• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
This is very random but I’ve been thinking about this for a while so I offer a silly prompt:

For y’all with characters who’s wardrobe usually leans on the more fantasy side, how would you style your characters for a modern setting? Would they have any specific aesthetics or fashion tastes?
The one prompt that I can’t apply to Joker because he already wears modern clothes LOL. I’m too lazy to put together collages that show stuff exactly so descriptions will have to do

Pyra: She probably would wear lots of short/medium length skirts and loose blouses. Nothing too overly fancy or over the top but also not anything super revealing like one might think she would like to wear. Definitely wears a lot of pinks/magentas, black and emerald colors

Mythra: She is a mix of sporty but also girly. One day she’s wearing a sporty tank top with a loose sports jacket and shorts (bonus if she’s wearing a backwards cap) and the next she’s wearing a simple blouse with jean shorts or a simple skirt. Her outfit definitely depends on how she feels but I feel like she’d lean more into wearing pants/shorts over skirts/dresses despite what her usual outfit might suggest lol! She does still retain some girly-ness though. Definitely wears lots of whites and golds with occasional emerald and black

Sora: I guess his outfits aren’t too far off modern if you took away some aspects. He probably wears baggy pants/shorts with simple tshirts and some kind of light jacket. He probably gets the skater boy look Roxas has

Byleth: I know this isn’t exactly the prompt but I imagined him in more modern military uniforms and now I can’t picture him in normal clothes rn

Shulk: He wears lots of sweaters and jeans. Very simple outfits that are comfy and easy. He’s not very fashionable but he’s doing his best and he prefers to stick to comfort anyways

The one prompt that I can’t apply to Joker because he already wears modern clothes LOL. I’m too lazy to put together collages that show stuff exactly so descriptions will have to do

Pyra: She probably would wear lots of short/medium length skirts and loose blouses. Nothing too overly fancy or over the top but also not anything super revealing like one might think she would like to wear. Definitely wears a lot of pinks/magentas, black and emerald colors

Mythra: She is a mix of sporty but also girly. One day she’s wearing a sporty tank top with a loose sports jacket and shorts (bonus if she’s wearing a backwards cap) and the next she’s wearing a simple blouse with jean shorts or a simple skirt. Her outfit definitely depends on how she feels but I feel like she’d lean more into wearing pants/shorts over skirts/dresses despite what her usual outfit might suggest lol! She does still retain some girly-ness though. Definitely wears lots of whites and golds with occasional emerald and black

Sora: I guess his outfits aren’t too far off modern if you took away some aspects. He probably wears baggy pants/shorts with simple tshirts and some kind of light jacket. He probably gets the skater boy look Roxas has

Byleth: I know this isn’t exactly the prompt but I imagined him in more modern military uniforms and now I can’t picture him in normal clothes rn

Shulk: He wears lots of sweaters and jeans. Very simple outfits that are comfy and easy. He’s not very fashionable but he’s doing his best and he prefers to stick to comfort anyways
I can see Byleth dressing business-casual.
1713619386483.png

Possible Lunaris/Night Dragon voice? XD

I just learned that these two characters share the same voice actor:

Blight Dragon hyped up on the Pillars in a Final Boss Battle? >:3c

Now I'm imagining what a fight between Link and the Blight Dragon would've been like had it been in a game. Link uses his hookshot to pull himself onto the dragon's back, and he hacks away at weak spots while the Blight Dragon taunts him. Maybe a Quick Time Event where the player has to act quickly because the Blight Dragon plans to do a flip to try and toss Link off! Or Link tosses a bomb into his mouth whenever he tries to devour him!

GOLLY now that's a voice!
I'm a sucker for deep, manly voices 😅
View attachment 1158625
Yet, Lunaris doesn't seem to recall this. He was very young; it may have been so traumatizing for him that he repressed the memory!
Awww, he looked so cute as a widdle munchkin!
This is very random but I’ve been thinking about this for a while so I offer a silly prompt:

For y’all with characters who’s wardrobe usually leans on the more fantasy side, how would you style your characters for a modern setting? Would they have any specific aesthetics or fashion tastes?

So like for example here’s a little mood board I made for Zelda

View attachment 1158645

(I’m not super knowledgeable on fashion so forgive me if I use the wrong terms for anything) My first thoughts going in were to sort of lean towards a late 80’s/early 90’s preppy fashion sort of as a callback to when alttp came out so originally had a lot more pastels and way more sweater vests lmao, but eventually I decided to take a different approach. Instead I ended up really focusing on the general silhouette and maintaining her color palette. So, I mainly went with mid calf to ankle length skirts and dresses that work as a modern twist to the long princess gowns and kept to the color palette of white, Magenta, blue, and gold. Dhskfjdkf admittedly it does feel like I just deyassified her but if I ever was to think more into how I’d dress zel for the modern world, ig this could be a decent start even if it is a little boring 😅
OH BRO YOU DON'T KNOW THE BEAST YOU HAVE AWOKEN
Pinterest is my second home, really. I use references, images, drawings, outfits, and so much more from there for almost everything creative I do.
I made pin boards and even playlists based off my characters when I was bored, so I'll share a few thingies!

They're little kiddos, and so one of the songs I put on their little playlist was from Disney's Frozen. It also fits because their little village is a tribe of people located in a valley surrounded by icy mountains.

And moving onto the wardrobe, their style would probably be more practical for warmth and stuff. I think cute little sweaters and fur-lined boots would be a good match.
643d65b9e183c6e33280980691addd73.jpg
98f4a293888cce40936279ec966faca2.jpg
aa1d7e8b6ad497111c20a07be9998272.jpg
fca19f3ebced97f95bcc3793c09c631c.jpg

Now my favorite song on his playlist would have to be this one, I think it matches his demeanor very well.

Now, onto his style...you can't tell me that Ike wouldn't be a gym bro. You just can't. He'd constantly be wearing sweatpants, tank tops, tight shirts, etc. Sneakers, a Fitbit, and a backpack would probably be good accessories.
82fcf2175218837b0320e191bb9bcc2a.jpg
b29cc12c0eb170a7e87e6f43f90abfd5.jpg
4216977e09b85248a5e0f666eac3adba.jpg
708043df07f8967e9ee2d9bdeeba5633.jpg

I made references to this song before when it comes to Ada. Plus, a lot of the lyrics resonate with her too so there's that.

For her style, I fully believe she'd go for the mechanic aesthetic. Pants with lots of pockets, perhaps even overalls, and a utility belt? Maybe some boots or sneakers, some gloves, etc.
c80cd379c6f8bfaf45ac79689fd224b9.jpg
9f16c24265dc97497afb91c8b0fe485e.jpg
712b75f97b5108170de87a43ae9179df.jpg
6e7944bcb6ee48b57f689ec799f11327.jpg

I think the music of this song fits Hyrule Warriors, as most of the music is rock. It also has religious references so that's cool

And onto her wardrobe: Lana would 100% be into the light academia aesthetic. Sweaters and blouses and pleated skirts. Cute little boots, some hair ribbons, watches, and messenger bags.
71fcf35b21a7f3a6e9bb5339962f7387.jpg
3b9a954c9774d758ae65602621009e63.jpg
29c774c90741e8cdebceec08e3b98747.jpg
bc9814dcc64c10b1e4e8222e763bf4b6.jpg

I came across this song a week or two ago, and when I listened to it, I was like "Yep, this is Cia".
And to contrast against Lana, Cia would dress in the Dark Academia style!
8947c9e5cbf572a86065a602e6ff06f6.jpg
aa64e0f81b9fa1c4f2b7cde8d561348f.jpg
ef69be0532efcf28ac5e9fb2c3d6afa0.jpg
d9033995c58deaa8b1b633aa4c476d8c.jpg

GOLLY now that's a voice!
I'm a sucker for deep, manly voices 😅

Awww, he looked so cute as a widdle munchkin!

OH BRO YOU DON'T KNOW THE BEAST YOU HAVE AWOKEN
Pinterest is my second home, really. I use references, images, drawings, outfits, and so much more from there for almost everything creative I do.
I made pin boards and even playlists based off my characters when I was bored, so I'll share a few thingies!
"OH NO HE'S HOOOOOT!!"
I found that voice by accident. It showed up on my YT playlist, decided why not, and when I heard the line about being a nobody, then creating a religion and owning a flying citadel, I was like, "Okay. Yes." And it's a voice that is capable of being pleasant, hammy, and threatening!

Oh man, don't get me started on songs! I've already shared these earlier in the thread, but here are songs that remind me of my PCs.

"Faster Than the Flame" puts to mind the part of Uprising where Pit and Dark Pit work together to defeat the Chaos Kin, and what happens afterward.

Pit specifically:

I always think of NES Kid Icarus when I hear this one.

For Dark Pit:

I can never listen to this song without thinking of Dark Pit!

It might be odd that I associate this one with Link as I tend to imagine Tetra being the one singing this.

"OH NO HE'S HOOOOOT!!"
I found that voice by accident. It showed up on my YT playlist, decided why not, and when I heard the line about being a nobody, then creating a religion and owning a flying citadel, I was like, "Okay. Yes." And it's a voice that is capable of being pleasant, hammy, and threatening!
"Don't be intimidated, try to imagine him in his underwear!"
I really love the voice, elegant but imperialistic, it suits Lunaris perfectly! I agree, it's very flexible. I also like the accent too, hbdsokjsdkefk I really really love accents...
Oh man, don't get me started on songs! I've already shared these earlier in the thread, but here are songs that remind me of my PCs.

"Faster Than the Flame" puts to mind the part of Uprising where Pit and Dark Pit work together to defeat the Chaos Kin, and what happens afterward.

Pit specifically:

I always think of NES Kid Icarus when I hear this one.

For Dark Pit:

I can never listen to this song without thinking of Dark Pit!

undefined
These are some bangers, 10/10!
I really like listening to music or finding outfits for characters. Those types of creative exercises really help me in getting to know characters better imo ☺️

Ploegy Ploegy

Woweee.. where do I start? Seph’s reaction to his Lunaris counter part is gonna leave him pissed off. Shinra messed with his DNA once he feels violated there’s gonna be hell to pay the fact he can’t control his counter part is also annoying. Yeah he’s less than amused.

Paula I see her curious about her Lunaris counter part wonders if she can use PSI like her, or magic like the real Lunaris.

Ahhhh this prompt is very thought provoking it reminds me of a certain plot point in One Piece.
the world government kidnapped and experimented on King because of his “green blood’ he’s from the Lunarian race that’s dying out. The Lunarians have white hair, brown skin, black wings. Dunno about the other Lunarians, King has insane strength and durability. He’s also a tall ass guy standing at 20ft.

Eh the seraphim’s are clones mixed with Kings blood samples and those of the canons. Oddly, the Seraphims are the kid versions of the canons, brown skin, white hair, and black wings. The seraphim’s have all that in common as well as stars for pupils.

I really love the voice, elegant but imperialistic, it suits Lunaris perfectly! I agree, it's very flexible. I also like the accent too, hbdsokjsdkefk I really really love accents...

I really like listening to music or finding outfits for characters. Those types of creative exercises really help me in getting to know characters better imo ☺️
I see Seph more of a guy who likes dressy, but leans into leather lol.

Paula is more of a girl who is into cute clothing, like dresses, ribbons, etc

Lunaris doesn't care for showing off his body, so no fanservice art for him! XD Not that there'd be much to show off anyway, considering his situation.

Exactly! The accent is the cherry on top! Glad you like the music too!

Lunaris doesn't care for showing off his body, so no fanservice art for him! XD Not that there'd be much to show off anyway, considering his situation.

I now can see Lunaris sounding like that 💯 even when he’s sounds intimidating. I can see the meeting with Seph would be fun

Ahhh GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow i agree with Shroomie the songs are bangers. I remember we had a short chat about Faster than flame being the song fitting for Pit vs Seph! I WHOLLY agree! how bad ass it is if pit fought against safer Sephiroth and manages to hold his own?!

Sermon of Swords, actually!

Ahhhh still a bad ass song and my point still stands how bad ass it would be for Pit to hold his own against safer Sephiroth cause pit needs no materia, fancy accessories just his angel power. I haven’t played any of the kid Icarus games he sounds so cool from your posts ❤️ he gets my respect. I’d die happy he manages to match up tp S! Sephiroth

God songs that go with my characters?? I don't listen to a lot of music outside of VG OSTs these days but I can offer a couple

Bonus cuz I saw this edit awhile back, not huge on the full song but this bit is very him

Every time I hear this I can't help but think of her I would have avoided Disney songs but this one just hits

This always reminded me of the beginning of Shulk's journey

Literally the first 10 seconds sums up Lunaris to a T lmao. And I love the villainous charisma of the voice too. Good for deceiving the most unsuspecting of people's to divert his true intentions 😈. Plus, it would sell his snarkier moments really well! (Now I can't unsee Lunaris being Perfect Cell lol)

Literally the first 10 seconds sums up Lunaris to a T lmao. And I love the villainous charisma of the voice too. Good for deceiving the most unsuspecting of people's to divert his true intentions 😈. Plus, it would sell his snarkier moments really well! (Now I can't unsee Lunaris being Perfect Cell lol)
Omg you’re right… I can’t unsee Lunaris being perfect cell either. 👀 good observation.

Oh goodness gracious, the day fanservice art of Lunaris is made is the day this OOC will implode 😆

It's just something about the accent that makes it sound...BETTER! And yeah, the music slaps, not to mention fits your characters perfectly.
I now can see Lunaris sounding like that 💯 even when he’s sounds intimidating. I can see the meeting with Seph would be fun
I love how not only Sephiroth but also Lunaris both have those yummy-sounding, deep voices. Mayyyybe Cia is just like me and has a thing for those voices too dkeihsbwd
941df2196eab0ef4aa9176e7816018aa.jpg

Oh goodness gracious, the day fanservice art of Lunaris is made is the day this OOC will implode 😆

It's just something about the accent that makes it sound...BETTER! And yeah, the music slaps, not to mention fits your characters perfectly.

I love how not only Sephiroth but also Lunaris both have those yummy-sounding, deep voices. Mayyyybe Cia is just like me and has a thing for those voices too dkeihsbwd
Right?! They are so yummy ugh two bishies get an army of fan girls. What’s funny? In crisis core Seph has a fan club lol 😂

Oh geeze now you're making me picture Lunaris sounding like Plankton! XD

I really like that deep and flat, "I refuse." at 15:22. I just imagine Stefan saying that to Agahnim/Ganon right before a wizard battle breaks out between them!

Right?! They are so yummy ugh two bishies get an army of fan girls. What’s funny? In crisis core Seph has a fan club lol 😂
🤣 I can't get the image out of my mind of some random teenage girls dressed in shirts with Sephiroth's face on them, just following him around and swooning every time he speaks!

Cia: "...Who are these little pests who keep following you?"
Sephiroth: "...They aren't important."

🤣 I can't get the image out of my mind of some random teenage girls dressed in shirts with Sephiroth's face on them, just following him around and swooning every time he speaks!

Cia: "...Who are these little pests who keep following you?"
Sephiroth: "...They aren't important."
Ha! Fr! That’s his reaction.. 💯 I can’t unsee people cosplaying as him either.

Lunaris takes the form of the Night Dragon once, then wonders why bards keep showing up at his doorstep!

Oh geeze, picture Lunaris leaning in close to Cia, lifting his mask only slightly to rumble in her ear for the sole purpose of giving her goosebumps! XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back