• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
So you know how I said Ann post would be this weekend/early next week? Yeah expect it tomorrow most likely LOL. I was in too much of a good groove tonight to stop and have pretty much the whole thing done getting in that mood to write sad stuff just really vibed with me. Ann really needs a hug after what I have written ngl

A Valentines Day-inspired prompt:

Imagine your characters are in a game with a Friendship/Romance mechanic similar to Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley where you as the player can give gifts such as flowers, seashells, or a specific food item, to raise their disposition toward you. What kind of gifts do you think your characters would Hate, Like, or Love?

I will answer that prompt shortly, but first, I must recover from my Ann post. The angst be hitting in this one.

There is one random bit of info/lore drop that I put in it that I was pretty proud of sneaking in no it's not the coffee one, but I will leave what it is a secret for now 😉

Imagine your characters are in a game with a Friendship/Romance mechanic similar to Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley where you as the player can give gifts such as flowers, seashells, or a specific food item, to raise their disposition toward you. What kind of gifts do you think your characters would Hate, Like, or Love?
The loves for these were a lot easier than hates so oops there isn't much for them

Joker: Loves - Coffee (or coffee beans either works), curry, cheesy souvenirs (like keychains), gems (which he will likely sell for money)
Hates - Super sweet foods (he's said to not like super sweet crepes Ann is crying so I assume it extends to more)

Yoshi: Loves - Fruits (of any kind, but has strong preference for melons and apples), cookies, flowers (preferably daisies since they look most like the flowers in Yoshi games)
Hates - Complex books (he will accept children's books)

Pyra: Purely based on her favorite pouch items from XC2 so Jenorossi tea and Woodgrain alphorn (for specific items) or veggies and books (for her more generic choices)
Hates - Machine parts

Mythra: Again purely based on her favorite pouch items from XC2 so Cloud Sea crab sticks and Final Chorus (which is an art piece) or desserts and meats
Hates - Spices, veggies

Sora: Loves - Paopu Fruit, keychains, sweets
Hates - Most kinds of technology (he doesn't know how to work most of it)

Byleth: Loves - Purely based on his favorite items in Three Hopes so fishing float, whetstone, The History of Fodlan (just give him history books. What a nerd), training weights
Hates - Romance novels (they do not interest him), sweets

Shulk: Loves - Given XC1 has a gift system I'm generalizing his gifts which comes down to gears, cogs and other machine parts. I'm also under the impression he would like books, especially more academic ones
Hates - Veggies and caterpillars. Yes I'm including caterpillars cuz he's terrified of them and now y'all know

Not sure about Sephiroth I’m gonna go with a head canon of mine of course pre Nibelheim and learning the truth of his origins. He’s a 1st SOLDIER that likely keeps him away for days at a time, but when he’s around in Midgar. He doesn’t shy away from take out his tastes lean toward spicy, sour, or savory he is not picky it’s the thought that counts. He does seem cold and aloof. I’d like to think before we know him as the man with the bloodlust he had some sense of good and honor almost like Angeal, but expresses himself in a different way than Genesis and Angeal.

Hmm Paula is a toughie I can see her liking chocolate covered bears, plain, or sour kind. Eh, a cup of hot chocolate will be good I take her as someone with a sweet tooth.

Pit & Dark Pit

Hate
"... That's NOT funny!"/ "... Is this some kind of joke?"
-Eggplants

"Haha! Thanks! That's really nice of you!"/ "Hey, not bad. Thanks."
-Feathers (Angel Feathers gave Pit temporary flight in KI NES)
-Hearts ($$$)
-Flowers (Both Pits seem the types to like being given flowers to me 🤷‍♀️)

Love:
"Wow! Really? For me? Thanks a lot! I love this!"/ "Is this really for me? ... Thanks. I like it a lot."
-Junk food such as burgers and pizza, and sweets
-Wine (Wine is a healing item in KI NES & OM&M)

Toon Link

Hate
(*Annoyed Toon Link grunt*)
-Potions and medicines (If Toon Link's expression when drinking potions is any indication, they taste awful!)

"Haha!"
-Supplies such as arrows and bombs
-Hearts
-Rupees

Love
"YAY!!"
-Soup
-Heart containers/Piece of Heart
-Figurines

Pikachu

Hate
"... Chuu..."
YellowPikachuAngry.png
-Bitter berries
-Herbal medicine
-Thunderstone

"Pikapika!"
YellowPikachuHappyHeart.png
-Magnet
-Light Ball
-Sweet berries

Love
"Pi-Pikachu!!"
YellowPikachuVeryHappyManyHearts.png
-Apples
-Pecha berries
-Outfits (Cosplay Pikachu)

Mythra: Again purely based on her favorite pouch items from XC2 so Cloud Sea crab sticks and Final Chorus (which is an art piece) or desserts and meats
Hates - Spices, veggies
A love of meat and sweets, and a dislike of vegetables? Just more things Pit and Mythra have in common! Now I have the idea of Pit and Mythra looking at Greek statues in an art museum, or getting excited over street food, maybe even putting samples on each other's plates. I don't know if that last part is really IC for Mythra, but it's cute!

Pit brings up Eggplant Wizards and how terrifying they are. Mythra rolls her eyes, thinking Pit is speaking nonsense, then she has an embarrassing encounter with one!

A love of meat and sweets, and a dislike of vegetables? Just more things Pit and Mythra have in common! Now I have the idea of Pit and Mythra looking at Greek statues in an art museum, or getting excited over street food, maybe even putting samples on each other's plates. I don't know if that last part is really IC for Mythra, but it's cute!

Pit brings up Eggplant Wizards and how terrifying they are. Mythra rolls her eyes, thinking Pit is speaking nonsense, then she has an embarrassing encounter with one!
The whole veggies thing is just a guess/HC for Mythra tbh. She doesn't canonically show distaste but given she has a strong pull towards meats and sweets it seemed fitting

She may not actually get excited over the food (not visibly so at least. she's got an image to keep up) but she'd probably enjoy it

The whole veggies thing is just a guess/HC for Mythra tbh. She doesn't canonically show distaste but given she has a strong pull towards meats and sweets it seemed fitting

She may not actually get excited over the food (not visibly so at least. she's got an image to keep up) but she'd probably enjoy it
Pit only expressed a mild distaste in vegetables in the ENG dub of Uprising, and it seems more out of being bored of vegetable dishes than a genuine dislike of them. He doesn't show such in the JAP script, but I cannot see anyone going up to a Pit and randomly giving him eggplants unless it's malicious.

I had another cute thought of Pikachu and Yoshi finding an apple tree. Then the cute thought turned ridiculous because then I pictured them eating fruit off the ground and getting drunk off it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not an uncommon thing for Yoshis and Pokemon lol

I was going to write more about why they’d like/hate the items but I got lazy lol

Inkling
Hates: Soap, Wasabi, Industrial Blender

Loves: Shrimp Tempura, Tentakek Brand Shoes, Stuffed Zapfish

Zelda
Hates: Pork, Knight Armor, Bottled Bee

Loves: Magic Powder, Ancient Tomes/History Books, CiaoCiao Figure

Pichu
Hates: Poke Doll, Bitter Medicine, Soft Sand

Loves: Ukulele, Soothe Bell, Sour Food

Isabelle:
Hates: Pitfall Seed, Counterfeit Art, Wasp Nest

Loves: Perfect Fruit, Lloids, Alpine Furniture

Last edited:
Apologies for changing the topic, my tired, sleepless brain just wanted to get this out
There is one random bit of info/lore drop that I put in it that I was pretty proud of sneaking in no it's not the coffee one, but I will leave what it is a secret for now 😉
In case anyone was curious, the little bit Carmen speaks has some little details. Not sure if I mentioned before about Joker being called the wildcard, but that is how he ended up being codenamed Joker in the first place since it’s the wildcard in a deck of playing cards and Morgana deemed him their trump card. But also the detail of the fool and the lover was a little reference to Joker being the Fool Arcana and Ann being the Lovers Arcana. Ty for coming to Ploegy spills the secrets behind her info drops

Also in regards to posts, if anyone specifically wants to get a reaction up towards Ann before I tie Joker back in, do tell me so I can wait. I’ll likely wait a little anyways and focus on Pyra first to give time but I don’t want to wait weeks to work him back in maybe that’s selfish of me but with ideas fresh on the mind I’d prefer to strike while it’s hot

Shulk: Loves - Given XC1 has a gift system I'm generalizing his gifts which comes down to gears, cogs and other machine parts. I'm also under the impression he would like books, especially more academic ones
Hates - Veggies and caterpillars. Yes I'm including caterpillars cuz he's terrified of them and now y'all know
Now I'm wondering what Shulk thinks of Bug-type Pokemon like Caterpie and Weedle! XD
pokemon-caterpie.gif

Inkling
Hates: Soap, Wasabi, Industrial Blender

Loves: Shrimp Tempura, Tentakek Brand Shoes, Stuffed Zapfish
My immediate thought:
AtlantisSoap.gif

Now I'm wondering what Shulk thinks of Bug-type Pokemon like Caterpie and Weedle! XD
pokemon-caterpie.gif
He'd probably react to them similar to how he'd react to caterpillars in general. They'd look close enough to what he's familiar with. Shulk about to whack a poor Caterpie with the Monado just because he is terrified of it, but one of the other Smash Bros stops him

It’d be fun if Bug Pokemon are just drawn to Shulk. No one knows why!

He finds a Joltik attached to him!

Good thing his fear is only caterpillars lol. He wouldn't be so bothered by other bugs. But the thought of all the caterpillar-like Pokemon just following him around like lost puppies is a funny thing to imagine

Apologies for changing the topic, my tired, sleepless brain just wanted to get this out

In case anyone was curious, the little bit Carmen speaks has some little details. Not sure if I mentioned before about Joker being called the wildcard, but that is how he ended up being codenamed Joker in the first place since it’s the wildcard in a deck of playing cards and Morgana deemed him their trump card. But also the detail of the fool and the lover was a little reference to Joker being the Fool Arcana and Ann being the Lovers Arcana. Ty for coming to Ploegy spills the secrets behind her info drops

Also in regards to posts, if anyone specifically wants to get a reaction up towards Ann before I tie Joker back in, do tell me so I can wait. I’ll likely wait a little anyways and focus on Pyra first to give time but I don’t want to wait weeks to work him back in maybe that’s selfish of me but with ideas fresh on the mind I’d prefer to strike while it’s hot
Hmm Paula just gives Ann a hug is all I can think of..

And then later, Shulk is rescued by a Butterfree that is actually the Caterpie he nearly whacked! 🥲
And this is how Shulk becomes a bug-type Pokemon trainer reminds me of when I did Pokemon teams for my other characters. Maybe I gotta do Shulk now

Hmm Paula just gives Ann a hug is all I can think of..
All good if you don't really have much. I just know as soon as I bring Joker back it's gonna get sappy in that post maybe I post this on Valentine's Day LOL so I figured I'd give people a chance to react to her breakdown if they wanted to specifically do something. It's no problem if not

I’d definitely be a Bug-type trainer. I think they have some of the greatest designs, and I keep bugs as pets. And I’d have a Totodile because I also keep reptiles and I live in Florida XD

So I saw a really dumb stock photo and it made me have a dumb thought so I quickly scribbled up this doodle I gave up when doodling Joker so much. I made his face pretty and gave up on everything else
idksomeshuann.png

Clearly I lied about it being sappy /j

I’d definitely be a Bug-type trainer. I think they have some of the greatest designs, and I keep bugs as pets. And I’d have a Totodile because I also keep reptiles and I live in Florida XD
I'd probably be an electric type trainer given so many of my fav mons are electric lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back