• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Surīkirā - A "Death Note" RP

ouractualbanner.jpg

If you are interested in joining, the OOC is here.
You can post a form and view existing characters here.

Rules
(With a Death Note Spin)

1. The human who joins this RP shall respect the other humans who have joined it.
2. A god of death cannot be killed if stabbed in the heart or shot with a gun, but humans characters are not invincible and will die eventually.
3. The conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that character or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that character (And their owner consents to them being killed off).
4. The Death Note can only operate within 23 days in the human calendar. This is known as the 23 day rule. Based on that rule your character will be removed from the rp after 23 days of unexcused inactivity. Please notify us if you will be inactive.
5. You may lend a character to another person to rp while maintaining its ownership (if you know you will be inactive for a long time or for any other reason). Subletting it to another person is possible too.

6. If a Death Note owner accidentally misspells a name four times, that person will be free from being killed by the Death Note. We value grammar and spelling too. Please check your responses for errors before posting them. 

7. Finally, I hope you'll enjoy your time here! If you have any questions or if there's a problem, don't hesitate to ask in OOC or send me a private message. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Characters

"The human who uses the notebook can neither go to Heaven nor Hell."
Kiras
1. Octavius Deimos-Fujimoto. "The Dark God". 24 years old. Computer software engineer. Noivian  
2. Satoru Yukimura."Killer Angel". 26 years old. Forensic aid technician. snowstormspawn  
3. Athena (Akari-Yui) Kiramoto. "Athena Kira". Agent/Detective. FrostFire   

"The person in possession of the Death Note is possessed by a god of death, its original owner, until they die."
Main Shinigamis
1. Khaoul. Octavius' Shinigami. Destructus Kloud
2. Khaat. 666. Satoru's Shinigami. Datbrony
3. Roku. Athena's Shinigami. Ash Ketchup

"All humans, without exception, will eventually die."
Law Enforcement- Investigators/Police Force/Agents
(twenty persons max, not including the Kiras.)
Michael Eric Dicax. 22. Detective. CoolGuy
Akemi Azami. 24.  Private Detective. Blitzer 

Ichiko Mitsuzaki. 28. Detective. Datbrony 
Wu Lìn Buelter. 28. 
Criminal Profiler / BND Agent. Gem
-

-

"The use of the Death Note in the human world sometimes affects other humans' lives or shortens their original life span, even though their names are not actually written in the Death Note itself. In these cases, no matter the cause, the god of death sees only the original lifespan and not the shortened lifespan."
Other Humans

(No limit. As many as you can handle. Minor characters (without a form) are in smaller text.)

Etsuko Ui. 17. High School Student. Ash Ketchup

The Musketeer. Early 30's. Serial Killer/ Career Criminal. GrieveWriter
Arisu James. 22. Actress. snowstormspawn 
Eiichi Honda. 19. Computer Programming/Hacking, Vigilante Detective. St. Elsewhere
Hye-Jin Koon. 25. 
News reporter. BennyAxC 
Cecil Koon. 21. College Student. BennyAxC
Felix Raabe.  23. Malicious hacker. snowstormspawn
Mason. 15. Studentdwarfking1999

Kei Yukimura. 70's. Retired. snowstormspawn 
Taro Yukimura. 70's. Retired. snowstormspawn

Chief Ohara. 40's-50's. Police Chief. (not exclusively owned by anyone)

"A god of death can extend their own life by putting a name on their own note, but humans cannot."
Other Shinigamis
(Again, as many as you can handle. But be advised the RP takes place in the human realm and the other Shinigamis only make cameos occasionally.)
-
-
-

Previously, on Surīkirā... 

This is a simple summary of main events. It's up to you to decide if it's worth going back and reading through the posts. If anyone wants me to add something, let me know. 
Note- these aren't the dates in-rp. These are the dates on which these events are played out in this thread. 

2/20/17

-Satoru writes the first name in his Death Note and encounters Khaat, his Shinigami. He discusses how he'll use his Death Note. 
-Octavius continues writing names in his Death Note and kills two men who are holding people hostage on TV.
-The Musketeer/Face was in hiding, disguising themselves as Ms. Tanari. 
-Etsuko musters up the courage to approach Octavius and confesses how she feels about him. Octavius decides she could help him, and they exchange contact information. 

2/21/17
-The president of Russia is killed by an American assassin in an act of war. 
-Khaoul finds and meets Octavius, who has been using the Death Note he dropped into the human realm. 

-Athena goes to the police station and introduces herself to Gabriel. 
-Etsuko starts communicating with Octavius over text-message. 
-Felix takes the subway to get out of his city and is approached by a stranger. 
-Saturo's on his way to the police station. 
2/22/17-2/23/17  
-Akemi Azami publicly challenges Kira to meet him at a restaurant. 
-Chief Ohara briefs the Kira investigation team on what they know about Kira so far.

Art

/monthly_2017_02/SaturoandKhaat.thumb.jpg.207b7f62d3e9c4432a5c0176bc7ad1d1.jpg
qGeIk6tEigRSQbtYl8NB3FzqKtOJ_SPsbqozLDuUJge0s3rLBuR0JiMt3LImMj-TDeyk3Zrh0CdfnlR4xes_O78AnCSOrYExKP8uRpsNK0DTtOMQddfPWuI4bcvMN3FPYE8aqhNY

Last edited by a moderator:
~Satoru Yukimura~ Night Time 

Satoru sat at his desk, nervously glancing from the clock on the wall to his phone. He held the international call card in his trembling hands as he entered his friend's number. Satoru sat through the dial tone, waiting for someone on the other end to pick up. Everyone else in his house was already sleeping, but with the time zone discrepancy this was the only time he could call to check on him. Finally, he heard a click on the other line.
        "Hello?" A sad voice spoke through the phone. He recognized it as the voice of his friend's mother. 

"Hello... This is Satoru, Kyle's friend... Could I speak with him?" Satoru heard a sniffle from the other side of the phone.
        "I'm sorry," Kyle's mother said. "He passed away last night." 
Satoru's eyes widened. What? How can that be? Could it be that it worked? 

"But I just spoke to him yesterday," Satoru said. 
        "The doctors said he died of a sudden heart attack..." 
A sudden heart attack?! There was no doubt now. It had to have been the notebook. 
        "I'm so sorry for your loss," Satoru said quickly. He heard his friend's mother starting to cry before she hung up the phone. Satoru sighed and put the cellphone down on his desk. He opened his drawer and took out the Death Note that he'd written his friend's name in. Next to "Kyle White," he'd written the name of the disease he'd been suffering from and the time to that morning in the United States, which would have been the afternoon for him. But according to Kyle's mother, he hadn't died at the time Satoru had written down. What was that all about? 
         Stupid Notebook, Satoru thought to himself. It had accomplished what he wanted. Still, Satoru was puzzled as to why the cause of death was wrong. The disease would have killed Kyle eventually. He'd thought that by writing it in the Death Note, he could accelerate it. 
         Satoru stopped thinking about all that for a moment. Reality sank in- one of his closest friends was dead, and most likely, he was the one responsible for that. He didn't know what to think. After all, Kyle had been sick for so long, waiting and pleading for death to come and take him. He'd gotten his wish; he wouldn't suffer anymore.

How to use: XXVII
"If you write die of disease with a specific disease's name and the person's time of death, there must be a sufficient amount of time for the disease to progress. If the set time is too tight, the victim will die of a heart attack after 6 minutes and 40 seconds after completing the Death Note."

it  started out as normal day for Khaat, he took a nap, wrote a poem, and then told jokes to the other shinigami. Same old same old. It had been the same for the past century. The shinigami realm was desolate as ever, and he had found joy in writing. But this day wasn't any normal day, he had become bored with writing and wanted to do something else for a change. he told the other shinigami that he was going to go run an "experiment" and would be away for a while. What this meant was that they would have no one to entertain them with stories, songs, and poems. But they wouldn't care. They'd just shrug and tell him goodbye. The experiment that he spoke of, was nothing to be taken lightly. He had dropped his death note into the human world.

Satoru pushed the thoughts aside and picked up the notebook again. The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die. Well, that much was correct. But all humans could die.
If the cause of death isn't specified... A heart attack. But he had specified a cause, and it had still been a heart attack. He wondered if all of this had just been a coincidence and not related to the notebook at all. But that didn't make any sense, unless there'd been some unknown heart problem Satoru hadn't known about. 

If he was willing to try again, all he needed to do was write another name down, but without a cause of death this time. If that person just dropped dead from a heart attack, he'd be more inclined to believe the notebook wasn't just some prank. He asked himself why he'd decided to take it with him from that crime scene all those years ago. The answer was simple- he was young and immature, interested and captivated by macabre things. Nothing was edgier than a notebook that claimed it could kill people. I'm too old for this, Satoru thought, putting the notebook back upside-down in his drawer along with the twenty other monochromatic notebooks he was keeping there. 

On the outside, he wasn't an interesting person. His room was simple and boring, painted white, furnished with black furniture, and accented with his favorite color- blue. The most interesting part of his room was his bookshelf. The most interesting thing about his life was his job. His coworkers were the only people who would miss him if he disappeared, other than his grandparents, whom he still lived with because housing wasn't readily available in the area. No chance Satoru would move elsewhere without a good reason. He felt like he had to stay to them to take care of his grandparents now that they were older. It was the only way he could repay them for taking care of him after his parents were killed.

He felt like he lived two separate lives, and perhaps that was a good thing. He encountered a crime scene almost every day, and at some point he'd just depersonalized from that and developed an alternate personality to cope. His co-workers knew the stern, analytical Yori Sato, who rarely displayed human emotions; his grandparents knew the helpful, outgoing Satoru. Nobody knew him as he was when there were no human's eyes on him. 

Etsuko Ui

She sat in her bedroom, criss-crossed on her bed with her laptop. The only light that was on came from her laptop. She was currently researching something, well, someone. A man that was only 7 years older then her. She was intrigued by him, she's never felt this way. Not to no one or thing. Her parents never gave her a teddy bear to cuddle, she only had her bed in a empty room. She only had her blanket to cuddle because she didn't even have a pillow. Her leaned forward, closer to her screen as another picture of him showed up. Though, it was ruined by her aunt's yelling,

"Etsuko! Dinner's ready!"

She closed her laptop and jumped off her bed, heading downstairs. She'll need to be on her laptop again after dinner to recover lost time.

Octavius set the Death Note onto the table, glaring at the cover. His face relaxed after a moment and he let out a sigh. Forty more names today. Twenty names and faces of criminals currently in jail who had killed someone, twenty who had gone free despite all the evidence pointing to them being guilty. Forty people who did not deserve to live, banished from this world. Cracking his knuckles from all the writing, he turned to the small kitchen and began making food. The apartment Octavius had inherited was rather bland, if not messy. He had never taken well to Japanese-style interiors, so there was a proper western style couch in the living room, across from an old television on a stand, and a coffee table in the middle. He never had a knack for interior design, so it was all simple colors, greens and browns and tans, like the woman who had sold him the furniture had advised. Despite the simplistic design, there was papers, bills stacked all over the coffee table, with only a small square where he set his food every night and every morning. The hospital was still charging him for his uncle's stay, despite it all. 

There wasn't any wall or anything separating the kitchen from the living room, and the other rooms were three bedroom and a bathroom. It was a very small apartment, the bedrooms being just barely big enough to fit a bed and a desk in them. Octavius has been meaning to move out for a while... and he's almost saved up enough to do so. It was just a matter of finding a place that he'd want, and boxing everything up. Pouring the ramen he had made into a bowl, Octavius retreaded to the living room and picked up the Death Note, setting his bowl of instant food down in the process. Flipping on the TV to the news channel, he set the notebook on his knee and wrote with one hand while eating with the other. 

Satoru pushed the thoughts aside and picked up the notebook again. The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die. Well, that much was correct. But all humans could die.
If the cause of death isn't specified... A heart attack. But he had specified a cause, and it had still been a heart attack. He wondered if all of this had just been a coincidence and not related to the notebook at all. But that didn't make any sense, unless there'd been some unknown heart problem Satoru hadn't known about. 

If he was willing to try again, all he needed to do was write another name down, but without a cause of death this time. If that person just dropped dead from a heart attack, he'd be more inclined to believe the notebook wasn't just some prank. He asked himself why he'd decided to take it with him from that crime scene all those years ago. The answer was simple- he was young and immature, interested and captivated by macabre things. Nothing was edgier than a notebook that claimed it could kill people. I'm too old for this, Satoru thought, putting the notebook back upside-down in his drawer along with the twenty other monochromatic notebooks he was keeping there. 

On the outside, he wasn't an interesting person. His room was simple and boring, painted white, furnished with black furniture, and accented with his favorite color- blue. The most interesting part of his room was his bookshelf. The most interesting thing about his life was his job. His coworkers were the only people who would miss him if he disappeared, other than his grandparents, whom he still lived with because housing wasn't readily available in the area. No chance Satoru would move elsewhere without a good reason. He felt like he had to stay to them to take care of his grandparents now that they were older. It was the only way he could repay them for taking care of him after his parents were killed.

He felt like he lived two separate lives, and perhaps that was a good thing. He encountered a crime scene almost every day, and at some point he'd just depersonalized from that and developed an alternate personality to cope. His co-workers knew the stern, analytical Yori Sato, who rarely displayed human emotions; his grandparents knew the helpful, outgoing Satoru. Nobody knew him as he was when there were no human's eyes on him. 

Khaat had found him. After years of searching he finally found him. He found his way into his room and sneaked up behind him, and in the most sarcastic voice he could muster up said, "aww man, you just oput my death note away like it's some book that you were done reading? That's disappointing. After all these years of looking for you you just put it away." He laughed and then wiped some spit off of his arm.

"Dear god mom, don't you ever get any good channels?"

Ms. Tanari glanced out of the kitchen towards her son with an embarrassed expression "Sorry dear, I don't really use that old thing for much and don't feel the need to pay for more than the essentials."

Beside her son, her daughter elbowed him after glancing up from her phone "Just pick something and leave it."

"I'm just saying!" He reiterated before flipping through the small selection of channels again "What kind of essentials are these? All you have are sales shows, news, twenty-four hour commercial channels and cooking shows, how are any of these essential."

Ms. Tanari finished cleaning the dish she'd been scrubbing and took her gloves off before entering the living room "I think the news is essential, oh hold up!" She motioned for him to stop scrolling when news coverage of a high-profile bank robbery-turned hostage situation came on "Isn't that exciting, dear?"

"If it wasn't like the seventh one this year." her son muttered

"Its fine mom." her daughter insisted as she set her phone down.

Looking between her two children, Ms. Tanari sighed before walking away towards the door to the basement . Pausing as she opened it, she turned back to her young to say "You both know that if you need anything, you can just call on me."

With that she locked the door and descended the stairs, sad steps becoming more confident as she stretched and walked over to a smaller TV before flipping it on to a similar story. pulling a chair out to watch, the  middle-aged woman took time to relax as she reached for her phone and began dialing a number with one hand. The other hand reached to a nearby cooler and popped it open.

Inside was the dismantled, frozen body of Ms. Tanari.

Reaching beside the pieces of bagged, cold flesh, the woman grabbed hold of a six pack of beer before pulling a can free and taking a deep sip. She finished dialing and closed the cooler as she watched TV and waited... until finally a panicking male voice came on.

"Who is this?!?" the voice barked "This isn't the time for-!"

"Hey Conner!" the woman chirped in a very noticeably male voice.

"W-what? Who are you, how'd you get this number?!?"

"Not an issue, just saw what's happening on TV man, looks like that new boss off yours got you into some shiyat." the imposter chuckled

"New boss...wait a minute.... Face? Face is that you?!?"

"Aw come on Connie my man, took you that long to recognize an old acquaintance?" The Imposter said before taking another swig of beer.

"The hell have you even been!?! Nobody's heard from you in months!"

"Yeah I got kinda bored with the routine. So I tried giving the home life thing a try."

"You what!?!"

"Yep! I'm a mother now."

Conner took much longer to respond "What?"

"Well technically I'm a widow living off her husband's life insurance after he died tragically, barely have any contact with my kids because they left the family home to forget what happened here. But they feel some need to visit me because I'm the only parent they have left."

Face saw that his beer was empty and crushed it before popping open the cooler and reaching for another one, as he briefly glanced to Ms. Tanari's corpse he rolled his eyes "I mean, technically they don't have any parents left but what they don't know doesn't hurt them."

"..........Jesus."

Satoru froze as stiff as an icicle. Was that an auditory hallucination? He slowly spun his chair around towards the voice. At the sight of the creature standing before him, he pressed a clenched fist over his mouth, thumb resting against his nose. He looked as if he were contemplating something, but he was really trying to keep from screaming. People in his line of work didn't scream at the sight of something shocking. That would be inconvenient, not to mention annoying. But this was something else entirely, and Satoru couldn't conceal his fear. 

"Your Death Note?" he asked, slightly trembling. He looked the creature up and down. In some ways it resembled a skeleton. He had seen a lot of those. The difference was that this one had a strange, upturned mouth, like a grin. And a mouthful of jagged teeth. 

"You certainly look like a death kind of..." he hesitated, knowing person didn't apply to the thing.  "What are you?" 

Michael took a deep sip from his water.  He had had a bit of a boring day.  Too many people had an idealized view of being a detective, but all he'd done was paperwork and chatting with his colleagues.  Though he felt terrible about it, he couldn't help but wish for a homicide to occur so that he'd have something to do.  With a sigh, he got up from his chair, walked over to his bookshelf, and took a book out.  It was some generic mystery novel, that Michael had long since solved, but he needed something to do, after all.  It was about someone committing murders with supernatural powers, which was admittedly a bit silly, but he enjoyed the added dimension of difficulty.  He walked back to his chair, leaned back, and opened it to the first page.

In the next three hours, he received zero calls requiring him to do any work.  Lucky.  He had gotten more than halfway through the book, but he had a strict schedule requiring him going to bed at ten.  Well, he just didn't want to be tired in the morning.  He slid into bed, skipping changing clothes, and closed his eyes.  For reasons he couldn't tell, he felt giddy.  As if he had some great challenge ahead of him.

Octavius leaned back, watching the news scroll by. It seemed to be taking a pause from the typical stuff for a while, so he set the Death Note down to go put his bowl in the sink. He mumbled to himself, something along the lines of the news people being just barely helpful enough to facilitate their existence. He paused, however, when the faucet shut off to allow him to hear the woman's voice. Something about a bank robbery turned hostage situation. Rushing back to the couch, he sat down as the names and faces of the suspects holding the people hostage within the bank flashed over the screen. Two men, each who had been convicted of similar crimes. The fools in the justice system apparently didn't learn their lesson the first time. 

Picking up his pen, the faces of the men fresh in his mind, Octavius wrote their names down in the Death Note. Judgment was passed. 

Satoru froze as stiff as an icicle. Was that an auditory hallucination? He slowly spun his chair around towards the voice. At the sight of the creature standing before him, he pressed a clenched fist over his mouth, thumb resting against his nose. He looked as if he were contemplating something, but he was really trying to keep from screaming. People in his line of work didn't scream at the sight of something shocking. That would be inconvenient, not to mention annoying. But this was something else entirely, and Satoru couldn't conceal his fear. 

"Your Death Note?" he asked, slightly trembling. He looked the creature up and down. In some ways it resembled a skeleton. He had seen a lot of those. The difference was that this one had a strange, upturned mouth, like a grin. And a mouthful of jagged teeth. 

"You certainly look like a death kind of..." he hesitated, knowing person didn't apply to the thing.  "What are you?" 

Khaat chuckled to himself "yeah, my death note. Things got a little tedious in the shinigami realm. So I decided to run a little experiment. You can keep the death note, and I get to watch you and follow you around. Deal? Oh. Also a heads up. Nobody else can see me. So be careful talking to me in public. But, between us... I CAN READ YOUR THOUGHTS" he lunges towards him as if to attack him, but then grabs an orange behind him that was sitting on his desk "you have oranges? I love oranges!"

Arisu stared out the windows of her penthouse apartment with a longing in her eyes. A longing to go out and be left alone. She was exhausted from a long day of work, and would have the next day off for herself. She wondered what she should do with all that time. Maybe she could finish that murder mystery she'd started. She thought the main character of the story was a lot like her. Classy, strong-willed and determined. But it wasn't like the character she played on television. Directors always cast her in the role of the femme-fatale. It may have something to do with her scarlet-dyed hair. She wasn't that manipulative or flirty in reality, but she definitely plaid the part well. Arisu liked to think of herself as a nice person, though she had moments when she made snarky remarks to her staff. Of course she always apologized right after. The ones closest to her knew she was a reserved lady, and that she could even be sweet if she wanted to be.

Bored with the view, she turned on her TV and settled on the couch, wrapping a fleece blanket around her slender body. She watched a hostage situation play out on the news and wondered if Kira was tuning in. It wasn't like she agreed with what he did, but she didn't oppose it either. It wasn't like she would share her opinion on the matter publicly. That was far too controversial. She didn't know quite what to make of the mysterious person killing off criminals. They'd made her more famous than she could have ever hoped for. Unfortunately the exposure and the paparazzi had been too much for her boyfriend to take. He'd proclaimed he couldn't be with her anymore and walked away from their relationship. That was fine with her; she'd rather lose him than let everyone down. If he couldn't stay with her through this, he didn't love her anyway. 

"I told ya buddy, I'm retired, can't bail you out of this kind of stuff like last time. You and Aron need to follow through with the plan and just hope that the cops don't pull any surprises."

"That's too much of a risk goddamn it!" Conner yelled before wincing

The imposter glanced at the phone for a moment as the man on the other side started audibly gasping, "Hey buddy....ya sound like you're having a bad time..."

"M-my chest....I!"

The sound of a body hitting the ground was the only thing to follow up, the fake woman gave a small smile at that before closing the phone and glancing back to the T.V. on screen a man stumbled out of the bank weapon in hand. Police called or him to drop his weapon, but the man only got several feet before clutching his chest and dropping to his knees. The gun clattered out of his hand and soon the robber followed, he went still for a moment as the police called to the other suspect. Instead hostages began making a break for freedom.

The Musketeer smiled at this and stood from his chair as the reporter on screen began describing the following events, opening the door off a nearby drying machine and pulling a rolled up paper from inside a towel. Unrolling it on the cooler, the Imposter added two more names to a growing list of dead criminals.

"Huh," he said as he tapped a pen to his teeth "just as I thought."

Khaat chuckled to himself "yeah, my death note. Things got a little tedious in the shinigami realm. So I decided to run a little experiment. You can keep the death note, and I get to watch you and follow you around. Deal? Oh. Also a heads up. Nobody else can see me. So be careful talking to me in public. But, between us... I CAN READ YOUR THOUGHTS" he lunges towards him as if to attack him, but then grabs an orange behind him that was sitting on his desk "you have oranges? I love oranges!"

A Shinigami? He'd heard of those before. Only in legends, of course. Who knew if anything he'd read in those books applied to this one. Good thing nobody else could see the Shinigami, or hear him, for that matter. He would've already woken his grandparents up.
Satoru's dark brown eyes widened as the Shinigami lunged towards him. He breathed a sigh of relief when all he did was reach for the orange that he'd neglected to eat. "I hate them," he confessed. His grandmother always brought him oranges because he "needed the vitamins". He appreciated that she cared so much about his health, but he really didn't like citrus fruit, especially the ones with the stringy white stuff on the inside. There was nothing worse.
"You can have all the oranges I bring up here, if you want." Satoru stood up and pushed his chair back beneath his desk. "But it's going to cost you a few answers. Starting with this, but I think I know the answer already." He took the notebook out of the drawer and faced the Shinigami, looking up into its eyes. "Can this notebook really kill people?" 

A Shinigami? He'd heard of those before. Only in legends, of course. Who knew if anything he'd read in those books applied to this one. Good thing nobody else could see the Shinigami, or hear him, for that matter. He would've already woken his grandparents up.
Satoru's dark brown eyes widened as the Shinigami lunged towards him. He breathed a sigh of relief when all he did was reach for the orange that he'd neglected to eat. "I hate them," he confessed. His grandmother always brought him oranges because he "needed the vitamins". He appreciated that she cared so much about his health, but he really didn't like citrus fruit, especially the ones with the stringy white stuff on the inside. There was nothing worse.
"You can have all the oranges I bring up here, if you want." Satoru stood up and pushed his chair back beneath his desk. "But it's going to cost you a few answers. Starting with this, but I think I know the answer already." He took the notebook out of the drawer and faced the Shinigami, looking up into its eyes. "Can this notebook really kill people?" 

"Hm, I don't know. I really wonder. Can the death note kill people? Take a wild guess, kid... Oh, speaking of which. I didn't get your name, kid. I'm just gonna call you kid because it sounds funny" he said, swallowing the orange whole, peel and vertebrae.

Satisfied as he watched the robbers stumbling out of the building and collapsing on the street, Octavius closed his book. He felt powerful, and surprisingly energetic, despite working a full day at work. Perhaps he should go for a walk? Looking about the room, he grumbled to himself. First and foremost, the place needed cleaning. But he couldn't do that this late at night... Technically, he shouldn't be out and about this late, either. It'll make him look suspicious, and the last thing he needed was the cops suspecting him of something. Suspicion led to investigation, and if they found his Death Note, it would be all over. They'd be able to link him to the deaths of the criminals, which the messed up justice system would then imprison him for. He'd have to keep a low profile for now... Perhaps he should go to bed...?

"Hm, I don't know. I really wonder. Can the death note kill people? Take a wild guess, kid... Oh, speaking of which. I didn't get your name, kid. I'm just gonna call you kid because it sounds funny" he said, swallowing the orange whole, peel and vertebrae.

"Kid?" he grumbled. Nobody's called me that since... Yesterday, actually. That was the curse of a youthful appearance. "My name is Satoru Yukimura," he said. "Call me what you want. I'm the only person who'll hear it, anyway. I'd call you eyesore, but to me you look cool, so it wouldn't be genuine." The strange skeleton creature really livened up the drab room. "Guess I'll just call you by your actual name." Satoru shuddered as he watched the Shinigami eat the orange, then looked down at the sleek dark Notebook in his hands. Could it be? "So, if this thing really works, is that how 'Kira' kills all those criminals?" He paused, recalling that the Shinigami wasn't from this realm. "I don't know if you've heard about that." 

"Kid?" he grumbled. Nobody's called me that since... Yesterday, actually. That was the curse of a youthful appearance. "My name is Satoru Yukimara," he said. "Call me what you want. I'm the only person who'll hear it, anyway. I'd call you eyesore, but to me you look cool, so it wouldn't be genuine." The strange skeleton creature really livened up the drab room. "Guess I'll just call you by your actual name." Satoru shuddered as he watched the Shinigami eat the orange, then looked down at the sleek dark Notebook in his hands. Could it be? "So, if this thing really works, is that how 'Kira' kills all those criminals?" He paused, recalling that the Shinigami wasn't from this realm. "I don't know if you've heard about that." 

"Huh? Kira? The death note is how we shinigami survive" Khaat said, smirking. "If we write down names in the death note we gain the remaining life span of the person who we killed. Of course people still die naturally if shinigami neglect them but we have the power to kill as we please. I know not of this 'kira' you're talking about, but if he's a human who kills with a name and a fade then yes, he has a death note. By the way, my name's Khaat"

"This guy is really pissing me off" 

The sound of large, angry, fists pounded furiously on the small black desk, shaking the piece of furniture too its very foundation.......

"Unbelieveable, UNBELIEVEABLE, UNBE-FUCKING-LIEVEABLE. This guy deserves to be tortured"

Room was pitch black, nothing but pure imagination and the ominous presences of one very, hostile and......surprisingly emotional  teenage boy filled the light-stirken room with the terrifying aura it held so convincingly........

"That's IT, this guy doesn't' deserve to be living anymore! I'm writing his name down......."

Suddenly.......for some strange reason......a strange choir of voices frantically shouting to the similarly frantic bellowing of violins started to play........I'm sure the orchestra wasn't set to play unti- sorry getting off track.

Anyway, the angered teen quickly grabbed for some kind of writing instrument, trudging around his general area until he found what looked like a yellow marker. Satisfied, the male crudely snatched a noteback off the side of his desk. The teenager swished it open and.........ok WHERE IS THE DAMNED ORCHESTRA COMING FROM!?!

"SUBARU NATSUKI.........YOU'RE ON MY SHIT-LIST!!!!"

Wait.....huh?

"H-how..........HOW COULD YOU REJECT REM *Sobs*"

Um.....am I supposed to be narrating?......I have no idea what's going on.......But um....

The boy drops to floor crying and sobbing like a six-year-old throwing a tantrum. He mumble's something unintelligible and slowly drifts to sleep....

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

Honda quickly composes himself, wiping off the tears he shed earlier until his face was.....mostly fixed.

"Perhaps I'm getting to attached to this......." 

Yeah, no. There was no way he was going to bed like this. Slipping into his shoes he shrugged on his jacket and headed outside, walking towards downtown. Might as well pretend to shop while he was out. He was currently wearing a while dress shirt, a black hoodie, and a pair of black jeans. He locked his door behind him, tromping down the stairs of the apartment building and onto street level. 

"Huh? Kira? The death note is how we shinigami survive" Khaat said, smirking. "If we write down names in the death note we gain the remaining life span of the person who we killed. Of course people still die naturally if shinigami neglect them but we have the power to kill as we please. I know not of this 'kira' you're talking about, but if he's a human who kills with a name and a fade then yes, he has a death note. By the way, my name's Khaat"

"Yes," Satoru said. "There's a person they call Kira. He kills criminals on TV. And now that I think about it... Yeah, they always broadcast a face..." It dawned on him how much power he was holding in his hands. But he wouldn't become like that. "Khaat? Okay, then." He was grateful the Shinigami had a name he could pronounce. Who knew what the others went by.

Satoru had a realization. "This is what the police are looking for," he said quietly, looking down at the notebook again. "I could just tear out the page with my friend's name on it and hand it to them... It could help them solve the case... I would be hailed a hero..." He thought about his friend again. All the people who were suffering, forced to stay alive by laws that forbade them to end their agony. All the people who were hurting others, emotionally and physically. Not just the criminals that Kira punished. The ones who got away. Besides, he had no way of knowing who would get their hands on the Death Note if he didn't keep it. He wasn't a selfish person; glory and fame meant nothing to him. All he wanted was to end pain. "Everyone would say turning the notebook in is the right thing to do. But they wouldn't do it. And neither will I." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back