• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Surreal Estate || Onsite OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychiatrists also, even while under the branch of psychology and medical treatment, don’t do much of the whole therapy thing. They focus more on giving medications, diagnoses etc hence the whole medical doctorate.

In-depth therapy especially with children would probably be better suited to someone who is a psychologist, either dealing with children directly or using some adjacent form of therapy (art, play, etc) since they are of a far more sensitive constitution than adults
Alright! Thanks for the corrections both of you!

I was thinking iron filling bomb, magnesium granades, ghost resistant armour etc
Unfortunately bombs and stuff wouldn't be in line with the vibes of the group and lore of the world! And are probably not the sort of products Brisco would give the go ahead for.

Would ghost resistant armor be like...anti possession? I'm not sure armor would be completely fitting, but things that would make possession less likely would be on the table.

Since it's a real estate company, anything overly destructive that could damage the land or house is probably a no-go.

Well DONT go in the bathroom

*cue sitcom laugh track*

tenor.gif

Unfortunately bombs and stuff wouldn't be in line with the vibes of the group and lore of the world! And are probably not the sort of products Brisco would give the go ahead for.

Would ghost resistant armor be like...anti possession? I'm not sure armor would be completely fitting, but things that would make possession less likely would be on the table.

Since it's a real estate company, anything overly destructive that could damage the land or house is probably a no-go.
Yes to your second question and fair enough. What's the deal with making bombs and such on the sly.

Yes to your second question and fair enough. What's the deal with making bombs and such on the sly.
I think you gotta reconnect with the lore for a second here friend, and as Elytra said, consider both the tone and scope of this RP. While Ghost busting is rather pogslaying and pogchampy, the moral of our story is not how many cool things we can stamp on our characters, but abiding by the format laid out which is: haunted house -> remove haunt -> sell house

I think what they were trying to convey is that nothing within the lore written would back up this sort of need for violent weapons or armour that works against ghosts and monsters within the PRESENT state of the real estate agency. Can your character be doing weird shit in their basement with a pack of C4 and a box of iron nails? Probably but in no way is there an emphasis on the current plot that would focus on utter annihilation of property and spirits.

So again I’d probably take a min, and a breath, and wait to see what sorts of characters get finished for a tone to set forward to. Otherwise it’s gonna be real hard to mesh with both other players and characters if you’re focused on creating minecraft diamond armour for your ghost hunting character.

id have to think of an actual character and look over the roles,,,, but so far im thinking of a guy used as bait to draw the creepy crawlies out. gets shut into a room with only a chair to defend himself (inspired by me sacrificing sear in phasmophobia)

I think you gotta reconnect with the lore for a second here friend, and as Elytra said, consider both the tone and scope of this RP. While Ghost busting is rather pogslaying and pogchampy, the moral of our story is not how many cool things we can stamp on our characters, but abiding by the format laid out which is: haunted house -> remove haunt -> sell house

I think what they were trying to convey is that nothing within the lore written would back up this sort of need for violent weapons or armour that works against ghosts and monsters within the PRESENT state of the real estate agency. Can your character be doing weird shit in their basement with a pack of C4 and a box of iron nails? Probably but in no way is there an emphasis on the current plot that would focus on utter annihilation of property and spirits.

So again I’d probably take a min, and a breath, and wait to see what sorts of characters get finished for a tone to set forward to. Otherwise it’s gonna be real hard to mesh with both other players and characters if you’re focused on creating minecraft diamond armour for your ghost hunting character.
Fair enough i was just wanted to try and mix it up.

Generally speaking I'm trying to avoid things like very advanced and destructive weaponry: big guns, bombs, grenades, stuff modern soldiers would use.

However- as with some of the societies -you would be able to, say, have a sword or knife depending on your background.

Overall, it's less of a warzone vibe! The goal of characters is to unhaunt a house to sell it, so they don't want to cause any unneeded damages, nor do they want to attract unneeded attention. Using a ghost box and burning the object a ghost is attached to is less attention attracting than, say, throwing a grenade at it.

I hope that explains the bounds of it well! If not I'm absolutely able to try and elaborate further or answer other questions people may have

Meanwhile, I am off to finally get started on finishing up my oc :')

I'll get started on Vaughn today fr!!
Also hihihi!!! Popping in (;

Idk why but I'm falling in love with the idea of a bubblegum chewing, really-doesn't-want-to-be-here customer service/front desk person for the group. I don't think that would add anything huge to the plot but it's a funny image of her to be dealing with angry ghosts, buyers, and sellers.

I'll sit with my thoughts a bit longer before deciding if I want to submit but I love what I've seen so far from everyone! :)

Hello! I've slammed dunked my AJ sheet from last time into the character thread. Going to work on updating him slowly over the weekend. I am interested in getting with you Olly about swapping him over to being cursed instead of an amateur ghost hunter. I really love the dual roles this time!

Hello! I've slammed dunked my AJ sheet from last time into the character thread. Going to work on updating him slowly over the weekend. I am interested in getting with you Olly about swapping him over to being cursed instead of an amateur ghost hunter. I really love the dual roles this time!
Sure thing, feel free to dm me here or on discord!! Glad everyone's enjoying dual roles :)

Okay I changed it. Is it better?
Quick request if you don’t mind adding the height restrict code within the CS section of the character thread? The drawing (which is so cute btw I love it) is a little big on desktop and makes it difficult for laptop/desktop users to navigate the thread :) it would be really appreciated! <3

Quick request if you don’t mind adding the height restrict code within the CS section of the character thread? The drawing (which is so cute btw I love it) is a little big on desktop and makes it difficult for laptop/desktop users to navigate the thread :) it would be really appreciated! <3
Okay! Thanks for letting me know I’ll get to changing the size!

okay i got suddenly sick today and slept for like 5 hours so i have no brain to finish the prompt, but everything else on my sheet is done and up. prompt will hopefully be done and up tomorrow

literally just chugged thru as well and have finished everything btu the prompt!!!! will do tomorrow or later tonight (: taking a quick break hehe

erm and i have finished mine 🤓 i may add more in the downtime between apps being officially done but this is the vibe for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back