Aye, I know exactly what you mean! xD I've been trying to work a LOTR storyline, however the moment I take a look at all the effort I have to put in... add in the prospect of people ghosting it.. yeah.. not gonna risk losing my sanity xD..

Been Rping for about 7 years, give or take. Got any good stories of cringe? Any moments where you've face-palmed at another person's character or actions? :D

My motto is: no risk no gain, so I try and hope it ends well lol.

Hmm not really. Each writer has their own style and taste, sure maybe there are some bad fits but maybe what I don't like will be exactly what someone else is looking for, so I don't judge... Much :P

Aye, got my fingers crossed that things will really kick off well here! :D So what kind of roleplays do you like? What stands out to you, got any favourite genres/themes?

What about you dmgink dmgink ? Got a favourite theme or genre when it comes to RPs?

I’ve got my eye on the medic role, I have a sweet German doctor who I haven’t used in awhile. Would be fun to bring him back!

I am really liking the ideas for characters you guys have so far! I will make an OOC thread momentarily so you guys can chat or ask questions.

If this is still open I’d like to join.
Of course you can join, I didn't even make a CS thread yet so there is plenty of time for people to join (I will make the CS thread sometime today but this RP will still be open for a few days).

I'm interested but is it cool if I have a minor part? Work and school really take up a lot of my time but I'm interested and can try to make time

I'm interested but is it cool if I have a minor part? Work and school really take up a lot of my time but I'm interested and can try to make time
Sure you can. I mean if things get too much for you, you always have options like getting your character lost in the jungle (or somewhere else) for a while until you have time again, or killing them off if you want to leave the RP, well or simply have a character with a smaller role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back